Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Or fix the mixtape list to queue all game modes. Except pilot versus pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Stan Taylor posted:

I've had games where i didnt even notice a huge comeback happening. I wish they had an option for a notification when a team is halfway to victory or had 20 points left etc etc. Everything else is so in your face I forget to keep an eye on the scoreboard.

At 350 the whole team needs to be concentrating on killing the other team's reapers. Simple as that.

The mistake that teams make is they overextend in titan vs titan in the last 2 minutes of the match and then lose 3 or 4 titans all at once, like 60 points all at once. It's inexcusable when you can kill 3 or 4 reapers with zero danger as a titan.

Also, if you want to kill reapers as a pilot you should be using the Archer since it's piss easy.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Also, if you want to kill reapers as a pilot you should be using the Archer since it's piss easy.

How many shots does it take?

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Ularg posted:

Not sure if sarcasm but I was in the middle of killing a Reaper.

No, it's just that even though I look for minion kills, sometimes I'll skip a grunt or two to avoid detection or because I'm wildly expecting an enemy to pop up soon, and it would drive me crazy if that 1 point ended up making the difference.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wazzit posted:

How many shots does it take?

Under 3 full shots, like 2 and some hipfire.

An Archer with fast reload and extra ammo is a damage factory.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Ineffiable posted:

Or fix the mixtape list to queue all game modes. Except pilot versus pilot.

Queueing for multiple modes of your choice makes Mixtape obsolete, especially if you could save your preferences for your own personal "Mixtape" (which actually fits the nomenclature, too)

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I keep fighting people who can zip around the map super fast and shoot like Lazer pointers without ever missing a shot or skipping a beat. Also there impossible to hit and always seem to know we're everyone is. I don't know if there cheating or just that good but it really makes me feel like not playing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Get in a titan and punch them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I keep fighting people who can zip around the map super fast and shoot like Lazer pointers without ever missing a shot or skipping a beat. Also there impossible to hit and always seem to know we're everyone is. I don't know if there cheating or just that good but it really makes me feel like not playing.

Trying to be constructive: play during prime time as much as possible. There is a skill component to their matchmaking but it gets weaker the longer you wait. It also does pretty badly with parties. So stack the odds in your favor as much as possible - play when there's lots of people on so the game can make a good match.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Inspired by Wazzit:

And this one is just funny. I hit Y accidentally and then panicked, and I have no idea how this guy didn't kill me:

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

what would u recomend for multiplayer on ps4, titanfall or bf ? i'm biased towards titanfall read lots of good stuff, while my brother more inclined to bf1 :/

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Battery Boost with Overcore on a Tone is kinda OP as poo poo.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Denis posted:

what would u recomend for multiplayer on ps4, titanfall or bf ? i'm biased towards titanfall read lots of good stuff, while my brother more inclined to bf1 :/

Get both. Bf1 has the most players, like almost ten times titanfall if you can only get one, get titanfall 2 now and enjoy it while it's still kind of healthy on ps4.

It's also incredibly rewarding for skilled play.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think I'm the only one that views Battlefield as more of a PC game than a console one. But man if I had the money I'd have it on both cause laid back controller play for life.

(hey if anyone here tries to invite me to something just send a message saying you're a goon. I think I've accidentally accepted friend requests from a lot of pubbies that don't have messages attach with their request)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Denis posted:

Here in the Titanfall 2 thread, where we talk about how great Titanfall 2 is, I'm going to recommend Titanfall 2.

