Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've done everything but the squad battle because I cannot bring myself to unlock it. The CCF are probably more important to me than the mega ticket anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I forget. Does the Mega T2 take anyone from anywhere to T2 or do they already need to be 6* or something?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only characters i don't have at T2 are all premium characters, and mega tickets never work on those. Well, also Quire, who i would be able to take to t2 if i had one more day to get xgenes from the pre House of M event. I really wish they'd make those available to collect or buy. Stick them in the guild shop, make then expensive but what's the point of making non premium mutants when you can't get Xgenes?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The current Mega T2 I have in my inventory can work on all the premium characters I have, but only the ones I have at 6 stars. Nick Fury, Gambit, Enchantress, Arachknight, Iceman, etc. But my Mr. Sinister and Rescue are at 4* and it won't work on them.

You can get Quire X-Genes from the Lab. Its slow but its possible and its how I was working him up to T2 before the House of X event. You can also get most of the premium mutants from the Danger Room daily and week rewards. Its random and slow but its the best path available. My basic approach is to get 1 W a day to get the daily X-Genes and doing that I can work myself to Platinum/Vibranium and hope I get a big windfall of useful X-Genes from the weekly/monthly drops. And there's Dimension Missions but those drop like almost never.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 28, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I blue all my GUKs in the lab to get xgenes and i spent nearly 50k and got 4 Quire genes. That is not worth it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its slow but like I have nothing else to use my lab material on. I basically wait for the antimatter thing to cap out and then I use it all on bios/x-genes. That's how I got Nova and Anti-Man to T2... slowly.

I actually have no idea what I'm gonna do with the anti-matter now that I have Quire at T2. Cards or Uru I guess?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The only characters i don't have at T2 are all premium characters, and mega tickets never work on those.

mega tickets work on them, thats why theyre so valuable

Steve Vader posted:

I forget. Does the Mega T2 take anyone from anywhere to T2 or do they already need to be 6* or something?

6*

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So my options will be:

Mr Sinister
Ghost Panther
Weapon Hex
Nick Fury
Crescent
Quasar
Arachknight
Nova
AntiMan
Blue Marvel
Blue Dragon
Iceman
Sabertooth

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ghost panther, nick fury, or save it imo

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 29, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghost Panther has a really good T2 ally buff that's very useful for like World Boss or Giant Boss Raid. I team him and Ancient One leadership with Jean Grey to go on killing sprees. So he's not a terrible pick. And he's pretty solid on his own for like upper level Shadowland.

Nick Fury's got a T2 buff too and is supposed to be real strong. He was on my short list of people to use the last mega T2 on but I'm still holding onto it.

Crescent goes to T3 so she could be turned into a big gun, I think. But I don't have her T3ed so I'm not sure how strong she is.

Blue Dragon is pretty good but you could grab her bios for crystals.

I have Nova, AntiMan, and Blue Marvel at T2 and they're all fine but I wouldn't use a ticket on them. I have Sabertooth too and he's pretty strong and is supposed to be top tier with hsi costume, but I dunno.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're advertising a surprise costume and T3 for Scarlet Witch tomorrow.

Tomorrow is April 1st.

That could be the gag since the Witch is all "chaos" and all. But I always get wary of everything online this time of year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope its real. I already have her gear at +25.

God drat Danger Room still sucks, it also doesn't help that I am pretty sure people are cheating. I keep seeing opponents using multiple skills during battles. Like Bucky should not be using Berserk, Sentry Gun and Fire Rockets all within the same battle. It doesn't help Stryfe become untargetable multiple times during it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I'm like 2-10 this week. Its exhausting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

I think I'm like 2-10 this week. Its exhausting.

I realized that Sharon Rogers pretty much guarantee's a win. I've literally had battles where my team is has 80% and the other team has already won.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's definitely the key and its one of those weeks where one character just does ALL the damage and no one else can do jack poo poo. But then I just get crazy stressed if I'm Sharon and I'm scared my T3 skill will get blocked by Stryfe and screw us all.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The gold thing in DR I think is supposed to fire a random special power if you grab it. That may explain multiple powers?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think there's something like that. I definitely vaguely recall some "random skill" note when they reworked it.

edit: Yeah.

quote:

- A new kind of Skill Energy has been added.

▶ Blue Skill Energy: The gauge is charged to use a dedicated skill.

