Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think they said they're planning to continue supporting through 2018, though if that's going to be more story stuff or a second season pass idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

do we have any idea when they're gonna be done adding stuff to xv

i wanna get around to playing it but i also want to wait for them to finally be done

I played through it a month ago and don't know what they really need to add so you can play it whenever and have a good rear end time.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
They're gonna be adding stuff until it stops selling basically.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There's a chapter select, anyway. When they do add story content it seems few and far between, and barely anything at all. Easy to jump in to w/e chapter updates and see the new poo poo, or youtube it.

I finally bought and played this game this past month. I think I have 80 hours in it, and I'm still playing off and on. It is very good, but flawed in execution, story in particular. However the story it does have, I was very invested in, and it's fun to play despite of or maybe even because of how simple it is. The ending is phenomenal and imo one of the better FF endings.

Just play it. The plot is always going to be patchwork and vague, there's no way they will update this game enough to give it a fully fleshed story. All they can add is some context here or there.

There's a slim chance the multiplayer expansion will actually flesh out one of the bigger gaps in the story, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

i wanna get around to playing it but i also want to wait for them to finally be done

My guess is holiday/summer next year is when they'll be done. The PC version is coming out in January and my guess is they'll add content for it a little more after that launch.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I played through it a month ago and don't know what they really need to add so you can play it whenever and have a good rear end time.

ehhh, i barely got a ps4 a few weeks ago so i've got more than enough other poo poo to be playing while i wait

just kinda wish i had a vague timeframe on how long that wait's gonna be

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
They recently said that they'll bring live service and multiplayer features to all of their games.

I can't wait for loot boxes in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

100 goofy battle royale

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Help Im Alive posted:

100 goofy battle royale

No no, the joke is suggesting bad things for them to do

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
100 goofys saying gwarsh in unison

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This is the Final Fantasy mega thread, so I don't expect any of you to get this reference, but I want 100 Goofys saying "I'm already half Xehanort, hyuck"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Brother Entropy posted:

when it comes out on pc

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so just to be clear there is absolutely no way to either change my job assignments or to start a new game+ and carry over my items, bestiary, etc in ff12: zodiac age, right?

because I let myself do way too much before going "I made some bad job choices" and it sucks

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
How could you "make some bad job choices" in FF12. You can beat the game with anything.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

even a party of all white mages could probably out heal everything and have one of then just poking things with a stick to death. Like maybe flying enemies might be an issue.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't specify that I meant my choices were bad bc the game is hard, more like if I'm gonna spend another 20 hours or w/e doing all the optional content in this game it should be with a cool party

either way the answer to my question is "no", right?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Cross classing takes out a lot of the speedbumps you might get with certain team comps so I wouldn't worry

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Just play the game with what you have you big baby.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Once you unlock your second job set you'll be set forever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wizard on a water slide posted:

I didn't specify that I meant my choices were bad bc the game is hard, more like if I'm gonna spend another 20 hours or w/e doing all the optional content in this game it should be with a cool party

Right

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

Only if you've set your second jobs. If you haven't; wait until that point and you can adapt your characters a bit.

E: oh yeah, every team is viable ya moron

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Welp! Guess I gotta go back and play chapter 12 in XV it sounds like?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Morby posted:

Welp! Guess I gotta go back and play chapter 12 in XV it sounds like?

It's pretty quickly done with chapter select. Or just Youtube it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've not played FFXII in so long so I've forgotten.

Quickening's are one character per slot on the License board, so I realistically need to assign characters a quickening the job will benefit most from right?

I'm getting mixed up in regards to if it was just Espers or both that functioned that way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Characters only ever have their three unique quickenings. There's only one job board where this is an issue, I think (Shikari).

Adeptus
May 1, 2009
Espers are shared across all characters, so you can only buy each one once ever. For quickenings, there are 4 spots per job board, but each character can only ever buy three of them, and purchasing a quickening license on one job also unlocks it on that character's second job. This means you will have to do a little planning to make sure you pick the quickenings that unlock useful licenses on both job boards for that character, but it's usually fairly obvious what's worth getting.

The way you can tell which quickening unlocks are shared is by LP cost - the ones that cost the same amount are unlocked together.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Characters only ever have their three unique quickenings. There's only one job board where this is an issue, I think (Shikari).
Even with the Shikari board it's not like there's much reason to pick the Ninja Blades 1 License over the other choices available.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Right, I thought it was that way. Thanks

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
After playing through the game, I regretted not picking up Ninja Swords 1 over sacrificing one of the Koga or Iga blades. I'd recommend giving up the Koga blade since you rarely fight anything weak to earth through the game. I think having a strong non-elemental ninja sword is more important than getting both the Koga and Iga blades.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Shoren posted:

After playing through the game, I regretted not picking up Ninja Swords 1 over sacrificing one of the Koga or Iga blades. I'd recommend giving up the Koga blade since you rarely fight anything weak to earth through the game. I think having a strong non-elemental ninja sword is more important than getting both the Koga and Iga blades.

Agreed that it is good to have a non-elemental option, but Mesa is really easy to craft (I got it without even trying) and it shares a license with Yagyu which you'll always want to get.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
OH MY loving GOD

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2586/nycc-2017-summon-superlative-final-fantasy-reading

edit: awww these arent the crazy strategy guide ones, just the art books :/

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 3, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

abagofcheetos posted:

OH MY loving GOD

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2586/nycc-2017-summon-superlative-final-fantasy-reading

Man I got really excited for the exact same reason you did when I clicked the link but before I read your edit.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It is apparently these:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gamebooks/ff/ff25th_memorial_ult/

Still looks prettyy cool, but I was really hoping for the other ones.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Agreed that it is good to have a non-elemental option, but Mesa is really easy to craft (I got it without even trying) and it shares a license with Yagyu which you'll always want to get.

If I remember correctly you need coeurl whiskers which require you to be as far as Giruvegan before you can craft it. You can get other options well before that. Not that I disagree with you, just saying that if you want a versatile ninja sword early on then you ought to get the Ninja Swords 1 license.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

abagofcheetos posted:

Strategy guide ultimania's? Do you mean the "Battle" ones? Did they do those for pre-FF7 FF's?

abagofcheetos posted:

It is apparently these:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gamebooks/ff/ff25th_memorial_ult/

Still looks prettyy cool, but I was really hoping for the other ones.

I only know the FF13 ultimania's, and looking at these they just seem to condense all the pictures into one place. Kinda sad since there were some cool details left out, but I'll still think about getting it if it's not super expensive.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

$40 on Amazon. Would be a good gift for fans of the classic FFs. Would really like something like this for 7-8-9 though.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ventana posted:

Strategy guide ultimania's? Do you mean the "Battle" ones? Did they do those for pre-FF7 FF's?

Honestly I don't know, i just saw Ultimania and thought it was the in depth ones, not realizing there were so many different ones.

Shoren posted:

$40 on Amazon. Would be a good gift for fans of the classic FFs. Would really like something like this for 7-8-9 though.
There is a second volume with 7-9, and a third with 10-14. Hopefully those come over too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/allisonzephyr/status/915036795934531584

Ultima sucks because gently caress you my own canon lore!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
To be fair, it's a supposed powerful spell locked behind a lengthy tower that a character sacrifices their life for you to get, so considering how loving dour and grim the rest of FF2 is of course the spell you spent all that effort to get is useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://twitter.com/allisonzephyr/status/915036795934531584

Ultima sucks because gently caress you my own canon lore!

this is hilarious and i support the programmer 100%