Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Robot posted:

Shouts out to RZA as the DJ that gets merked out in Afro Samurai 2.

The Afro Samurai movies are pretty underrated, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Afro Samurai 2 is almost completely nonsensical but it's visually dope.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea just got a remote auto follow focus so we can do some 70 zooms.

Did you use the highness for the performance.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ladyeye says im not allowed to electrocute myself

FUCKIN BULLSHIT

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

FUCKIN BULLSHIT

She just wants you to include her more in your sex life, let her flip the switch.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

FUCKIN BULLSHIT

Women. Can't live with them, can't safely hook a car battery to your nutsack without them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
shoutout to the adaptation of The Box in XX for showing the little girl reading Hellboy vol 1

i have no idea why they chose that as the comic for a small child to be reading but whatever

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the box is a hella weird adaptation because it just flips the mother and father from how the book is presented but not even all the time, just some of it

i

don't understand what they're trying to communicate

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm watching Junior kinda half paying attention to it and Arnold just flips a wormy looking guy over a table who I guess wanted to abort his baby and his one-liner is "my body, my choice"

This kinda owns???

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Shut up and watch the film.

Edit: Both of you.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

In light of the absolutely perfect jump scare at the end of Friday the 13th, I can absolutely see why the sequels went with the supernatural hook instead of continuing the bargain basement "Italian Hitchcock knockoff" vibe they had going with the original

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

yeah i'm done, my words still stand

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The plain original Lay's kettle cooked potato chips are terrible.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skwirl posted:

That could be the thread title

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

The plain original Lay's kettle cooked potato chips are terrible.

Grandma Utz is the only proper option when eating normal kettle chips

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

they're a touch too salty, but I can't not love lard

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cape Cod would like to have a word with you.
Cracked pepper is heavenly. Salt and vinegar can go to hell.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Just spent the better part of 2 hours making a freestyle rap about the local shawarma place and their terrible policy. What am I doing with my life.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the box is a hella weird adaptation because it just flips the mother and father from how the book is presented but not even all the time, just some of it

i

don't understand what they're trying to communicate

From I could gather front the Q+A, the director wanted to film the story and had to make it more female centric because that's the point of the anthology.

In general I find it kind of disappointing that in an all female made anthology, 3/4 of the filmmakers went with making a short about motherhood

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Just spent the better part of 2 hours making a freestyle rap about the local shawarma place and their terrible policy. What am I doing with my life.

Living

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

glam rock hamhock posted:

From I could gather front the Q+A, the director wanted to film the story and had to make it more female centric because that's the point of the anthology.

In general I find it kind of disappointing that in an all female made anthology, 3/4 of the filmmakers went with making a short about motherhood

yeah the problem is it just becomes kinda Weird as an adaptation because it's a large, visible change, but not all the time, and also it doesn't really change anything?

muddles the gently caress out of a dope rear end story

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Yo, Utz dark russet kettles are king of chips.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

In light of the absolutely perfect jump scare at the end of Friday the 13th, I can absolutely see why the sequels went with the supernatural hook instead of continuing the bargain basement "Italian Hitchcock knockoff" vibe they had going with the original

By "Italian Hitchcock" I believe you just mean Mario Bava because it's a Bay of Blood cover song.

Up until I met Ladyfont I never had any desire to see any of the Nic Cage action trilogy but she has forced them on me. Face//Off was fine but goddamn The Rock is an all-time great action flick. She insists Con Air is the best but I imagine it's gonna fall somewhere between?

Also, I know you guys keep talking about The Box as a short in this anthology but they totally made a full movie out of that a few years back. Is it the same short story with the button by Matheson?

weekly font fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 22, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I could've sworn there was a Split thread but now I can find it. In any case fans of Split and MMA will probably enjoy the gameday thread for the most recent UFC event

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Salt and vinegar can go to hell.
Time to die, heathen.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

weekly font posted:

By "Italian Hitchcock" I believe you just mean Mario Bava because it's a Bay of Blood cover song.

Up until I met Ladyfont I never had any desire to see any of the Nic Cage action trilogy but she has forced them on me. Face//Off was fine but goddamn The Rock is an all-time great action flick. She insists Con Air is the best but I imagine it's gonna fall somewhere between?

Also, I know you guys keep talking about The Box as a short in this anthology but they totally made a full movie out of that a few years back. Is it the same short story with the button by Matheson?

no

it's a short story by jack ketchum

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

weekly font posted:

Face/Off is insanely good you're crazy

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

no

it's a short story by jack ketchum

Ah, gotcha.

DeimosRising posted:

Face/Off is insanely good you're crazy

Get the gently caress outta here with magnet space prison. Otherwise, it's mid tier John Woo which is still pretty good, just not great.

*sexually eats a peach at you*

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Button, Button by Tim Matheson sounds like an older story I remember reading in high school or something, and it has bothered me ever since The Box that I can't remember.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

weekly font posted:

Ah, gotcha.

Get the gently caress outta here with magnet space prison. Otherwise, it's mid tier John Woo which is still pretty good, just not great.

*sexually eats a peach at you*

CIA blacksite oil derrick just establishes that the movie is set next week

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
If I ever become a musician I'm gonna make an album that has jump scares in it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Policy is strange. If you order the Shawarma platter they do not put anything on it (pickles, turnips, lettuce, tahini, eggplant) just chicken rice and a little bit of garlic and hummus. When you ask for any of that, they get indignant and refuse. So yea, rap time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Magic Hate Ball posted:

so what like a fuckin chill acoustic album that suddenly has a piercing shriek in the mix

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Face/Off rules, there's nothing not awesome about Nicholas Cage and John Travolta both in their full-cornball period spending an entire movie imitating each other while John Woo just casually out-Michael Bays Michael Bay in the action directing.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The best jump scare is that loving bird in Citizen Kane.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so what like a fuckin chill acoustic album that suddenly has a piercing shriek in the mix

two minutes of low-key gothic indie followed by a penderecki remix

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Robot posted:

I love it, it's so gratuitous.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

John Zorn beat you to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xC0ZvuEuMg

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I was gonna say Delirium Cordia by Fantomas so...same I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

agree

• Locked thread