Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Its all about making isk until you are 'ready to PVP' when you live in highsec.

Also been having a lot of fun living out of NPC pure blind. Tons of enemies all around and most are pretty dumb. I doubt I would base out of capturable space ever again, theres not really any reason except for PVE stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

OWLS! posted:

Officer fit falcons on every hole.

Don't even laugh, they are a thing which is cool and good. I lost my Thon's multispec falcon to another falcon in elitepvp :(

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Computer internet video game spaceships are cool.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
So apparently when I'm daydrinking I buy people avs.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

frozenpussy posted:

get me a cool one please, i've never had one

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

frozenpussy posted:

This is not a bad thing.
More too the subject of eve and CCP trying to adjust their prose in courting player retention; I have noticed an increase in player-centric features and presentations at events. At fanfest images taken during the event were showcased at the conclusion of the event, permanently solidifying the recorded actions of the player base in history.

If eve is about stories we make and tell, than a vain and player-centric method of presenting events is a step in the right direction.
Eve Players are some of the single most egotistical and grandiose of the gaming world.

On that note I have been given permission to discuss the Shoe Launcher, which is not unlike the snowball and fireworks launchers. Except it shoots shoes which can be used to softly bump their targets. I don't have a solid time for when this will be on SISI or what the prices will be but I will keep everybody posted.

MysteriousThing fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 31, 2016

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Do you have a central place / forum / site / podium where you discuss your goals and conduct community engagement as a member of the CSM?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Xolve posted:

Widow for life.

Buck up chum, I'm sure you'll find another special someone any day now.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Buck up chum, I'm sure you'll find another special someone any day now.

Well played.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

get me a cool one please, i've never had one

If I had to I'd make it your EVE av lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

frozenpussy posted:

If I had to I'd make it your EVE av lol

gross

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Pale Peril posted:

Do you have a central place / forum / site / podium where you discuss your goals and conduct community engagement as a member of the CSM?

As part of my platform I try to be as open and accessible as possible. I can be contacted and engaged in discourse through many means.

Slack, Twitter, jabber and so on.

I lack the money and skill set to design a site suitable for these purposes.
https://twitter.com/csmwatch does weekly summaries and has listed the google doc for attendance. I am aiming for 100% attendance.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vYJTKXkYajxBmLg6ufnMu8BTbpBbEPFrln74oYyJBbA/edit#gid=0

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

MysteriousThing posted:

As part of my platform I try to be as open and accessible as possible. I can be contacted and engaged in discourse through many means.

I lack the money and skill set to design a site suitable for these purposes.
https://twitter.com/csmwatch does weekly summaries and has listed the google doc for attendance. I am aiming for 100% attendance.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vYJTKXkYajxBmLg6ufnMu8BTbpBbEPFrln74oYyJBbA/edit#gid=0

you could use wordpress, it's free and ready to go.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54347709/

20* bil in loot secured b o i s

* http://evepraisal.com/e/11129212

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 31, 2016

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
I am by no means a master of fits or gifted in math but I am fairly certain that many inertia stabilizers is superfluous. After the 3rd one there is no point.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

MysteriousThing posted:

I am by no means a master of fits or gifted in math but I am fairly certain that many inertia stabilizers is superfluous. After the 3rd one there is no point.

Basically true for any mod with stacking penalties. The 3rd mod is %57 as effective as the 1st, 4th mod is ~28%, and the 5th is ~10%.

Better to fit a different module that provides similar benefits (but not with the same attribute), so like a nanofiber here.

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Stacking_penalties

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

MysteriousThing posted:

That answers community engagement part, but what about a (singular?) place someone can go to view what you yourself publish/maintain as to what you are doing in this representative capacity in EVE Online. (Without having to track it down via piecemeal over the social network venues... because :effort: )

Thinking: For a newbie to the game, whom wants to take the representative democracy seriously and seeks to figure out, what's that one place they can go to see what you are up to while representing them. (Without them having any clue as to looking you up on Slack, Twitter, etc.) Something you put together as a opposed to a source made by others (i.e. æ.)

