Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganon
May 24, 2003

DropShadow posted:

Very nice, that and Volcano Red are the best colors for the B8.5. I'm about to trade my 2011 S4, but will definitely miss its power.

Already? Haven't you only had it for like 4 months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

AdmiralViscen posted:

The car handles pretty well, much better than stereotypical Crown Vics or base models. I find the steering feel a refreshing change of pace.

No rattles in my car, and the interior is oxblood :)

edit - before I get a flood of bashing, the pic is old. I swapped the dash panel out to get rid of the hideous Chevy logo glued on and I bought new floormats and headliner.

Last on the list is a replacement radio, I'd really like to find one of those original factory look ones that have AUX/USB inputs grafted into them but I have had difficulty finding one for my year. I can only find older model year ones or El Caminos and stuff, which are not identical. I have an original radio and a bluetooth speaker with an FM transmitter in the meantime. Does anyone know of a good place to find factory reproduction radios with 3.5mm input jacks?

This is all I can think of when I see Monte Carlos of that vintage. I think this is some of the best shooting of a car I've seen in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYBzlTqIHY

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Ganon posted:

Already? Haven't you only had it for like 4 months?

Yep, 4 1/2 months. I'm replacing it with another wagon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DropShadow posted:

Yep, 4 1/2 months. I'm replacing it with another wagon.

You're a good boy.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

You're a good boy.

I'll start a thread when the new one arrives (if anybody cares). It's been interesting to see people's reactions when I tell them I'm getting rid of the S4 because I realized that I wasn't completely in love with it. Some are actually offended at the notion that I'd want to drive something that makes me happy instead of them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DropShadow posted:

I'll start a thread when the new one arrives (if anybody cares). It's been interesting to see people's reactions when I tell them I'm getting rid of the S4 because I realized that I wasn't completely in love with it. Some are actually offended at the notion that I'd want to drive something that makes me happy instead of them.

I feel ya. I drive a yellow turbo Neon and love it as much as everyone else hates it. :toot:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Das Volk posted:

This is all I can think of when I see Monte Carlos of that vintage. I think this is some of the best shooting of a car I've seen in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYBzlTqIHY

I didn't know you like to get wet.

When I see a 3rd gen Monte I automatically think of that movie too. My neighbor used to have a pearl green one in fairly really good condition.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DropShadow posted:

Of course you should start a thread!

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

DropShadow posted:

I test drove an S4 and felt the same way. Quick. Gorgeous interior. Great shifter. But no soul, no drama. Now the TT-RS on the other hand...

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

travisray2004 posted:

I didn't know you like to get wet.

When I see a 3rd gen Monte I automatically think of that movie too. My neighbor used to have a pearl green one in fairly really good condition.

Mines a fourth gen :eng101:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

I need to take some proper pictures of this thing, I absolutely love it. Especially the seats.

Unreal Fantasy
Oct 18, 2004
here are some better images of audi's estoril blue:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I fuckin love that color. Not enough blue out there.

My 05 ZHP is in mystic blue and I have had many people ask where I got my car painted and then say "thats a stock color? really?"

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Crustashio posted:

I need to take some proper pictures of this thing, I absolutely love it. Especially the seats.

There needs to be a "like" button here, I'd be raping it for your post.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
its likely that I have some mental health problems...

only 64k miles and came with a free CD!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sell it as quickly as you can before you catch whatever the previous owner had.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

toaster_pastry posted:

Obviously the CD matches the car color...it's a sign!

On a serious note - just keep in mind the problems you had earlier (though I would like to see another clownshoe in your garage). This is #3 now?

Neon, 500 and the RS? Or did you trade the RS for the 500? I don't recall offhand.

I worry about you guys... all of you. :ohdear: (wait...maybe I am the one with problems :v:)

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Tusen Takk posted:

Sell it as quickly as you can before you catch whatever the previous owner had.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

toaster_pastry posted:

Oh my god...

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Pack 'n Save has everyday low prices
Just picked this up a few weeks ago and I already added sti splitters and a lip. God help me

5D3_9243 by capacity4action, on Flickr

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
We need video of that Neon. We demand it.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We need video of that Neon. We demand it.

What's this "we" poo poo? Don't speak for me.

toaster pastry please post a video of the neon.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

ssjonizuka posted:

On a serious note - just keep in mind the problems you had earlier (though I would like to see another clownshoe in your garage). This is #3 now?

Neon, 500 and the RS? Or did you trade the RS for the 500? I don't recall offhand.

I did finally sell the RS (and at a substantial loss), so just the Fiat 500 and the neon at the moment.

I've been in a state of constant shuffling with cars for the last ten years. I'm a neurotic perfectionist who loves every car, but hates spending money.

There was no reason to buy the neon other than the fact that I like them, its a rare color, and the price was really low. I actually had it shipped from New Jersey to California, bringing us full circle to the mental health issues. :-)

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Or you're actually a time traveler from 1999.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Duckjob posted:

Just picked this up a few weeks ago and I already added sti splitters and a lip. God help me

5D3_9243 by capacity4action, on Flickr

Please don't put a bunch of obnoxious stupid crap on what was previously a nice looking car.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
New wheels, and a lovely phone picture!

