Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Brock Samson posted:

Just listened to the ep. Jesus loving christ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3596178/reviews

ahh the one written by "louis ck"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
cuckoldry aside,

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

but what if they're right

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Xemloth posted:

I can't help but think this picture is the spitting image of Seth and Jonathan in maybe 20 years time

We're halfway to UYD looking like Richard and Julian

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
So I don't remember it getting posted here - Seth was a guest (along with Dave Anthony) on Wil Anderson's podcast FOFOP, episode 155, and it was pretty great. They talk a lot about seth's prepro and his feelings about live shows and then do some funny newspaper articles and stuff.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

CaptainJuan posted:

So I don't remember it getting posted here - Seth was a guest (along with Dave Anthony) on Wil Anderson's podcast FOFOP, episode 155, and it was pretty great. They talk a lot about seth's prepro and his feelings about live shows and then do some funny newspaper articles and stuff.

Yes, that episode was talked about. Check page 179

General consensus seemed to be that while it was kind of cool hearing seth in a different setting, podcasts that aren't uyd suck

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Matey posted:

Yes, that episode was talked about. Check page 179

General consensus seemed to be that while it was kind of cool hearing seth in a different setting, podcasts that aren't uyd suck

was that the one where all the other guys were roaring with laughter after everything seth said

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Yeah mostly dave. He does that a lot on every podcast he does.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
462 is up. Jon narrowly avoids a rant about vaccinations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

bollig posted:

462 is up. Jon narrowly avoids a rant about vaccinations.

Seth shut him down pretty quickly.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Why are the girls always trying to get with these Tom Cruises?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Why are the girls always trying to get with these Tom Cruises?

Hot bods, cute teeth, good-looking eyebrows, millions of dollars of money. These guys are the loving reason why I can't find any child-bearing women online. "Real". Yeah loving right you're real.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

In The Yurt With Jarret.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

usually during Dear Jonathan they jokingly float out the idea that a wife/husband is cheating but this is the first one where there's zero doubt in my mind she's sleeping with her boss

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

oatgan posted:

usually during Dear Jonathan they jokingly float out the idea that a wife/husband is cheating but this is the first one where there's zero doubt in my mind she's sleeping with her boss

Sus at best bub, sus at best!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
So, anyone else going to the August 6 LA show? Follow up question, what should I get Jonathan for his birthday?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Binowru posted:

So, anyone else going to the August 6 LA show? Follow up question, what should I get Jonathan for his birthday?

carton of smokes

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

oatgan posted:

So, I found her plane tickets for this conference, that she and her boss were going to. But they only bought one ticket... which was weird, right? And then I found this other "ticket", which was hand drawn, and it said my wifes seat on the place was "her bosses dick". So..... ummmm.... do you think, maybe, something might be going on here? Between them, I mean.

-- Confused in Charleston

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A commissioned painting of a young him awkwardly blowing harp in front of a silent, stone faced John Popper while his dad (but really paint present-day Seth instead) cringes in the back of an LA venue dressing room.

Or a handsomely embroidered polo shirt that says "Tina Turner University" with the school's crest over the breast pocket or whatever similarly collegiate edu-merch you could procure.

Or something that encompasses one or all of:

quote:

August 6
National Root Beer Float Day
National Fresh Breath Day
National Wiggle Your Toes Day

quote:

Family Fun Month
Peach Month
Romance Awareness Month
Water Quality Month
National Catfish Month
National Eye Exam Month
National Golf Month
National Picnic Month

Its quite unfortunate that national underwear day is on the 5th. You could have got him some fresh Andrew Christian package-enhancer briefs with Show-It tech or Papi brand USA flag trunks off amazon.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jun 26, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Binowru posted:

what should I get Jonathan for his birthday?

Round the world tickets for the summer of pride parades.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Or a handsomely embroidered polo shirt that says "Tina Turner University" with the school's crest over the breast pocket or whatever similarly collegiate edu-merch you could procure.

Wow. VistaPrint will make this for 15 bucks. What a time to be alive.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Do they even remember the TTU thing?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 26, 2015

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So, I found her plane tickets for this conference, that she and her boss were going to. But they only bought one ticket... which was weird, right? And then I found this other "ticket", which was hand drawn, and it said my wifes seat on the place was "her bosses dick". So..... ummmm.... do you think, maybe, something might be going on here? Between them, I mean.

no.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whatever! We're going to Napa, bitches! gently caress you!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yes, I envision Amy as being a bit of a tart.

Its his old order, but his new one is boring.

I like this one as it combines elements of Seth's no-talking order policy at certain establishments.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
white chocolate dream blended

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Even with the repercussions, I would wear a shirt that says "one in 10 black people have Down syndrome" with a rasta flag on the breast pocket

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 26, 2015

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's tough man.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

This is the only one I don't get.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Binowru posted:

This is the only one I don't get.

It was that story where jonathan was in hawaii and hanging out with some locals who eventually gave him some "laced" weed and he claims it gave him paralysis and then they screamed at him because he bought weed from stacey or susan while in the locals house. Something like that

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Getting pretty close to quitting my job and going into bootleg UYD merch full time

Bolek
May 1, 2003

A decade later and still no explanation of the no talking policy

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bolek posted:

A decade later and still no explanation of the no talking policy

It's explained. He said that he didnt like explaining his order so he pretended to be deaf. Then he saw people who thought he was deaf at festivals and it was awkward. And I guess that's pretty much it lol.

E: writing down orders is a better explanation than "being deaf"

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 27, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He explained it that it was easier to write down orders because they continually got it wrong in the past. I guess the no talking part was to keep them reliant on the paper for directions.

And I made Seth a shirt so he is not jealous of all these dope outfits Jah will be sporting.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Matey posted:

carton of smokes

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Not to be creepy, but what does jah smoke. For some reason I think it's marlb lights

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

shadow puppet of a posted:

He explained it that it was easier to write down orders because they continually got it wrong in the past. I guess the no talking part was to keep them reliant on the paper for directions.

Was this actually stated by Seth somewhere, because my recollection was that this was just a fan theory that got reposted enough that it evolved into "truth"

I mean I actually believe it was something like that but I've listened to all of UYD twice and I don't remember him saying it (I could be wrong) [Also it doesn't really matter]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

Not to be creepy, but what does jah smoke. For some reason I think it's marlb lights

I wouldn't be surprised if it's American Spirits