Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

If that single brain guy is giving them that much trouble, I'm not sensing great things in the future.

There's no Brains on the critical path, it'll only be an issue if they hunt the Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I don't think they even know that sedatives exist yet. I don't remember them picking any up yet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

There's no Brains on the critical path, it'll only be an issue if they hunt the Mother.

Well, it's the frenzy that seems to be the problem for them and there is plenty of that in the future.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Andrast posted:

If that single brain guy is giving them that much trouble, I'm not sensing great things in the future.

The brains are really tough to deal with though, to the point where sneaking past them is actually probably the better strategy. Probably the biggest problem like I mentioned before, their frenzy resistance is likely in the toilet since they've got a ton of insight and haven't been gearing themselves against it. That can be an insta-kill right there with the brain ladies.

Wiseblood posted:

I don't think they even know that sedatives exist yet. I don't remember them picking any up yet.

It doesn't seem like it since Woolie asked about that. I'm also not sure they've realized that while the armor sets are pretty similar against physical damage, they vary wildly on resistances so they really should consider switching up their armor more area to area.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 15, 2015

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I'm so over watching bloodborne and souls games in general, someone spoil me on what all the bullshit with aliens is about / the 'story' of the game please

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Indecisive posted:

I'm so over watching bloodborne and souls games in general, someone spoil me on what all the bullshit with aliens is about / the 'story' of the game please

There's aliens in it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Indecisive posted:

that is an... ALIEN

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Depths posted:

that is an... ALIEN

Well their official name is celestial emissary after all. :shrug:

As for the rest of the story I don't know that there is a clear cut story - the blood moon rises, the Great Ones get a bunch of the female NPCs (Arianna, Iosefka) pregnant with monster babies that help you get to the last boss. And depending on the ending you may become the next Great One. I think it mainly boils down to "the world got really loving weird thanks to Byrgenwerth/Lovecraft."

There are actually three possible endings to the game depending on what you do.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
does anyone know if woollies uber code still works

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

"No Woolie it's not another brain, that's not the sound they make." Immediately after they killed a brain monster making that same sound.

I'm also surprised with all this talk of amygdalas Pat hasn't brought up his psychology knowledge even once. I was sure he'd go into a lecture about brain anatomy when he saw it. :v:

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 16, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm Level 91 in Blood and I hit a wall hard and discouraging enough to make me put the game down for a while. I'm at the point where I can either A) Die another 20 times to Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos or B) Die again to Amygdala in the Nightmare Frontier IF I can manage not get frenzied to death by that stupid brain monster right outside of that area on the cliffside. So frustrating.

Also, I think there's a whole bunch of NPC quests I hosed up: Iosefka is freaking out on a table now that I finally managed to break into the clinic, I sent all the survivors to the Odeon Temple instead of the clinic, Arianna can't speak anymore, the old lady is gone and left a note on her chair, everyone that used to talk through the doors in any area now generates a "No response" message, I swore alligenace to the Queen of the Vilebloods, but then that one other paladin looking fucker went to Cainhurst and killer her, so I killed him and now I have Annalise's lumpy flesh or whatever.

I royally hosed up something, didn't I?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Indecisive posted:

Have you ever read an H.P. Lovecraft story? Basically that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's not surprising that Woolie would do well in a swamp nightmare area, really.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
you're doing a good job, Woolie, wonderful display on Amygdala.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

You've actually hosed up very little. Keep going after the first boss you're struggling against and look around after your victory.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsBli4pim6A
Are you ready for the weirdest Fisticuffs yet?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Daaaamn, they were NOT kidding about the poverty levels they were going to reach. :stare:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Phantasium posted:

You've actually hosed up very little. Keep going after the first boss you're struggling against and look around after your victory.

Ah, cool! Her second form is what's tripping me up. Either I stay too far away to watch for those stupid death lasers that kill me when I don't see them coming, or she manages to hit me with her running dash attack or that jumping lunge she does with her head that I can never seem to dodge. ONCE I managed to get her down to just needing three more hits and she trapped me in the corner and killed me before I could escape and pop a couple of blood vials. :argh: Definitely the hardest boss in the game so far.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Holosseum kind of loses something in transition to an emulator totally legitimate recording device.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Charles Martel posted:

I'm Level 91 in Blood and I hit a wall hard and discouraging enough to make me put the game down for a while. I'm at the point where I can either A) Die another 20 times to Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos or B) Die again to Amygdala in the Nightmare Frontier IF I can manage not get frenzied to death by that stupid brain monster right outside of that area on the cliffside. So frustrating.

