Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Go GIK go! Down into the toilet yaaay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

Lockheed Martin as a wonderful value stock? Let's look at LMT:

https://simplywall.st/stocks/us/capital-goods/nyse-lmt/lockheed-martin 34% below an automated DCF estimate of fair value
Trefis estimate on TOS also says it should be +20% or so ($408 est, $337 today)
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/LMT/lockheed-martin/market-cap a year ago, its market cap was ~30% higher
its growth rate on TOS are mixed, but its P/E of 13.2 is well below its 5-year avg of 16.7. Return on Equity is an insane 150%

but its revenue growth is steady, EPS growth is real, debt is slowly decreasing, and they have billions in cash on hand despite having recently executed a multi-billion $ acquisition. LMT's FCF/EV (2.5%) and other financial metrics compare favorably to others in the industry (e.g. RTX, HON). the stock has been flat for 9 months so is definitely not overbought or anything.

it's a holding in ARKQ and will be inevitably in ARKX when it launches. the F-35 program can only improve, and no replacement is remotely in sight. if war breaks out anywhere, LMT will be one of the first companies to benefit.

after figuring this out myself, I see someone on reddit had a very, very detailed bullish take on LMT (this is a long read): https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/la7g07/lmt_a_deep_dive/

aside from the risk of the F-35 being canned -- which I consider unlikely -- why shouldn't LMT be a very profitable stock to own?

edit: adding a good twitter thread discussing LMT
https://twitter.com/PortfolioRoc/status/1316833069039575041?s=20

and today MS downgrades price target (still far above current price) but maintains overweight,

https://twitter.com/StockMKTNewz/status/1358788038885863424?s=20

this is also seeing some tweets today, but it's from friday
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lockheed-martin-advantage-markets-discount-173412489.html

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Go GIK go! Down into the toilet yaaay!

I don't get it

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

FistEnergy posted:

I don't get it

We bet on the thing and it isn't working out.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pmchem posted:

and today MS downgrades price target (still far above current price) but maintains overweight,

https://twitter.com/StockMKTNewz/status/1358788038885863424?s=20

this is also seeing some tweets today, but it's from friday
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lockheed-martin-advantage-markets-discount-173412489.html

What does the price target mean exactly?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I want to take my crypto talk out of the stock thread. Is there an actual crypto thread somewhere?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FistEnergy posted:

I don't get it

Sorry, venting some of my dumbness because I bought back in last week with bad timing.

I’m gonna keep holding though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Whoreson Welles posted:

I want to take my crypto talk out of the stock thread. Is there an actual crypto thread somewhere?

Just look for seraph84’s most recently banned alt in the leper zone

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Made about 200% ROI on my CCIV calls, took some profit and rolled to a later date and higher strike. Did I do that right?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Red posted:

Just doing a quick search on a few major automakers and their current stock prices:

GM: 54.41
Toyota: 150.86
Volkswagen: 21.88
Daimler: 20.12
Ford: 11.51

Toyota just overtook VW as the world's biggest auto manufacturer, so I get it. GM is putting a lot into EVs, but is having supply issues. I have little faith in Ford, and don't know enough about Daimler. Maybe Volkswagen is worth gambling on?

As long as Ford can build F-150s and 250s, they're gonna be stable. But there's also good buzz on the Mustang EV and the new Bronco.

On the other hand, their last generation of cars had a huge transmission recall issue, so...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What an incredible day so far. +2% on average for today. Nothing in the red so far.

I wish everyday was like this.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

What does the price target mean exactly?

Yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
The crypto graphs are unreal.

von Vicious
Apr 2, 2015

I'M A GINGER BABY WwwWWaaAaAhhH!!!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Only mockery

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

NDRA is making moves today, up to 2.46 at the moment and rising

edit: it was 2.39 when I started typing that and now it's become fairly volatile lol

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Is this the place for penny stock discussion?

Because what the hell is going on with HCMC :stare:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Toobly posted:

edit: it was 2.39 when I started typing that and now it's become fairly volatile lol

Haha just coming here to talk about NDRA. The FDA certification must be coming soon if all the insiders are making their money moves.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
S

Toobly posted:

Yeah, I’m wondering if to add any more, or just wait for a decline. Since for 25 shares I got to a cost of 2.18 average cost per share, by buying some at that weird drop to like to $2.10 last week.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Whoreson Welles posted:

Yea there's a thread, but any real discussion is quickly drowned out by unfunny poo poo posting. So much so it even has a parody tag in the title.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860241&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Weird that the generally well educated and financially literate BFC subforum only has a "Making fun of it" crypto thread????

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Variable 5 posted:

Is this the place for penny stock discussion?

Because what the hell is going on with HCMC :stare:

HCMC is being memed a bit on reddit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mongeese posted:

HCMC is being memed a bit on reddit.

It’s also pretty impossible to buy. It seems like someone is priming for a big pump and dump.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Weird that the generally well educated and financially literate BFC subforum only has a "Making fun of it" crypto thread????

Yah almost like it’s a pyramid scheme or something.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I guess lots of people probably made money during tulip mania, but it's still a risky thing to dive into. At least that's what I've told myself this past decade of laughing at BTC since it was $0.13.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rabble posted:

Yah almost like it’s a pyramid scheme or something.

Quiet you! It’s next gen money laundering, I’ll have you know, thank you very much.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So from what I understand, Robinhood and other trading apps had to limit or stop people from buying certain stocks because due to the companies business models, they can only give out so much money to selling users at a time before going bankrupt. It has nothing to do with hedge funds twisting their wrists.

Do I have this right?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.directorstalkinterviews.com/endra-life-sciences-inc.---consensus-indicates-potential-141.6-upside/412959468

ENDRA Life Sciences Inc. – Consensus Indicates Potential 141.6% Upside

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I sold my NDRA at 2.30 because I got bored of it, please don’t go up more

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
I bought more NDRA today. 141.6% upside sounds nice but not good enough!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I deposited money into Fidelity and it says I have cash available to trade but when I try to buy a thing it says I don’t have enough cash available to trade? Is this just a “wait a few days because the banking system is ancient” thing?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got some more NDRA. It’s just so cheap. I mean it’s nice in that it’s easy to actually add some volume. I know that amount of shares doesn’t matter vs super overall increase of another stock that you have less in, but eh this one seems like a shot to get volume and a potential large increase.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
C'mon NDRA, make up the absolute dick punch that was my AMC purchases

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

I deposited money into Fidelity and it says I have cash available to trade but when I try to buy a thing it says I don’t have enough cash available to trade? Is this just a “wait a few days because the banking system is ancient” thing?

They also impose limitations on buying penny stocks (ie anything less than $3).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BurntCornMuffin posted:

They also impose limitations on buying penny stocks (ie anything less than $3).

It’s actually $1. I was looking up the HCMC one earlier.

Quick question has anyone been able to transfer from RH to Fidelity and not get hit with a transfer fee from RH.

Honestly I’m fine with RH now, but I’d rather eventually move it to a real brokerage.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Quick question has anyone been able to transfer from RH to Fidelity and not get hit with a transfer fee from RH.

Honestly I’m fine with RH now, but I’d rather eventually move it to a real brokerage.

i was not charged to move to td ameritrade for whatever that's worth

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I'm in Fidelity, no charges yet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool, that’s good to know.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

This was not garbage, but the financial world it describes is pretty junky.

https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1358831319040618496

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s stock tweets so grain of salt and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Boris Galerkin posted:

I put money in my E-Trade account last week and they gave me a portion of it to spend immediately but the rest of it was available after maybe 3 days.