Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

MaxDuo posted:

Today there was this older black guy in our store, dressed up somewhat in a suit and a cowboy hat that had a big Carolina Panthers logo on it. Turns out he sells various NFL merchandise at events, and he was looking at stuff we had and buying some of it that he liked to contact the merchants or....... I dunno. He seemed like he wanted to contact the guys that made the stuff that he really liked and he bought several items for a few various teams. He was a pretty nice guy... a little needy, but good to work with. He even wrote down my name so he could tell the manager I was helpful and also do a customer comment thing on me. :unsmith:

Apparently he comes in now and then and is always really nice and pretty cool with people. When he was in line, 2 guys were asking him if he sold jerseys and he said yeah... and they exchanged phone numbers so he could help them out. The guy then finishes checking out and leaves.

An older lady comes up and starts talking to the cashier about the man. The cashier goes: "Yeah, he comes in here now and then and is a pretty nice guy. Seems to really enjoy what he does."

Old lady: "Well it's good to finally see one of those black people excited about doing work for once!"

:aaa:

Is it sad that I knew the second you said "Nice black man dressed well" that it was going to end with someone being a raging racist idiot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Wednesday and Thursday on the schedule showed me closing on the sales floor, which means recovering. I start recovering Wednesday night and my boss comes up and tells me he's going to have the closing cashier recover instead and put me on register.

Then tonight, he left a note for the closing AM that said I would be on register again and the closing cashier would again recover. So when I grab a cart and go start recovery, the AMOD bitches at me for just walking off register.

If you have an issue with my recovery, you need to loving address it with me instead of being passive about it. Oh, and that move to stocking you promised me when season starts? We're in season, motherfucker, and I'm still slinging cash.

I've loving had it. I'm having my mother put a word in with her boss at the aluminum company, then I'm going to talk to him about apprenticing in the shop so I can YOTJ the gently caress out of Dollar Tree.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
I've been at my current job for just over a year now, and in that time I've never a) had a customer speak to me so rudely, and b) spoken rudely back. Last night changed that.

A customer came up with her two children and asked me to ring through two chocolate bars, because her kids had eaten them. I, very politely, did so and asked her if next time she could please pay for them first. The customer behind her said "that was really loving rude!" and the one paying got really defensive and said she was paying for them now, so what did it matter? I told her it was store policy. The customer behind her flipped on me and started saying, "she's a paying customer, you guys do it all the time, people do it all the time," and telling me I was a rude person. She didn't look much older than me, but she started calling me sweetie and hun and saying "I work in retail, you don't treat customers like that, these are things you will learn," and I guess I got really irritated that she was treating me like I was a child and so I kept on saying "goodbye! goodbye!" until she left. I went to the back after to tell my manager (I realize I should have called her, but it happened so quickly and I was so flustered that I didn't even think of it) and she agreed with me that it was the right thing to say and that if those customers come back I should point them out.

I mean really, aside from a restaurant, there is no store that lets you eat the product before you've paid for it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Robin Sparkles posted:

I mean really, aside from a restaurant, there is no store that lets you eat the product before you've paid for it.

You were completely in the right. What's to stop someone from eating something and then stashing the wrapper in their pocket or throwing it away?

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Nocheez posted:

You were completely in the right. What's to stop someone from eating something and then stashing the wrapper in their pocket or throwing it away?

Or what if her debit card was denied when she went to pay for it? If your children are so bad that they NEED a chocolate bar while you're shopping, pay for it first. It's not my problem.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

You can't even image the number of times I've seen empty soda cans and bottles in the super market. I don't even work there and it makes me mad. Just the other day I saw an empty soda and a half eaten salad bar meal thrown behind some cans on a shelf.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I've been done with Publix for more than a month now but they still continue to gently caress me.
Not long after I quit, I applied for SNAP benefits because I wasn't able to afford groceries anymore. They approved me for one month's worth of benefits, which was really really nice, but to continue benefits, I have to provide proof of loss of income in the form of the last 4 weeks' pay stubs. It's getting close to the time when I had to get everything turned in (I've been very busy lately), so I called up Publix to ask if I could get my last four pay stubs.

"No."
"There isn't any way I can get them?"
"No."
"....nothing at all?"
"We can't give out that kind of information."