They're both FPS's but other than that very different games? If Battlefield games are your jam, get that one. If you want something faster (better) get Titanfall.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've been playing on mute almost this whole time because of babyfall, but i just put some headphones on this morning and found out Ronin has a British accent. He even said "A friendly titan has bean destroyed. An unfortunate loss." I like the Jarvis vibe I got but I still want the voice to be Kriegers hologram princess from Archer (she should also be on a cockpit screen down in the corner reacting to you or acting out what you're doing).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Denis posted:

All my friends that bought Battlefield at launch liked it but have already stopped playing, at least until they release more DLC.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

I've been playing on mute almost this whole time because of babyfall, but i just put some headphones on this morning and found out Ronin has a British accent. He even said "A friendly titan has bean destroyed. An unfortunate loss." I like the Jarvis vibe I got but I still want the voice to be Kriegers hologram princess from Archer (she should also be on a cockpit screen down in the corner reacting to you or acting out what you're doing).

I've literally never gotten anybody being lovely on voice but it's kind of annoying when you get that guy who's shouting orders to everyone on the team while ending the match with 50 points. I've gotten exactly 1 match where the guy making all the noise was at least with 2 other people from his private network, but other than that it's always 5 pubbies and one of them is magically trying to coordinate everyone, except that coordination is usually along the lines of "everyone come kill this guy camping the radio tower"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Turns out a lot of these Bad Maps like Trash Site and Complex have big-time Grapple shortcuts in them.

https://clips.twitch.tv/itsethereal/PoorBeaverShazBotstix

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

I've literally never gotten anybody being lovely on voice but it's kind of annoying when you get that guy who's shouting orders to everyone on the team while ending the match with 50 points. I've gotten exactly 1 match where the guy making all the noise was at least with 2 other people from his private network, but other than that it's always 5 pubbies and one of them is magically trying to coordinate everyone, except that coordination is usually along the lines of "everyone come kill this guy camping the radio tower"

That's more than i ever get out of them. Even with the sound off so i can Spotify, my PS4 gives me voice chat and when i forget to mute people individually it's only ever the most vile sinus clearing noises imaginable punctuated by the occasional "-ucking rear end in a top hat i wasn't ev--".

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

That's more than i ever get out of them. Even with the sound off so i can Spotify, my PS4 gives me voice chat and when i forget to mute people individually it's only ever the most vile sinus clearing noises imaginable punctuated by the occasional "-ucking rear end in a top hat i wasn't ev--".

I'm almost afraid to use Discord voice because I don't want to subject fellow goons to hearing me curse every time I get meleed (also nobody wants to hear me ripping bongs mid-match :v:)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
New content being announced in a little over an hour.

https://twitter.com/titanfallgame/status/819948082670530560

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Denis posted:

BF1 is kinda fun, whereas Titanfall 2 is amazingly fun. Therefore, you should get Titanfall 2.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Inspector Hound posted:

Join your own private party, set it to invite only, bingo. You'll never hear another player again and no one can bother you.

Edit: Also Grapple play is evolving incredibly quickly.

https://gfycat.com/SomeWelllitCurlew

https://gfycat.com/ScratchyPassionateDarklingbeetle

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 13, 2017

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Denis posted:

From the beta for Battlefield 1 it felt more like Battlefront then the previous battlefield games (shooting from the hip seems much much more effective, at least in the beta), felt different from battlefield 4 anyways, it was fun though. But since I already had Battlefront and I hadn't touched it in awhile (gently caress spending more on the price of the game for the bs season pass) I got Titanfall 2. Titanfall 1 on the 360 was amazing and I had alot of fun playing it. It had so many free updates and content and continued to improve it self, even when it numbers dwindled. Seems its the same case for Titanfall 2, even though the game isn't that old, the sad truth is there is probably more people playing Modern Warfare 3 on the 360.

That being said, Titanfall 2 is a really unique game and I find its repeated comparisons to COD games annoying as I couldn't stand those games. The campaign is great and has some of the best multiplayer and by far the most frantic and fast paced. While the numbers online aren't as great as Battlefield 1 there is still enough players to find matches. Battlefield 1 will have a longer shelf life but you will have more fun playing Titanfall 2.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Denis posted:

Titanfall 2 is the most fun I've had in a shooter since UT2k4 and I've played a lot of Battlefield in the intervening years (not 1 though).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

soggybagel posted:

Get your devotion and A wall jollies out while you can.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

soggybagel posted:

This reminds me a lot of how Halo Forge maps looked like. You remember that Foundry map that was blank and you can just make whatever you wanted?