I'm sure you are aware that there are plenty of free and easy to use services you can use for this purpose, though I'm now surprised to see it seems that you don't have anything like that.

A CSM diary in the form of a public Google Doc page would be at least something.

(Edited with some hope at clarity.)

Pale Peril fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 31, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

necrotic posted:

Better to fit a different module that provides similar benefits (but not with the same attribute), so like a nanofiber here.

Sadly, the nanofiber provides the same attribute (inertia reduction) so it'd get stacking penalized too. Nanofibers reducing your mass hasn't been a thing since Quantum Rise, some 7 or 8 years ago iirc.

The speed increase of the nanofiber wouldn't be stacking penalized... but it doesn't affect your align time.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

ullerrm posted:

Sadly, the nanofiber provides the same attribute (inertia reduction) so it'd get stacking penalized too. Nanofibers reducing your mass hasn't been a thing since Quantum Rise, some 7 or 8 years ago iirc.

The speed increase of the nanofiber wouldn't be stacking penalized... but it doesn't affect your align time.

Well, that's good to know. I completely forgot that happened.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

that's a pretty good way to brand people as EVE thread squatters

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you can offline nanofibers and overdrives to enterwarp really fast, aka warping in supers in 6 seconds or less (with macros)

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

you can offline nanofibers and overdrives to enterwarp really fast, aka warping in supers in 6 seconds or less (with macros)

Wait, what? Is this a thing, even for subcaps?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Thatim posted:

most subcaps probably wouldn't benefit from this. Supers align/warp really drat slow without some tricks.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Thatim posted:

it's pointless for subcaps, the way i used to use overdrives on my super is to leave them online for like 6 seconds, then offline all of them with a macro, dropping my maximum speed to like half of what it was, making me warp

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

ullerrm posted:

it would help your presumably autopiloting occator reach gates faster :v:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
what is typical high-value loot that gets plastic wrapped? seems to me that if you're running a cargo-carrying ship somewhere in highsec and you've got plastic wrapped loots in your hold, you're basically baiting gankers to see how lucky they might get

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

what is typical high-value loot that gets plastic wrapped? seems to me that if you're running a cargo-carrying ship somewhere in highsec and you've got plastic wrapped loots in your hold, you're basically baiting gankers to see how lucky they might get

people tend to gank plastic wrapped things because they are almost always worth ganking

(or you happen to have insider knowledge, like scam contracts, or other things)

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Pale Peril posted:

That answers community engagement part, but what about a (singular?) place someone can go to view what you yourself publish/maintain as to what you are doing in this representative capacity in EVE Online. (Without having to track it down via piecemeal over the social network venues... because :effort: )

Thinking: For a newbie to the game, whom wants to take the representative democracy seriously and seeks to figure out, what's that one place they can go to see what you are up to while representing them. (Without them having any clue as to looking you up on Slack, Twitter, etc.) Something you put together as a opposed to a source made by others (i.e. æ.)

I'm sure you are aware that there are plenty of free and easy to use services you can use for this purpose, though I'm now surprised to see it seems that you don't have anything like that.

A CSM diary in the form of a public Google Doc page would be at least something.

(Edited with some hope at clarity.)

I think this outcome is born of 2 main causes.

1. I don't take notes, never did; not in college and not now. I keep everything in my head.
2. At present there isn't really anything I could document for outside viewing. I could say something like "Making off color jokes within earshot of the exchange server causes our meetings to get dropped". This is true but is doesn't offer insight into the substance of said meetings. Offering any specifics into the subject matter would violate NDA. It's tricky and would be easier if my platform was based around something specific and not the over-arching behavioral psychology of the NPE or gasp~ CSM Reform.

I can say that I have presented CCP with a wealth of reading materials in terms of NPE and player psychology.
http://truecenterpublishing.com/psycyber/psycyber.html I can link this here because it's not private information. In university I studied the research of one John Suler, who literally wrote the book on greater internet fuckwad theory. CCP has come to an understanding with me that when I make some confident statement about the social or behavioral implications or outcomes of a proposed change that I know what I am talking about. They haven't asked me at any point to present them with citations and they have so far not once questioned my certainty or knowledge on this subject matter.

