Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

just take thunderlords and put pool under zeds feet/caster minions and attack him with auto's relentlessly from behind your minion line and he can do literally nothing until 6, at which point you should already have some form of armor and his all in will mean nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

politely ask zed for a gentlemans truce in the mid lane where you both promise not to attack each other. if he goes for it anybody is viable against zed

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Frankly I think Zed is balanced enough at this point that as long as you pick someone with either a)Hard CC to counter his all in or b) enough damage to murder him if he tries to all in you should be fine. He very much feels like a skill match up for me no matter what champion I play at this point, especially if it's ranged mage vs Zed. If you're ranged, the Zed should get 0 CS as you zone him off his own wave and punish him with autos and spells from safety till he can't do anything safely till he hits 6 or gets a gank. If he gets a solo kill on you pre-6, it's because you were out of position and eating too many shurikens.

Basically Zed is cool and I don't mind playing againest him anymore, it's usually pretty fun even. All you need to do to get better at dealing with him is fight him a bunch, especially againest someone better than you who can also talk you through what you're doing wrong at the same time.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Are there any viable bruisers left other than Irelia who can rush trinity force and then build all defensive items while running around the map killing people? Jax used to be another but rageblade/gunblade is too good to pass up on him now. Hecarim? This has always been my favorite toplane build but people are starting to ban Irelia now so I need a backup.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think even Irelia rushes Rageblade, item is broken. Hecarim is probably the only one left that goes tri into full tank.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Zed is fine and as soon as Maw is toned down I think he will be under 50% win rate.

He's probably overbanned right now.

e: Take the amount of people playing him into consideration, but Zed has a lower winrate on champ.gg than Yasuo right now:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

I think even Irelia rushes Rageblade, item is broken. Hecarim is probably the only one left that goes tri into full tank.

Wouldn't hec just be better with IBG/SV poo poo now too? I haven't seen him in awhile admittedly.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

I think Irelia rushes Rageblade too, I think Hecarim is the only one left that goes tri into full tank.

I've been skipping rageblade on Irelia unless my teamcomp is garbage and I'm planning to split most of the game, it's definitely not as good on her as on Jax and it really makes it a lot more difficult to roam or teamfight successfully when you don't have all of your combat stats up front.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Zed has basically never been banworthy and is the quintessential 'i dont want to get good so i'm gonna ban him' ban

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

Wouldn't hec just be better with IBG/SV poo poo now too? I haven't seen him in awhile admittedly.

Yeah probably, though FF is getting nerfed tomorrow.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I take it back, he was banworth for about 3 patches when he was released.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

Zed has basically never been banworthy and is the quintessential 'i dont want to get good so i'm gonna ban him' ban

I just like banning any good assassin picks because I hate having them on my team or against my team. Seems like a huge swath of people ban the same way if Ban% are any indication.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

It depends on comp setup I think. Hecarim still likes tri a lot because it gives him every stat he likes. The catch I'd he's squishy while getting to it but this is the general issue with Hec where he needs to get lots of money to do well.

The think I've read from the big Hecarim players is they're using runeglaive as it has a lot of what hecarim likes. You could definitely just ignore tri and go sunfire and IBG for a more tanky setup and still do a lot of damage.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yorick owns

6v5 with 2 ADCs is pretty awesome

also

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

zed just had a high winrate/playrate for a few patches recently before the W nerf, i think banning him is fine under those circumstances. for most of his lifetime he's been a classic '48% winrate but people are scared of playing against him' champ though, same deal as leblanc

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

I've been skipping rageblade on Irelia unless my teamcomp is garbage and I'm planning to split most of the game, it's definitely not as good on her as on Jax and it really makes it a lot more difficult to roam or teamfight successfully when you don't have all of your combat stats up front.

yeah i played an irelia game last night for the first time in ages and usually with the kind of advantage i had in lane (2 kills + turret) i would have been able to relentlessly dive their dashless mid and adc and take over the game. i did the rageblade build instead and was pretty much just a splitpusher and skirmisher. if i was to do it again i probably would have just got a gage and GA or just pure damage and GA instead of building dmp + sv.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Zed was one of the best Diamond 2 ~ Diamond 1 bans until last patch tho

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I always banned heroes that would demoralize or terrorize people in lane and Zed was one of those choices. You get someone who can't deal with him in lane, he gets big and then the bickering begins.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i usually just ban whatever is statistically the best ban unless someone specifically requests for a ban on a specific popular champion so they don't give up before the game starts

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Ban Graves, Ekko, Soraka, Zed

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Zed just demolishes too many champions in mid. Even if you think people should be able to deal with him, you should still probably just ban him because odds are people aren't drafting with him in mind, same with Yi. Also rushing ZH feels like poo poo.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i like taking chogath into zed, he can't juke silence spam and if you time it right rupture is all but guaranteed after he ults. also his ult bypasses maw shields

