Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yes, that one quote taken out of context is a clear indicator that a beloved filmmaker rapes children. No giant leaps or assumptions are being made there at all. You should get this info right to the proper authorities so no one else is harmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Thank God someone has finally outed Spielberg, finally the children of Amity can rest easy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lucas also had Starkiller loving a 15 year old maid in a closet in his original Star Wars script. I think he's just a creepy goon though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

kaworu posted:

OK, so as probably most of you know, Corey Feldman is always talking about "Big Hollywood guys" who were pedophiles, who abused him (and apparently Corey Haim) when they were kids. And Feldman states that this guy is huge in Hollywood, and Feldman could never name him because nobody would believe and he'd be destroyed publicly/die mysteriously/whatever conspiracy nonsense.

I don't really find pedophiles in Hollywood even remotely hard to believe, especially given guys like Victor Salvo who went to massive careers AFTER serving time for sodomizing the 12-year-old star of his horror film about clowns and filming it :gonk: Obviously Hollywood has some loving issues, given that Francis Ford Coppola was one of the guys who gave Salvo another chance as I recall. By the way, you can easily google 'Victor Salvo' or 'Corey Feldman' or whatever and find articles about all this stuff so I'm not really gonna bother.

Anyway... I don't know. It struck me as oddly concerning. I wouldn't be at all shocked or surprised to learn Steven Spielberg is a closet pedophile - he certainly seems to fit the bill of someone who was involved in a ton of projects and is also untouchable with a nearly unimpeachable reputation as the sort of quintessential American filmmaker of his generation. But I also happen to noticed that Spielberg finds a way to cast little kids in like, every single one of his movies. With the odd exception of Munich. It's creepy!!

Sorry about the randomness of this post. It's been on my mind. Goddamn Indiana Jones.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Furthermore, if we substitute the word "pizza" for "boy", we find that

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Go on...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Man you don't have to dig so far for it Spielberg openly talks about his sexual predilections

Steven Spielberg posted:

“If I had killed somebody, it wouldn’t have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… loving, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to gently caress young girls. Juries want to gently caress young girls. Everyone wants to gently caress young girls!”

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If I ever become a musician I'm gonna make an album that has jump scares in it.

I'm afraid The Beatles beat you to it by nearly 50 years.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

My new conspiracy theory is that all the kids victimized at Comet Ping Pong Pizza are just crisis actors hired to help pass legislation taking away our sacred right to That New York Slice

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Jenny Angel posted:

I get my boy delivered by a boy boy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jenny Angel posted:

My new conspiracy theory is that all the kids victimized at Comet Ping Pong Pizza are just crisis actors hired to help pass legislation taking away our sacred right to That New York Slice

They wanna outlaw Sbarro?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To also comment on the sort of overlooked part of that rant can I also say that if you've been convicted of a crime and served your time, I don't really find it to be horrible that you can get work again as long as you don't try to hide what you did and don't do anything else.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

My new theory is that all children, especially spoiled little American brats, are crisis actors, period.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
My favorite part of how Alex Jones has become just a slightly redder/madder/nuder than usual Trump supporter is how it confirms, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if there really was an intergalactic reptiloid Majestic 12 conspiracy, it would take them two tries at most to recruit Jones and pals

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
In some way aren't we all acting in our own crisis

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

My favorite part of how Alex Jones has become just a slightly redder/madder/nuder than usual Trump supporter is how it confirms, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if there really was an intergalactic reptiloid Majestic 12 conspiracy, it would take them two tries at most to recruit Jones and pals

My favorite thing about him now is him trying to dial it back and become a respectable shill. He should be truly ashamed.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Gdi someone just rear ended my car while I was stopped at a red light :/ the only accidents I've ever been in have been jokers rear ending me while my car is stationary. This woman had just taken a left on red and was missing a headlight so you know she's rugged as gently caress

I'm fine, I didn't even get her insurance or anything (stupid of me tbh but it just didn't seem worth the hassle+ being late to work for) I just have to spend the next four years paying off a car with dents and a crack in the bumper now

This is really silly especially because you can literally never lose a fender-bender case and she would have had to pay for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I still can't believe alt-right weirdoes seriously try to bandy about Pizzagate as a legitimate scandal. I mean at least Viletat and others actually died during Benghazi, you can scare up a lot of controversy if you have actual victims to lie about, even if it's just like 4 guys.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like how the pizza place in question doesn't even have a basement.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jenny Angel posted:

I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY PIZZA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

glam rock hamhock posted:

Neither did the McMartin Preschool...

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Man, you really think they're not gonna hide the door to the basement? Gun guy just didn't know which rolling pin was the lever that makes the pizza oven rotate.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The part where I got really pissed off and needed to take a break from all this poo poo was when I realized the same people who got real mad about pizzagate think Sandy Hook was fake because it's less conducive to their political agenda.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Watching it unfold in real time on the r/conspiracy was pretty amazing. Seeing the leaps of logic and assumption conspiracy theorists always do in the open like that was really interesting.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My favorite thing about him now is him trying to dial it back and become a respectable shill. He should be truly ashamed.

My favorite thing about him is recently finding out that he's only forty five years old, so he's almost certainly gonna die in his fifties.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
BBV recently made a rule because of a post I made, well quoted from glam rock's sundance thread. Posted his Get Out post in the BBV Get Out thread, and now there's a rule outlawing that practice.

