Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The scientist woman's confession is delayed until you get close to the church, so even without the Morgue start it's possible to run straight down to the church and be in a position to intercept her even on Professional. I believe she will eventually trigger as I've seen her return to the lab before despite never having been over that way, but it takes forever.

Incidentally, the water bottle in the area between the break room building and the main research building, on the little folding table, is hers. If you wanted to design the most boring and annoying contract ever I suppose you could do a Consumed Poison kill for her. Don't actually do this (unless you come up with some genius way to make her go back to the lab quickly, I guess).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Nakar posted:

If you wanted to design the most boring and annoying contract ever

bwahahaha

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I'm way ahead of you but I need to experiment with a few more things. There's at least one more agonizing timer-based NPC, possibly two. The last piece of the puzzle involves a wine glass I can't ever seem to make anyone drink from.

EDIT: Not the worst imaginable but pretty drat close:

This Contract is Terrible (Sapienza-PC): 1-03-1089282-02
An attempt to make the worst contract possible. This isn't as bad as it could be due to the lack of annoying disguise restrictions and the fact that there are only 3 targets instead of 5, but my conscience stopped me somewhere along the line and I lack the hate in my soul to go that far. Whoever does so has the right to name their contract The Worst Contract Ever; I couldn't bring myself to claim such a thing.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 24, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Who's target 3?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Looks like the guy trying out for the part of Gartner number 3 in the new Hitman pantomime.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Wow, Sapienza owns this place seems as big as Prague from DXMD but, way more detailed and more full interesting things.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Nakar posted:

Is there even an Electrocution in Sapienza besides the lemon tree?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nope!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

I'm way ahead of you but I need to experiment with a few more things. There's at least one more agonizing timer-based NPC, possibly two. The last piece of the puzzle involves a wine glass I can't ever seem to make anyone drink from.

EDIT: Not the worst imaginable but pretty drat close:

An attempt to make the worst contract possible. This isn't as bad as it could be due to the lack of annoying disguise restrictions and the fact that there are only 3 targets instead of 5, but my conscience stopped me somewhere along the line and I lack the hate in my soul to go that far. Whoever does so has the right to name their contract The Worst Contract Ever; I couldn't bring myself to claim such a thing.

submit this to IO so it becomes featured

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
so I'm coming back to the game for the first time since the professional update came out and man I suck rear end.

I was hoping they'd have announced S2 by now, maybe they're waiting for E3? Anyway, I'm bad but its still fun.

Aug 24, 2011

i literally scan entire levels to find poo poo like this, enjoy

1-05-3149765-95

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

where the red fern gropes posted:

1-05-3149765-95

Lmao that description

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

where the red fern gropes posted:

1-05-3149765-95

This was a fun challenge - felt good to boot up Hitman and do a short thing. Now, I'm not a score hunter so I didn't do this cleanly, but it works as a sniping challenge, even if you need to use the tower spot to actually hit one of the targets.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah Romeo's a bit of a bitch, but good find nonetheless.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Carbon Thief posted:

Is Codename 47 worth sticking with? I'd been playing a bit after finishing the other ones, but it seems like a frustrating step back and very difficult. Right now I'm stuck on the Lee Hong assassination, trying to follow Lei Ling around.

Codename 47 hasn't aged very well, and Contracts has some of the C47 levels remade.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
So that is what mario and luigi do on their days off:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

So that is what mario and luigi do on their days off:

tomb raidin'?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Carbon Thief posted:

I've avoided any sort of spoilers for this game, but I have to ask, is Agent Smith in this one? I love that idiot and his ability to get into calam...ami...trouble. :3:

Yes. I would say at least finish the Lee Hong assassination as long as you're already playing. That's the best level of Hitman 1 so the game goes downhill from there.

Aug 24, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yes. I would say at least finish the Lee Hong assassination as long as you're already playing. That's the best level of Hitman 1 so the game goes downhill from there.

seconding this, i strongly suggest you actually stop after completing lee hong assassination and just watch a video for the rest. the subsequent levels are extremely hard and unforgiving, and not in a fun/good way

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Finally got the full game after getting a computer that can actually run it and hooooly poo poo Sapienza is massive. Got both targets down but can't figure out how to get to the lab, I think I picked up a key in Silvio's room but it won't let me in the basement.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

StashAugustine posted:

Finally got the full game after getting a computer that can actually run it and hooooly poo poo Sapienza is massive. Got both targets down but can't figure out how to get to the lab, I think I picked up a key in Silvio's room but it won't let me in the basement.

There are three entrances that use that keycard - one of them is through the shed in the backyard near where Silvio practices golf (you'll need a scientist disguise for this and you'll get frisked), one of them can be found by taking the stairs down in the same building as Silvio's observatory and Francesa's bedroom, and the other's kind of along the beach, on the rocks.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Besides those entrances, there are at least a couple other ways into the lab, and you can also use a different kind of keycard to get in :psyboom:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like using the bag of gunpowder in the observatory building to blow the door to the lab. Explosions are kind of like keycards if you think about it.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 26, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Besides those entrances, there are at least a couple other ways into the lab, and you can also use a different kind of keycard to get in :psyboom:

What do you mean? Different kind of keycard?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The disposable scrambler? That's all I've got. :shrug:

Dr Cheeto posted:

I like using the bag of gunpowder in the observatory building to blow the door to the lab. Explosions are kind of like keycards if you think about it.