▶ Gold Skill Energy: When acquired, one Exclusive Skill will be invoked at random.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 31, 2020

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
I just came back after like 200 days and have a 6* selector to use. I figure I'll use it on one of the new characters I don't have. Any of these worth 6*:

Viper
Taskmaster
Shadow Shell
War Tiger
Gorilla Man
Sword Master
Doctor Voodoo

Also I have the materials to T-3 either Wolverine or Spiderman+Captain America. Should I go for quantity over quality or save my cube fragments and T3 someone else? I'm working on Jean Grey right now but she's only 66.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shadow Shell and Doctor Voodoo are the best, I think, but neither is a game breaker. I think Shell is "premium" though? So she might be worth a ticket. Not sure.

Cap is a better T3 value than Wolvie and arguably a better T3 depending on costumes. I'd go with him and then work on someone tougher like Jean. Spidey is kind of useless.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Shadow Shell and Doctor Voodoo are the best, I think, but neither is a game breaker. I think Shell is "premium" though? So she might be worth a ticket. Not sure.

shell's the opposite of premium, you get a few hundred of her bios for free from the shield missions.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

punchymcpunch posted:

shell's the opposite of premium, you get a few hundred of her bios for free from the shield missions.

You in fact get enough to 6* her. I used my ticket on Dr. Voodoo since it was a toss-up between him and Gorilla Man and the animal characters always suck.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
So I just started and applied to Marble Hedrons in game name is DrashinSA. Can anyone approve my invite?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Drashin posted:

So I just started and applied to Marble Hedrons in game name is DrashinSA. Can anyone approve my invite?

done

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

punchymcpunch posted:

Whoops, sorry about that. I knew there was something weird about her bios but I couldn't remember what and apparently went the completely wrong way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought the Mystique pack because I had the crystals for it and I hear she's really good?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I hear the same thing. But I'm saving crystals for Prof X first.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Already have him, just need to remember to do danger rooms to get him to t2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got kinda tired of spending all my crystals on the Danger Room packs so I decided to just hope I get lucky and get some Professor X genes at random from the Danger Room.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Good luck. I've gotten maybe 1 or 2 batches of Kid Omega bios from DR since he launched.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The t3 selected they're giving us, is that just going to be for characters you can normally use selectors on?

That's what I'm assuming it will be for, so I'm going to end up with a T3 Iron Man.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The t3 selected they're giving us, is that just going to be for characters you can normally use selectors on?

That's what I'm assuming it will be for, so I'm going to end up with a T3 Iron Man.

its all the farmable normal cost ones, the announcement had a list of all the elligibles. theres 10 ish

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Assuming Wanda, Apocalypse, Thanos, Strange, and Crescent aren't eligible I think all I have left is Winter Soldier. Yay?

Hey, at least that red dot will disappear when I'm saving for someone better.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im gonna have to use it on can't man lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Of the choices, the ones I do not have at t3 are Iron Man, Thor, Winter Soldier and Black Panther. I guess I'll be doing Winter Soldier. Shouldn't have been so quick to t3 Cyclops.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

My choices are Iron Man, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and Bucky.

Technically I could pick Sharon Rogers or Carol Danvers as well, but they are both ready to go and only need enough CCF to get there - and a few books for Sharon, too.

I'm leaning Tony Stank. Or maybe Bucky in anticipation of a new TV uniform. Or maybe Ant-Man because I'm never actually going to spend time and resources to get him there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would probably do Sharon or Carol anyway. You're still saving all those CCF. Its not as much of a value as if you have to work someone up to 70/4/25 but you're also not really getting a big player with any of those options.

Except maybe Bucky. I have no idea what his deal is. Andyeah, he'll probably get a costume when the show comes.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Are there any prerequisites for this T3 like a login event or anything? Because I just came back a week or two ago and will not complete the current ones.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

MonkeyBot posted:

Are there any prerequisites for this T3 like a login event or anything? Because I just came back a week or two ago and will not complete the current ones.

This batch of rewards is in your inbox, notice tab, tagged as event, from the admins to be claimed daily one at a time. You have to log in on the day between 8am PDT and 7:59am PDT the next day. If you miss a day you are out of luck but can still get the rest on their days. Per this official post the T3 selector should be on Weds April 29th as the final reward.

I'm going to use mine on Thor I think.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

bagrada posted:

This batch of rewards is in your inbox, notice tab, tagged as event, from the admins to be claimed daily one at a time. You have to log in on the day between 8am PDT and 7:59am PDT the next day. If you miss a day you are out of luck but can still get the rest on their days. Per this official post the T3 selector should be on Weds April 29th as the final reward.

I'm going to use mine on Thor I think.

Yay! Now to figure out which one to pick. I have time to decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Black Widow movie update seems like part of this upcoming update so maybe she gets the T3 and becomes another option for the selector.

Also probably means new costumes for her and Taskmaster and maybe we get Red Guardian and Florence Pugh Widow.

You know what I’d like? That Black Widow from the Peggy Carter show. And Peggy Carter.