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
I really like your Audi. But if you Google Estoril Blue, most BMWs are a much lighter shade of blue.
Like this:

I just think it's weird that two totally different blues have the same name :P

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nait Sirhc posted:

Please don't put a bunch of obnoxious stupid crap on what was previously a nice looking car.

a small polyurethane replica STi lip someone alert the authorities :eek:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
How the hell do you follow a pink Neon? gently caress.

The Black Churd(tm) is done. $1500 1996 SAAB 900 SE 2.0T. ~125k, autotragic. Hauls rear end, and groceries. Shame about the tranny.

I didn't find any free CDs, but nearly $1 in change, a ton of baby vomit, and a "Love" pennant under the driver seat.. does that work?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Nait Sirhc posted:

OOPS, new rimzzz

I got some fender work to do, good thing I bought an Eastwood roller too.

Warning possible :siren:HF IMAGE:siren:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wow that's a ban. Where are your trigger warnings, fuckshit.

(Awesome!)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

toaster_pastry posted:

and the price was really low. I actually had it shipped from New Jersey to California
That low, hunh.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Viggen posted:

How the hell do you follow a pink Neon?

Hey, its Magenta. :argh:

kimbo305 posted:

That low, hunh.

Yeah. I got the neon for $1,125. Not bad considering the low mileage. Shipping ($1,201) was more than the cost of the car.

I think this is my seventh neon. They're fun cars and surprisingly good on track. I raced a neon acr in SCCA and it rubbed doors with spec miatas quite wonderfully.

toaster_pastry fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 19, 2012

telarium4
Jul 23, 2010

DropShadow posted:

It's interesting that you say that. I have a 2011 S4 - base, with the cold weather package being the only addition. I opted not to get the active differential, pretty much out of ignorance...my problem, yeah.

I came from a 2004 A4, and honestly, I just feel like that A4 had more 'soul' to it than the S4. I was talking with a Saab owner - and she agreed that without windows rolling up and down autonomously - and some other odd quirks that make you name your car 'Anke' or 'Svenja' or something...like a girlfriend/ex-wife that just sucks money from you...your car just doesn't have that personality. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel like the S4 is all business, good or bad.

I also feel like the S4 has a 'cheaper' feel to it than my old A4. Again, nothing that immediately strikes me other than the door handles not being flush with the car itself - and perhaps an interior that isn't quite as...touchy/feely as the old A4. For example, the old A4 had this nice rubberized feel to the buttons on the center console - and the steering wheel felt a bit thicker. (Granted, the rubber over the buttons started to peel away after 6 years...materials science, ftw). The little drawer under the driver and passenger seats in the old A4 was great for storage. And the date along with the time, prominently displayed on the dash without having to travel to a sub-menu! Everything also seemed a bit more 'red' in illumination with the A4. I realize there's an LCD screen in the S4 -- but a nice red and black color arrangement on the LCD would have been nice on the eyes at night. Orange and black isn't terrible, but I feel like the general motif is off.

Just for fun, I went to go test drive a Mini Cooper because, well, my intent was to test drive a BMW -- but I was always intrigued with the Mini - and it was right next door to the BMW dealership. I told the salesmen to pick a "fun one". I think it was the Cooper S, 6 speed manual, $26k sticker. Performance and handling wasn't even half that of my S4. Now, I realize we're talking about a car that's half the price of the S4 -- but I walked away only remembering two things about that car: The visibility when backing up sucked and it had the strangest (but not unpleasant) new car smell I've ever encountered. Just some odd outgassing of materials. Anyway, I still haven't had a test drive of a BMW. I really want to check out the 328i with the twin-scroll turbo...altitude where I'm at gives me a noticeable decrease in power with the supercharger.

I happen to like my LED configuration more than the 'light bars' in the current S4's/A4's, though.

Anyway, less talk, more action.

If anyone could recommend a window tint, I would be grateful.

telarium4 fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 19, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

toaster_pastry posted:

Hey, its Magenta. :argh:

Yeah. I got the neon for $1,125. Not bad considering the low mileage. Shipping ($1,201) was more than the cost of the car.

I think this is my seventh neon. They're fun cars and surprisingly good on track. I raced a neon acr in SCCA and it rubbed doors with spec miatas quite wonderfully.

Holy poo poo, how far did you have this thing shipped?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

bidikyoopi posted:

New wheels, and a lovely phone picture!

A friend of mine used to have an.. 05? Legacy GT. Black just like that one, 5 speed. I got to drive it a handful of times, it was a hell of a lot of fun.. and comfortable.

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, how far did you have this thing shipped?

toaster_pastry posted:

I actually had it shipped from New Jersey to California

I'm.. at a loss for words on this myself. Can't say I've kept up with his blog in awhile though.

