Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
New MATES today :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

wulfren posted:

Not sure if has been mentioned, checked back a couple of pages and didn't see anything (checking back may not have occurred);

I've been getting allot of mileage out of:

Walking the Room:
http://www.walkingtheroom.com/
So there was some recent drama with the owners of this stuff which has coloured the last few episodes - 10 to 150ish have been good though.

It's about 2 stand ups who talk about their lives, family, crickets.
If I saw either of these men on the street I would cross the street and attempt to make awkward conversation with them before making up an important sounding reason to be somewhere else.

ThirtyFourty odd foot of pod (TOFOP).
http://www.tofop.com/
Charlie Clausen left the podcast to pursue acting in an Australian television drama and Wil Anderson (pretty much my favourite australian comedian) has been replacing him week by week with 'guest Charlies'.
This only took a few episodes to get off the ground and is very easy to listen to on long commutes.
I thoroughly recommend it.

My two favorite podcasts, TOFOP isn'f the same without Charlie though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I am waiting for the inevitable episode of Put Your HandsTogether that is just five straight interviews.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So glad to have The Judge back. His and (fellow dad) Monty's rage at non-dad trying to justify his unwillingness to get out of bed for a tornado warning by citing a study on the harmful effects of sleep-deprivation was the best.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 21, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cross-posted from the recommend podcast thread:

Is there a podcast where working TV writers talk about the craft and relevant industry news? I listen to several podcasts (Writers Bloc, Nerdist Writers Panel) that are interview-based, but I'm looking for something along the lines of John August and Craig Mazin's Script Notes.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

cross-posted from the recommend podcast thread:

Is there a podcast where working TV writers talk about the craft and relevant industry news? I listen to several podcasts (Writers Bloc, Nerdist Writers Panel) that are interview-based, but I'm looking for something along the lines of John August and Craig Mazin's Script Notes.

Not a podcast, but Jim Rash does a TV show on Sundance Channel called "The Writer's Room" that's pretty good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Blake and Katie back for the Todd Glass podcast this week :) A bit like old times.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Blake and Katie back for the Todd Glass podcast this week :) A bit like old times.

I hope Erk gets his life together soon.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
I don't know what that new episode of The K-Ohle was, but, drat, was it ever delightful.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Attended Doug Loves Movies tonight. Very different vibe from most shows, due to one of the guests, but nonetheless very enjoyable.

If you don't want to wait until the episode plops, here's a photo of the panel that one of the guests tweeted out: (SPOILERS) http://instagram.com/p/diz2utHTF_/ (SPOILERS)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It was...awkward.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was checking this pay-what-you-want videogame bundle site just now and strangely they're doing a comedy album and video special bundle instead.

https://www.humblebundle.com

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Aug 29, 2013

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

soggybagel posted:

It was...awkward.
I was all excited about PFT debuting another character too. Instead we got what sounded like a really old Michael Rooker who doesn't really know what's going on.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I was checking this pay-what-you-want videogame bundle site just now and strangely they're doing a comedy album and video special bundle instead.

If nothing else, you should get this deal so you can watch Maria Bamford's special and hear how crazy spot-on her impression of her mom turns out to be at the end. Now I really want to listen to her sister talk.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Greggy posted:

Now I really want to listen to her sister talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0LfCw4f7C8

Here's a video of Maria's sister and another woman teaching Maria and Jackie Kashian about decorating. Maria's impression is pretty accurate.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I bought this, bit it want's me to download with bitorent, what's a good client to use these days?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Sandweed posted:

I bought this, bit it want's me to download with bitorent, what's a good client to use these days?

uTorrent is probably the most popular, but a lot of the big names from the heydays of torrents are still around

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I saw Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter started a podcast called Topics. I listened to the first two episodes and it wasn't good at all. I like both of them so I was disappointed it wasn't better. Does anyone know if it gets any better and would recommend listening to some of the more recent episodes?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but Rapidly Going Deaf doesn't seem to be listed as an option in the forums search.

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

I saw Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter started a podcast called Topics. I listened to the first two episodes and it wasn't good at all. I like both of them so I was disappointed it wasn't better. Does anyone know if it gets any better and would recommend listening to some of the more recent episodes?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but Rapidly Going Deaf doesn't seem to be listed as an option in the forums search.

I've listened to like 4 episodes and it hasn't really gotten that much better. The humor seems to come from them trying to imitate really serious NPR reporters but sounding like idiots at the same time, but it just doesn't really do anything for me as well. I'm a huge fan of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, and those two but it's not that great.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Huh, apparently Matt Gourley (of Superego) has taken his James Bond obsession and turned it into a podcast with Matt Mira. The premise is they bring in guests (comedians from what I can tell) and talk about a particular Bond movie each episode.

