Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

10M still seems like a gently caress ton of money for an option from the bench/cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I read that Benfica signed one of those youngsters that Barcelona paid a bunch of money for 'first dibs' on as part of the Neymar contract.

Signed him on a free.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I read that Benfica signed one of those youngsters that Barcelona paid a bunch of money for 'first dibs' on as part of the Neymar contract.

Signed him on a free.

lol

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think I am going to go volunteer somewhere that doesn't have television till the season is over.

I think they are purposefully destroying the team so the fan's burn the stadium down in anger and then they have their excuse to build a new one.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Oh my god! You might finish third!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I am still trying to come to terms they bought Suarez.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Lladre posted:

He's going to miss 9 league games and 3 CL games and won't be able to even train with the rest of the players until late October so he's going to be really out of it...

I really cannot comprehend why they haven't bought at least one centerback, there has to be at least one good centerback out there in the world that wants to play for Barca.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Shitshow posted:

Oh my god! You might finish third!

They could make better decisions and hire better quality people and I'd prefer they finish 10th than what they're doing now.

They've sadly become a joke of a club.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lladre posted:

My friend started sobbing at her desk when the announcement went out. It is a terrible sign that all of the people who are happy about a signing are not fans of the team.

El Hefe posted:

I really cannot comprehend why they haven't bought at least one centerback, there has to be at least one good centerback out there in the world that wants to play for Barca.

This has becoming the summer anthem. Suarez's transfer fee could've bought two CBs. Next year I'm sure they'll get 2 more midfielders, another striker, and sell Bartra.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Um they can play Suarez as a centre back.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Suqit posted:

They could make better decisions and hire better quality people and I'd prefer they finish 10th than what they're doing now.

They've sadly become a joke of a club.

Mes que un joke

I think it is very telling when Liverpool fans are the happy ones and Barcelona fans are the sad ones. Suarez might score a shitload of goals for you in Spain, but not being the main man in attack will be a change for him and I have no idea what on earth your club is thinking regarding their defence. Maybe it's "We almost won it on the last day last year, so there are no problems to solve".

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

vyelkin posted:

Mes que un joke

I think it is very telling when Liverpool fans are the happy ones and Barcelona fans are the sad ones. Suarez might score a shitload of goals for you in Spain, but not being the main man in attack will be a change for him and I have no idea what on earth your club is thinking regarding their defence. Maybe it's "We almost won it on the last day last year, so there are no problems to solve".

I think its very telling that barca is gay and fail and that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold says so.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

My friend started sobbing at her desk when the announcement went out.

What in God's name. Tell her to get a grip on herself.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
This article sources Mundo Deportivo (Catalan daily) reporting Luis Enrique wants 2 new CBs and identifies Mathieu, Marquinhos, Vertonghen, Hummels, Fazio and Schar as targets. The transfer window is not even two weeks old yet, there is still time for additional signings.

Suarez is a much better player than Sanchez and it makes sense to cash in on Sanchez rather than use such an expensive player from the bench. Spending so much on Bravo with ter Stegen already signed was strange but I don't see problems with their window thus far otherwise.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suarez is a way better player than Sanchez if he was allowed to play as striker but most papers seem to agree that Suarez will play on the right wing where Sanchez was just as good tbh

also James: "Iría al Madrid con los ojos cerrados" mmm

e: loving lmao if this is true http://www.marca.com/2014/07/12/en/football/barcelona/1405160900.html

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
No poo poo Suarez is better than Sanchez but that's hardly the point now, is it?

Also I don't think I've ever seen Mathieu play anything but left wing. CB? :wtc:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Suqit posted:

No poo poo Suarez is better than Sanchez but that's hardly the point now, is it?

Also I don't think I've ever seen Mathieu play anything but left wing. CB? :wtc:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I wrote that Suarez is a better striker than Sanchez but he's not a much better winger than Sanchez. And it's almost certain that Suarez will be played on the right.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
It's where he scored a billion goals for Ajax to be honest and it's not like he's going to be an actual winger. It's a good signing if a hilarious one.

There's little to no difference between Madrid and Barca now though. There's no longer any room at all for the More than a club shite.