Everything was done online so I haven't had any physical paychecks since sometime last year, and since I'm no longer employed there, I can't access my information online like I could when I worked there. Also because I don't work there anymore, I can't get my pay stubs because it's personal information. :confused:

I had a very promising interview yesterday with a company that's going to start me at $12/hr, 40 hours a week, but if it falls through, I'm screwed as far as food goes.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
^^^^^^^^^
Wal marts with Delis are even worse about that. Find the boxes/cups of what ever hot food either empty or half full all around the place.

silversiren posted:

I've been done with Publix for more than a month now but they still continue to gently caress me.
Not long after I quit, I applied for SNAP benefits because I wasn't able to afford groceries anymore. They approved me for one month's worth of benefits, which was really really nice, but to continue benefits, I have to provide proof of loss of income in the form of the last 4 weeks' pay stubs. It's getting close to the time when I had to get everything turned in (I've been very busy lately), so I called up Publix to ask if I could get my last four pay stubs.

"No."
"There isn't any way I can get them?"
"No."
"....nothing at all?"
"We can't give out that kind of information."

Everything was done online so I haven't had any physical paychecks since sometime last year, and since I'm no longer employed there, I can't access my information online like I could when I worked there. Also because I don't work there anymore, I can't get my pay stubs because it's personal information. :confused:

I had a very promising interview yesterday with a company that's going to start me at $12/hr, 40 hours a week, but if it falls through, I'm screwed as far as food goes.

What about your bank records? If it was done online then your bank should have the records of deposits from so and so company. Also I would figure that by law they have to provide you with any needed tax information, sounds like they are giving you the run around. Good luck though.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Nocheez posted:

Ehh, I don't really mind when people do it too badly at our place. Then again they usually can't get candy w/o being in line anyway.

The problem is our stupid loving Coke freezer off to the side of customer service. People will come in and grab a drink, walk around drinking it, and then just leave it somewhere. I think I was told recently that we've lost over a thousand bottled drinks from that freezer so far. Why the gently caress can't we just move it where the cashier at customer service can see it or something?

Other problem is that Coke is the official sponser of our mall.... since we can't really see the machine it's hard to prove it if the person just says: "Oh I got this out in the mall rather than here."

loving sacks of poo poo.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
We hired a new person in the deli a month and a half ago. She was supposed to be a cashier but for whatever reason they put her in my dept. She's in her 60's, is eye level with the counter, and slow as poo poo. She's worked with us for over a month, still doesn't know 1/2 of the things we sell in the deli and every day that I work with her she needs to check with me which turkey/ham/cheese is which. We only have 2 oven roasted turkeys, yet she somehow doesn't know which one is which or that both are oven roasted. Some customer the other day asked for oven roasted turkey, she pointed to one, I said no, both were oven roasted. She said "well..." threw her hands up and walked away.
Being older and tiny, she can't do the lifting and stock that I can, which is fine. I don't mind filling case/cooler/freezer and doing all the other prep work that needs to be done. Usually when I work with anyone else I end up doing all of that while they watch the counter. However, if I have to constantly babysit her and stop what I'm doing to pick up her slack on even the smallest of orders, it's not helping anyone out.
She is dreadfully slow and has not improved much at all. If she was a 2 before shes a 3 now. It's gotten to where customers will let other people go ahead of them so they don't have her taking care of them. I'm pretty sure they are shorten their orders too in order to just get out of there sooner. We have a customer who always get 5 slices of American cheese, 5 slices of brick cheese, and 1/3# ham. I was able to carry stock to the back freezer, re-arrange that, stock what I had to, and make it back to the deli in time for her to finish the first 5 slices, about 3-5 minutes. She does not take extra care to stack anything neatly, in fact she does a terrible job of that then crams it all in the bag so customers get thin slices of crumbled cheese all in some mess of a pile. I haven't even bothered tackling her stacking issue because I don't know if I could handle taking that on. Her slicing thickness is all over the place. Cheese is always super thin and meats are way too thick. This all happened on Wednesday so it's definitely something she should have figured out by now. No one wants ham 1/4" thick.
She needs a lot of corrections, and she is not taking them. I will explain something to her one day, when we have to do it the next time it's like it never happened. So I have to constantly re-train her on things she should very well already know. In addition, when I correct her on things she just gets huffy and pissed off (maybe cause she's embarrassed? gently caress if I know.) It takes about 4-5 corrections for her to apply what I'm telling her to do. She never takes initiative either. If there's nothing to do she will clean, then whine there is nothing to do. But when I'm running around doing everything, she offers no help nor does she go and seek out things that need to be done. She just stands there with her hands on her hips and watches me talking about what the gently caress ever. Again, she's been here well over a month and this is not her first customer service type job. She should know by now to actively seek out things to do when I am running around and working. In fact, I know on her first day we told her that if there is nothing for her to do she should ask around and see what people tell her. I do not feel after this long that I need to tell her "J, help me out with this" or so on and so forth. The tasks she would do are regular enough that she should have a general idea of what needs done. I don't expect her to carry anything, but she could still get things ready for me to just haul away, or find something relevant in the deli to do. Stock the case, pre-slice some salami, check if we need to make au jus, beef, hams, or anything else.
The cashiers won't take her because they've heard of the hard time we're having with her, so I think she just needs to go. I don't know when/if the bosses will do so, but I hope it's soon cause I am dreading every day I have to work with her and I end up leaving so pissed off just because of how it is with her.

