Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Go right ahead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please never skip arc 4

also the white album fight in arc 5 is almost translated and that plus the train fight are probably some of the top encounters in vento aureo so soon enough at least those will be readable.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Plus Part 4 establishes the arrow which is extremely important in parts 5 and 6

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Read Part 5 and 6 simultaneously

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Part 4 rules and finally has a great translation and is now also an anime if you hate reading.

There is literally no excuse to skip it except as penance for some terrible sin you've committed. Even then, once you've found absolution, you should go back and experience Part 4 with your conscience clear.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there is genuinely no excuse to skip diamond is unbreakable because it has solid translations and is a nice change of pace from the previous 3 parts. it also boasts a wide variety of really memorable events and has one of the best villains in the series. also rohan punches a child and there's an alien.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Part 4 was awesome and I hope they release an official translation I can buy.

Which group is translating Part 5 right now?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's jojo's colored adventures, with resident goon daxing dan being part of the group.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/713783469973700608

Part 3 JoJoniums confirmed

e: Same twitter account says Viz say they always dub an anime they have rights to and they have rights to SDC for home video so the P4 dub/sub thing is probably 100% true too.

This is awesome but now I need a new bookshelf.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm about in need of a new manga shelf myself.

That or I'll need to rearrange my setup.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's jojo's colored adventures, with resident goon daxing dan being part of the group.

That's sick. Their Part 4 translation was fantastic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm looking at relocating after graduation, so I'll probably be able to set up a new manga shelf.

However, do I want to show off the stuff I have in storage that I bought as a teenager?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I thought Jojo's Colored Adventure just used the Invincible Trio's translation.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

fadam posted:

That's sick. Their Part 4 translation was fantastic.

eventually they stop using colored scans for vento aureo but it's still listed as jojo's colored adventure and has the good translations.

Bad Seafood posted:

i kinda figured that too

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Yup, though I believe Daxing Dan might have done his own for a few parts of it

And the pt 5 translation is prioritized over the color scans so I'm sure they'll go back someday and pick up with what's missing. I like it when people kvetch that they're not done at the same time, like that team just sort of snaps their fingers and color scans are cleaned alongside B&W ones

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Bad Seafood posted:

I believe they used my translation for the last two volumes.

fadam posted:

Part 4 was awesome and I hope they release an official translation I can buy.

Which group is translating Part 5 right now?
Jojo Project was translating Part 5 up until the beginning of Volume 4, when they died and dropped it. With that, JJCA and I picked up where they left off and started translating from there. So far we've released up to Volume 8, out of 17 total.

By the way, since I forgot to say this earlier, thanks for the kind comments, and thanks for enjoying Vento Aureo, everyone.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Part 4 features Pastamania, so it's definitely not something to miss.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've already seen a quick fanart panel redraw from the new chapter of jojolion that hasn't been translated yet. not that i was spoiled since i skimmed the transcript, but i guess it makes sense that that scene would be one ripe for redraws.

get hype for new jojolion

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
With all the hype about DiU I forgot we're due a new JoJolion chapter any day now. New JoJolion and DiU anime in the same week, what a time to be alive. :allears:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've already seen a quick fanart panel redraw from the new chapter of jojolion that hasn't been translated yet. not that i was spoiled since i skimmed the transcript, but i guess it makes sense that that scene would be one ripe for redraws.

get hype for new jojolion
I dunno if we saw the same art (probably?) but yeah I saw one thing that spoiled a panel + kewl posted something to their twitter and what I saw looks extremely cool

e: speak of the devil, it just went up.

http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2016/03/27/jojolion-52/

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 27, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm double posting more because I snuck that edit in and might as well broadcast that the new chapter is up and holy poo poo is it good

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's a good chapter, imo

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
This chapter fuckin rules

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This chapter fuckin rules

I definitely for sure didn't cry

I mean I cry at the drop of a hat so whatever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like how we sort of have preconceived notions about josefumi and kira but they always seem to be defied at nearly every turn

also i kinda like how over time kira has sort of been 'changed' to look a little more like gappy, but that's more just araki changing his mind a little as things went on as far as small details go. also holy poo poo that was a cold thing to do to karera

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

also holy poo poo that was a cold thing to do to karera

Extremely hosed up yes.

I'm not saying much else about what I actually think about Kira - a character I enjoy a ton and think is well done- because I know it'll go over like a lead balloon with some. Regardless, someday before I die I'd like to see the Killer Queen part animated.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That chapter was super good

Josefumi having his name loving bedazzled onto his phone is so good

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Joseph...on the phone! What does it mean, Zach?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Extremely hosed up yes.

