Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

OwlFancier posted:

You could also live in the UK where (currently) you can eat as many raw eggs as you want because we more or less wiped out salmonella.

That's not really why raw eggs are safer in the UK - in the US, most eggs are washed which removes a protective layer and allows microbes to infect the egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Sagebrush posted:

When I was like 12 and first learned "to get knocked up" I thought it meant "to be buggered" and boy that led to a few confusing interactions

Thanks to a woefully awkward and incomplete version of The Talk when I was about 10, I came away with the understanding that "having sex" was more or less synonymous with "being naked in the same space", up to and including showering together. That sounded kind of fishy to me, which gave me enough caution to not be a loudmouth about my newfound knowledge.

Once I learned the truth I was extremely relieved about the time I had declined an opportunity to bust into a conversation with older kids and say, "Sex? Sure, I know what that is. I have sex with my brother!"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They really should have given scott steiner a PhD for that thesis.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

When I first heard the word "Crotch" as a little kid I couldn't get a straight answer about what it meant but I had a rough idea....and I thought it meant "breast" for months.
I used to always confuse "crotch" and "crutch", which got me really stressed out whenever some other kid came in with a twisted ankle because I'd be terrified of saying the wrong one.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

You could also live in the UK where (currently) you can eat as many raw eggs as you want because we more or less wiped out salmonella.

You gotta toast the flour too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

lol

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hahaha!!

5’d

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Are there other video games quoting bad pro wrestling? I would love to see the plane is on fire Ho Kogan

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Stex T posted:

Are there other video games quoting bad pro wrestling? I would love to see the plane is on fire Ho Kogan

If there aren't, you can always make your own!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I've always thought the scaremongering about drug dealers disguising their poo poo as candy to give to kids was particularly silly for many reasons, but especially because no drug dealer in the loving world just gives away drugs for free

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

this was absolutely incredible and i loved all of it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bike tory posted:

I've always thought the scaremongering about drug dealers disguising their poo poo as candy to give to kids was particularly silly for many reasons, but especially because no drug dealer in the loving world just gives away drugs for free

Same, I could never figure out just what the motivations of grownups were extrapolating from the scary and inscrutable stories I heard about them.

I remember when in like fourth grade "gifted" school they tried to teach us about subliminal advertising and about how the advertisers would put hidden pictures in ads for like liquor and cigarettes and stuff, which I took to mean they would hide like skulls and things in the ice cubes and smoke to try to subliminally tell you "this product will kill you, don't buy it", which I thought was crazy and made no sense. They never quite connected the dots or bothered to explain the "no they would use GOOD imagery because they want you to actually buy the thing" part

I think I might have been put in that class by mistake

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Stex T posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!

Data Graham posted:

Same, I could never figure out just what the motivations of grownups were extrapolating from the scary and inscrutable stories I heard about them.

I remember when in like fourth grade "gifted" school they tried to teach us about subliminal advertising and about how the advertisers would put hidden pictures in ads for like liquor and cigarettes and stuff, which I took to mean they would hide like skulls and things in the ice cubes and smoke to try to subliminally tell you "this product will kill you, don't buy it", which I thought was crazy and made no sense. They never quite connected the dots or bothered to explain the "no they would use GOOD imagery because they want you to actually buy the thing" part

I think I might have been put in that class by mistake

I got like a goddamn week on Joe Camel's loving phallus nose.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Elviscat posted:

"it looks like a flaccid dick, which makes children want to buy those cigarettes"

:psypop:

Empty Sandwich has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Oct 24, 2020

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

I said bad pro wrestling, not unquestionably awesome pro wrestling.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Elviscat posted:

I still have a vague description from someone based on them reading Still Life With Woodpecker confused with the attic stuff from Gormenghast. Don't ask why it's just my dumb brain.

E: so this sort of makes sense:

BaldDwarfOnPCP has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Oct 24, 2020

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bike tory posted:

I rather enjoyed the fearmongering around weed gummi bears.

Like 5 of them shits costs $200.

No one is giving $200 to every kid that comes to their house in order to quickly go to prison for eternity unless they're absolutely criminally insane rich person who loves prison.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I don't know anything about pro wrestling

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

bike tory posted:

I mean, I got vicodin disguised as fruit punch, and it was free (for me) at the time. So, this does happen. It's just that my parents were in the room at the time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Empty Sandwich posted:

"it looks like a flaccid dick, which makes children want to buy those cigarettes"

:psypop:

That's a chase gun, designed for when another camel is trying to intercept you so you can offer fire back towards the pursuing camel.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
For non-wrestling fans, to understand why that was the best post in the thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDuNZyYAIQ

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

And in case that brilliance whizzes by faster than you can understand, you may want to try this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

bike tory posted:

It doesn't make sense for regular drug dealers, sure, but have you considered the SATANIST drug dealers??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's true, they get to claim those drugs as a tax writeoff for charity.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

bike tory posted:

no drug dealer in the loving world just gives away drugs for free

This just came up in another thread but I can assure you

Some of them do

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Hubbardologist posted:

sounds like someone's spending a bit too much time in the pleasure domes

Well, they're so stately and all.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Snowy posted:

Some of them do

"only the first amphetamine-laced bag of sour patch kids is free"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Snowy posted:

Some of them do

Oh I mean some people I know have given drugs to friends as a bro but not to randos

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

bike tory posted:

Oh I mean some people I know have given drugs to friends as a bro but not to randos

Yes to randos

I mean I’m not saying it’s common or anything but I’ve seen it happen a few times. But yeah those stories of disguising it as candy to give away are absurd.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

YO

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Just gonna point out that giving free samples of a highly addictive substance is a good way of getting more people addicted to your product. The trick is that they have know the connection between the sample and the effect, so drug laced Halloween candy is dumb.

I gotta say that having a street full of LSD-trippy kids sounds hilarious, so I could see some psycho doing that.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

BonHair posted:

Just gonna point out that giving free samples of a highly addictive substance is a good way of getting more people addicted to your product. The trick is that they have know the connection between the sample and the effect, so drug laced Halloween candy is dumb.

I remember hearing this was a thing as a kid, that you could get testers of drugs like heroin or cocaine. I've been offered both countless times and nobody ever bothered to throw me a freebie to get me hooked. I'm pretty sure this is just DARE garbage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BonHair posted:

I gotta say that having a street full of LSD-trippy kids sounds hilarious, so I could see some psycho doing that.

Makers of pixie sticks: Why are sells up 500%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BonHair posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to put Angel Dust in my weed.

Look these chemicals have a very low weight to you're getting wet ratio.

Leave the kids out of this.