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 26, 2012

The General
Mar 4, 2007

When I go to walmart, I'll often open up a thing of marcaroons to eat while I wander around. Though when chided for doing it, I apologize and pay for my goods. No need to raise a scene really.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

In silversiren's case it sounded like it's explicily part of her store's policy not just being a jerk or anything.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

It's part of every store's policy. Stop it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The stuff you see in a shop doesn't belong to you until you have paid for it. Whether or not you intended to pay for it is irrelevant, if I see you opening something you haven't paid for and you aren't actually standing In the checkout line when it happens I am detaining you for shoplifting.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I remember a college class I had once where a student almost came to blows with the professor because the professor said eating food in the grocery store before paying for it was theft. The student argued that her kids were hungry and just needed a snack, grapes, crackers, etc. The professor said no, it was stealing, and the student was being a pretty poor example of motherhood by showing her kids it was okay to steal.

The student, and this was an adult woman mind you, stormed out of the class yelling that a few grapes or animal crackers weren't loving stealing.

Best part? This was a class in child development.

Until you buy it, it belongs to the store. gently caress, I see people at QT or gas stations taking a 44 oz cup, filling it up, draining half, and then refilling it again before paying. That poo poo isn't yours until the money comes down, assholes!

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Is your store one of the ones that hates firing people, and will try as hard as they can to not do it... but tries to cut hours or gives weird shifts in hopes of the person quitting? Because Bed, Bath, and Beyond loves to do that poo poo.

I've seen them want ot get rid of a person and, instead of doing so, they'll just work the person 4 hours a week when the person wants more... or maybe not have them work for 2 weeks then suddenly have them work like a 3 hour day and a 2 hour day or something stupidly lovely like that.

Edit:

Funny thing about eating produce before paying for it... most places make you buy produce by the weight. So when your kid is eating those grapes... hey rear end in a top hat you're stealing because now you won't pay for the weight of your fat gently caress's grapes.

Stupid pieces of poo poo.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
No, each dept is scheduled individually thusly, the head ups don't have power over the schedules.
The bosses do hate firing people though, they usually drag things out waaay longer than they need to be.
They don't particularly seem to like the person who I was ranting about, so I don't know why they have kept her. She has confided in me that if her hours don't go up by the holidays then she is just going to quit. I don't know if I could make it that long with her. Especially through the holidays.

I have customers who come in and regularly grab a slice or two of their order while I'm weighing it up. It doesn't usually bother me and if I have the time/like the person enough I'll usually toss another slice on there to give them the weight they had before. Some insist I price it first, but 1 slice of ham is not going to be the death of the deli. Some wait until I price it and then take their slice, which is nice. I have one customer who takes a slice or two off of everything he orders, and he orders 10+ items each time he is in. I think at that point you need to go have lunch somewhere beforehand. He used to be one of my favorite customers but he's slowly working his way down my list. He orders a lot every week so he's got this I run the store mentality because of the money he drops there.