I'm not saying much else about what I actually think about Kira - a character I enjoy a ton and think is well done- because I know it'll go over like a lead balloon with some. Regardless, someday before I die I'd like to see the Killer Queen part animated.

i think that starting with steel ball run araki started being less afraid to make the jojos to be Mildly Questionable characters and with kira it kinda really shows. he's definitely got the bloodline in him and parts of this chapter really showed that, but other parts and stuff from earlier in the arc also point to him kind of being his own person who will act on things based on how he sees himself to be 'allied' with others, which is nice. he's definitely not a perfect person and so far he comes off as being more of an rear end in a top hat than josefumi, but he's definitely not comically evil or coming off as a villain really. i will add, though, that i kind of wish he wasn't so similar to kira from arc 4 in terms of name and stand design. i like how josefumi plays with what we know already and so far kira is still a little too on the nose for me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kira is a hero

Him having Killer Queen works because it was a twist though. Seeing Killer Queen but good is amazing because Killer Queen is an amazing villain stand.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 27, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
the thing that makes me curious

From what we saw when Josefumi was getting destroyed with Vitiman C, it actually does seem like damage inflicted to an individual while they're 'Soft' is basically permanent, from how Kira got his liver cut out too. This makes me more certain Joshuu might actually be straight dead, since he had the same thing that happened to Josefumi except it went through his full head.

Yes I realize I'm still harping on that, but it's really strange to look at.

Also holy poo poo Kira's Sheet Heart Attack in this reality is way more explosive then the original; two of them loving destroyed that dock, the original didn't have near that much power.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kira is a hero

Him having Killer Queen works because it was a twist though. Seeing Killer Queen but good is amazing because Killer Queen is an amazing villain stand.

i mean more in the sense of 'it looks 99% the same as original killer queen' when it would have been cool to see some mild differences that were actually notable

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I can't believe that Kaera is loving dead

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 27, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

This entire flashback arc has been incredible. I don't think I've ever enjoyed Jojolion more than I do now.

Still trying to put into words how I feel about everything that's been happening.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojolion is really good and things are getting even better as pieces fall into place. there's still a couple of things that haven't been touched on, like the weird bite marks on people, but at this pace i really have no doubt that stuff will be covered.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Stallion Cabana posted:

From what we saw when Josefumi was getting destroyed with Vitiman C, it actually does seem like damage inflicted to an individual while they're 'Soft' is basically permanent, from how Kira got his liver cut out too. This makes me more certain Joshuu might actually be straight dead, since he had the same thing that happened to Josefumi except it went through his full head.

Also holy poo poo Kira's Sheet Heart Attack in this reality is way more explosive then the original; two of them loving destroyed that dock, the original didn't have near that much power.

I thought the same thing about Joshuu but still feel like even if we know that Vitamin C works that way, actually having Joshuu be straight-up-loving-dead right now will doesn't make a ton of sense. Somebody's gotta go pretty soon but I don't think this is it - I think Jobin's going to go out in a big way later but hey who knows maybe Jobin and Joshuu both die for very different reasons.

And I do really enjoy that the good guys are really complex good guys, don't get me wrong on that. That's part of why I think Kira is well done. I feel really loving bad for Karera right now though and even if it involved Josefumi potentially wimping out, his thing about people abandoning him is extremely loving sad given his mom and so on. I like how much is put across just with that.

Jojolion is loving fantastic. I cannot see it getting 'bad' in any way. If it keeps even a fraction of this momentum sorry, honestly, it ends up blowing SBR out of the water fo rme.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 27, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Killer Queen Bites The Dust

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

If anything, it goes to show that Joshuu's probably okay. Kira and Josefumi reformed once no longer under the influence of Vitamin C but Kira was hurt because his liver was cut out. Joshuu was washed down the drain as a whole. If anyone dies here, it's probably Kyo, which would help keep the mystery of Kira more shrouded and provide access to Holly Kira-Joestar

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

If Joshuu is dead that also means Daiya and Kyo are dead too since they melted into something unrecognizable iirc so I don't think Araki would go that far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Seems to me that the damage is only permanent if it's done by cutting with an edge. Everything else sooner or later snaps back into the original shape once Vitamin C's influence is gone, or if the softness hasn't progressed that far yet. So "cutting" with the yen note did real damage, but something much more severe like water flowing through Joshuu's head or the dad having bubbles rise through his forehead probably doesn't do anything permanent.

On the other hand, that probably means Best Dad actually lost a hand :ohdear:

I absolutely love Damo. A dumpy, goofy looking dude among a cast of supermodels, but he looks so livid in this chapter. Awesome.