Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chalks posted:

Pack it up guys, this man clearly has a history of criticising the game and therefore must be fundamentally incapable of seeing the truth of the vision.

Wanted to send you something in a PM...but alas blocked. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wanted to send you something in a PM...but alas blocked. :(

I am not a member of the platinum having 1% on here unfortunately :) You can send me a message on reddit though because irony.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Guys....

Someone new at my office has a name that sounds suspiciously close to childankli

I'm saying it a lot under my breath.

I'm worried I'll say it to him.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

hanales posted:

Guys....

Someone new at my office has a name that sounds suspiciously close to childankli

is he a furry

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bjorn: "Im no cheerleader" posted:

I wont deny that they havent met many of their goals and sure the articles had quotes in it that strictly were not wrong. As for expectations I personally see this game churning out an appropriate amount of content (whether we see it in updates or not), and no crying was done on my end, simply corrections from your biased sources of information. As for the company being profoundly off the rails, I would go as far as saying its more on rails than most other large companies these days.
I'm no game developer but can you honestly tell me that you expected a game of this scale to have been fully finished and polished in two years? Hell, looking at even the new elder scrolls having an estimated release of 2019, thats 8 years after the release of skyrim with an established and massively funded company. Do you see anyone complaining about this? I think the only mistake CIG has made is actually sharing their development with its backers, which for the first year or so was used to improve the game and get our opinions, but now all the company gets is "we deserve this, we paid for this, youre not giving us what we want".

Like I said previously, compared to other unfinished games that get pushed out the door due to publisher deadlines, I would much rather the delays and get a complete game in the end.

To address your concerns (simply because of others who might read this), sure they changed a few things like the singleplayer campaign being only co-op on some missions, due to the campaign being extremely story driven, (I for one would rather a rich story than the ability to play through with a friend at all times), and if you really wanted to play multi then thats what we get from the MMO no? No one complains about game changes when its something they like, as in the new procedurally generated planets instead of cinematic planetary cuts, why dont you complain and ask for a refund for that design change huh? This isnt what they promised us right? I deserve my cinematic. The game is dynamically changing because of what the majority seem to want and you cant have everything, certain sacrifices need to be made.

One thing people need to understand that even if its crowd funded, you arent entitled to anything. You donated money as support, and will receive a consumer end product when the time comes. If its not exactly to your standards or what you wanted, why dont you start up a company and make your own game? Thats what Chris did and I'm supporting his visions. Personally I think the company should stop taking input from self entitled kids like you and just spend all their focus on creating the game they have right now.

As for the private servers, do you really think theyre going to spend time and money on something like this when theyre already under enough flak for not having the core game up to the supposed "standard" its supposed to be at? Also all modding tools are provided free as stated on the stretch goals. (see 4 million)

Dont quote me on this but I did some follow up reading and it seems the whole deal with Star marine is the fact that Illfonic (an external developer) seems to not have been able to complete the contract on their end, and CIG just had to take it up themselves but didnt have the resources to spare to work on it at the same pace Illfonic was, and thus the current hiatus. Would you not also be annoyed when people keep complaining about every single thing youre doing and just wont listen even when responses to the situation are being given?

As for the ships, once again your self entitlement knows no bounds, they are focusing on developing the content that they need for the SQ42 campaign so they can get it done and dusted as soon as possible. While were at it why dont they spend huge time and resources on getting the fourth alien race fully fleshed out huh? Its not like they have enough on their plate right? My entitlement says I need every aspect of the game done at my beck and call right? I put in my $30 right? Why dont you go work for an hour or two and get your $30 back and be done with it? And those “nonsense” features? Are you trying to make a joke? People did a MAJORITY VOTE and this came out to be on top. Seriously if you want a game that’s tailored to yourself why don’t you go do your own kickstarter?

For the rest of your ramble about basic game features and such, once again who said they need to have everything completed in the order you want it to be? What if development had been reversed and they spent time completing game mechanics but no ships had been designed or no squadron 42? People would be complaining all the same. The game is in a state where they arent focusing on us getting our trade and cargo, they're focusing on finishing the singleplayer campaign which was their ORIGINAL plan. Aswell as the usual that people don’t get, its an alpha to test certain mechanics as they need tested, its NOT a full game for you to be enjoying right now.