Explosions are my preferred way of getting in. There's a wall that's not put together properly in the tunnels near the pier that crumbles to any explosion. Grab the golf ball from the ICA safe house and you're golden!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ChaosArgate posted:

Explosions are my preferred way of getting in. There's a wall that's not put together properly in the tunnels near the pier that crumbles to any explosion. Grab the golf ball from the ICA safe house and you're golden!

Oh you can just pop that thing in front of doors and walls and shoot it? I've never used it for anything beyond the obvious assassination opportunity.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh you can just pop that thing in front of doors and walls and shoot it? I've never used it for anything beyond the obvious assassination opportunity.
It explodes if you throw it and therefore it probably explodes at your feet if you drop it. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think you can just set it down, but if you're gonna make it explode, you're better off just throwing it at a door or a wall.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Yea, "keycard". Like the golf-ball in the ICA safehouse. Or all those fire extinguishers.

At least one of the "doors" requires one of these alternate keycards.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Decided to try out some Suit Only + Default Equipment runs, plus Fiber Wire Only when I can swing it. Some of the results:

Cleaning Job at Lab Field Entrance (SA/SO/DE/FW)
Whelp, Killed the Door Girls (SA/SO/DE)
Smoking Kills (SA/SO/DE/FW)
Unhygienic (SA/SO/DE/FW)

Commented except the last one as it's pretty straightforward and really long. That one's a Hitmanforum community contract so it's not quite designed for these restrictions but it still plays just fine without them. While puzzles and gimmicks are funny a good Any Method/Any Disguise contract is more fun 90% of the time, in part because you can do stuff like this.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Nakar posted:

Decided to try out some Suit Only + Default Equipment runs, plus Fiber Wire Only when I can swing it. Some of the results:

Cleaning Job at Lab Field Entrance (SA/SO/DE/FW)
Whelp, Killed the Door Girls (SA/SO/DE)
Smoking Kills (SA/SO/DE/FW)
Unhygienic (SA/SO/DE/FW)

Commented except the last one as it's pretty straightforward and really long. That one's a Hitmanforum community contract so it's not quite designed for these restrictions but it still plays just fine without them. While puzzles and gimmicks are funny a good Any Method/Any Disguise contract is more fun 90% of the time, in part because you can do stuff like this.

You might know. Is Bangkok SA/SO/DE/FW/Pro even possible with no knockouts from default starting location? It's the only one I don't have so far. I know you can ice Cross in the booth but his body is eventually found in there and I don't see it possible to hide it; it's tough enough to kite away people to have enough time to kill him. And Morgan just seems impossible unless you can poison something and make him go to a toilet which I wasn't able to do.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 27, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

dex_sda posted:

You might know. Is Bangkok SA/SO/DE/FW/Pro even possible with no knockouts from default starting location? It's the only one I don't have so far. I know you can ice Cross in the booth but his body is eventually found in there and I don't see it possible to hide it; it's tough enough to kite away people to have enough time to kill him. And Morgan just seems impossible unless you can poison something and make him go to a toilet which I wasn't able to do.

You can pull Cross into the bathroom and have time to hide his body with a perfectly timed noise. Morgan, though, I'm pretty dubious of.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

dex_sda posted:

You should be able to get Morgan suit only/no knockouts using the coconuts. Start at the default, emetic the buffet food he tries, and then shoot the coconuts in the lobby from the stairs behind the bar when he walks under them.

Not sure about Cross though.

vvvv Oh whoops my bad, missed the fibre wire bit

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 27, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Are there any set ups where you can drop a chandelier on Morgan in that run?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

You should be able to get Morgan suit only/no knockouts using the coconuts. Start at the default, emetic the buffet food he tries, and then shoot the coconuts in the lobby from the stairs behind the bar when he walks under them.

Not sure about Cross though.

Coconuts might have a fibrous shell, but they aren't fiber wire.

I got SA/SO no knockouts pretty easily with two poisonings, but it's a paltry immitation of slowly choking the life out of someone with a piece of string. :black101:

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 27, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

My best guess for Morgan might be to
1. emetic his bodyguard's drink, then
2. trigger a fire alarm and catch him in transit, coming or going.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

just dunk a chandelier on morgan first chance you get. IIRC if you beeline for the first floor of the restaurant the bodyguard will be outside of the splash damage.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
While he's over in his cabana thing it might be possible, after getting rid of his guard somehow, to wire him and dump him over the railing unseen. There's fewer sightlines there than you'd figure but also more than you'd like.

For Cross, it might actually be easier to get him upstairs (lure him into Heidi's room or play the recording). Alternately, do the cake topper and wire him instead of smothering him. There's plenty of boxes to hide him in.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

My best guess for Morgan might be to
1. emetic his bodyguard's drink, then
2. trigger a fire alarm and catch him in transit, coming or going.

Now we're cooking with gas. I didn't think of tripping the fire alarm. There still might not be a place where you can fiber wire him but that's a good shout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Nakar posted:

While he's over in his cabana thing it might be possible, after getting rid of his guard somehow, to wire him and dump him over the railing unseen. There's fewer sightlines there than you'd figure but also more than you'd like.

For Cross, it might actually be easier to get him upstairs (lure him into Heidi's room or play the recording). Alternately, do the cake topper and wire him instead of smothering him. There's plenty of boxes to hide him in.

I don't think cabana is possible on Pro, just too many extra pairs of eyes placed in ways that impede you. That was probably the 'go-to' method on Normal so IO basically removed it. :(

Good idea on Cross. Less sexy than a kill in the booth but I like it. The guards are placed to make getting upstairs tough but I'm sure it's possible (and on Normal that was what I did, kill him in Heidi's room), I just got disheartened because I couldn't figure Morgan out at all.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 27, 2017