Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
New Ossiarch warband leader looks... really good.

And the fish elves have a horrible flying fish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

gently caress me that's a great model

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I hope the warband is heavy on the critters, like Mollog's Mob.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

This season's warbands have been really great so far. I like the Slaaneshi and the Lumineth, and the Chaos Warriors and Vampires are both great. Lizards have never been my thing, but even the Orks have been pretty cool. Goes to show what they can do when they don't waste a slot on Stormcast, haha.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why does he have a forearm skull?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

goatface posted:

Why wouldn't he have a forearm skull? :colbert:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I just don't see a benefit to it.

Unless he wants to smoke crack but really likes the heroin needle aesthetic.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

goatface posted:

ossiarchs are golems made from knit-together bones and animated by death magic

i guess it's to make him look a bit less like a large skeleton of some weird humanoid creature

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

This is really great looking. It has exactly as much detail as I would want on a character without being too visually busy. This should be the gold standard going forward.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Yo i hate Ossiarch Boneboys but that model is rad as heck

Ill give them their due, the Underworlds stuff hits a home run 9 out of 10 times

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I like the irony of a bonerboy wearing skin as clothes

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 19, 2021

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I also hate Ossiarchs, but I'm excited to see the whole warband on Saturday.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

goatface posted:

I just don't see a benefit to it.

You're questioning Warhammer design aesthetics from a benefit angle? These guys have skulls on their skulls and fractals of spikes into infinity.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I love the Lumineth sculpts in a lot of ways but if I ever get a warband of them I'm going to have to clip off some bits of their helmets, they're just TOO ridiculous :haw:

That Ossiarch rules.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
Do the Sepulchral Guard have any use in any of the games like Warcry? I picked them up cause I liked the models but I don't really want to commit to an entire AoS army. A warband of skellies does sound fun though.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Baumann posted:

Do the Sepulchral Guard have any use in any of the games like Warcry? I picked them up cause I liked the models but I don't really want to commit to an entire AoS army. A warband of skellies does sound fun though.

Legions of Nagash / Death Alliance. They don't run as a dedicated group, like they would in AoS.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Will they ever reprint old warbands like Mollog? Maybe they can remove the universals or something. I don't want to pay 2x MSRP on old warbands on ebay.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rusty Kettle posted:

Will they ever reprint old warbands like Mollog? Maybe they can remove the universals or something. I don't want to pay 2x MSRP on old warbands on ebay.

Do you mean the cards? Because you can still buy the mini's direct from GW

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

working mom posted:

Do you mean the cards? Because you can still buy the mini's direct from GW

Yeah. I could proxy them I guess. It would be great to have a reprint that rebalances as well.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

OBR warband, Kainan's Reapers

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like the leader, as soon as you make the models chonky I hate them

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I agree. I hated the look of the previous Ossiarch releases but saw the leader and thought I might like this warband.

Nope, the rest of them still look like Kinder Surprise toys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Winklebottom posted:

OBR warband, Kainan's Reapers

They own bones. :cheeky:

This is the opposite of the Lumineth, where I wish more of them had helmets. The Ossiarch helmets are pretty cool. Spear guy there has a cool helm.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

drat, that leader is enormous. They put the cards for the Seraphon warband up on warcom yesterday, the Saurus looks like he's going to be a real pain in my rear end.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I wish OBR were more insectoid in general, like Kainan there, or the Mortek Crawler. Would fit with the exoskeleton/carapace thing they have going.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

MeinPanzer posted:

I agree. I hated the look of the previous Ossiarch releases but saw the leader and thought I might like this warband.

Nope, the rest of them still look like Kinder Surprise toys.

Moola posted:

I like the leader, as soon as you make the models chonky I hate them

Seconded. The skeletal vibe does not combine well with the thick proportions. Looks dumb as hell.

OTOH, new Necromunda Redemptionists look cool! Wonder how they will interface with Cawdor and whether we'll get any other Cawdor champions/prospects (I predict not).

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I really like the redemtionists, except the clown-like haircuts some of them have.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well they are not Skeletons they are Bone Golems. So it makes not sense for them to be thin. Anyway I like them. The Leader particularly.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
What’s a good way to start with underworlds if you don’t like the starter sets?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the fart question posted:

What’s a good way to start with underworlds if you don’t like the starter sets?
Get a dice set, the Arena Mortis set, or another set that comes with a board, and a warband box, then proxy all tokens. You can't play in "real" tournaments like this, and the full rulebook isn't available online.

Or get a starter set, and sell the warbands.

Edit: There's isn't really a good way to do it without a starter set.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Is Direchasm "the" starter right now? I don't know how seasons and stuff work, so are the other starters considered "outdated" now?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Is Direchasm "the" starter right now? I don't know how seasons and stuff work, so are the other starters considered "outdated" now?
Yeah, the old starter goes oop when the new one shows up. The warbands, most boards, most tokens, and any reprinted universal card can still be used in official tournaments. Outside of tournaments you can obviously do what you want.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

There's two active sets of universal cards per season. The latest (Direchasm) and the one that came just previous (Beastgrave). When the next season starts with a new starter set, Beastgrave will rotate out, and so forth.

The current outdated sets are Shadespire and Nightvault. The universal cards belonging to the sets can no longer be used in tournament settings, but the warbands and their specific cards are still valid.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Winklebottom posted:

There's two active sets of universal cards per season. The latest (Direchasm) and the one that came just previous (Beastgrave). When the next season starts with a new starter set, Beastgrave will rotate out, and so forth.

The current outdated sets are Shadespire and Nightvault. The universal cards belonging to the sets can no longer be used in tournament settings, but the warbands and their specific cards are still valid.

Got it, so if I got Direchasm now I'd be good until... Two starters from now. Sweet.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

There's also going to be a cheaper (I think) starter coming at some point, as previewed last month.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

There's also going to be a cheaper (I think) starter coming at some point, as previewed last month.

Just bear in mind that if it is like the previous Dreadfane starter, it probably won't have universal cards, and you won't be able to use the board in a standard WHU game. It will be great for learning or a casual game without having to deck build, but it's not a full fledged starter.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

Just bear in mind that if it is like the previous Dreadfane starter, it probably won't have universal cards, and you won't be able to use the board in a standard WHU game. It will be great for learning or a casual game without having to deck build, but it's not a full fledged starter.
It might not mean much, because Games Workshop, but they're playing on the old Shadespire boards in the preview.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Electric Hobo posted:

It might not mean much, because Games Workshop, but they're playing on the old Shadespire boards in the preview.

I stand corrected.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I decided to pick up Adeptus Titanicus on the weekend (because its probably the only way I'll get actually get a titan). Is there anything I should watch out for before assembling the units, and are the expansion books worth picking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Randalor posted:

I decided to pick up Adeptus Titanicus on the weekend (because its probably the only way I'll get actually get a titan). Is there anything I should watch out for before assembling the units, and are the expansion books worth picking up?

Rules-as-written, Adeptus Titanicus is as WYSIWYG for building as 40K proper, and a lot of people magnetize their titans' weapons as a result.

The expansions are just more stuff. See if you like the game first.