Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Metal gear is like... just simultaneously so stupid but also surprisingly fun and the story is similar, just spectacularly stupid but you can't help but enjoy it when you play the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/cVBezVo.mp4

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Um is that a rooster taking on an eagle? Pretty badass

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I assumed this was a rooster but then I noticed how the rooster A) doesn't have a comb and B) has a bunch of cute little chicks at its feet when you first see it, and it became a lot cooler. gently caress him up, mom, you little badass you

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Chickens occasionally kill people. Don't gently caress with them.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Chicken vs Eagle is the modern day Velociraptor vs T-Rex

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And the humble species of mostly vegetarian velociraptor won the day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The eagle looks very shook at the end.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

By popular demand posted:

And the humble species of mostly vegetarian velociraptor won the day.

That mostly is doing a LOT of heavy lifting.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ultrafilter posted:

Chickens occasionally kill people. Don't gently caress with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT2hx1Czmg4

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

OwlFancier posted:

The eagle looks very shook at the end.

I imagine when you spend your days being king of the sky, getting your rear end beat by some chicken nuggets is an ego breaker.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

dpack_1 posted:

Chicken vs Eagle is the modern day Velociraptor vs T-Rex

:hmmyes: checks out

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

VanSandman posted:

That mostly is doing a LOT of heavy lifting.

Ask the chicken thread in Pet Island - chickens will eat anything they can grab and tear apart into bite-size chunks. Plenty of stories in that thread about things like a mouse infestation ending with the chickens ripping the mice apart and eating them all.

Assorted Gubbins
Oct 28, 2017

Cythereal posted:

Ask the chicken thread in Pet Island - chickens will eat anything they can grab and tear apart into bite-size chunks. Plenty of stories in that thread about things like a mouse infestation ending with the chickens ripping the mice apart and eating them all.

<MP4 of cat looking at a mouse, and then chicken darting right past the cat and eating the mouse>

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Assorted Gubbins posted:

<MP4 of cat looking at a mouse, and then chicken darting right past the cat and eating the mouse>

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwy4X4F3mB4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Chickens are horrible animals but man do I hate eagles.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chickens are just dinosaurs in modern times and for that they rule

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Chickens are great in every way

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

freeedr posted:

Chickens are great in every way

Chickens are decent people

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Chickens can gently caress up a person and that's after literal millenia of us breeding them to be as stupid and delicious as possible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

Chickens can gently caress up a person and that's after literal millenia of us breeding them to be as stupid and delicious as possible.

We keep forgetting to comment out the 'is a dinosaur' flag.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Son of Rodney posted:

Well, if that person does not overcome the thought that this is a doofy lil chicken and punts it to the horizon.

I'm always a tad amused by the unwarranted humbleness of people when they talk about how geese and stuff can mess you up. You don't have to feel bad just because you can theoretically kill a chicken with a kick.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Grendels Dad posted:

Well, if that person does not overcome the thought that this is a doofy lil chicken and punts it to the horizon.

I'm always a tad amused by the unwarranted humbleness of people when they talk about how geese and stuff can mess you up. You don't have to feel bad just because you can theoretically kill a chicken with a kick.

Pardon?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Grendels Dad posted:

Have you ever seen someone try to kick a football, and miss the ball? This is a thing that happens. Now imagine the ball can move, and is currently attacking you, instead of staying still at optimal kicking-reach. Good luck!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Phosphine posted:

Have you ever seen someone try to kick a football, and miss the ball? This is a thing that happens. Now imagine the ball can move, and is currently attacking you, instead of staying still at optimal kicking-reach. Good luck!

I would hope that most people pull a full Charlie Brown when they miss. If they did, yeah the chicken would gently caress them up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Lone Badger posted:

We keep forgetting to comment out the 'is a dinosaur' flag.

We never learn that commenting out self‐modifying code is a bad idea.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Geese have a handle that extends towards you when they attack, and it don't matter who you are, vertebrae ain't tough.

I firmly believe you should always avoid wildlife if possible, but if they're biting and hitting you, I have never seen them fail to back down once they've been tossed by the neck back onto their turf.

I'm not an expert but I have done this because I didn't know what else to do; the goose was definitely still very defensive and after I removed him from my zone, I did my best to convey "hey I'm backing off if you back off" with my body language after; we ended up working it out.

Turns out there's not a lot of "official" advice for what to do when being actively attacked by a goose.

Btw I still think geese are good birbs. Just territorial and pushy as gently caress, and people free-feeding them (intentionally or not, with litter) doesn't help at all.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Wasabi the J posted:

I still think geese are good birbs.

Most hosed up part of the post imho

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I once saw a chicken kill a baby duck for fun.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I once saw a chicken kill a baby duck for fun.

At the same time chickens are bred to squat down when people come near them so it's easy to pick them up. Chickens are adorable.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I have about thirty chickens and most of them are docile idiot birbs but occasionally you get one rooster who decides he’s king of poo poo mountain and will actively gently caress up your day if you even step out of the house in his eyeline. Our first rooster, Bo Derek was like that. He attacked my son and my wife and then me (who he had actively deferred to and skirted around previously), so his life was cut tragically short. I like to let all my animals have great stress-free lives and the chickens are all free-range mouse-and-vole-and-garden goody-eating dum dums but a violent rooster can’t stay around.

TL:DR - the eagle has the right reaction.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have about thirty chickens and most of them are docile idiot birbs but occasionally you get one rooster who decides he’s king of poo poo mountain and will actively gently caress up your day if you even step out of the house in his eyeline.

When I was a young kid our neighbour had a roosted named Claude who was like that. We had to have "Claude sticks" at strategic points throughout our yard so we could fend it off when it attacked.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Geese are terrific in a sandwich or with some sauerkraut.
Cocks are revolting.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duck smokes really well, I haven't had the chance to try goose

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You definitely should, it's possibly the best kosher substitute for bacon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Birds have taken over "gently caress the ocean" for goons feigning terror over something mostly benign.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

Birds have taken over "gently caress the ocean" for goons feigning terror over something mostly benign.

That poo poo can be traumatic when you're a really little kid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_iOhnZl5as

Also sometimes for some adults.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdrmfjAhn0

Also sometimes for entire neighbourhoods. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEWyXtA1AVs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A bird shat on my head in keswick once and I have never forgiven them, I swear vendetta against all of birdkind to this day. All shall perish and be consumed.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

OwlFancier posted:

A bird shat on my head in keswick once and I have never forgiven them, I swear vendetta against all of birdkind to this day. All shall perish and be consumed.

That’s supposed to bring good luck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It happened about five years ago so you be the loving judge.