I'll also give a slice of American cheese to kids who come in if they're crabby or extra cute :3:

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 27, 2012

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I wish I knew how to say "No, I can't come in today, I'm not at home/busy/have appointments to get to" instead of "Sure, I can be there in an hour." Maybe I just need to stop answering the phone. At least that sweet sweet overtime almost makes up for it.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Forum Hussy posted:

I wish I knew how to say "No, I can't come in today, I'm not at home/busy/have appointments to get to" instead of "Sure, I can be there in an hour." Maybe I just need to stop answering the phone. At least that sweet sweet overtime almost makes up for it.

Hey, funny, I just did that.

It's odd, when I asked the usual closer to cover my shift last night for my mother's birthday, she said there was no way she could. Lo and behold, when I came down with a massive case of the shits and called out, who covered and expects me to cover her shift tonight?

gently caress you, stop lying to me. And gently caress you too, boss, I'll see you on Tuesday.

I'm about this close to changing my availability to weekdays only and scheduled shifts only. I swear this prick is TRYING to get rid of me.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Sankis posted:

In silversiren's case it sounded like it's explicily part of her store's policy not just being a jerk or anything.

Oops that was me, but yes it is my store's policy. When this happens, I always say to the customer, very politely, please pay first next time. In my store's case, we are a very high shrink store, so while the lady was paying for that chocolate bar there are many other customers who won't. We find wrappers all over the store. The other issue is that even if she was intending to pay, if her method of payment didn't work out for whatever reason, she has committed theft. If your child needs to eat a chocolate bar while you're shopping, first of all, that's not my stores problem, and second of all, you pay for it first and then hold on to the receipt. My bottom line is, it's not yours until you've paid for it.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Next week was supposed to be a good week. Pretty much every day 4 people was scheduled instead of 3. Also it's the end of the month, one of the slowest months of the year for us. That means it's suppose to be easy!! But no...

One of our better clerks injured himself at the gym, so now he's out the whole week. :qq:

It's rare that our department has all our clerks working without someone on vacation or sick leave. Out of 6 of us, we have to use up 26 weeks of vacation a year. My boss was pretty much sick the whole loving time I've started working at the store, so it was rare enough as it is getting all clerks working the same week.

hawk989s
Feb 13, 2003

• 244 Points
  • 226 Minutes
  • 6 Overtimes
  • 2 Days
  • One for the ages
I manage a retail store in the Philly area. We are preparing for Hurricane Sandy demolishing us over the next couple of days, and I'm trying to work out with my district manager what our game plan is. We have a set of three "anchor stores" we have to call. We can only close if all three of these stores are closed. They are Staples, Best Buy, and Giant. We will see how that goes tomorrow.

I brought up the question what if we lose power? Well we have to stay open and write out hand vouchers for everyone. Did I mention I manage a music store? We sell instruments and do lessons. If the local schools are closed (they are for the next two days) we don't have lessons. Ugg just seems ridiculous.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I can't wait to see how flooded my Target is and the reasoning behind them not letting me call out. Hey fuckers, the mayor said don't loving leave the house, SEPTA (Philly public transit) is shut down and its windy as gently caress. I'm not getting stuck at Target because all the roads around here flooded out or because you won't let me leave because the conditions are too horrible outside.

I got to walk home 1 1/2 miles through 1 1/2 feet of snow during a blizzard because my store didn't close early and let us out. That was fun. And by fun I mean it sucked, except for me stopping into a bar on the way home and having a few beers to warm back up.

What I guess I should say is gently caress Target.

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down

hawk989s posted:

I manage a retail store in the Philly area. We are preparing for Hurricane Sandy demolishing us over the next couple of days, and I'm trying to work out with my district manager what our game plan is. We have a set of three "anchor stores" we have to call. We can only close if all three of these stores are closed. They are Staples, Best Buy, and Giant. We will see how that goes tomorrow.

I brought up the question what if we lose power? Well we have to stay open and write out hand vouchers for everyone. Did I mention I manage a music store? We sell instruments and do lessons. If the local schools are closed (they are for the next two days) we don't have lessons. Ugg just seems ridiculous.

The movie theatre I worked at was super overzealous about staying open when the weather was bad. We even stayed open when the mall we were attached to closed and public transit shut down. I think some higherups changed that policy after because they eased up on it. Super stupid staying open when we had like 5/10 people show up (Who the gently caress goes to the movies during a 40+ cm snowstorm?!)

