Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

britishbornandbread posted:

Is there an official reason why the 1995 Rumble has one minute intervals as opposed to the usual ninety seconds?

It used to be 2 minutes, but my guess is Shawn and Bulldog couldn't last a full hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Is there an official reason why the 1995 Rumble has one minute intervals as opposed to the usual ninety seconds?

The 1995 roster was a raging dumpster fire and they needed Shawn and Bulldog to carry the whole match

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

The 1995 roster was a raging dumpster fire and they needed Shawn and Bulldog to carry the whole match

It really was look at the people who were in it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_(1995)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

has anyone in the history of pro wrestling been passed as many torches as roman reigns? Like the undertaker, d bry, cena, sheamus, triple h partially, everybody tried to get this dude over

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

projecthalaxy posted:

has anyone in the history of pro wrestling been passed as many torches as roman reigns? Like the undertaker, d bry, cena, sheamus, triple h partially, everybody tried to get this dude over
I've seen people booking themselves as champion of their own company do it with more grace than Roman's being booked to do

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

if sheamus counts as passing a torch then bryan's been passed more

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

RealFoxy posted:

I've seen people booking themselves as champion of their own company do it with more grace than Roman's being booked to do

Kevin Nash booked himself as a more lovable wrestler.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sheamus doesn't count as a torch passer

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah sheamus doesn't really count. I put him on cause i was thinking of how they had the big title feud where they tried to make Sheamus 5:18 or whatever a thing and then sheamus disappeared to the midcard forever.

Basically i wanted more names for my post.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You could probably add Austin to the post because he still verbally felates Roman on his podcasts, even the lovely Wrestlemania match where Roman couldn't even lift Undertaker up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

You could probably add Austin to the post because he still verbally felates Roman on his podcasts, even the lovely Wrestlemania match where Roman couldn't even lift Undertaker up.

Austin always said he had one more run in him. Now we know what it's for. #BigDogsEatRattlesnakes

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

What amuses me is that they aren't even going full Cena with Roman. They keep putting him over big names with the idea being apparently that the the crowd will magically turn if they find the right guy or number of guys to put him over, but he doesn't have a stranglehold on the big belt. He's only on the periphery of being in contention for it really. How long has this top guy push been going for now? By this point after his coronation at Mania 21, how long had Cena held the belt?

It's too bad for them that Smackdown is live now. They could sweeten the crowd for him to give people the idea that someone actually likes him, have him reign(pun intended) over the roster and keep him away from the show where they are pushing someone else as an unbeatable monster champion, and they could use the format to edit his work and promo's so that he isn't exposing himself in front of a live audience.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 25, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

Austin always said he had one more run in him. Now we know what it's for. #BigDogsEatRattlesnakes

Book Roman Reigns over Steve Austin on a random Raw with zero lead-up.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Everybody else already gave "unofficial" answers to this, but if you meant what was the official explanation given, Vince didn't really give one he just made some comment explaining that it was happening and framing it as the fastest-paced Royal Rumble in history or something like that.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

remusclaw posted:

What amuses me is that they aren't even going full Cena with Roman. They keep putting him over big names with the idea being apparently that the the crowd will magically turn if they find the right guy or number of guys to put him over, but he doesn't have a stranglehold on the big belt. He's only on the periphery of being in contention for it really. How long has this top guy push been going for now? By this point after his coronation at Mania 21, how long had Cena held the belt?

It's too bad for them that Smackdown is live now. They could sweeten the crowd for him to give people the idea that someone actually likes him, have him reign(pun intended) over the roster and keep him away from the show where they are pushing someone else as an unbeatable monster champion, and they could use the format to edit his work and promo's so that he isn't exposing himself in front of a live audience.

Yeah, Roman's only had the belt for 118 days. Less time than Jinder, Edge, AJ, Sheamus, the Miz, Seth, and Eddie. And this doesn't even count Big Gold, so add in Booker, Benoit, Kane, Rey, and Alberto del Rio.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

St Evan Echoes posted:

Another Austin one
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3l7gf6

Unforgiven 2001 vs Kurt Angle

Flair did one with the 92 rumble.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That sounds stellar. Any idea of where to find it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
What did John Cena lovingly whisper in Roman's ear at No Mercy?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

TTBF posted:

That sounds stellar. Any idea of where to find it?

Flair's was on an episode of his podcast. It really owns, Ric says what pretty much every entrants drink of choice is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TL posted:

Flair's was on an episode of his podcast. It really owns, Ric says what pretty much every entrants drink of choice is.

https://youtu.be/oM46TXgFN98

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"I did it 35 minutes ago."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"Hail Hydra"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"They will never love you."

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CheW_x2jFPk

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"Gorr was right"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rapadoooooooooooooo

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

"It was 6.5 *million* people"

Follow up question: what the gently caress happened to Bo Dallas? I used to love him in NXT and the start of his WWE adventures. I haven't seen much about him getting heat backstage except for the drunk thing in the airport. Maybe that's it, I dunno.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"shameful back bro"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Helicity posted:

Follow up question: what the gently caress happened to Bo Dallas? I used to love him in NXT and the start of his WWE adventures. I haven't seen much about him getting heat backstage except for the drunk thing in the airport. Maybe that's it, I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Helicity posted:

He's not a good wrestler, promo and has a bad body.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I bolieved in the streak

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm fairly certain Bo was only hired as a favor to Mike Rotunda

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
All posts can be replied to using Big Poppa Pump and I think that's good and swell.

Also they should have had Bo do a mix of Flock era Kidman and Crowbar and been the degenerate Wyatt family member. Someone who was rejected by sister abby and is destitute as a result, craving for meaning and mindlessly following his brother bray.

Or not and this is lol fan booking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I always laugh when I remember that when they signed Scott Steiner, they did a whole angle where Eric Bischoff and Stephanie McMahon were vying to get him onto their brand. Steiner was going to go with Steph, and straight up said it was because she said she would let him gently caress her. Bischoff insisted that Steph prove this and Steiner got offended when Stephanie wouldn't let him gently caress her right there in the ring on television and in front of the crowd, so he went with Bischoff instead.

To be fair, Bischoff did have a track history of sucking Hulk Hogan's dick in the ring every week on Nitro.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR0K1pupflw clearly

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, Bischoff did have a track history of sucking Hulk Hogan's dick in the ring every week on Nitro.

He also stood there and watched when Sting gave Hogan head on live TV.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

All posts can be replied to using Big Poppa Pump and I think that's good and swell.

Also they should have had Bo do a mix of Flock era Kidman and Crowbar and been the degenerate Wyatt family member. Someone who was rejected by sister abby and is destitute as a result, craving for meaning and mindlessly following his brother bray.

Or not and this is lol fan booking.

I've thought this for years. Have Bo be the "weird" Wyatt; trying to "fix" Bray, when he's just as nuts and broken. Also hoping for an angle where Bray decides Abby Leith is Sister Abigail (reincarnated).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NutShellBill posted:

I've thought this for years. Have Bo be the "weird" Wyatt; trying to "fix" Bray, when he's just as nuts and broken. Also hoping for an angle where Bray decides Abby Leith is Sister Abigail (reincarnated).

Sarah Logan, surely?
She's about a banjo away from being there already

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Sarah Logan, surely?
She's about a banjo away from being there already

gently caress it let's get really weird and have it be kairi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have a better idea for Bray Wyatt: Fire him and pretend this whole thing never happened