Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

As lead developer I don't know *why* things are happening.

Seems about right ben, you've lost all credibility.

edit:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-perhaps-be-a-two-seater-reply-from-ben/p3

Thread blew up.

Ah yes, those hand crafted and lovingly cared for jpegs... of which Ben himself said takes a team of people months to even get the concept finished.

But of course, it's no different than Mercedes designing a new car, when they put it together forget the 2nd row of seats. Happens all the time

HEY GUYS ITS A COUPE OK, forget all the marketing material jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Even if he did manage to survive the classroom, he wouldn't survive past the first PTA conference.

:pgabz: "You said there would be no homework on Fridays, and then at the last minute you dropped a ten page essay on them?"

:lesnick: "I don't know how that assignment got in there, I'll look into it. We may or may not offer extra credit."

:pgabz: "We still don't even know how well he is doing! You haven't graded anything since AUGUST!"

:lesnick: "The scores are still there, we just had to refactor the scoring matrix and finalize the embossing on the report card. Have you considered getting your card in Helvetica? It's not necessary, as all fonts will be available at the end of the year, but just think about how good that will look on your fridge!"

:pgabz: "That's it, I'm going to the principal to get your rear end fired!"

:lesnick: "I'm so bored of your constant attempts to derail a quality educational experience with your trolling! This is perfectly normal! The majority of students are bright, energetic pupils who can't wait! It's only a couple of dinks who are ruining things."

:pgabz: "WHAT DID YOU CALL MY SON?"

Raise $1M and we'll talk.

how goes the bitter tears? do i get one for suggesting it be a gose

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
I have no words for how great this thread is.

Stay safe, Developer What's Your Name over there...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Lime Tonics posted:

edit:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-perhaps-be-a-two-seater-reply-from-ben/p3

Thread blew up.
HOW'S THE NEW SHIP PIPELINE TREATIN' YA, LESNICK?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Stanko-Prussian posted:

how goes the bitter tears? do i get one for suggesting it be a gose

Haven't started them yet. In fact I need to bottle a tripel I've had aging for six months.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The radar from Privateer 2 has been around since the first Wing Commander, and I still don't understand why CR just didn't use it again. It's functional, easily understood, and rapidly conveys critical information. Plus it's an easy homage to the original WC.

But nope, gotta have the shinies.

Radar chat.

Never mind 'dangerous', this poo poo was more or less nailed in 80s Elite - a left-blob on the end of the 'stalk' is above, and to the right, below:

Given the limitations of 8-bit graphics, the radar here is probably the simplest and best UI I have ever seen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bootcha posted:

No, this is cooperative decision, not just hers.

The safety's still on

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

HOW'S THE NEW SHIP PIPELINE TREATIN' YA, LESNICK?

Like a fat useless morbidly obese dumbfuck bastard that he is

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if i had a child that i was mad at but wanted to passive aggressive about it, i'd buy them this game.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gonkish posted:

How close to collapse are we, goons? I need to know so that I can order enough popcorn.

I think financially they should be safe until SQ42 comes out sometime mid 2017 but we might have be watching the crossing of the Rubicon. 2016 has been a series of PR blunders one after another and it will only get worse, dissent is spreading and even the whales are getting restless. Unless CIG releases something substantial before the summer is over it's probably going to be too late to turn around.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

BMan posted:

I made another word thing I guess

http://i.imgur.com/XfJoZCn.gifv

I waited patiently for 'stimpire' to appear and loving explode, and was not disappointed

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Stay safe CIG developers and support staff.

Get hosed Chris, Sandi, and Ben.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Berious posted:

You know how they say acting is all in the eyes? Reptilliods haven't yet mastered human eyes.

Like so?

Then again, Jane Badler was kind of '80s hot, so any acting was purely coincidental bonus.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

xiansi posted:

Radar chat.

Never mind 'dangerous', this poo poo was more or less nailed in 80s Elite - a left-blob on the end of the 'stalk' is above, and to the right, below:

Given the limitations of 8-bit graphics, the radar here is probably the simplest and best UI I have ever seen.

That radar was an afterthought to use up a ridiculously small amount of unused bytes too.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
is the game out

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

serious norman posted:

is the game out

Yes buy a Banu Merchantman immediately.

I just watched some of that old dudes videos and its really, really sad. How can they be so loving brutal to him? These people are total scum. :(

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sandi posted a depressed looking digital Gary Oldman John Rhys Davies to FB.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 26, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

serious norman posted:

is the game out

Buy the season pass to get the extra seat expansion when it drops.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

serious norman posted:

is the game out

yeah it got a luke warm reception with most people agreeing they did their best but in the end people gave it a 7 out of 10

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

yeah it got a luke warm reception with most people agreeing they did their best but in the end people gave it a 7 out of 10

And Sandi has been named Business Woman Of The Century ever since she was a little girl.