Adding an additional guest gives me hope it's more a comedy podcast than an obsessive critique. Gourley is hilarious, and I'd hate to see something pull him away from Superego isn't intended to be funny.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

While people are talking about Michael Showalter, is there any way to watch old episodes of The Michael Showalter Showalter with Super Deluxe gone from the internet?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

YES, James Adomian is back on The Todd Glass Show! I wish every guest could be James Adomian, PFT, Jen Kirkman and/or Chelsea Peretti. Greg Proops and Pete Holmes were great too.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

YES, James Adomian is back on The Todd Glass Show! I wish every guest could be James Adomian, PFT, Jen Kirkman and/or Chelsea Peretti. Greg Proops and Pete Holmes were great too.

And Daniel Kinno is in next week :toot:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week's Walking the Room was great. Greg had two fantastic stories, one about being on the Today show and one about the cops showing up at his house.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

And Daniel Kinno is in next week :toot:

We need Rory Scovel.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah everyone go listen to last week's Todd Glass Show with James Adomian because it's the best thing ever. His other appearances on the show are amazing too. I guess some people might see this as a drawback but something I've always loved about Todd's podcast is that he's fine with recording for like 2-3+ hours instead of just restricting it to an hour.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Just a small note but iTunes has unlisted & removed Lou Reads the Internet for YOU! for unknown reasons (possibly obscenity in the titles although my podcast is labeled explicit). Its just gone. I'm trying to find out what happened but from what I've read if i want to keep the podcast up I have to resubmit under a different name.

Looks like my original source for info on my banning was wrong in his guess and it was his 2nd guess, a lovely host doing a lovely job with my feed got the site removed. It should be back in 24 hours. UGH... back to comedy chat...

When it comes back I did an episode about Men's Rights that people seem to be enjoying when they get to the site that is....

You can find it here if you don't want to wait. Or here http://loureads.tumblr.com/ I would link to the blog but the whole thing has been so unreliable I don't want to waste peoples time.

King Lou fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 22, 2013

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah everyone go listen to last week's Todd Glass Show with James Adomian because it's the best thing ever. His other appearances on the show are amazing too. I guess some people might see this as a drawback but something I've always loved about Todd's podcast is that he's fine with recording for like 2-3+ hours instead of just restricting it to an hour.
It's one of the very few podcasts that I enjoy for a full 3:30. Most long podcasts start cutting into time that I'd like to have music on, or start piling up in a backlog.

Politicalrancor posted:

We need Rory Scovel.

Also this + Jen Kirkman

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey! Play PFT at You Don't Know Jack.
http://apps.facebook.com/youdontknowjackgame

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Matt Mira and Matt Gourley's podcast James Bonding has a great bit just over an hour in to the 'Dr. No' episode where they all talk like Sean Connery.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

The ending of the latest Bone Zone (#90) is transcendent.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Man, I had high hopes for Eban Schletter's Fantasical Musicorium, since he's so great on the Pod F Tompkast, but just... bleh. The first episode is literally "Here's a bunch of generic library music I cooked up literally overnight that I expect to be compelling for some reason." The second episode was... better, I guess? Still, don't think I'll bother listening to the third.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

RightClickSaveAs posted:

The ending of the latest Bone Zone (#90) is transcendent.
Yeah, I was initially bummed with the loss of Davey (still not entirely sure why that happened) since just Brendon and Randy isn't the same but episodes like this (and ones featuring Pemberton) have definitely helped me cope. :)

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I'm trying to find a moment from an old episode of Judge John Hodgman. It was about a couple getting married, or renewing their vows, or specifically not getting married but affirming their commitment to each other. At some point, John Hodgman said something very eloquent about the importance of such an event, and about how he would watch them do that whether it was part of a fancy wedding or in their back yard. Anyone know what episode that was in?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hahah, the Bone Zone just keeps coming with the heat. That phone sex call at the end of the latest episode (#91). "We'll flip a coin for it. Get your change jar." "We both just gaz'd"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

A New Dana Gould hour was posted today.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

LA Podfest made a deal with Dailymotion and they're streaming a bunch of the podcasts happening this weekend. Maron is live right now here: http://www.dailymotion.com/lapodfest#video=x14wjg1

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

The Berzerker posted:

LA Podfest made a deal with Dailymotion and they're streaming a bunch of the podcasts happening this weekend. Maron is live right now here: http://www.dailymotion.com/lapodfest#video=x14wjg1

The Berzerker posted:

I'm at the festival, and Maron was great live. Missed the second round of shows, and now I'm checking out "This Feels Terrible," which I've never heard of, but don't want to check out redban's podcast.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The Dana Gould Hour from LA Podfest owned. Jonah Ray was great, as was the brief glimpse into Dana's divorced life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Looks like the Dead Authors Podcast is starting up again!

A new one drops on the 15th, with Jeremy Carter from Superego as Joseph Campbell

• Locked thread