It's fortunate that CCP Ghost is the producer for the NPE team, because this means that I don't need to break down any of my words into lay-speak. I can make statements and proposals rich with psy-terms and not have to worry about people having no loving clue what I am trying to say.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54345913/ :pwn:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i know what corp i'm putting my spy into

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

MysteriousThing posted:

CCP has come to an understanding with me that when I make some confident statement about the social or behavioral implications or outcomes of a proposed change that I know what I am talking about. They haven't asked me at any point to present them with citations and they have so far not once questioned my certainty or knowledge on this subject matter.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jm20 posted:

Don't even laugh, they are a thing which is cool and good. I lost my Thon's multispec falcon to another falcon in elitepvp :(

Dude, my wormholling alliance used to rock them four years ago. They were p. much the best thing ever back then too. And cheap as poo poo.

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

There is a right way to do an officer fit SB-BS.
This is not that way.

The optimal way is with a megathron and armor tank. He tried to shield tank with a ship that isn't even practical for use with SBs.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

MysteriousThing posted:

He tried to shield tank with a ship that isn't even practical for use with SBs.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MysteriousThing posted:

I think this outcome is born of 2 main causes.

1. I don't take notes, never did; not in college and not now. I keep everything in my head.
2. At present there isn't really anything I could document for outside viewing. I could say something like "Making off color jokes within earshot of the exchange server causes our meetings to get dropped". This is true but is doesn't offer insight into the substance of said meetings. Offering any specifics into the subject matter would violate NDA. It's tricky and would be easier if my platform was based around something specific and not the over-arching behavioral psychology of the NPE or gasp~ CSM Reform.

I can say that I have presented CCP with a wealth of reading materials in terms of NPE and player psychology.
http://truecenterpublishing.com/psycyber/psycyber.html I can link this here because it's not private information. In university I studied the research of one John Suler, who literally wrote the book on greater internet fuckwad theory. CCP has come to an understanding with me that when I make some confident statement about the social or behavioral implications or outcomes of a proposed change that I know what I am talking about. They haven't asked me at any point to present them with citations and they have so far not once questioned my certainty or knowledge on this subject matter.

It's fortunate that CCP Ghost is the producer for the NPE team, because this means that I don't need to break down any of my words into lay-speak. I can make statements and proposals rich with psy-terms and not have to worry about people having no loving clue what I am trying to say.

I suspect that you are going to be very successful in getting CSM reform.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

This is actually a pretty common way to krab in the East. The rock-type Havens, the Forsaken Rally Points, and a few other Sansha complexes have a fixed, predictable spawning point for all waves of rats in the complex. On top of that, Blood/Sansha rats will orbit you at close range, instead of motoring away from you like Guristas or Serpentis do. So, if you put a BS (or multiple BSes) with faction smartbombs in the dead center, you can clear the entire Haven extremely rapidly.

Here's a video of someone doing it with two Abaddons. Machariels are the ideal hull due to their mobility and good base capacitor, but the Abaddon or Fleet Typhoon works well too.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Why does everyone miss that that mach died to his own buddies SBs :psyduck:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Vando posted:

it's not really missed, he died because he forgot to turn his hardeners on p sure

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Jazzzzz posted:

There are basically two ways to handle plastic wraps as a ganker:
1) Assume some notional value to each wrap
2) Play the lottery (like with a blockade runner)

I think it would be fun to do a statistical study of the value of a sample of wraps but I can't spare the :effort: right now. Boney and Warr seem to appreciate tryhard sperginess so I'll keep that idea in my back pocket though.

Vando posted:

Gonna guess that's a multiboxer (or a "multiboxer" :ssh:) farming setup. Got a little too close to each other in the anom and whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

it's not really missed, he died because he forgot to turn his hardeners on p sure

I'm losing my mind here goddammit people

• Locked thread