Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MillennialVulcan posted:

Dairanger's ultrazord finisher is a colony drop, it rules.

I haven't been able to get through two episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam because the idea of a colony drop and the other acts of mass death in the show are that loving terrifying to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dairanger was a weird show. Like when these four weird people are stalking the ramen delivery guy who is then kidnapped by a robotic dragon, then becomes friends with them all to fight a BDSM sex cult.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I own both the original BoA and Legacy versions of the thunder megazord and tigerzord so yeah they're pretty great. (Haven't found a good Tor yet though :argh: )

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
e: wrong thread

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Star Man posted:

I haven't been able to get through two episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam because the idea of a colony drop and the other acts of mass death in the show are that loving terrifying to me

Never watch Gundam SEED

the big super weapon for that season is a literal microwave cannon, and it's effects are shown onscreen in very graphic detail

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Star Man posted:

Watch build fighters, all the cool action robots without deaths

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
MMPR's final appearance of the Dai/Thunderzords had one cool rear end variant on the finishing maneuver that I wish we got to see more of than the one we got all the time.

Would be better if the Saban CGI people had chosen a color that didn't make it look like he's holding a giant banana, but whatever.

The only other comment I have is that Serpentera is my favorite Toei toku model factory creation and even mediocre fanfiction and worse CGI can not change that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that from right before they got murked by Rito?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah, the frames of the animation hitting him looks quality done, so I'm guessing it's from a crossover movie.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I always thought that Dairenoh was the most "powerful-looking" giant toku robot. Maybe I'm just old, but all the newfangled-ones have a really unbalanced silhouette to them that makes it seem like a stiff breeze might knock them over.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Grand Liner seems pretty sturdy

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

You know, I've never asked this because it's kinda a stupid question, but just what are the suits on Sentai shows made out of (when they are suits, of course)? They seem to be able to take a beating from both other suits and sparkle-squibs, but the sheen they tend to have doesn't read to the eye as plastic.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Tae posted:

Watch g gundam

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

You know, I've never asked this because it's kinda a stupid question, but just what are the suits on Sentai shows made out of (when they are suits, of course)? They seem to be able to take a beating from both other suits and sparkle-squibs, but the sheen they tend to have doesn't read to the eye as plastic.

Not sure what the suits are made out of, but here's some good behind the scenes footage that has some zord action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVa1eQF3PI

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MisterBibs posted:

I'd wager it's something along the lines of sculpted styrene or maybe thick foam that's just finished with like 16 coats of lacquer.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The worst thing about the Thunder Megazord was the fact that Zordon cheaped out on the cockpit seats and just used a bunch of office chairs. So the rangers spend most of the fight scenes slipping and sliding all over the place.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The suits are made of love and magic, to defend world peace and protect the smiles of painful otaku everywhere.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

I love Sentai robot hands and the complete refusal to give a gently caress about how goofy it looks to have one arm just be an enormous block of foam latex while the other has the suit actor's hand free to actually hold something.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

SpazmasterX posted:

I own both the original BoA and Legacy versions of the thunder megazord and tigerzord so yeah they're pretty great. (Haven't found a good Tor yet though :argh: )
Want me to find out how much the one being sold at my comic shop is? I always dam well stare at the thing whenever I'm at an event.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

MadScientistWorking posted:

Want me to find out how much the one being sold at my comic shop is? I always dam well stare at the thing whenever I'm at an event.

Nah that's fine, I'm not willing to drop the cash on it right now before dealing with other things.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Ninja Steel finale was one of those "it's not good, it's okay" things that seemed to be trying a little too much for what the runtime allows. But what else is new. It is definitely the weirdest "rangers kill top villain" episodes they've done, but they must have been lacking for footage.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Ninja Steel finale was one of those "it's not good, it's okay" things that seemed to be trying a little too much for what the runtime allows. But what else is new. It is definitely the weirdest "rangers kill top villain" episodes they've done, but they must have been lacking for footage.

It's nice that Kelson Henderson finally got a chance to be a Power Ranger for real at the very least.

