Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

jesus christ I need to better appreciate the 4* servants I have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
appreciate all the servants that you have, because they are your friends

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyone who did this on JP got a primer for the Halloween event? It seems fairly simple.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

U-DO Burger posted:

Is the 4* drop rate seriously 3%

There's a little button somewhere on the page that shows the rates and what servants are in each gacha box. It's actually law in Japan that they are completely transparent about rates and contents. FGO got in trouble in the beginning because they combined the rates of Servants and CE's of the same rarity in their listing.

Even though stating that the chance of getting a 5* is 5% and the chance of that 5* being a Servant is 20% is, in fact, 1%, people got confused because math.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
umu wanted to make a colosseum out of gold as tribute to herself, i like umu

Marie's second interlude is, from a story standpoint, the same as Orleans but with Marie instead of Jeanne. I find that more interesting, tbh. Evil Marie seems more fun than Evil Jeanne.

I am now going to save my Quartz for Cleopatra, she seems like a good friend.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

evil jeanne is fun because she likes otome games and dogs

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

dogs are pretty fuckin cool, i want evil jeanne now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could save for the servant thats literally just a dog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobo_the_King_of_Currumpaw

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i do not like art of the main character which isnt that ridiculous chibi one that has eyes of pure darkness

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ritsuka is cute even when she's normal, imo

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Endorph posted:

you could save for the servant thats literally just a dog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobo_the_King_of_Currumpaw

But that isn't Cu? :confused:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Endorph posted:

ritsuka is cute even when she's normal, imo

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The Riyo art is so ingrained in me that it feels really weird seeing normal Ritsuka art.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jalter also has a good casual outfit, which Deliteworks will add to the game next tuesday for me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Marogareh posted:

The Riyo art is so ingrained in me that it feels really weird seeing normal Ritsuka art.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Does anyone know if Chevalier D’eon’s Strengthening quest is in NA yet before I collect mats for their 4th ascension? I know the Interlude is in. The strengthening quest increases their NP debuff from 2 to 3 turns.

I have had somewhat lovely luck and pulled a second Waver and 2 more D’eons instead of something useful while trying for Saber Alter. Then I pulled Drake and Atalanta from tickets when Okeanos released.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Trihugger posted:

There's a little button somewhere on the page that shows the rates and what servants are in each gacha box. It's actually law in Japan that they are completely transparent about rates and contents. FGO got in trouble in the beginning because they combined the rates of Servants and CE's of the same rarity in their listing.

Even though stating that the chance of getting a 5* is 5% and the chance of that 5* being a Servant is 20% is, in fact, 1%, people got confused because math.

Then why is my twitter/tumblr feed full of fuckheads on JP that rolled multiple 4* and 5* in a 10-roll

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gah I hate fighting Dragons.

Can't even taunt them cause they hit everyone.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Plutonis posted:

Then why is my twitter/tumblr feed full of fuckheads on JP that rolled multiple 4* and 5* in a 10-roll

because when there are thousands of rolls a day, a couple are gonna hit that 1% more than once, and everyone posts good rolls. Even in this thread, people post great rolls way more often then "lol I got one three star servant and a bunch of useless CEs"

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Plutonis posted:

Monkeys on typewriters effect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Does anyone know if Chevalier D’eon’s Strengthening quest is in NA yet before I collect mats for their 4th ascension? I know the Interlude is in. The strengthening quest increases their NP debuff from 2 to 3 turns.
yeah, it's in

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I finally quit Clash of Clans because its a terrible game that will never improve. I've got space in my life for a new game, and I'd prefer to spend that small slice of time in a goon-endorsed game. How well does this game compare to, say Final Fantasy Brave Exvius? I played that game for a while and quit because the grind seemed pointless.

I'm not afraid of a grind (I enjoy Summoners War), but I prefer RPG's to be based on random super-rare drops, and I also like a healthy, fun PVE and PVP mode. FFBE's PVE and PVP were both loving terrible and boring.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kyte posted:

Monkeys on typewriters effect.

I don't get it, monkeys smashing on typewriters can create pictures of Japanese people rolling multiple 5*s?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rigel posted:

I finally quit Clash of Clans because its a terrible game that will never improve. I've got space in my life for a new game, and I'd prefer to spend that small slice of time in a goon-endorsed game. How well does this game compare to, say Final Fantasy Brave Exvius? I played that game for a while and quit because the grind seemed pointless.

I'm not afraid of a grind (I enjoy Summoners War), but I prefer RPG's to be based on random super-rare drops, and I also like a healthy, fun PVE and PVP mode. FFBE's PVE and PVP were both loving terrible and boring.
This game has no PVP, and there's no real specific PVE content you're supposed to do over and over like granblue. Instead, the appeal is mostly in the story and in events. It's designed to be like an actual RPG, where you build up a party of your favorite characters from the story while battling through the story.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

An infinite number of monkeys, given infinite time and quartz, will eventually produce a roll containing 10 5* Servants with no repeats.

And then they'll post it and the entire playerbase will curse all monkeykind as we dump tickets and quartz and get nothing but 9 3*s and a Primeval Curse over and over.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Endorph posted:

yeah, it's in

Hell yes, thanks!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shiny777 posted:

An infinite number of monkeys, given infinite time and quartz, will eventually produce a roll containing 10 5* Servants with no repeats.

And then they'll post it and the entire playerbase will curse all monkeykind as we dump tickets and quartz and get nothing but 9 3*s and a Primeval Curse over and over.

More like a Primate Curse, ha ha ha.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

More like a Primate Curse, ha ha ha.

Primate Murder

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Endorph posted:

This game has no PVP, and there's no real specific PVE content you're supposed to do over and over like granblue. Instead, the appeal is mostly in the story and in events. It's designed to be like an actual RPG, where you build up a party of your favorite characters from the story while battling through the story.

thats all well and good, but whats the endgame? I do enjoy a good story, but is there an endgame?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rigel posted:

thats all well and good, but whats the endgame? I do enjoy a good story, but is there an endgame?
There isn't one. Straight-up. The game gets harder as it goes along and eventually the monthly events start having challenge quests that are meant to be difficult even if you have a bunch of max level SSRs, but there's no permanent endgame content.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Endorph posted:

There isn't one. Straight-up. The game gets harder as it goes along and eventually the monthly events start having challenge quests that are meant to be difficult even if you have a bunch of max level SSRs, but there's no permanent endgame content.

ok, thank you for your honesty. I'll look elsewhere.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
As gaming journalists will put it:
FGO is the Dark Souls of Mobage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rigel posted:

ok, thank you for your honesty. I'll look elsewhere.

If you do want a game with a lot of endgame and such, Granblue might be up your alley if you haven't tried it yet. It has multi-player raids and a 'PVP' system where guilds of players compete to do the most endgame content within a certain period of time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Isn't Granblue's phone version like garbage?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Depends on your phone, mostly. It plays fine on mine.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Tae posted:

It constantly downloads files (as in every few days), and takes up a lot of space and bandwidth, I uninstalled it on mine.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

granblue loads slower on phone than fuggo does and it loves to time out on loading. i can't recommend granblue as a phone game at all. i can happily recommend it as a pc game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have unlimited data on my phone and am thus extremely powerful

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't fathom playing GBF on the phone after playing it on a browser.

Browser is just so much more useful.

Also I hate that both GBF and F/GO use the back button on the phone as a 'close app' button instead of letting you go back a page like pretty much every other app game I've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rigel posted:

your money