Also, I think there's a whole bunch of NPC quests I hosed up: Iosefka is freaking out on a table now that I finally managed to break into the clinic, I sent all the survivors to the Odeon Temple instead of the clinic, Arianna can't speak anymore, the old lady is gone and left a note on her chair, everyone that used to talk through the doors in any area now generates a "No response" message, I swore alligenace to the Queen of the Vilebloods, but then that one other paladin looking fucker went to Cainhurst and killer her, so I killed him and now I have Annalise's lumpy flesh or whatever.

Not really, Annalise can be respawned using her flesh in a particular place. She'll be in her usual spot at Cainhurst afterwards.

You might as well kill Iosefka now as she won't put up a fight and will drop one of the umbilical cords. Arianna's quest will eventually continue after you kill a certain boss. If you've gotten sedatives from the old lady a few times, she leaves to go find more and will come back (most of the time :v: )

If it makes you feel any better, I'm stuck on Rom of all things thanks to that magic meteor poo poo and neverending spider spawns.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
So, Karate Champ - Player vs Player fisticuffs when?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Kimmalah posted:

Not really, Annalise can be respawned using her flesh in a particular place. She'll be in her usual spot at Cainhurst afterwards.

You might as well kill Iosefka now as she won't put up a fight and will drop one of the umbilical cords. Arianna's quest will eventually continue after you kill a certain boss. If you've gotten sedatives from the old lady a few times, she leaves to go find more and will come back (most of the time :v: )

If it makes you feel any better, I'm stuck on Rom of all things thanks to that magic meteor poo poo and neverending spider spawns.

Ah. Yeah, I just tried the boss I'm stuck on a few more times and it's a no go. gently caress this. I'm gonna go play Shovel Knight.

And yeah, Rom was a pain in the rear end, mostly because I had to clear out his little spider friends since they could one-shot me with their "diving" attack. You'll get him with some patience.

I don't want to even imagine what NG+ is like in this.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Charles Martel posted:

Ah. Yeah, I just tried the boss I'm stuck on a few more times and it's a no go. gently caress this. I'm gonna go play Shovel Knight.

And yeah, Rom was a pain in the rear end, mostly because I had to clear out his little spider friends since they could one-shot me with their "diving" attack. You'll get him with some patience.

I don't want to even imagine what NG+ is like in this.

Oh yeah, all the advice I've found is like "don't worry about the spiders" and then they killed me more than the actual boss. :shepicide:

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Kimmalah posted:

Oh yeah, all the advice I've found is like "don't worry about the spiders" and then they killed me more than the actual boss. :shepicide:

ENB's advice was to clear the spiders first. E: Not like he's the loving authority or anything. He didn't write the boss strat for the guide, like he did with DS2. It's what he did in his run, and it looked a lot easier than dealing with a moshpit of those rock faced little cunts.

Also, really loved this fisticuffs (Or as I'm now referring to them - Button Bashers: Nights) and got weirdly nostalgic with Holloseum. Never played it before or anything, just really reminded me of the dumb bullshit I used to gently caress around on at arcades in the early/mid 90s.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

ENB's advice was to clear the spiders first. E: Not like he's the loving authority or anything. He didn't write the boss strat for the guide, like he did with DS2. It's what he did in his run, and it looked a lot easier than dealing with a moshpit of those rock faced little cunts.

Well to be clear, I killed all the spiders a bunch of times the first maybe 7 or 8 attempts, which got me killed with her magic poo poo. Then I kind of went "gently caress it" and ignored them. Which actually worked really really well until they all piled on me at once so I couldn't roll away right as their mom decided to flop around on my fresh corpse. :bloodborne:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I prefer to not kill the spiders just because it's so much faster. I might kill the first wave since that gives you time to wail on ROM while she isn't doing anything. Rom is also really weak to electricity so shock paper goes a long way.

On my last run I got Rom to like 20% before she managed to teleport away for the first time.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

"Ha, these guys are gonna have their asses handed to them by Shadows!"
Woolie kills them on his third try, Pat kills them off screen.
"Can't wait until Rom obliterates them!"
Woolie kills Rom, no sweat.
"Amygdala is going to crush them!"
Woolie kills Amygdala while dodging most of her attacks.