And while we already know they're not going this route, the ending of Ninja Steel could have been a perfect segway into them switching over to Zyuohger footage for Season 2 (just change Blue to Green, Pink to Blue, and Gold to TheWorld and you're set). The title probably wouldn't make much sense in that regard but it could have been interesting.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 19, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Power Rangers is going to be in Lootcrate again.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
All season I wonder what the yellow button on the console does.

I build it up in my head.

Surely if they haven't used it yet, it's important.

The Rangers break out new powers and weapons all the time.

The Villains must have some crazy countermeasure, right?

Wrong.

Turns out it's a standard teleporter.

That Victor and Monty use.

Nonchalantly.

Sigh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Craptacular! posted:

In the Sentai he basically just shows up in person for the finale, which is where they took footage of him from. But the fox was basically the main villain in that anyway, so it shouldn't be too awkward.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Was talking about it in the other thread, and I still just cannot get over how much I love the finale battle of Gokaiger because they just straight-up stunlock that motherfucker.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PMush Perfect posted:

Was talking about it in the other thread, and I still just cannot get over how much I love the finale battle of Gokaiger because they just straight-up stunlock that motherfucker.

Shame there isn't a decent quality subbed clip of that fight on YouTube right now, cause yeah that was one hell of a fight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's TVN, which hardly counts, but here, I found one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfMMUWse6I

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PMush Perfect posted:

It's TVN, which hardly counts, but here, I found one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfMMUWse6I

I... I never knew I needed something in my life so badly. :aaa:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Super Megaforce was a travesty, but even moreso once you have the source to compare it to.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ha-BbIyrBI

Today I'd like to give thanks for the fact that I've never uploaded a raw episode by accident, not even once, no sir

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 23, 2017

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Super Megaforce was a travesty, but even moreso once you have the source to compare it to.

Adapting a season which was compromised entirely of love letters and fan service to a franchise which never really made it to the audience was probably never going to go well, honestly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The insistence of welding Gokaiger footage to Goseiger footage was the first of a series of baffling decisions involved in Megaforce/Super Megaforce.

Best part of the Super Megaforce portion of the marathon was chat doing the GOKAI CHANGES and HADE NI IKUZE when appropriate.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gokaiger would have probably been much better off at Disney if someone told them it was the last season ever and they decided to go all-out again

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

The insistence of welding Gokaiger footage to Goseiger footage was the first of a series of baffling decisions involved in Megaforce/Super Megaforce.

Best part of the Super Megaforce portion of the marathon was chat doing the GOKAI CHANGES and HADE NI IKUZE when appropriate.

Yeah, Megaforce probably would have been a little better if they'd been able to either go full Goseiger or full Gokaiger for the whole run. As it stands it's just kind of a rushed mess that doesn't really flow well together (among other problems). Samurai was basically just a watered down Shinkenger but at the very least it had structure and a few small new ideas (Super Megaforce barely even has an ending).

Still not sure which is the worst PR show though, Operation Overdrive which tried to do something original and failed miserably or Megaforce which barely tried at all.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Megaforce probably would have been a little better if they'd been able to either go full Goseiger or full Gokaiger for the whole run. As it stands it's just kind of a rushed mess that doesn't really flow well together (among other problems). Samurai was basically just a watered down Shinkenger but at the very least it had structure and a few small new ideas (Super Megaforce barely even has an ending).

Still not sure which is the worst PR show though, Operation Overdrive which tried to do something original and failed miserably or Megaforce which barely tried at all.

At least Megaforce looked like a real show

There were times in Overdrive where it literally looked like a fake show you'd see playing in the background of a real show or a movie or something.

I don't think Overdrive tried to do ANYTHING except anything related to Mack and even that they just kind of gave up on

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, for someone who's been afraid to even look at OO, someone describe it?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The craziest thing was the fact that they made the Gokaiger suits power up instead of just letting them be there own thing. Not only that, but they had access to these powers from the get go, but Gosei neglected to mention it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I will never get over the fact that all the full-team Zyuranger footage in Gokaiger is them getting the poo poo kicked out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

So, for someone who's been afraid to even look at OO, someone describe it?

Imagine ambien in show form with one, exactly one, good scene and clever character reveal that they piss away by the end anyways.