Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
How we feeling about Acheron's Fall? I've got a couple buddies who regularly play X-Wing/Armada (actually, they play those more than they play Infinity) so I'm hoping to see what they think, but so far, seems kinda fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm very curious -is it general release only?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Flipswitch posted:

I'm very curious -is it general release only?

The campaign hasn't started on Gamefound yet so there's not a lot of info out on it beyond the Presentation/How to Play videos that were just released on CB's Youtube channel.

Campaign - https://gamefound.com/en/projects/ramperdesign/acherons-fall
Presentation vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-amhQfFQ0E

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I never hear anyone talking about their other games, so I assume this'll also get released via kickstarter get ethered.

Show me those yujing ships though

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TAG Raid is shipping and the Acheron's Fall campaign is live.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

My TAG raid arrived about or week ago and my cat absolutely loves the big box it all came in.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
My TAG Raid should be arriving Saturday, my painting back log knows not what's coming for it.

EDIT: Oh, I like the look of that YJ cruiser quite a bit.

BlackIronHeart fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 3, 2023

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I'm not really interested in the side games, but I was weak and let someone gouge me for £20 for the Yu-Jing affiliated Prospector model. Will make a good Digger.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Well, my Steindrage showed up. I guess FedEx will get back to me about the rest of it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ok ok hmmm

ITS 15 updated.

Aristeia! is back! in vidya form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcF5dKOtfDA

https://www.thehexadome.com/

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Oh dang, a vidya game! We'll see how it's priced but I'll wishlist it on Steam, sure.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I really like those exrah lads.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Those paintjobs though. It's like Moar Dakka: Edge Highlighting Edition.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

BlackIronHeart posted:

Oh dang, a vidya game! We'll see how it's priced but I'll wishlist it on Steam, sure.

There's an email field at the bottom and they say they'll send out beta invites.

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah, same. First models in awhile that I've looked at and thought "I want to paint those".

Pierzak posted:

Those paintjobs though. It's like Moar Dakka: Edge Highlighting Edition.

It's brutal. The image is a mess.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah their photographer needs a slap and I don't want to sound too overly critical but I'm not sure the studio painter is up to Giraldez' shoes level either which makes some models look worse than they are uses to being seen as. Still wish I could paint that well though.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Getting down to the wire on Acheron's Fall over on Gamefound. The Yamato is... a choice, I guess.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Legally distinct space battleship.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Midjack posted:

Legally distinct space battleship.

You mean like Miyamoto Mushashi named that specifically to be legally distinct from Miyamoto Musashi in-setting? :v:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Excuse you, Mushashi is totally a different person altogether and definitely not because Gutier didn't look up how to spell the guy's name.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Anyone here going to Baltimore Brawl this weekend? I will be there with NCA.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Under 15 posted:

Anyone here going to Baltimore Brawl this weekend? I will be there with NCA.

I'll stop by and spectate a bit.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

https://store.corvusbelli.com/en/happy-days/

A handful of old LE models are going to be available again. No limit. They'll spin whatever they sell.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

https://store.corvusbelli.com/en/happy-days/

A handful of old LE models are going to be available again. No limit. They'll spin whatever they sell.

This is actually really cool of them to do!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
That cyborg bounty hunter was around $60 on eBay the last time I checked so this is indeed welcome news.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CSU is also a fun sculpt and goes for scalper prices when it comes up for sale.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

BlackIronHeart posted:

That cyborg bounty hunter was around $60 on eBay the last time I checked so this is indeed welcome news.
I recently sold mine for a good price too!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Trip report: TAG Raid is pretty fun! We did a 2 player game of the first campaign mission which is nominally just TAGs duking it out but added Engineers and Prospectors for a bit more to do. It plays very similarly to infinity, of course, but with some of the fiddly gear loadout shenanigans of Defiance. My Morat TAG found itself an AP Pistol and an EM Cannon which was bad news for the mostly Close Combat toting Nomad Rockeater. Fun time and I think it'll be a good game for when we want to move little mans around but maybe don't have time/brainpower for a 300pt N4 game.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

new year, new me. 2024 were bringing back the monthly release updates. our group is dying but ill keep buying that garbage. five babies in one year who does that

January Releases

General release Caskuda. Identical to the Endsong release sans the scenic base.

Highlander Cateran T2 sniper. This finishes the Kosmoflot line.

New Lizard. It's a Reinforcements release but don't let that put you off. Let its design do that.

General release Digger. She's good, folks.

Druze box. Entirely repack but it's a good spread.

New Myrmidons. Mayhaps the open face one is an Officer?

Infinativity full color release.

https://warsen.al/products/infinativity

February Releases

REM Racers boardgame, due out previously in November, is coming out in February.

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 6, 2023

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

new year, new me. 2024 were bringing back the monthly release updates. our group is dying but ill keep buying that garbage. five babies in one year who does that

Small children and wargaming do not mix man!

I think the Lizard redesign is actually pretty solid, but yeah the Digger is a standout classic. Got some attitude!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone pick up the new Ikadrons? How are they?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

My LGS has decided to stop carrying Infinity stuff though they say they'll continue to special order. Fair, since I think there are only like three people who play there and I was the only one who ever bought minis. There are a couple of shops with good stock about 2 hours north and south of DC but I still hate to see it. :smith:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'm not saying there's an infiltration, but...

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That Digger looks great, definitely would paint it up in YuJing scheme

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Shattergrounds results, new sectorial coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHet3SMwTlk

Painted a Warcrow model secret santa but I forgot to take pics before I boxed it up. Now I gotta go haul it across the drat canadian border

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dug out some Combined and started painting them, I forgot how much I enjoyed these minis.

What books are available for N4? I'm a little out of the loop. E: Oh I need my REM racers tag back.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 18, 2023

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Dug out some Combined and started painting them, I forgot how much I enjoyed these minis.

What books are available for N4? I'm a little out of the loop. E: Oh I need my REM racers tag back.

Endsong just came out a few weeks ago.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is that the only new book? Thanks.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Is that the only new book? Thanks.

And Raveneye.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Took second in a Resilience Ops tournament in Saturday. I hadn't played the format before this but I think it's good. You don't know what your opponent's objectives are but can typically figure them out by turn two. It doesn't have the constant push-pull of a lot of the ITS missions. This was the only list I used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How did you find the Suryat and Nourikas? I had my first game of N4 (I think) today. It was good!