Ben has also shed half his weight and is looking a picture of health.

Chris is regarded as the greatest game developer that has ever lived by Derek Smart.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

fuctifino posted:

Sandi posted a depressed looking digital Gary Oldman to FB.

*cough* john rhys davies *cough*

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Goons have been playing non-stop, for the most part we've shed our pvp/troll image and most people either pilot or act as travellers on board the super cruise. The mixing drink mini game is the sure way to unlock tons of credits to buy all the ingame stuff. Those of us in debt prison find that mixing drinks on the cruise ship is the fastest way to get one's own ship, but the only one worth purchasing is the cruise ship

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
sounds cool to me, btw skpped 2000 posts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Stanko-Prussian posted:

*cough* john rhys davies *cough*

I don't want to sound racist, but they all look the same to me :yarg:

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012
When I grow up I want to be Lesnick.

Like, literally if I physically grow up uncontrollably I would like to be Lesnick in a high-paying job and hopefully de-grow afterward.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

fuctifino posted:

Sandi posted a depressed looking digital Gary Oldman to FB.
Gotta Go John Rhys-Davies Is Here

also how fast was sandi on the phone screaming GIMME SOMETHING TO DISTRACT THESE LITTLE SOB'S

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TTerrible posted:

I have a working implementation of an elite radar I can link you to. If you dig around the github I linked you in PM you'll find it.

This is awesome, thanks!

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.
I'm gonna vent here which mean I will probably be probated but who gives a gently caress. As a retired member of the military I gave 22 years of my life so people could live their lives the way they want to in freedom to make there own choices. Yes, I bought into the "dream" to the tune of $250 on kickstarter. It pisses me off to no end when fat rear end mouth breathing basement dwellers attack the folks I fought to defend....Namely Mr. McArthur who is fighting for his life. To see folks like CR, Sandi(LBFM wannabe), FAT rear end CANT STOP EATING BEN, and the other take advantage of the freedom I fought so hard to provide just makes me absolutely sick. I hope all those fuckers get whats coming to them. Stay strong Mr. M. The goons are pulling for ya.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

edit:

Thread blew up.

It's ok guys, it was a simple mistake. The dev team didn't know how many seats the ship they were building was supposed to have and no one realized what happened until it was already released on the PU.

This is reassuring. :chloe:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Norefund14days posted:

I'm gonna vent here which mean I will probably be probated but who gives a gently caress. As a retired member of the military I gave 22 years of my life so people could live their lives the way they want to in freedom to make there own choices. Yes, I bought into the "dream" to the tune of $250 on kickstarter. It pisses me off to no end when fat rear end mouth breathing basement dwellers attack the folks I fought to defend....Namely Mr. McArthur who is fighting for his life. To see folks like CR, Sandi(LBFM wannabe), FAT rear end CANT STOP EATING BEN, and the other take advantage of the freedom I fought so hard to provide just makes me absolutely sick. I hope all those fuckers get whats coming to them. Stay strong Mr. M. The goons are pulling for ya.

:eyepop:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

It's ok guys, it was a simple mistake. The dev team didn't know how many seats the ship they were building was supposed to have and no one realized what happened until it was already released on the PU.

This is reassuring. :chloe:

Look, 1 seat, 2 seats, who knows? when you're dealing with those kind of numbers it's a really easy thing to get mixed up

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

musicshemale posted:

When I grow up I want to be Lesnick.

Like, literally if I physically grow up uncontrollably I would like to be Lesnick in a high-paying job and hopefully de-grow afterward.
What makes you think Ben's highly paid?

He gets to bask daily in the light of the saviour, and all the jpegs he can eat.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
who is MacArthur?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Norefund14days posted:

:getout:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

[spoilers] You need an account to read this message. [/spoilers]

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

Norefund14days posted:

I don't know whether to ask if you should reference your quotes or get mildly worried. People are nuts, dude.

I hope I'm Mr. M because even if it seems at odds with my username, I need the strength to pull through.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

https://youtu.be/cc7o-uDmvio

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Oh my bad, he seems cool.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So I went to pick my 3 kids up from school last week in our brand new car, oh man, was my face red when I realised I bought a convertible 2 seater sports car, oh god.
It reminded me of that one time they made that spaceship with one seat instead of two and everyone was all like "oooh ha ha, oh dear, what a crazy mistake!"
Luckily we all saw the funny side, but it took a few weeks for me to live that down ha ha! drat kids had to walk 5 miles home in the pissing rain! Awww man, we laugh about it now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

tooterfish posted:

What makes you think Ben's highly paid?

He gets to bask daily in the light of the saviour, and all the jpegs he can eat.

I hope that if I'm forced to grow up then I can feel the pain and suffering that is being around Sandi Gardiner and the tease of donuts that is apparently amusing for someone that is suffering through the unfortunate pain of obesity that could claim life? Is that better? I don't think it's better.

• Locked thread