Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

having winter suit means i don't have to SA more elusives right? just toss some bombs, blow them up, and if the target dies i can leave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

where the red fern gropes posted:

having winter suit means i don't have to SA more elusives right? just toss some bombs, blow them up, and if the target dies i can leave?
Yes.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just completed the Sarajevo Six. Did not expect that twist with the final target. Pretty cool though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The Sarajevo Six are a big love letter callback to the first game, and I love it for that alone. I hope they'll be available on PC someday.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The only reason to SA ETs after you get the Winter Suit is if you're playing some long game and expect that to retroactively count for something later. Odds are that won't be the case though and the only other rewards from ETs (the Absolution/Blood Money/Signature Gloves progression and the area-specific suits) are all tracked based on successful completion with or without SA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

shut up blegum posted:

Just completed the Sarajevo Six. Did not expect that twist with the final target. Pretty cool though.

I have the game on PC so I'd never heard of these. Reading up on it, it appears that your final target is the guy who took out the contract on the whole team, because he feels guilty over their (and his) crimes and wants them (and himself) to die for them?

Because that's really cool and it's a shame it isn't on PC.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Jerusalem posted:

I have the game on PC so I'd never heard of these. Reading up on it, it appears that your final target is the guy who took out the contract on the whole team, because he feels guilty over their (and his) crimes and wants them (and himself) to die for them?

Because that's really cool and it's a shame it isn't on PC.

Yep and after he explains his actions he just stands there and lets you kill him. It's pretty great.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So this was kind of an interesting contract to do. Not actually mine, I ported it from somebody on XBox.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nakar posted:

So this was kind of an interesting contract to do. Not actually mine, I ported it from somebody on XBox.

This was fun to watch!

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/860081956767322112

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is there a way to see how many elusive targets you've already killed? And how many SA ratings you got for them. Because I just found this snippet in the blog post: 'At this point, you'll need to have already earned 2 Silent Assassin ratings from the previous 10 ET's before starting The Bad Boy to be able to unlock the prestigious Winter Suit via Elusive Targets.'

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Dammit, no Winter Suit for me then, nor will I get all of the map specific ones I guess. My first was the recent Colorado one and I screwed up SA on the way out. Well i'm happy with the Colorado ET suit anyway :) Is there any chance one of the final two will be in Hokkaido? The only other suit i'm really bothered about getting now is that one.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bangkok SA/SO on Professional was stressful as gently caress. I kept punching targets from around a corner instead of subduing them, it was frustrating as gently caress.

Thankfully once I got to the bathroom near Cross I got super lucky and the very first distraction coin I threw attracted Cross himself, so I was able to get in and out much quicker than I should've.

Professional mode has taught me a lot of useful skills I never really had to learn on normal, like the peek-a-boo technique and leaving weapons in front of doors to buy time from patrolling guards. It's definitely made me a better player.

Now onto the nightmare of Colorado.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

shut up blegum posted:

Is there a way to see how many elusive targets you've already killed? And how many SA ratings you got for them. Because I just found this snippet in the blog post: 'At this point, you'll need to have already earned 2 Silent Assassin ratings from the previous 10 ET's before starting The Bad Boy to be able to unlock the prestigious Winter Suit via Elusive Targets.'
Go into Statistics -> Elusive Targets and you can see whether you succeeded (the ETs you beat will say ELIMINATED, if not it will say FAILED or MISSED). The number of those you have is equal to your progression toward Absolution Suit (5), Blood Money Suit (10), and Signature Suit w/ Gloves (13). Go into Challenges -> Elusive Targets and look for the SA challenges to see how close you are to the Winter Suit.

The challenge for reach ET by itself isn't useful because you get the challenge from killing the ET even if you do something that causes you to fail afterward. ELIMINATED on the Statistics screen always tracks successful mission completion, so that's a better metric. The SA challenge however doesn't unlock unless you finish the mission and achieve SA on it, so those challenges are OK for tracking progress.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Wow I have exactly 2 but like I need that kind of pressure

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

shut up blegum posted:

So that would mean only 3 more ET's at most, including the upcoming one? That's frustrating. I haven't missed any since I bought the full game in November but that's only 9, so I'll be 1 away from the final unlock if I get them all. I know it's just another red tie variant but still.

