Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Alternatively, Norsemen is a pretty funny sitcom about vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Joker loving yikes

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Bad, good, terrible?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh yea it’s terrific. It’s a two hour ride into much of what drives this iteration of the Joker. Not only is it his origin story but that of Gotham.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Awesome, my neighborhood theater is showing it in 70mm too. Definitely going to go see it this week.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea saw it in 70mm at Music Box. Gorgeously shot and lit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

That’s good to hear. Like everyone else thought it was either going to be great, or flop hard. Might see it in theaters after all.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Speaking of Joker movie, don’t sleep on the instrumental soundtrack. The same artist was behind Chernobyl’s music.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/lowkeyclutch/status/1181060952021712896

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I love pazuzu cat

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

poo poo me and my coworker did a bet if the 49ers won by more than 30 points he would owe me a brisket. If the browns won at all I’d owe him

Was trying really hard to give him some wiggle room out.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LingcodKilla posted:

poo poo me and my coworker did a bet if the 49ers won by more than 30 points he would owe me a brisket. If the browns won at all I’d owe him

Was trying really hard to give him some wiggle room out.

Well gently caress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Flikken posted:

Well gently caress.

whew! crisis averted by only 3 points! Go niners (but not by too much)!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

whew! crisis averted by only 3 points! Go niners (but not by too much)!

I left work early to watch that shellacking.

And I'm going on a trip to Boston in 3 weeks to watch Browns @ Patriots live

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Flikken posted:

I left work early to watch that shellacking.

And I'm going on a trip to Boston in 3 weeks to watch Browns @ Patriots live

maybe they only win against good teams?

I am fully prepared for my niners to melt down into a puddle of goo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My family is doing tabletop gaming night, i jokingly suggested to run a D&D game.

now i am scrambling to make a D&D scenario.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tomb of horrors

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The Keep on the Borderlands

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

maybe they only win against good teams?

I am fully prepared for my niners to melt down into a puddle of goo

Either way I'm psyched to see the Constitution

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tomb of horrors

I am happily married and i want to keep it that way.

i made a few level 1 characters with simple character prompts, a simple plot hook and will probably fight goblins or kobolds.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ElMaligno posted:

i made a few level 1 characters with simple character prompts, a simple plot hook and will probably fight goblins or kobolds.

Real answer Lost Mine of Phandelver . It's fifth edition and almost idiot proof to run. It'll take your party from level 1 to level 5 or so and last up to 10 sessions.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 8, 2019

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Real answer Lost Mine of Phandelver . It's fifth edition and almost idiot proof to run. It'll take your party from level 1 to level 5 or so and last up to 10 sessions.

No because i wanna do a oneshot

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

This is my all time favorite and I converted it to 3.5 decades ago.

Simple crawl with some fun monster interaction. Winner

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Paranoia is a hilarious RPG if you can get people that are in to the story telling part. Properly run, any and all rules are suggestions and I frequently don't tell players how the dice work (game is D10, I supply all D20s) to keep them in the spirit of things; confused, paranoid and plotting each other's deaths.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Paranoia is a hilarious RPG if you can get people that are in to the story telling part. Properly run, any and all rules are suggestions and I frequently don't tell players how the dice work (game is D10, I supply all D20s) to keep them in the spirit of things; confused, paranoid and plotting each other's deaths.

Second Paranoia and they just had a recent re-release. Also they are having a CRPG version coming out late this year

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
There's a thread in games that had a bunch of Paranoia stories: putting out the wrong color pens, wrong skittles/ M&M's etc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

tomb of horrors builds character

bring dwarves, dig for victory

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

tomb of horrors builds character

bring dwarves, dig for victory

Tomb of Horrors ranks up there with Monopoly in destroying relationships or friendships.

ToH broke up the gaming group I was a part of.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
played Monopoly on Twitch the other night and was actually pretty fun

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

Tomb of Horrors ranks up there with Monopoly in destroying relationships or friendships.

ToH broke up the gaming group I was a part of.

what did the group in

spare no details i love this poo poo

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I paused my job search a while ago because of some things that came up at the firm I currently work at.

I’m finally getting off of this shitshow project and I’m moving from auditing to policy consulting for HHS.

Pretty excited since this was what I wanted to do 15 months ago when I got hired but I did the stupid “yes-man” thing that new employees do way too much.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I need to get more networking done, because I have zero job leads so far. I thought I had a hit with Grant Thornton because one of the bosses was also a lawyer and we hit it off at the career fair, but it's been silence since.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what did the group in

spare no details i love this poo poo

Cat piss and racism

It’s been thirty years or so but I’ll try and remember what I can.