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Natalya Fartz posted:

I can't wait to see how flooded my Target is and the reasoning behind them not letting me call out. Hey fuckers, the mayor said don't loving leave the house, SEPTA (Philly public transit) is shut down and its windy as gently caress. I'm not getting stuck at Target because all the roads around here flooded out or because you won't let me leave because the conditions are too horrible outside.

I got to walk home 1 1/2 miles through 1 1/2 feet of snow during a blizzard because my store didn't close early and let us out. That was fun. And by fun I mean it sucked, except for me stopping into a bar on the way home and having a few beers to warm back up.

If your mayor is saying not to leave the house then, yes, gently caress target. I'm guessing you already came to that conclusion but here's some reinforcement!

I'm in the suburbs, about an hour on a good day from philly, and it's been crazy at my store. The past two days we had everyone buying as much water as they could and non-stop lines with very late, if any, breaks for us. Thank god I had off today and didn't answer when they called. I'm not sure I could take that again.

hawk989s posted:

Ugh, that really sucks. I hope for your sake that those other stores are more sensible than your chain's bosses. Unless it's completely off (and it doesn't seem to be so far!) and Sandy fucks off back into the ocean I can't imagine you getting a bit of business tomorrow.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
So one of our clerks is out for the week. I'm covering one 8 hour shift later on in the week. My boss was supposed to cover another 8 hour shift today. It was his idea and told upper management that he'd be at the store Sunday morning along with me and my originally scheduled shift.

Well, 11:30am rolls on by with him as a no call no show. So I called his rear end up and asked if he's coming in or not. "Yea, I coming in later to help close up with the night clerk." That means 12:30pm or 1:30pm. Well... 2pm rolls by and my boss calls me, "Do you need me there?" :wtc:

After a few more exchanges of words, he said "Don't worry I'll be there." So 4:15 pm rolls on by, he's still not there. That fucker just abandoned me and the job. If something came up, he could have easily just said that he's sorry something came up. He didn't though, he kept telling me that he'd be there which prevented me once again to call around for extra help.

The upper management at the time was disappointed but not at all surprised. The frustrating part is that he'll get away with it because he wasn't scheduled that shift. It will piss off the store manager though.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Natalya Fartz posted:

Wow, you're such a terrible employee. How dare you believe that your life is more important than Target's profit and stock price. Yea you might die, but keeping the store open is the only way we will make sales for the week.

Remember this when you write out 15 Vibe cards for yourself.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I work at a mall west of Philly, and its the only mall in the drat area that hasn't announced hours for today. It looks like I'm going to have to work after all (scheduled 10-9).

The rest of the employees take public transit and the boss already said he has to stay home with his kid, so it looks like its just me. I'll take getting paid, its just irritating. Looks like I'll get a lot of reading done.

I'm lucky I woke up in time though, my wife and I got smashed thinking I wouldn't work this morning.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Avalanche posted:

Wow, you're such a terrible employee. How dare you believe that your life is more important than Target's profit and stock price. Yea you might die, but keeping the store open is the only way we will make sales for the week.

Remember this when you write out 15 Vibe cards for yourself.

Like my co-worker always tells me:

"Don't you know being dead is no excuse for missing work?"

hawk989s
Feb 13, 2003

• 244 Points
  • 226 Minutes
  • 6 Overtimes
  • 2 Days
  • One for the ages
Are there any OSHA regulations against being forced to work in a nonessential retail store without power and two windows?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

hawk989s posted:

Are there any OSHA regulations against being forced to work in a nonessential retail store without power and two windows?

I've always been told that if the fire alarm systems, lights, etc. can't function, then I wasn't allowed to work. This was at a grocery store.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
I had to say "excuse me" twice to someone yesterday while moving a cart around my aisle putting out stock, and the second time, while he was in the very middle of the aisle, he turned to me and said "WHAT. AISLE. ARE YOU GOING TO!?" and nearly spat on me in anger. What the gently caress do you think you are? All I could say was, "Sir, I am WORKING." because I was so flustered. I am apparently a magnet for assholes this week.