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Firebert posted:

Zed just demolishes too many champions in mid. Even if you think people should be able to deal with him, you should still probably just ban him because odds are people aren't drafting with him in mind, same with Yi. Also rushing ZH feels like poo poo.

the win rate tells the full truth though, which is that demolishing lane is not enough to secure a win for zed. same thing is true for fizz

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
outside of something busted like tank ekko just ban whatever you don't want to play against/with

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

fizz never loses a game, the player loses the game for fizz

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my ban priority is always extreme outliers (currently Ekko) > teammate requests > champs with high pick rates and good win rates (currently Graves, Soraka, Blitz)

also there's too many champs that do close enough to the same thing as Zed for 'he could get fed and 1-shot people' to be a legitimate ban reason, whereas if you ban Soraka or Blitz then you're guaranteed to not have to deal with their poo poo since they're unique on the roster

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
if you ban zed you'll end up facing the terror of mid, ad leblanc, and her co-patriot jungle talon

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

AHH FUGH posted:

Zed was one of the best Diamond 2 ~ Diamond 1 bans until last patch tho

I'm glad we were able to educate our high diamond goons about the terrors of fellow d1 players playing zed, compared to your average bronze 2 zed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll ban Zed if I'm playing ADC because more often than not my team is completely incapable of peeling him off me and that leaves the choice of "don't get near the fight" or "get deleted instantly even if it means my team wins the fight because Zed suicide charged." Otherwise he isn't really much of a threat unless he's so fed it's GG.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

It depends on comp setup I think. Hecarim still likes tri a lot because it gives him every stat he likes. The catch I'd he's squishy while getting to it but this is the general issue with Hec where he needs to get lots of money to do well.

The think I've read from the big Hecarim players is they're using runeglaive as it has a lot of what hecarim likes. You could definitely just ignore tri and go sunfire and IBG for a more tanky setup and still do a lot of damage.

i usually get ibg up quick top lane because without the mana it is really hard to keep harassing melee people top lane and the auto + q + iceborn auto with thunderlord harass combo is absolutely disgusting

i have just recently started replaying hecarim so i will definitely be experimenting but yeah duskblade is fun as hell on him as well as a sixth item to definitely take a look at that if you want to snowball even harder

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-68-notes

miss fortune buffs? why

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Seconding this, Morgana is extremely good against Zed. You have to screw up big in the early game to lose that lane.

It's a good matchup overall but if the Zed has good mechanics I think there's a lot of room for him to win the matchup through skill. Also god forbid you ever get behind because Black Shield does nothing for you and you have no ability to outplay. If the Zed is bad it's basically like playing a 5v4 though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

because she is seen literally never. I think the only ADC I see less than her is Jinx

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sure thats a patch i guess

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

blah_blah posted:

It's a good matchup overall but if the Zed has good mechanics I think there's a lot of room for him to win the matchup through skill. Also god forbid you ever get behind because Black Shield does nothing for you and you have no ability to outplay. If the Zed is bad it's basically like playing a 5v4 though.

Because of this I don't really know why someone would play Morgana into Zed. Is it just because she's good with a Zhonya's? I don't really like that match-up but maybe I'm not thinking about it right.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Radical posted:

i usually just ban whatever is statistically the best ban unless someone specifically requests for a ban on a specific popular champion so they don't give up before the game starts

This works until you realise you live in a backwards world where people still pick LeBlanc, Zed, and Yasuo mid, Ilaoi is still banned every game and Vayne is the most often picked ADC.

The statistics lie!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Rumble might be able to CS normally or maybe even extremely well with that change holy crap. That's pretty big.

pog boyfriend posted:

i usually get ibg up quick top lane because without the mana it is really hard to keep harassing melee people top lane and the auto + q + iceborn auto with thunderlord harass combo is absolutely disgusting

i have just recently started replaying hecarim so i will definitely be experimenting but yeah duskblade is fun as hell on him as well as a sixth item to definitely take a look at that if you want to snowball even harder

I'm still the Hecarim jungle purist and I hate the fact that anyone even started to put him toplane because that poo poo results in big nerfs to a very fun jungler but... yeah. Hecarim's a very strong, snowball champ that when he's ahead he really stays there and puts out a shitload of damage building mostly tank. IBG gives him an almost old Skarner level of stickiness but Tri makes his charges extremely painful.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 19, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Morg ult is probably too slow to do anything to counter Zed ult, too, and he isn't exactly as easy a target as a LB trying to distortion, since he has three shadows and its a blink and not a dash. Basically nothing in Morg kit seems good against Zed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bholder posted:

This works until you realise you live in a backwards world where people still pick LeBlanc, Zed, and Yasuo mid, Ilaoi is still banned every game and Vayne is the most often picked ADC.

The statistics lie!

This post came through a worm hole from five months ago and landed here.

• Locked thread