There were six of us originally in our gaming group, and we mostly stuck with playing first edition, and occasionally the red Basic and Blue Expert versions of D&D, and occasionally Car Wars, or Twilight 2000.

Dave – Always played as a half-orc; cleric, assassin, or thief, or a short ugly human with the same classes. Once Unearthed Arcana released, rolled up a couple of barbarians. Also really bad at fudging rolls.
Scott – Always played as magic user and went for destructive spells. One of three DM’s
Jon – Usually played as a half elf or elf, fighter, ranger, etc. (Big Lord of the Rings fan)
Ken – Primary DM, occasionally played a dwarf fighter, thief, or gnome illusionist.
Grant – Dedicated cleric, paladin, or cavalier also the third DM
Me – Usually played a thief, fighter/ranger, and once a bard.

Most of our time was spent in a homebrewed world with locations ripped off from Greyhawk, Krakamos, and Lankmar, with some limited magic item availability. We’d normally play in either Dave’s family room, or my basement.

We had a solid group until Geoff got involved. Geoff was cat-piss defined. Really bad BO, clothes smelled of cat pee, and worse. He had min-maxed ‘certified characters from TSR’, wish granted bonuses to never miss in combat, magical extra damage swords, rings which allowed non magic users to cast spells, et cetera, all of which his old group allowed. Basically, the stereotypical munchkin gamer.

Geoff started our break up by running us through his own adventure, with the specific alignments of CE. LE, NE, or CN and limited character types of fighters, clerics, or thieves.

We were to play as a strike force for an invading army with a task of taking over a strategic village. Scott had run a similar adventure, with us rolling up half-orc or orcs of the Bloodtooth Clan, intent on rampaging through the countryside taking prisoners, burning fields, destroying livestock, etc. Grant would run our normal characters rebuilding the village with plans to turn it into our central base while fortifying the area and building a small keep, and Ken led us after the war-band, with a couple of hirelings from the village out for revenge.

Geoff, not Geoff. Geoff’s version was a village of women, and children, specifically young girls. He went into detail on how Dave’s character was drinking blood of some woman, while Grant’s character was raping a young girl. Grant objected, and was hit with an arrow of slaying. Kenny and I both spoke up about how things were getting and we were killed off as well. We ended the game there and went to cool off. Geoff’s old group thought it was cool, and he figured we were the same way.
Grant stopped playing and if Geoff would show up, he would leave; after a while, we all started finding excuses not to play.

Couple of months later, things calm enough where Geoff was playing a re-rolled, younger version of his main character, and Grant was back into the mix as well.

Then ToH happened.

We were all low to mid teen levels (11-13 or 14 maybe), and Ken wanted this to be one of the last things he had run us through before moving, and had warned us it was nasty.

Geoff started things off by scouting ahead, and was crushed in one of the false tunnel entrances. Admittedly I chuckled.

After a restart, Dave falls into one of the pit traps in the main hall and dies. Geoff using another one of his characters, uses his one-person carpet of flying makes it to the end of the hall, and is teleported into a prison. Scott falls into a pit trap, and barely makes his save. Grant and I die for the first time after getting killed by a gargoyle, Scott, and Jon kill the gargoyle, Scott dies to a secret door falling on him.

Geoff somehow falls through the floor where he’s stuck and ends up dying a second time, which results in dice being thrown.

We agree to take a break, and mulligan into the gargoyle room. We finally get the hint that this isn’t a normal romp, and actually start mapping, planning, etc. Geoff on the other hand dies in the same area that Scott did.

This pissed off Geoff, who started with the racial slurs directed at Ken, Dave, and Grant.

Punches are thrown, drywall gets broken, and typical teenage threats are made.

Geoff leaves after threatening all of us for the third time. Grant announces he really isn’t comfortable playing anymore and wants to take a break, Jon echoes the same feeling. With Ken moving to Ohio, we never were able to finish ToH, and the campaign died there as well.

TL:DR Cat-piss always ruins games

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol that’s some teen age poo poo for sure. Thankfully my group just played weekend long 40k 2nd edition battles with some weekends XWing or TieFighter battles.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

man, Joker was a wild ride and maybe a bit too real at times. Wasn’t entirely what I anticipated—I’ll leave it at that. That said, it was phenomenal.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There's always a neckbeard to ruin things

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's snowing here. Four months and twenty days since the last time it snowed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's snowing here. Four months and twenty days since the last time it snowed.

Today we're going from 91 to 43 by 5am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Chicago might get its first freeze this weekend.