I may have raged at their baffling Vit/End choices, but in the end it was all worth it just to see Youtube comments getting real salty.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If there isn't an hour gushing on the podcast then Fury Road hasn't gotten its due.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Andrast posted:

I prefer to not kill the spiders just because it's so much faster. I might kill the first wave since that gives you time to wail on ROM while she isn't doing anything. Rom is also really weak to electricity so shock paper goes a long way.

On my last run I got Rom to like 20% before she managed to teleport away for the first time.

I just use an upgraded/transformed Tonitrus, which will almost one shot the spiders and get her to about half health before the teleport.

PiedPiper posted:

"Ha, these guys are gonna have their asses handed to them by Shadows!"
Woolie kills them on his third try, Pat kills them off screen.
"Can't wait until Rom obliterates them!"
Woolie kills Rom, no sweat.
"Amygdala is going to crush them!"
Woolie kills Amygdala while dodging most of her attacks.

I may have raged at their baffling Vit/End choices, but in the end it was all worth it just to see Youtube comments getting real salty.

It probably won't be long before they come up with all kinds of reasons and conditions that made the fights too easy or something. It's sort of inevitable, just like there's always a guy who has to pop in and say "This boss was so easy to me!" I am looking forward to seeing them try Amelia again, since now they've kind of screwed themselves a bit by progressing Eileen's quest (unless they figure out the secret to cheesing it).

Really in the end the whole LP has already been worth it just for the alieeeeen

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really see them having big problems with any boss from here on, except maybe Ebrietas.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

It probably won't be long before they come up with all kinds of reasons and conditions that made the fights too easy or something. It's sort of inevitable, just like there's always a guy who has to pop in and say "This boss was so easy to me!" I am looking forward to seeing them try Amelia again, since now they've kind of screwed themselves a bit by progressing Eileen's quest (unless they figure out the secret to cheesing it).

Yep! People are already posting that the fights don't count because "They don't use the gun! Everyone knows Amygdala is the easiest boss in the game! Woolie never runs!" and so on and so forth.

Oh well. At least that Snailborne video came out of it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yep! People are already posting that the fights don't count because "They don't use the gun! Everyone knows Amygdala is the easiest boss in the game! Woolie never runs!" and so on and so forth.

Oh well. At least that Snailborne video came out of it.

I never use the gun on bosses because usually I'm nearly dead by the time I get the parry IF I get it at all. But even if they did, it would just be something else like "Well they shouldn't use that weapon or they should fight everything without armor or blood vials or bullets or :words: " I know I bitched a lot in the beginning, but they really have found their footing in the game finally.

We've also gotten Woolie's rendition of melty student Pomp & Circumstance while also finding out Pat thinks We Will Rock You is connected to knights. :v: It's too bad they missed Patches little scene though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

We've also gotten Woolie's rendition of melty student Pomp & Circumstance while also finding out Pat thinks We Will Rock You is connected to knights. :v: It's too bad they missed Patches little scene though.

Pat's probably going to insist on cleaning the place out.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Rodyle posted:

Pat's probably going to insist on cleaning the place out.

I hope he does it on camera just so I can get his reaction. Woolie's too since he was so skeptical that it was that character and not just the same voice actor. I'm not sure what the trigger is though because I went through Nightmare Frontier a bunch of times with no sign of him and then suddenly one time there he was just obviously lying in wait.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vit is actually really good for preventing you from getting killed in one hit by things like roms spiders so actually they were right all along

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If there's no Chao Garden Footage by the end of this video this entire series is a failure.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rodyle posted:

If there's no Chao Garden Footage by the end of this video this entire series is a failure.

He went in the Mystic Ruins garden once by accident and immediately left.

SA1 chao stuff is a waste of time anyway. There's basically no reason to engage with it unless you live in the years 1999 or 2000 because they improved it so much in 2.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I lost a lot of months to chao eugenics

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

lets hang out posted:

Vit is actually really good for preventing you from getting killed in one hit by things like roms spiders so actually they were right all along

Worked for those boulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Perfect Potato posted:

Worked for those boulders

The entire joke with those wouldn't work if they didn't kill you in one hit