Edit: also thanks for Sanchez :3:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Hegay posted:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I wrote that Suarez is a better striker than Sanchez but he's not a much better winger than Sanchez. And it's almost certain that Suarez will be played on the right.

I probably should have quoted Ragle. Either way it's sickening they dropped that much money on a player they didn't need who will bring so much negative attention to the club especially when he's replacing a player that everyone liked for all the right reasons.

That and of course the fact that they are in such dire need of quality CBs. The club is run by retards.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Hegay posted:

Suarez is a way better player than Sanchez if he was allowed to play as striker but most papers seem to agree that Suarez will play on the right wing where Sanchez was just as good tbh

also James: "Iría al Madrid con los ojos cerrados" mmm

e: loving lmao if this is true http://www.marca.com/2014/07/12/en/football/barcelona/1405160900.html

How is that article lmao? If you take €3m you get and use it to cancel debts, its not like you never got the €3m. Same with the salary €5m. All it means is that, as is customary, barca does weird rear end accounting poo poo.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

not not luvd posted:

There's no longer any room at all for the More than a club shite.

It's the kind of drivel that only works on idiot study abroad students and literal children. They're a scum club now and they've been a scum club for just as long as Madrid has. At least Madrid embraced it rather than making any pretense of being anything other than club for the rich and material.

I've never been happier with the state of Barcelona heading into a season. I hope it reaches Brazil versus Germany levels of schadenfreude before Christmas.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

manchego posted:

I've never been happier with the state of Barcelona heading into a season. I hope it reaches Brazil versus Germany levels of schadenfreude before Christmas.

It already reached that level or did you miss the Bayern-Barca CL semifinal?

Barca is just sinking lower than anyone could ever imagine.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

The dreadful depths of 4th...

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

belgend posted:

The dreadful depths of 4th...
Do they get a trophy for this?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm not even talking about league positions or how far we get in the CL or anything, just the club's reputation being tarnished, Barca is no better than RM or Chelsea or ManCity now ethically speaking, "mes que un club" was a little stuck up motto before but now it's just completely retarded.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

It was always dumb because Barcelona has consistently been in the top 20 richest clubs for what, 15 years now? Barcelona have become the establishment a long time ago, this isn't something new. Mes que un club was just there to appease to the socios

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

El Hefe posted:

I'm not even talking about league positions or how far we get in the CL or anything, just the club's reputation being tarnished, Barca is no better than RM or Chelsea or ManCity now ethically speaking, "mes que un club" was a little stuck up motto before but now it's just completely retarded.

Agreed

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Atlético Madrid's striker Adrián, who mostly sat on the bench last season but looked pretty good when he got a chance, is now a Porto player for €11m.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Atletico are gonna have to sign some more strikers then, Villa, Costa and Adrian all out and only Mandzukic in.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Atletico are gonna have to sign some more strikers then, Villa, Costa and Adrian all out and only Mandzukic in.

They did sign that Angel Correa kid from San Lorenzo for like €9m

They're gonna need a whole new team soon anyways. They have no keeper and just about every of their player are rumoured to be off soon

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Are they still trying to sign Keylor Navas?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
e: wrong thread, nothing to see here

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Suqit posted:

When have you ever seen Jeremy Mathieu play left wing?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
It's nice to see that Messi's performances these last few months weren't down to him saving himself for the World Cup...

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
He's just bad now, won't be near the top again. It's over for him, the drugs have taken their toll and he's a mere shadow of what he used to be. You're living in the Ronaldo era.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Tbh I would be worried if I were a Barca fan. He really looks like he needs a lot of rest but he'll get what? 2-3 weeks at most and then he'll have to carry the Barca team again since Suarez won't be able to play until mid October and Neymars injury

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mean Bean Machine posted:

He's just bad now, won't be near the top again. It's over for him, the drugs have taken their toll and he's a mere shadow of what he used to be. You're living in the Ronaldo era.

Who just won the World Cup... oh wait, he went home after the group stages already, lol.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Cristiano has been even worse than Messi these last few months.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Cristiano has been even worse than Messi these last few months.

Yeah and Barcelona isn't run by morons haha nice joke El Hefe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
If Barca wasn't run by retards they'd give Messi vacations until August 13th, just let him rest and get away from football for a month, he's just burned.

• Locked thread