Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Worth every cent. I lol'd at SAD GUN MEN

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I've never bought a webcomic thing this quickly or been happier with the purchase.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
loving incredible

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-830/

Big Steve is in the house.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For the record, by favorite part is where Nightmare Knight tries to be all intimidating for a panel and Peridot fails to notice.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Wow. I honestly expected the Nightmare Knight to actually be shocked by that truth bomb.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I'm so confused
so they're both Steve?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

smug n stuff posted:

I'm so confused
so they're both Steve?

Well if the other guy is indeed a bit of NK that was split off, it only makes sense that they'd have the same name.

But who knows

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think is likely that Steve is specifically the other guy, but neither Peridot or anyone besides Besty knows who that is, so KN would rather just keep the deception going.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Another possibility: Steve was NK's original name, and the Other Guy is like his cast-off humanity, so that's why it calls itself that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Another possibility: Steve was NK's original name, and the Other Guy is like his cast-off humanity, so that's why it calls itself that.

I'm pretty sure that's what I said

Unless you mean that NK abandoned the name Steve when Steve split off... :aaaaa:

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So you're suggesting that NK, was something, a human/bunny/whatever, before being the Nightmare Knight, and that person was called Steve?
that's interesting

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Peridot is calling him Steve because Besty mentioned the name Steve. When Besty used the name Steve, he was definitely referring to the leggy toothy guy that nobody knew existed at the time. Cordelia, Peridot and the heroes mistakenly thought Besty was referring to NK. NK is surprised to hear the name Steve mentioned, and he happens to phrase that in a way that doesn't dispel Peridot's confusion (or some of the audience's, apparently). NK then realizes that Besty probably talked about Steve.

Any of your crazy theories might turn out to be true in addition, but this page is perfectly well explained by what we've already seen.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I never got Lets Plays - outside of stuff like Boatmurdered and Princess Maker 2 and Wall Street Kid. Y'know, mockeries done well.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Depends on the LP. Personally I can't stand the "HEY GUYS HERE'S SOME MEEEEEEEEEMS" kind of LP that Noisemaster mentioned, but I really really like informative LPs (which show off the game to the maximum extent possible) and... I don't really know how to call them, the kind of LP where two or more people just play the game while bantering with each other. I could put together a list of LPs I enjoyed if you'd like.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mikl posted:

Depends on the LP. Personally I can't stand the "HEY GUYS HERE'S SOME MEEEEEEEEEMS" kind of LP that Noisemaster mentioned, but I really really like informative LPs (which show off the game to the maximum extent possible) and... I don't really know how to call them, the kind of LP where two or more people just play the game while bantering with each other. I could put together a list of LPs I enjoyed if you'd like.
Yeah, the kinds of LP where it's really more a personality show featuring games than an LP proper. (See: Game Grumps.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The super best friends do my favorite banter LPs. The ones where they play truly garbage games like ride to hell retribution are the best, when they can just tear apart a game or completely lose it at how broken it is.

Chip cheezum does the best informative LPs. His metal gear revengeance and wonderful 101 runs where he just bodies them while showing off the secrets/superbosses or whatever and also adds insightful commentary with good video editing is the best, especially because his copilot is going in blind on both.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gigi borrowing from the Zack Snyder writing school, I see.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Captain Invictus posted:

The super best friends do my favorite banter LPs. The ones where they play truly garbage games like ride to hell retribution are the best, when they can just tear apart a game or completely lose it at how broken it is.

Chip cheezum does the best informative LPs. His metal gear revengeance and wonderful 101 runs where he just bodies them while showing off the secrets/superbosses or whatever and also adds insightful commentary with good video editing is the best, especially because his copilot is going in blind on both.

Second on both. Super Best Friends (Sw1tcher) have some really good chemistry for just talking about weird poo poo in games or just weird poo poo in general while they play over something like Yakuza 0 or one of their Fisticuffs videos. Chip Cheezum does really, really good informative plays. They did one recently of Uncharted 4 where they point out the small details of the game that help make it into this grand setpiece. Their 'Metal Gear Rising' playthrough is also amazing, mainly because CC is just super, super good at the game and General Ironicus (his co-pilot for his LPs) is just so excited to see the Metal Gear Ray get cut in half.

There's some other ones out there I enjoy, but those two are really, really good if you're looking to get into watching something to waste some time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
The best LP is objectively Kaubocks and Panzerskank's Saint's Row 2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mikl posted:

I'm a big fan of semi-mindless banter LPs too so I can contribute to this derail if anyone else wants to give realizing that they share the same tastes as someone with an anime avatar.

Lum rules.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Samovar posted:

The best LP is objectively Kaubocks and Panzerskank's Saint's Row 2.

Geop's Wind Waker HD LP with Vicas, Kuvo, and Panzerskank is also good. Then the bloomin onion for charity stuff happened (along with someone modelling and importing one into windwaker HD for a joke). I think this may also be the one where Kuvo made a very dumb VN game but I'm not sure. Might have been a different LP.

What I'm saying is that stupid hilarious stuff can happen when Kuvo gets drunk (which is all the time)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-832/

Tonight on Punisher Pumice

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Like what, bacon-back ribs?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

Like what, bacon-back ribs?
Bacon excelling in the TV acting business is still one of the most :3: things in this comic. And there's a lot of :3: things in this comic.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

There was a fairly recent "PYF your favorite LP", which I'll link despite it recommending against my LPs in the very first post.

Good place to check LP recommendations or to recommend your own.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Of course the dark, mysterious transfer student is secretly a bad guy. Of course.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Bacon excelling in the TV acting business is still one of the most :3: things in this comic. And there's a lot of :3: things in this comic.

Wait, wasn't Punisher a thing before his debut at Legatos?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

Wait, wasn't Punisher a thing before his debut at Legatos?

He's not playing Pumice. He's playing Pancetta who is a new transfer to Pumice's highschool.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Can't wait to see what happens when it turns out this is being filmed live and pumice realises she has the wrong wand.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

fractalairduct posted:

Can't wait to see what happens when it turns out this is being filmed live and pumice realises she has the wrong wand.

It's gonna be tragic when Pancetta gets a drain plug blasted through her by Pumice

life_source
May 11, 2008

Wait, wasn't this the backstory of Link to the Past?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Talk about ripped from the headlines.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe Bacon is loving dead.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I think it was the second villain of Sailor Moon? Nephrite?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't believe Bacon is loving dead.

I mean, by definition...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Like the plot to Kingdom Hearts wasn't dumb enough.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh my God :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

"you what"