Aug 24, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Wow I have exactly 2 but like I need that kind of pressure

all you need is santa suit

Hobo Clown posted:

So that would mean only 3 more ET's at most, including the upcoming one? That's frustrating. I haven't missed any since I bought the full game in November but that's only 9, so I'll be 1 away from the final unlock if I get them all. I know it's just another red tie variant but still.

all you need is santa suit

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm another in the need a flawless ET run from now on boat. Also perfect amount to unlock the final signature suits. I've had the game since Sapienza but wasn't always about or was too crap to finish the ETs.

Edit: Well, regarding the new ET, I can get close but he appears to just sit in the one location and is surrounded by a lot of NPCs, some armed. There's a hint about causing harm to his car near the beginning but unsure how to pull that off and remain in the running for a SA rating.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 5, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I'm another in the need a flawless ET run from now on boat. Also perfect amount to unlock the final signature suits. I've had the game since Sapienza but wasn't always about or was too crap to finish the ETs.

Edit: Well, regarding the new ET, I can get close but he appears to just sit in the one location and is surrounded by a lot of NPCs, some armed. There's a hint about causing harm to his car near the beginning but unsure how to pull that off and remain in the running for a SA rating.

Alternatively get Bosco to the ol' QA session, poison the target's water bottle, and voila.

Pretty easy.........except I decided to not play with that and just sniped him. :v: Not a clean kill, but I pulled it off, got the Sapienza suit unlock, and I'm happy with that, especially as I didn't use any walkthroughs.

Aug 24, 2011

I am sort of curious what dialogue I missed by not forcing the Q&A session

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

where the red fern gropes posted:

I am sort of curious what dialogue I missed by not forcing the Q&A session

Bosco answers the questions instead of Iron Man guy

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug
Very unsilent - sniped him in the earhole through the window of the kitchen door then ran away in a hail of bullets. Two stars. Probably one of those where I'll come to regret not doing it a more fun way, but it was too tempting in the moment.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
I got fairly close to SA, luring people out of the cafe with coins into the tower and knocking them out, then stashing the bodies in the room with the multiple freezers. Then the second bodyguard moved a little too close to the stairs and instead of choking him out quietly 47 decided to judo chop him instead, getting compromised :negative:

gently caress it, boom headshot, new disguise from downstairs, leg it to the exit.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

This was a super easy ET to SA.

Get kitchen outfit, run upstairs and disable evidence, shoot lighting rig twice through circular window to trigger QA, run to QA table and lethal poison left water bottle.

Then wait a few minutes by the exit for the kill to pop up.

Once they added head turning to the game, The Icon became a real bitch to navigate if you have to actually move around the set, so I'm glad you could avoid that for this one.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I did it by going through the set it wasnt that bad, but I don't know why triggering things with the pistol never occurs to me in this game.

I hope the next two elusive targets are in colorado and hokkaido, those are the only location suits I don't have.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Not super interesting, but here's a SA + Suit Only + "Default" Equipment + Fiber Wire Only run at the ET.

"Default" in quotes because it's a mechanically default loadout but I went with the Requiem Suit, ICA Chrome, and Gold Coins for style. Still looted a good half dozen coins in mission and I ended up needing most of them because they kept breaking due to the thrown item bug. :eng99:

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I feel like I was supposed to get ET with how formulaic it played out, but was lucky to just get out after things went slightly wrong. I went for the car opportunity.

I knocked out the two goons next to his car, and hid them in that little corral near the back. With them out of the way I blew the car up with a mine. The ET came out with his entourage, then went behind a truck to pee off the cliff. Fortune favors the bold, so I ran back there and kicked him off, but one of the stage crew guys spotted it. I made it out but no ET.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

qbert posted:

This was a super easy ET to SA.

