Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Lex Kramer posted:

Vampires supremacy

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff like vampires weren't horribly bastardized long before zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the population density where i live is so low that if there was a zombie thing most ppl would be fine tbh

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefectural_university

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
{{japan-edu-stub}}

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Teaching_Staff_Examination

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Primarily, "The Schwartz" is a play on "The Force", from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The lightsabers emanating from the Schwartz-rings held in front of the crotch are phallic symbols — a play on the words schwantz/Schwanz, which are Yiddish/German slang for penis,[11] a term used by Brooks previously in the dialogue of his Young Frankenstein horror movie parody. Schwarz (an adjective) is German for "black". However, the German translation turns this into "Der Saft" which means "the juice" in English ("The Force" is translated into German as "Die Macht"). The Light and Dark sides of the Force are parodied by being called the "up side" and the "down side". In the first episode of the animated series, the Dark Side is called "The Schwarz side of the Schwartz". It has also been widely reported that "the Schwartz" is a reference to Mel Brooks' lawyer, Alan U. Schwartz.[12][13][14] Yet another explanation is that it is a reference to FAO Schwarz, which sells lots of movie merchandise.

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CaptainMeatpants posted:

zombie stuff is rly just impotent gbs types that want to feel like a hero

it's the exact same thing as libertarianism. some nerd types think they are inherently better than other people but society and law is whats stopping them "proving" it. it's a nice crutch to handwave away your own inadequacies.

"i'd totally survive a zombie apocalypse" is exactly the same as "i'd be a captain of industry"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Wirth1000 posted:

Primarily, "The Schwartz" is a play on "The Force", from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The lightsabers emanating from the Schwartz-rings held in front of the crotch are phallic symbols — a play on the words schwantz/Schwanz, which are Yiddish/German slang for penis,[11] a term used by Brooks previously in the dialogue of his Young Frankenstein horror movie parody. Schwarz (an adjective) is German for "black". However, the German translation turns this into "Der Saft" which means "the juice" in English ("The Force" is translated into German as "Die Macht"). The Light and Dark sides of the Force are parodied by being called the "up side" and the "down side". In the first episode of the animated series, the Dark Side is called "The Schwarz side of the Schwartz". It has also been widely reported that "the Schwartz" is a reference to Mel Brooks' lawyer, Alan U. Schwartz.[12][13][14] Yet another explanation is that it is a reference to FAO Schwarz, which sells lots of movie merchandise.

this is actually worthwhile information :colbert:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

if there is a zombie apocalypse, the best course of action is to head down to the winchester til it all blows over

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Hashtag Nascar posted:

if there is a zombie apocalypse, the best course of action is to head down to the winchester til it all blows over

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hahahahaha

"...........the winchester?"

SHITSHITSHITSHIT

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i live near a pub called the jester the wifu calls it the winjester because of that movie

wife is a nerd

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cold on a Cob posted:

i live near a pub called the jester the wifu calls it the winjester because of that movie

wife is a nerd

sever

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

yeah right nobody else would put up with my massively spergy tendencies and my massive mass

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

.DAT Azz posted:

"i'd totally survive a zombie apocalypse" is
a way of acting tough in the absolute certainty you'll never have to prove it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

if there is a zombie apocalypse or nuclear war or some contagion-type virus outbreak then i am just going to shoot myself in the face b/c gently caress trying to survive in that world. i get pissed when my cable goes out for more than 20 minutes.

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'd have a crack at it but I'd make sure to carry some morphine autoinjectors around so i can go peacefully when the poo poo hits the fan

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i guess id just search bodies for drugs and then do drugs until i die

much like my life is now but a bit faster

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

haljordan posted:

if there is a zombie apocalypse or nuclear war or some contagion-type virus outbreak then i am just going to shoot myself in the face b/c gently caress trying to survive in that world. i get pissed when my cable goes out for more than 20 minutes.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Zombies are not real
Zombies will never exist

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

GNU Order posted:

Zombies are not real
Zombies will never exist

thats what the cdc wants u to believe

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

thats what the cdc wants u to believe

you are correct the cdc are generally good people who want you to believe true things