Holy poo poo if Titanfall gets a map editor for private lobbies...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo. That's a good point. I was gonna say that map is ugly as hell but that would be awesome and I think you are on to something.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
My devotion is only at 5.19!!!!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It would be kinda cool if they brought back Wargames (the VR map) but also used the idea of VR fighting to allow you to run your own user-created maps.

Edit: "welcome to live fire" but the server gives a 500 error! Quack no!!!

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 13, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh wow so they're gonna let us make our own mixtape and queue for multiple modes at the same time

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

How do you know this??!?!?! Nothing but 500 errors for me...

edit: from reddit, seems genuine:

quote:

Hello Pilots—Jay here. Happy New Year! Last year we said that we were committed to supporting Titanfall 2 for the long haul and this journey began with the release of Angel City’s Most Wanted and we’re just getting started. We have many things in the works for Titanfall 2 players in 2017 and today we’re excited to reveal what’s next. In our next content drop coming soon, we’ll be introducing a brand-new mode called Live Fire: a lightning fast 6v6 Pilot only mode that brings competitive, close quarter combat to the forefront. A round-based best of 5 mode with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. It’s fast, frantic, and sure to help hone those teamwork and mobility skills. We’re also introducing two brand new maps designed specifically for Live Fire: Stacks and Meadow. Playable only in the Live Fire playlist, these two maps are tight, enclosed death boxes designed specifically for the fast-paced, intense nature of the mode.

In addition to Live Fire and the two new dedicated maps for that mode, we’re also going to be introducing a brand-new Coliseum map called Columns, as well as another Pilot execution (wait until you see this one!), and multiple new Commander intros for each Faction. We’ll have more details on when you’ll be getting your hands on this soon and everything in this update will be free for all Titanfall 2 players. We’ve also been working on a significant update to our playlist interface. We agree with much of the feedback that having game modes split between two screens is not an ideal user experience. The team has been working to introduce a brand new interface for the next content drop on consoles and possibly a bit earlier on PC so we can test it out. Below you can check out our work in progress to give you an idea how it will change. Our goal is to allow players to create their own ‘mixtapes’ and choose which modes they want to be matched in. Would you like to match in just Attrition, Amped Hardpoint, and Last Titan Standing? Simply select the modes you want and hit play. We’ll talk more about this and more in the coming weeks.

Everything else is still highly classified, but hopefully you are starting to get a sense at how we’re planning to support Titanfall 2 post-launch. Soon we will reveal our roadmap for the next couple months that will have more maps [including remasters of more maps from Titanfall], weapons, modes, and more. Stay tuned to @titanfallgame for updates, this is going to be an exciting year for Titanfall 2. Thanks for your support!

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 13, 2017

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-12/

The mixtape/playlist changes sound great but another pilots-only mode is lame as hell.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Most important change of all

quote:

and multiple new Commander intros for each Faction.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Eyud posted:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-12/

The mixtape/playlist changes sound great but another pilots-only mode is lame as hell.

I don't know, the main problem with Pilots V Pilots, other than the lack of titans, is that the maps are too drat big for it. So having a smaller more focused PVP mode seems like it'll be fine for all 60 of the people who want to play PVP.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
They basically added Search & Destroy and the 2 new maps are exclusive to it? :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Not gonna lie - was hoping they would introduce the Spyglass faction.

Anyway, this is a good patch, and will hopefully juice the lesser-played modes. They are Doing The Queueing right, hooray.

As for Live Fire, it seems like an attempt at making an E-Sports segment of the game so I wish them the best on that.

Edit: there's going to be more Titanfall 1 maps, which is extremely good IMO.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
A tad underwhelmed with this but I'm optimistic. They know their playlist functionality kind of sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Picking multiple game types and queuing for those sounds really nice!