An old roommate bought a Neon ACR (brand new) and loved autocrossing in it, but I can't imagine a 15+ year old Neon will still handle that great.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Hermansen posted:

I really like your Audi. But if you Google Estoril Blue, most BMWs are a much lighter shade of blue.
Like this:

I just think it's weird that two totally different blues have the same name :P

I always thought it was funny that BMW and Audi both had a color called "Imola," except the difference is a little more extreme than "Estoril."

BMW's Imola:

Audi's Imola:

telarium4 posted:

It's interesting that you say that. I have a 2011 S4 - base, with the cold weather package being the only addition. I opted not to get the active differential, pretty much out of ignorance...my problem, yeah.

I came from a 2004 A4, and honestly, I just feel like that A4 had more 'soul' to it than the S4. I was talking with a Saab owner - and she agreed that without windows rolling up and down autonomously - and some other odd quirks that make you name your car 'Anke' or 'Svenja' or something...like a girlfriend/ex-wife that just sucks money from you...your car just doesn't have that personality. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel like the S4 is all business, good or bad.

I also feel like the S4 has a 'cheaper' feel to it than my old A4. Again, nothing that immediately strikes me other than the door handles not being flush with the car itself - and perhaps an interior that isn't quite as...touchy/feely as the old A4. For example, the old A4 had this nice rubberized feel to the buttons on the center console - and the steering wheel felt a bit thicker. (Granted, the rubber over the buttons started to peel away after 6 years...materials science, ftw). The little drawer under the driver and passenger seats in the old A4 was great for storage. And the date along with the time, prominently displayed on the dash without having to travel to a sub-menu! Everything also seemed a bit more 'red' in illumination with the A4. I realize there's an LCD screen in the S4 -- but a nice red and black color arrangement on the LCD would have been nice on the eyes at night. Orange and black isn't terrible, but I feel like the general motif is off.

Just for fun, I went to go test drive a Mini Cooper because, well, my intent was to test drive a BMW -- but I was always intrigued with the Mini - and it was right next door to the BMW dealership. I told the salesmen to pick a "fun one". I think it was the Cooper S, 6 speed manual, $26k sticker. Performance and handling wasn't even half that of my S4. Now, I realize we're talking about a car that's half the price of the S4 -- but I walked away only remembering two things about that car: The visibility when backing up sucked and it had the strangest (but not unpleasant) new car smell I've ever encountered. Just some odd outgassing of materials. Anyway, I still haven't had a test drive of a BMW. I really want to check out the 328i with the twin-scroll turbo...altitude where I'm at gives me a noticeable decrease in power with the supercharger.

I happen to like my LED configuration more than the 'light bars' in the current S4's/A4's, though.

If anyone could recommend a window tint, I would be grateful.

I had a B6 A4 and a B7 A4 Avant, and both felt a little higher quality inside than my B8 S4. Audi really lowered the tactile quality of their materials for the B8 platform to save costs. The B8 feels cheap in places that my B6 and B7 didn't, which was a bit of a disappointment. There's too much hard plastic in places that are frequently touched by the driver and passengers, so it's very apparent. The doors of my S4 don't have that satisfying "thunk" when you close them like my A4's did. I'll delve into this deeper when I get the new car (also a B8, but a loaded A4 Avant Prestige), but I have a lot of the same feelings you do about the current Audis.

And I test drove an F30 328i and didn't like it one bit. I just can't find a 3-series that I connect with on a level that I want to, and I've driven plenty. I've got a couple friends putting down well over 400rwhp out of their e90 335i's, which is impressive as hell, but the rest of the car just doesn't do anything for me.

telarium4
Jul 23, 2010
Definitely let me know how that works out for you. When I was car shopping, I had a difficult time deciding between a fully loaded A4, Prestige package and a base S4. I chose the S4 because I was tired of the turbo lag in the A4...

Now I'm wondering if I could get more refinement and amenities (and active differential) from a Presige A4 and if that'll win me over.

I'd also say the S4 is, borrowing a line from Jeremy Clarkson, about as comfortable to drive as falling down a flight of stairs. That's totally what I signed up for with the stiffer suspension - and I suppose it's no Merc -- but some days my lower back isn't thrilled with my choice.

Old B6 A4 interior...I miss it some days:

telarium4 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 19, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

toaster_pastry posted:

I bought a 2000 Audi TT yesterday, came with a four-strip of bubblepacked generic viagra in the ashtray :o:

100k on the clock but been well looked after by the service notes etc; Going to run it for a month or two just to check theres no hidden lemon-ness and them maybe get a wrap put on it, I'm not 100% keen on the silver.

Quick roughup in PS

Satin Black / Red or Black w/ Silver

Nice to have a car with heating, a stereo and seats that adjust after running my bug for the past four years :cool:

While I'm posting - I know window tint in the UK is '70% light transmission for the drivers windows, back and rear windows do whatever you want', what's the law say on mirror tint? The bug had it on the rear windows, is it not legal for the drivers windows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Please put it on bentley wheels so I can live vicariously through you.
Also I think dark brown with a cream roof would be cool.