Get kitchen outfit, run upstairs and disable evidence, shoot lighting rig twice through circular window to trigger QA, run to QA table and lethal poison left water bottle.

Then wait a few minutes by the exit for the kill to pop up.

Once they added head turning to the game, The Icon became a real bitch to navigate if you have to actually move around the set, so I'm glad you could avoid that for this one.

Do the guys in the ice cream shop count for this? I haven't played The Icon yet

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
You don't need to knock anyone out or even trespass to get a Kitchen Assistant disguise on Icon. Stick to the obvious public area and look around and you'll find it easily.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Do the guys in the ice cream shop count for this? I haven't played The Icon yet

You can get one without knocking anyone out. Go to the back alley behind the cafe and you'll see a red van next to a kitchen assistant milling about. There's a kitchen disguise in the van.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Now that I think of it, every single Sapienza map has a free Kitchen Assistant disguise. In World of Tomorrow you have Rocco's pants, and in Landslide there's one in the meat shop that nobody's in.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah I got it after some messing up- you have to shoot the control panel not the lights themselves for some reason. The lawyer's office has a good vantage point. Thanks, I've only had time for one ET before so it's nice to get working on the suits.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

2 Bullets + 2 Coins + Boot to the rear end = SASO

Fun watching that irritating prick tumble

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
One thing I noticed when Badboy was in the cafe is that he started going on and on about how Kane and Lynch was a revolutionary game that was ahead of it's time. :allears: Keep telling yourselves that IO

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happy to have gotten it done with Silent Assassin, I spent some time just hanging out/experimenting with stuff first to hear the dialogue, I love his beleaguered Agent. I completely missed the QA session though, which I feel dumb about since from memory it appears in the briefing video.

I only just really took a look at the suit unlocks and man that Winter Suit sure is pretty, but I've only done 4 Elusive Targets so far, failed one of them, SAed 2 and cleared the other noisily. I hope I don't miss out on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jerusalem posted:

Happy to have gotten it done with Silent Assassin, I spent some time just hanging out/experimenting with stuff first to hear the dialogue, I love his beleaguered Agent. I completely missed the QA session though, which I feel dumb about since from memory it appears in the briefing video.

I only just really took a look at the suit unlocks and man that Winter Suit sure is pretty, but I've only done 4 Elusive Targets so far, failed one of them, SAed 2 and cleared the other noisily. I hope I don't miss out on it.

I'm hoping season 2 will just add on to the unlocks and still let you get the current suits. Because I'm going to end up one short of the Signature Suit with Gloves.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Poisoned the water at the Q & A, easy peasy.

I'm also missing out on a bunch of the suits because I only got the game during that last Colorado Exclusive Target, which I hashed up in the house while making the 3D-printed mask.

Along those lines - I found out that the Tuppence A Wish challenge in Bangkok is just getting enough coins off the mirror into the fountain pool in Ken Morgan's suite, but it's a hell of a time actually getting it to happen. Any tips beyond keeping a save and trying it once or twice a day?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Along those lines - I found out that the Tuppence A Wish challenge in Bangkok is just getting enough coins off the mirror into the fountain pool in Ken Morgan's suite, but it's a hell of a time actually getting it to happen. Any tips beyond keeping a save and trying it once or twice a day?

This worked for me but from everything I've read it's almost completely random in what causes it to trigger so your mileage may vary. I basically went around the map and collected as many coins as I could (12 I think), bounced them all into the pool and then threw in a remote explosive. That blasted all the coins back out, I collected them and tossed them back in and the challenge came up completed.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Watch a video I guess? I did it only a few tries after watching one. Even if nobody has a good/clear explanation maybe your lizard brain picks up the right moves.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Grab all the coins you can find. Bring 3, raid Jackie Carrington's room, the laundry room, the vending machine outside the laundry room, the four on the trashed floor with the crew guys, and the one in the garden. That's 16. Save and just see what you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

In Colorado how do you get to the other exits for challenge completion? The tornado shelter locks after you it seems