Probably the most impact I've ever had on SA.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

My favorite thing about him is recently finding out that he's only forty five years old, so he's almost certainly gonna die in his fifties.

Actually he just turned 43. My dad is twenty years older than him and looks around the same age.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I never knew about that whole 'Pizzagate" thing until recently but it's so insanely absurd that I have trouble believing it's not some elaborately planned troll, it's just so perfect. Is it an insane conspiracy theory to believe that pizzagate was created by Trump supporters in a haphazard effort to basically smear democrats as pedophiles i mean how else does it make sense

kaworu fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 22, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Actually he just turned 43. My dad is twenty years older than him and looks around the same age.

I just love the pictures here:

https://twitter.com/GMPaiella/status/830790722789974024

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

kaworu posted:

I never knew about that whole 'Pizzagate" thing until recently but it's so insanely absurd that I have trouble believing it's not some elaborately planned troll, it's just so perfect. Is it an insane conspiracy theory to believe that pizzagate was created by Trump supporters in a haphazard effort to basically smear democrats as pedophiles i mean how else does it make sense

Republicans have been making up weird conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton for like 30 years so I don't know what else it could be.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wasn't pizzagate literally invented by someone on twitter before it took off with conspiracy idiots who decided it was real

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I forget who it was, maybe Mark Dice, but one of the other MAGA chuds was going on recently about how he was probably being poisoned by Democrat operatives because he was feeling like poo poo shortly after he started taking Alex Jones's snake oil

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Conspiracies used to be believable, or at the very least you kinda could entertain the idea of some, now it's just surreal. Or maybe I'm getting old and out of touch with reality and it all does make a lot of sense.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jenny Angel posted:

I forget who it was, maybe Mark Dice, but one of the other MAGA chuds was going on recently about how he was probably being poisoned by Democrat operatives because he was feeling like poo poo shortly after he started taking Alex Jones's snake oil

goddamn i love this sentence

Also, as terrible as Alex Jones is, that British moron they have farting around is worse by almost every measure

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

BBV recently made a rule because of a post I made, well quoted from glam rock's sundance thread. Posted his Get Out post in the BBV Get Out thread, and now there's a rule outlawing that practice.

Probably the most impact I've ever had on SA.

Did they actually object to anything I had to say about the movie or was it just because I actually wrote five whole paragraphs about it?

On that note, I can't wait to actually be able to discuss that movie because it's really cool. Do we have a thread for it here yet because I might make a thread though it'll mostly just be what I wrote in the my Sundance thread with slight adjustments.

Unrelated (or at least mostly unrelated...well related in that it was a Sundance short, unrelated in that it's a new topic though it is a topic we were discussing), did anyone actually watch that short I posted "Speaking Is Difficult", because really the most striking thing in that entire thing is after shot after shot of business as usual in places where horrific shootings took place when they get to Sandy Hook it's just a construction yard now because of course they tore down that school because who would want to ever send a child there again?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

weekly font posted:

Also, as terrible as Alex Jones is, that British moron they have farting around is worse by almost every measure

Enjoy some Sam Kriss, in that case

On that note, I can't wait to actually be able to discuss that movie because it's really cool. Do we have a thread for it here yet because I might make a thread though it'll mostly just be what I wrote in the my Sundance thread with slight adjustments.

I'mma see it this weekend and will do my best to have something to say

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Did they actually object to anything I had to say about the movie or was it just because I actually wrote five whole paragraphs about it?

Unrelated (or at least mostly unrelated...well related in that it was a Sundance short, unrelated in that it's a new topic though it is a topic we were discussing), did anyone actually watch that short I posted "Speaking Is Difficult", because really the most striking thing in that entire thing is after shot after shot of business as usual in places where horrific shootings took place when they get to Sandy Hook it's just a construction yard now because of course they tore down that school because who would want to ever send a child there again?

They were upset by the length and the fact that it contained spoilers, which here's a spoiler, the spoiler rules thread for BBV stipulates that spoilers are fair game in any thread with the movie title in it, so hmm.

Sadly Get Out is not out until tomorrow or Friday depending on area. I'm pretty excited to see it and I think you should make a thread for it this weekend once more people have a chance to see it. I liked your write-up though and that's why I attempted to share it with the Get Out thread down there.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Wasn't pizzagate literally invented by someone on twitter before it took off with conspiracy idiots who decided it was real

I think it started on some part of 4 chan. I don't know a lot about 4 chan so I'm not entirely sure how divided it is into like, forums or whatever.

When it first started gaining ground people would post screenshots of anonymous 4 chan posts as evidence of connections.

Like I said it was hilarious to watch it unfold

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Roger Stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

Conspiracies used to be believable, or at the very least you kinda could entertain the idea of some, now it's just surreal. Or maybe I'm getting old and out of touch with reality and it all does make a lot of sense.

Nah, it's definitely gotten way worse, what with the social media echo chambers and lovely publications willing to give the theories credence now being legitimized by opportunists like Trump's team, or even just Fox News. You can basically live in an insular bubble where every media outlet and online friend you have agrees that Pizzagate is totally a thing and only a biased liar would claim otherwise.

• Locked thread