Since you like to mention stretch goals and what we all so kindly deserve, these actors (and the mocap that you "didnt pledge for") that Chris was "gallivanting" about to get done, was a stretch goal we voted for no? (check 5 million) Why do you complain about certain things being changed from what they were and others being done as promised? Can you be any more self indulged and inconsistent?

Again Squadron 42 was intended for a REALLY long time to be cut into a three part series, nothing new, stop bringing up random things to add to your self gratified rant. Maybe if we had less people like SavageHenry complaining about everything they can get their hands on, the developers could actually get the things done that they have planned.
Im no cheerleader, merely just correcting personal opinions to facts. I wont be screenshotting anything since I couldn’t care less what you think (in fact I hope you forget about star citizen since the community could do without people like you), however I will be enjoying a fully finished game when the time comes, hopefully without people like you.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/comments

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

hanales posted:

Guys....

Just call him 'fucktard' from now on. That is not even close to childankli. Problem solved. You are welcome.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

Guys....

does he party?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I used to say "if these guys hit even 10% of their goals this is going to be the best game ever"

I still think that. Unfortunately, it looks like they won't hit any at this rate.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Chalks posted:

I am not a member of the platinum having 1% on here unfortunately :) You can send me a message on reddit though because irony.

If there is one thing about this thread that made me feel better about myself is I'm not the only idiot on earth that can't navigate the reddit shithole. I thought it was only me.

Anyways, sent you a message on there.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Must of been a DDOS attack on SA by Star Shitizens.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

It's tough to maintain those kinds of attacks with their otherwise busy schedule of sending dick pics to women, reporting imgur gifs, sending death threats to gaming media, and harrassing cancer patients.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Ezekeel posted:

Well done, commando.

Now all we need is to get D to the Shizzle to rap that and upload it to youtube. I know he said he cannot sing but this is rapping and he has them negro genes.

I see Derek brought some good friends from Vox Day's blog

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

We should pay more attention to the fact that the people who funded the Star Citizen kickstarter have been ignored for three years.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

It's tough to maintain those kinds of attacks with their otherwise busy schedule of sending dick pics to women, reporting imgur gifs, sending death threats to gaming media, and harrassing cancer patients.

Nah, with the DDOS module on the Endeavor...those are merely check boxes on how they want to spread NPC bots around within the verse.

Fortunately they clipped out of the verse and this fine place is functional once again.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Truga posted:

I used to say "if these guys hit even 10% of their goals this is going to be the best game ever"

I still think that. Unfortunately, it looks like they won't hit any at this rate.

They've met their goal and actually got about $100 million more than that

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

you forgot to mention playing the game :confused:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Hav posted:

Hottub is suffering from some confusing feelings around Ben. It's a bit much to try and close an entire thread over, but he should know that this is a safe place and we're here for him.

after him mocking and calling people who paid $125+ of a ship dinks. Ben can go to hell. He is a sycophant who is in dire need of the true stimpire.
Any respect I had for him is long gone now.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

I was getting ready to send Dolvak a message asking for terms.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd put money on it not being a Star Citizen, but it'd be pretty funny if it was.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/702913590827716608

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP posted:

We should pay more attention to the fact that the people who funded the Star Citizen kickstarter have been ignored for three years.

By we, do you mean SA or a broader we? The Kickstarter comments are basically opposite land and that post I posted is in the minority. Most of the commenters are trying to get refunds but are having trouble. I suppose it's kind of a vision of the future.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/47jtb4/sabre_not_a_stealth_ship/

«Yeah, you thought you were buying a stealth ship and it kind of is but not really, what you really want is to buy one of these other ships we will be selling soon.»

Anyone that gives Ben a pass because he's fat is an idiot.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

one of my cats. The bully.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 25, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/47jtb4/sabre_not_a_stealth_ship/

«Yeah, you thought you were buying a stealth ship and it kind of is but not really, what you really want is to buy one of these other ships we will be selling soon.»

Anyone that gives Ben a pass because he's fat is an idiot.

F117

Stealth Fighter.

Choose one.

Dumb people selling things to dumb people.

