Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Episode preview for next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmjqyaITVSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you Monaka, saving the universe yet again.

Trunks arc should be fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

I would watch the hell out of a spin off series where Trunks is doing poo poo in the apocalypse.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Fist of the North Kai - Trunk's Revenge

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, at least now we know the answer to the Gotenks beatdown. Goku and Vegeta just reached another massive power level chasm between them and the rest of the cast.

Pretty fun little episode. Vegeta not being able to handle losing to Goku OR having Goku lose to a copy of himself was amazing, Vegeta losing his poo poo after figuring out the seal was a pacifier was also great, and Monaka is the new Hero of Earth.

Also it's funny that two arc villains in a row are Clone Vegeta AND Clone Goku (as far as we can tell anyway).

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

-Fish- posted:

What if she's just Mai's daughter?

Or if that's not Future Trunks Classic, but a future version of current Kid Trunks and that's our currently-tiny Mai? The time machine back there has a different color scheme from the old one.

Looks like it may actually be "Future Trunks Classic" given that he says "Future Earth was at peace after I killed Cell".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's the OG Future Trunks.

The time machine can easily be explained that they

A: Painted it
B: Have a new and better model invented in the time that has passed for them since the Cell saga.
C: don't give a gently caress about continuity.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some interesting comments from a Fuji TV producer, Osamu Nozaki. From Kanzenhuu:

quote:

This “Future” Trunks arc that’s about to begin will feel a little different than Dragon Ball Super has up to now: a severe battle surpassing time and space, and putting the entire universe at risk! Following on from Majin Boo and Freeza, this time Goku and the gang’s enemy is… Goku?

The key visual is pretty mysterious, but I will give one spoiler and say that the person next to adult Trunks there is Mai. During this nonstop series of desperate situations, with Goku and Vegeta forced into tough fights, expect to see Mai play a surprisingly major role together with Future Trunks!!
Mai's voice actress also said we should expect to see Mai on the show "every week" from now on.

There's also an almost-textless version of the promo image.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I hope we get at least one scene with teenage Pilaf and Shu.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sounds like they're going for a proper saga feel with this one, which is neat.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

C: don't give a gently caress about continuity.

I hope they try and have it both ways, constantly forgetting if this is the Future Trunks from the Cell Saga or a grown-up version of Present Trunks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I'm seeing people on FB complain that Trunks doesn't have grey hair anymore...

When the hell was his hair ever grey?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

don't mock the colorblind, it's rude

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So now both GT and Super have a Baby Vegeta saga.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

don't mock the colorblind, it's rude
Ah, I didn't even consider colorblindness. :smith:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
e: wrong thread

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 5, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

Not only does Woolie think that WWI was fought with muskets, he thinks the Romans used metal tower shields, and said shields were used for Greek Phalanxes.

this is a Super Best conversation that I believe belongs in a different thread, Friend

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Burkion posted:

this is a Super Best conversation that I believe belongs in a different thread, Friend

Surely he's talking about Black Goku, it does fit his character.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Raxivace posted:

Ah, I didn't even consider colorblindness. :smith:

But for people with that type of colorblindness wouldn't... it... still... be gray? Just a different tone?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Also, aren't colorblind people just not able to see red or green?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was a joke

Covok posted:

Also, aren't colorblind people just not able to see red or green?

https://nei.nih.gov/health/color_blindness/facts_about

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Future Trunks' hair was the same color as current Trunks', but now it's blue

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Aurora posted:

Future Trunks' hair was the same color as current Trunks', but now it's blue

Serious question; why the hell do people get so fixated on this?

I don't think I've ever ever noticed this discrepancy until I hit r/dbz.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't really care one way or the other except for consistency's sake, but everyone here is saying it wasn't changed at all

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's not like they haven't used Future Trunks in things since the Androids, he's pretty much the main character of Xenoverse, so it is kind of odd. I don't really mind though, I see it in the same light as Goku and Vegeta's slightly differently colored outfits in that it's nice to see some change.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
so long as Trunks has SOME version of his mom's hair, the universe is alright

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Y'all Britney Jean Spears just posted one of her kid's drawings

I didn't know she had a cool adult male cool son

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm curious on it but won't be mad if they don't explain it, but it is curious since we've seen flashbacks to him and our present Trunks also has purple hair.

I bet he just painted at per Mai's suggestion, which is a showcase of excellent taste by her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

who do you think would win in a fight, black goku or green goku

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Manatee Cannon posted:

who do you think would win in a fight, black goku or green goku

Green Goku would obviously win because it's super saiyan plus super cyan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't believe Mirai Trunks is coming back and is going to be the canon hero again. It's so good. It's good.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i want future trunks to fight kid trunks and lose

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Counterpoint, I want Future Trunks to fight Goku and win. I'm what you'd call a "fan".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I want Black Goku to actually be a part of some elaborate long con by Future Trunks to commit a hostile take over of Capsule Corporation in all four timelines.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I want the arc to end with Jaco arresting present Trunks and his sentence being about ten minutes as he is a child.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dias posted:

Goku and Vegeta just reached another massive power level chasm between them and the rest of the cast.

This is a spoiler?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is a spoiler?

I'unno, but since we discussed if Clonegeta was already in SSB I figured I might as well tag it, wouldn't want someone in doubt to read it and bite the dust

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well played.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I want Black Goku to actually be a part of some elaborate long con by Future Trunks to commit a hostile take over of Capsule Corporation in all four timelines.

Calling it now: Black Goku was the result of Goku's corpse being dug up and experimented by Gero in the future timeline. After Goku died of heart disease, Gero was all like 'poo poo no revenge I'll do one better and make him into a murder puppet'. Maybe a timelapse thing like Cell, or maybe in this timeline Gero wasn't completed destroyed by the androids, as we never really find out what happened to the 19 and 20 in that timeline (I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

Calling it now: Black Goku was the result of Goku's corpse being dug up and experimented by Gero in the future timeline. After Goku died of heart disease, Gero was all like 'poo poo no revenge I'll do one better and make him into a murder puppet'. Maybe a timelapse thing like Cell, or maybe in this timeline Gero wasn't completed destroyed by the androids, as we never really find out what happened to the 19 and 20 in that timeline (I think).

I like this idea a lot.

Too bad there's no way it happens.

Also, this filler chapter in Multiverse isn't aggressively, Bojack-level bad, but goddamn it's been going for forever and literally nothing has happened.

• Locked thread