Life Is War
Jun 20, 2006

Shark Fiesta!
First off, this thread (and its previous incarnations) have saved me from complete mental breakdown. I tend to lurk and should probably contribute more. Well, fingers crossed (I won't believe it until the papers are signed) but I may be getting a position in the IT / Scanning department. It's still retail, but its a promotion and will get me out of the grocery grind. Oh god please go through.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
Man, I am so glad I work at a local business and don't have to deal with any of the corporate nonsense in this thread. My boss is a bit off-kilter and the lack of technology can be a bitch sometimes -- writing out price stickers by hand is the biggest pain -- but I have so much control over my work environment. I can go for food or coffee whenever I want, I can organize the back stock on my own and make my own little projects, I can upsell however and whenever I feel is appropriate, and if I told a customer to gently caress off my boss'd be 100% behind me.

The only downside I can think to my job is the concrete flooring. I'm practically falling over at the end of the day. Maybe next paycheck I'll splurge on some nice trainers.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
Unrelenting problems from my all time favorite boss. He called out sick again. Why must I be stuck with the absolute worst? At this point, I won't feel bad if we get a bad audit in our department. I can look at our supervisor with a smile and say that it's my boss's fault.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Robin Sparkles posted:

nearly spat on me in anger.

I misread this without the "nearly" part. I was going to say I'd have flipped the gently caress out on him for that!

Also......... HOLY gently caress YES. Last night was my last night of work at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. No more retail.

Funny thing though. Both managers kept trying to tell me why I should stay / how it'd be a good idea for me etc. They really don't want me to go. I kind of pity them.... they just got a rehire... who is a terrible worker. Not sure why.

And I gave them a loving 3 week notice and they haven't even hired anyone new (aside from the rehire, who can't work a lot) yet to replace me. We had someone else quit before me and they hired a guy to replace her... except he's already had 1 no call no show in less than a month.

Christmas for them may be a bit hosed.

IndenturedHobo
May 17, 2008
God, I'm new to this thread, let me try this one out.

Ladies, why are you eating in my restrooms? This isn't even stolen food, this is poo poo from Sonic and Taco Bell. Do you just hang out in there with you BFF's and pop a squat while enjoying a Baja Blast? Why is there a half a Sonic Blast sitting in the bottom of my air thin trash bag?

Those bags in the stall. The ones that are paper? Sitting in the receptacle? Where you just stuffed your used tampons and poo poo wipers? Those bags are where those go. I don't want to even THINK about touching your loving nastiness, let alone in 8 different stalls.

MEN. Keep up the good work. Your buttholes almost regularly reach the bowl and you have no use for tampons.

IndenturedHobo fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 31, 2012

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I work at a hardware store. I am one of the loaders who helps load building supplies (Concrete, Wood, Garden etc.) into customer cars amongst other odd forms of transportation (A 2x12x16 in your civic? Of course it'll fit!) Normally, the customer will go inside the store, order their product, pay at the cash and drive around to the back where we serve them. There are plenty of clear signs that point to where the customer should park so that we can service them, in front of the really large bay door. It's not mistakable, and as soon as we see you we will come and help you.

What we find irritating is when customers seem to not see the 1-2 workers approaching them and begin to honk their horn on an endless loop until we approach the car. I can't tell you how extremely annoying this can get. I get it, you want help, so do the other 7 cars back here and we can't be everywhere at once, wait your turn and we'll get to you. In fact, I just saw my co-worker tell you that it might be a minute so calm down, turn your car off and enjoy some music for a second.

I've been working here almost 2 and a half years and it still drives me up the wall how impatient people are.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
The ones that get me are the ones who just don't want to help but want it done fast. Now I understand if your not in the shape/health to help but if you are for fucks sake help me load these bricks/bags of salt/mulch into the back of your ford F550.

Thank god for forklifts for people who would let me put the entire pallet in the truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

IndenturedHobo posted:

Ladies, why are you eating in my restrooms? This isn't even stolen food, this is poo poo from Sonic and Taco Bell. Do you just hang out in there with you BFF's and pop a squat while enjoying a Baja Blast? Why is there a half a Sonic Blast sitting in the bottom of my air thin trash bag?

Whilst small boys and old men seem totally incapable of flushing away their piss, on the whole, it's in the bowl. Women, however have some bizarre habit of trying to carpet the floor with toilet paper. It's normally clean(ish), but every time a woman leaves one of our toilets there is paper EVERYWHERE. Is it 'two sheets for me, three for the floor' with each wipe or what?