Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I love Final Fantasy Jump Rope Simulator. I even like it more than Final Fantasy Water Polo and Final Fantasy The Trading Card Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Yeah but it wasn't as good as Final Fantasy Car Driving simulator or Final Fantasy Dolphin Jumping simulator.

gently caress Final Fantasy: Dancing edition though. Has to be the worst Final Fantasy in the series.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Final Fantasy Jpop Idols is the best Final Fantasy tbh.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Final Fantasy Jpop Idols is the best Final Fantasy tbh.

The same can be said for Persona.

I smell a pattern here.

Yakuza Jpop when???

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's just normal JPop my dude.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I smell a pattern here.

Yakuza Jpop when???

Have you played Yakuza???

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I smell a pattern here.

Yakuza Jpop when???

A few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldPxadNKkaE

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
This TGS trailer shows off a few seconds of the Ignis DLC as well as a new scene they will add to the game for free at some point. I for one am still excited about this messy mess..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7FLSI2o9rE

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mega64 posted:

I love Final Fantasy Jump Rope Simulator. I even like it more than Final Fantasy Water Polo and Final Fantasy The Trading Card Game.
You like 9 more than 9? Error.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Final Fantasy: Masseuse was pretty bad too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Renoistic posted:

This TGS trailer shows off a few seconds of the Ignis DLC as well as a new scene they will add to the game for free at some point. I for one am still excited about this messy mess..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7FLSI2o9rE

I also noticed that they're tweaking the hunt system which would be very very welcome. Let me accept like 15 at once and give em a separate quest tab!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish you didn't have to keep going back to the diners to finish them

just give me the reward when I kill the monster!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish you didn't have to keep going back to the diners to finish them

just give me the reward when I kill the monster!

I know somebody else said this a long time ago but it's baffling in the XV universe where smart phones are ubiquitous that they can't just phone you up after a hunt to complete it. Gives an excuse to have some vague dialog related to the hunt, too.

Or hell, if you don't want to record VAs for it, send a text message. There should be a hunter app.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

I know somebody else said this a long time ago but it's baffling in the XV universe where smart phones are ubiquitous that they can't just phone you up after a hunt to complete it. Gives an excuse to have some vague dialog related to the hunt, too.

Or hell, if you don't want to record VAs for it, send a text message. There should be a hunter app.

Yeah. It's baffling. You could even have like a little quest at Hunter HQ to get the phone network working or something.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

In Training posted:

Yeah. It's baffling. You could even have like a little quest at Hunter HQ to get the phone network working or something.

I always wondered what was up with all the radio equipment at some of the hunter branches. I'm pretty interested in seeing what they will do with the online mode too. If it's any fun it could keep me occupied until Monster Hunter World.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

the rewards for jump rope simulator just aren't good enough for what they're asking you to do imo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Speaking of phones, why doesn't Lunafreya have one? Why do she and Noctis have to communicate through messenger dogs? Why don't side quest givers have phones? It's the dumbest thing.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Elephant Ambush posted:

Speaking of phones, why doesn't Lunafreya have one? Why do she and Noctis have to communicate through messenger dogs? Why don't side quest givers have phones? It's the dumbest thing.

Yeah, there isn't even an in-game reason ever given, far as I can recall.

And we know they exist because Noctis literally uses one to talk to Cor at the very beginning of the game.

After that it's all clandestine letters and such and such told me to tell you this and that.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

She lost her phone and when she got a new one she couldn't remember his number.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
To be fair if you had kick rear end time travel dogs you'd use them for secret messages all the time too. Also sidequest givers do have phones, they just use them during the "wait until thing is ready" portion of quests which just makes it more weird that you cant just communicate with them whenever.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Phantasium posted:

When my country is being invaded, I want to learn it from a fresh off the press newspaper instead of twitter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
world!! building!!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You see, when Ifrit fell from grace and unleashed the Geostigma on the people of Baron, Kefka's ancestor the king of Lufenia invented radio technology to keep in touch with Galuf's world which would normally eventually result in cell phones, but after Ultimecia time traveled her actions in the past meant that Vivi's descendants never provoked the Twelve to forge an alliance with the Occuria to put the idea to make Sin into the head of Noct's dad's great uncle five times removed, which means that widespread cell coverage never came about and it's pretty exclusive to certain cities in the world, and only within that city's network.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wasn't one of FFVIII's plot points that the witch they had trapped in space meant they couldn't have satellite tv or something?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Wasn't one of FFVIII's plot points that the witch they had trapped in space meant they couldn't have satellite tv or something?

Yup, she hijacked the signals and sent weird messages. You can see them briefly in timber.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Gologle posted:

You see, when Ifrit fell from grace and unleashed the Geostigma on the people of Baron, Kefka's ancestor the king of Lufenia invented radio technology to keep in touch with Galuf's world which would normally eventually result in cell phones, but after Ultimecia time traveled her actions in the past meant that Vivi's descendants never provoked the Twelve to forge an alliance with the Occuria to put the idea to make Sin into the head of Noct's dad's great uncle five times removed, which means that widespread cell coverage never came about and it's pretty exclusive to certain cities in the world, and only within that city's network.

This is basically what I was expecting WoFF to end up like

Or Dissidia but that game got even weirder

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I always assumed she didn't have one because she wasn't allowed to. She might be a princess or whatever but she's also a prisoner in her own country. That's why she and Noctis have been sending each other letters since they where young. She really should've asked Gentiana for a cell after she escaped, though.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Sunning posted:

When my country is being invaded, I want to learn it from a fresh off the press newspaper instead of twitter.

If it means not having to trek half an hour out of the way to the nearest newsstand and being able to roll out of bed and find out in my underwear, I'll take Twitter.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Attitude Indicator posted:

You can see them briefly in timber.

However there's only one Final Fantasy game you can see on Tinder.

Well, former Final Fantasy game after it got destroyed by hackers tonight. RIP FFBE.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

BGrifter posted:

Well, former Final Fantasy game after it got destroyed by hackers tonight. RIP FFBE.

I want to hear the story on this.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
im riding on a hand (world of final fantasy) game owns

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
A true surprise hit.
WoFF owns. Has square said anything about a sequel for it?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, the port of FFIX is great fun. I accidentally killed everything in the Festival of the Hunt and then had to sit around for three minutes. High speed Hot and Cold will take a bit of getting used to. Really the main goal is to get that dang Excalibur II.

Might do that family member quest as well.

Also the sword fight. It has to be harder on the US version. It has to be. Because I blasted it off first try as always.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm tempted to pick up a cheap copy of 15 again since it is now apparently some sprawling beast, cut free of any kind of limits and stuffed to the brim with Content.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Jesus, 20 bucks for the PS4 port of IX?

Still tempted since it's my favorite, but drat.

I think they're frequently the most expensive games on iOS too

FF as a series probably makes more money off of nostalgia than anything else these days

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mega64 posted:

I want to hear the story on this.

Gumi's website.

Then at 3pm pacific time yesterday every player in the game was awarded a bonus 5k lapis, about $40 worth of in game currency. The servers went down immediately and were down until about an hour ago. We'll have to see where things go from here, but the servers are up albeit pretty unstable.

Edit: aaaaaaaand the servers are down again.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 22, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh no not the brave exvius source code

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

What's 70 BTC equivalent of? Like a small island in the Keys?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
70 Bitcoin equals
251294.40 US Dollar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

are they supposed to pay all of those eventually or just one of them and it's like you have to pay more if you wait longer. please make your terrorist demands clear