Can't wait till CIG starts drawing more parallels to pop-culture favorite airplanes to elicit emotion to cause a purchase. Buy the new 1000 dollar super missile attack ship, its just like the SR-71! Except its nothing like the SR-71! We're just bullshitting to get you to buy stuff!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

intardnation posted:

after him mocking and calling people who paid $125+ of a ship dinks. Ben can go to hell. He is a sycophant who is in dire need of the true stimpire.
Any respect I had for him is long gone now.

While I agree with you, I'm going to offer a different narrative. Comments such as those he made are shall we say below the line.

He is forced to make these declarations to hang onto his livelihood. What are his alternatives? What company that offers insurance would hire him? In short, he realizes this job is a paying job...the other alternative is disability. He is a witty guy and I assume knows his options. That's why he is the corporate shill and spews things to hang onto something that makes him feel worthy of something. I'd do it too.

Doesn't excuse his behavior though. And there are another myriad of details factored into this. But the sad facts remain, he is not employable based on size. A few years ago he could have got by.

In other words, this is all he has and he strikes out.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Colostomy Bag posted:

While I agree with you, I'm going to offer a different narrative. Comments such as those he made are shall we say below the line.

He is forced to make these declarations to hang onto his livelihood. What are his alternatives? What company that offers insurance would hire him? In short, he realizes this job is a paying job...the other alternative is disability. He is a witty guy and I assume knows his options. That's why he is the corporate shill and spews things to hang onto something that makes him feel worthy of something. I'd do it too.

Doesn't excuse his behavior though. And there are another myriad of details factored into this. But the sad facts remain, he is not employable based on size. A few years ago he could have got by.

I get that. I do. I just place a higher price on my integrity then he does. I hold that as a prize possession. To live and die by my word.
I guess I am naive then.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

my other kitty! He was abused as a kitten and hasnt been right since.
My brother got him and he couldnt deal with it, then my mother, and I am his last.
He had an issue with getting nervous and never being seen (not allowing people to touch him/pet), as well as peeing outside the littler box (hence the pads you see). Thankfully with me I am able to actually pet is belly and with a proper diet - diabetic cat food he has stopped peeing and has become a normal cat. Well as normal as he could be.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd put money on it not being a Star Citizen, but it'd be pretty funny if it was.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/702913590827716608

lmao, I called it.

wesha probably employed a botnet.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
S'up?
you crazy cats are causing a shitstorm over at HQ

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EightAce posted:

S'up?

Ooooh!!!

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Phi230 posted:

F117

Stealth Fighter.

Choose one.

Dumb people selling things to dumb people.

Can't wait till CIG starts drawing more parallels to pop-culture favorite airplanes to elicit emotion to cause a purchase. Buy the new 1000 dollar super missile attack ship, its just like the SR-71! Except its nothing like the SR-71! We're just bullshitting to get you to buy stuff!

I thought the Nighthawk was the stealth fighter...

But I googled it an it's ground attack. Learn something new every day.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

My catte, who has finally gotten over me "abandoning" her with my roommate for 12 days while I was away in Sweden:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EightAce posted:

S'up?
In general or because of the "banned because of PM" debacle?

Or because the paywall is back up?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 8, 2016

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dude is a fat piece of poo poo that's actively assisting his employer in ripping people off. gently caress him.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

xanif posted:

I thought the Nighthawk was the stealth fighter...

But I googled it an it's ground attack. Learn something new every day.
The Air Force absolutely hates pure attack aircraft. If it doesn't have an F or a B in front of its name, it can gently caress off as far as they're concerned. That's why they hate the A-10 so, so much and just had to call the Nighthawk a fighter.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

EightAce posted:

Mr Lesnick is most definitely feeling the wrath of Khan .... ouch

Stimperor upset? go oooooonnnnnnnn please!
Nice to see you are still in one piece!

intardnation fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 25, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

EightAce posted:

S'up?

Oh? What in particular is causing a shitstorm?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

EightAce posted:

S'up?

Glad you are still alive & peeking your head out of your bunker.

Stay safe, developer ghost.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EightAce posted:

Mr Lesnick is most definitely feeling the wrath of Khan .... ouch

Welcome back developer ghost.

Guessing it's another Sandi does hosed up thing then Sandi blames person nearest person for her gently caress up. Like the beer emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

runsamok posted:

My catte, who has finally gotten over me "abandoning" her with my roommate for 12 days while I was away in Sweden:

adorable

• Locked thread