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The zombie apocalypse: you might even fight a nigga or two

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
own this on VHS and DVD

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
wikipedia is peak passive aggressive

Chief NYPD spokesperson Paul J. Browne denied that the department used Trapwire,[7] and the company's particular "intelligence for hire" methods have been characterized[by whom?] as being more about sleaze[tone] than surveillance,[8] although Trapwire has also been characterized as being a data-mining company[by whom?].[9] Wikileaks suffered a DDoS attack for days[10][when?] of over 10GB/sec on its main domains,[11][better source needed] with mirrored supporter sites receiving up to 40GB/sec at times[citation needed]. "Trapwire" topped the trending topics on Twitter[when?].[12] The leaked documentation promptly became available via a number of mirror sites and on the anonymity network Tor.[13][better source needed] The story has raised concerns about the surveillance-industrial complex[clarification needed] vis-à-vis civil liberties[according to whom?].[14]

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

The comic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal poses an answer derived from physics to this question.[9][non-primary source needed]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
this one is more of an indictment of biologists than wikipedia itself i guess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organisms_named_after_famous_people

my favorites are the beetle named A. Hitleri and Scaptia beyonceae-- "The horse fly was named after the singer and actress because of its striking golden behind."

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
why is that an indictment? if you have several million things to name, you eventually get a little silly with it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i'm hoping one day to discover a new genus of something that i can name microphallus and then give each species the specific name of one of my friends. microphallus johnsmithi, etc.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

why is that an indictment? if you have several million things to name, you eventually get a little silly with it

Joshua James March 3, 1988 *24*
Jana Marie January 12, 1990 *22*
John-David January 12, 1990 *22*
Jill Michelle May 17, 1991 *20*
Jessa Lauren November 4, 1992 *19*
Jinger Nicole December 21, 1993 *18*
Joseph Garrett January 20, 1995 *17*
Josiah Matthew August 28, 1996 *15*
Joy-Anna October 28, 1997 *14*
Jedidiah Robert December 30, 1998 *13*
Jeremiah Robert December 30, 1998 *13*
Jason Michael April 21, 2000 *12*
James Andrew July 7, 2001 *10*
Justin Samuel November 15, 2002 *9*
Jackson Levi May 23, 2004 *7*
Johannah Faith October, 11 2005 *6*
Jennifer Danielle August, 2 2007 *4*
Jordyn-Grace Makiya December, 18 2008 *3*
Josie Brooklyn December, 10 2009 *2*

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
from right at the top of the list, but lol:

quote:

A. bushi, A. cheneyi, A. rumsfeldi and A. vaderi are species of this genus named after George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Darth Vader respectively, by two former Cornell entomologists, Dr Kelly B. Miller (now at Brigham Young University) and Dr Quentin D. Wheeler (now at Arizona State University). According to Miller and Wheeler, the naming of the beetles (who were three of 65 species to be named) was done in homage to the political figures.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Macrocarpaea dies-viridis - Green Day[2]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Trig Discipline posted:

i get it, but why does it seem to be such a modern fad? 50-100 years from now having (at least) 3 organisms permanently named after stephen colbert might seem a little ridiculous

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
saccharomyces carlsbergensis

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can't you just straight up buy the naming rights for some things now? I think heard that on radiolab

e: wait, mighta been how to do everything

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i get it, but why does it seem to be such a modern fad? 50-100 years from now having (at least) 3 organisms permanently named after stephen colbert might seem a little ridiculous

jeez you try thinking up names now that all the good ones are taken

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
yeah im just waiting for companies to start sponsoring biologists in exchange for naming rights. is there a dinosaur species named turok yet?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Install Gentoo posted:

jeez you try thinking up names now that all the good ones are taken

p much yeah

one of my favorites is the species named enesefae. that looks like latin or gibberish, but if you say it out loud it's NSF-ae. someone suck some funding dick right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yeah im just waiting for companies to start sponsoring biologists in exchange for naming rights. is there a dinosaur species named turok yet?

no, there is rotorus terribilius though