Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

when they detect incoming wind and rain, trucks will lie down in the field

on occasions trains will get spooked during a heavy rain event and will jump to safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-nBhsMiYc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

on occasions trains will get spooked during a heavy rain event and will jump to safety

im the raising canes

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

when they detect incoming wind and rain, trucks will lie down in the field
evolutionary adaptation is awesome

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

mishaq posted:

im the raising canes

drat fine chicken strips

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

uncurable mlady posted:

drat fine chicken strips

lol no that poo poo's garbage. the sauce is ok but the quality of the meat is bad. get some roscoe's or something

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wtf is this retard doing in such weather!?

OH NBD, GOTZ TO STUFF MAH GULLET

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Stymie posted:

here's the best idea of all: read the goddamn directions before you leave and know where you're going

stymie is right. mostly. sometimes you might get directions, and then oh no there's construction. or an accident. and now u gotta reroute.

but yeah basically just look at a map and have a good sense of direction. nav is for chumps.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
if you know which direction is north and which direction you are going it's easy to reroute without gps. this one weird old Navajo tracker trick makes google mad.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I think it's sad that we genocided the native Americans and don't even have the decency to admit it

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Smythe posted:

I think it's sad that we genocided the native Americans and don't even have the decency to admit it

is that better or worse than canada, which just says that it wasn't against the law at the time to genocide them so it wasn't wrong to do it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

we should admit it and then start giving some serious poo poo to turkey about the armenians

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I was going to post some ironic racism about modern perceptions of native americans but I can't bring myself to do it even here.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yeah :(

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

i can admit it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smythe posted:

i wish we could genocide your posts

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Smythe posted:

it is p. funny that we name all our cool weapons after the peoples we harried to the ends of the earth and killed

apache
blackhawk
chinook
comanche
tomahawk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it is p. funny that we name all our cool weapons after the peoples we harried to the ends of the earth and killed

apache
blackhawk
chinook
comanche
tomahawk

also that our most genocidal president is on our money

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

after their civilizations were utterly annihilated by old world diseases of course.

they did get back a bit with syphilis.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also that our most genocidal president is on our money

obama isn't on our money :confused:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Stymie posted:

obama isn't on our money :confused:

hurr durr

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shifty Pony posted:

after their civilizations were utterly annihilated by old world diseases of course.

they did get back a bit with syphilis.

we hosed em up p bad w/ booze but they got their revenge by givin us tobacco

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

alternatively: reagan isn't on our money :confused:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

we should eleanor roosevelt on the 20

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

apache
blackhawk
chinook
comanche
tomahawk

army helicopter names are approved by the tribes in question, who generally fuckin love it

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

is that better or worse than canada, which just says that it wasn't against the law at the time to genocide them so it wasn't wrong to do it

try telling an average canadian it was genocide at all and watch them lose their poo poo.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

try telling an average canadian it was genocide at all and watch them lose their poo poo.

true

canadians are deeply in denial about how we hosed over and continue to gently caress over natives

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

GrumpyDoctor posted:

army helicopter names are approved by the tribes in question, who generally fuckin love it

do they get anything out of it?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

owned

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I unironically like 2048 more than Threes

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Also.

Cold on a Cob posted:

true

Australians are deeply in denial about how we hosed over and continue to gently caress over aboriginals

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

hail satan and god bless the EU. the digital single market will be bad for apple's enemies

http://recode.net/2015/05/05/what-to-expect-from-the-eus-move-to-regulate-u-s-tech-companies/

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol indeed

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Even better: this is what you now get when you search for "threes"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cold on a Cob posted:

true

canadians are deeply in denial about how we hosed over and continue to gently caress over natives

i have to steer the conversation away from anything political whenever my dad and i drive through a reservation up north

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kill all landlords

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this but unironically

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

i'm going to claim the house up the street, the current owners are selfish bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

quote:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Four of the nearly 50 self-driving cars now rolling around California have gotten into accidents since September, when the state began issuing permits for companies to test them on public roads.

:allears:

quote:

Five other companies have testing permits. In response to questions from the AP, all said they had no accidents. In all, 48 cars are licensed to test on public roads.

:allears:

http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:297ef1bfb75847de95d856fb08dc0687

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 11, 2015

• Locked thread