Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Mazerunner posted:

there's zero reason to do that because all the vendors are at the tower

That guy was complaining about the tower being too big and wanting to go back to the farm, though.

Also, many of the vendors at the tower are different characters than their farm counterparts. Theoretically, there may eventually be quest steps that therefor require you to return to the farm to talk to one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
This could be a pretty dumb question, but how do I play missions with strangers? I’ve done all of the precursor tutorial stuff and it told me that coop play was available, but I can’t seem to find any sort of public matchmaking. This was a lot easier in D1

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Linx posted:

This could be a pretty dumb question, but how do I play missions with strangers? I’ve done all of the precursor tutorial stuff and it told me that coop play was available, but I can’t seem to find any sort of public matchmaking. This was a lot easier in D1

There's no matchmaking for campaign, nightfalls, adventures, or raids. Only strikes and crucible. You have to unlock strikes partway through the campaign first, also.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
[quote="“Funkmaster General”" post="“476203509”"]
There’s no matchmaking for campaign, nightfalls, adventures, or raids. Only strikes and crucible. You have to unlock strikes partway through the campaign first, also.
[/quote]

That seems like an odd choice from bungie. I’m not going crazy right, you could do this in D1?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Linx posted:

That seems like an odd choice from bungie. I’m not going crazy right, you could do this in D1?

Nope.

You can play all those things co-op, mind you. You'll just need to form a group first. If you really wanted to play with strangers you can spam invites at the farm/tower.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
FELLOWS:

I am looking for a goon xbone clan. Primarily for raiding/nightfalls, but occasionally down for PVP also. Have galljherjehron and spindle and can run sword on your mom. TIA.

I went to discord, but it's all PS4 and PC people in that business.

Gamertag: IncontintlBkfst

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Nightfalls had matchmaking at one point, but then they took it out. Or vice versa? I don't remember.

Either way yeah regular campaign missions and patrols didn't have matchmaking in 1 either.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mr. WTF posted:

FELLOWS:

I am looking for a goon xbone clan. Primarily for raiding/nightfalls, but occasionally down for PVP also. Have galljherjehron and spindle and can run sword on your mom. TIA.

I went to discord, but it's all PS4 and PC people in that business.

Gamertag: IncontintlBkfst

I want to vouch for this dude he makes great dirty jokes even though im not on his platfoam

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Linx posted:

There is a fireteam finder in the companion app, isn't there?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Getting frequent Code Beetle errors. It disconnects and reconnects quickly but it's annoying to redo walking. I haven't had problems with other online games or the original Destiny. Can't figure out what the issue is.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Jolo posted:

Getting frequent Code Beetle errors. It disconnects and reconnects quickly but it's annoying to redo walking. I haven't had problems with other online games or the original Destiny. Can't figure out what the issue is.

The game is only a few days old and sold very well; expect issues for a while, especially on weekends. While you can argue that Destiny isn't an MMO (it is, IMO), it definitely shares some of the issues of them, particularly that the servers stress a bit when lots of people are connected at once.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
About 5 minutes after hitting 20 I had like 5 each of 10+ different shaders it's not a big deal at all

I'll take the consumable trade-off for being able to completely clown outfit my space man with clashing colours

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Funkmaster General posted:

That guy was complaining about the tower being too big and wanting to go back to the farm, though.

Also, many of the vendors at the tower are different characters than their farm counterparts. Theoretically, there may eventually be quest steps that therefor require you to return to the farm to talk to one of those.

no I mean the vanguards, shaxx, eververse, bird lady- they all go to the tower and are NOT replaced.

the only things that stick around in the farm are a cryptarch, vault and postmaster.

So yeah you can decode engrams at the farm, but uhhh, that cryptarch is further from the spawn than the tower's so that really defeats the whole idea

there is actually a quest that has you talk to farm's cryptarch but for general gameplay there's zero reason at all to use the farm, you're going to use the tower, and the tower is very big and spread out for some vendors

e; although tbf the vendors you're going to use regularly (postmaster, shaxx, gunsmith, cryptarch, zavala, eververse, vaults) they are all in the central location and bunched up so that's good

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 8, 2017

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

The shader thing is a non-issue and weapon shaders, ship shaders, sparrow shaders, plus being able to shade idividual pieces of armor differently are all fantastic changes.

Raid shaders could be annoying, but it does mean that older raids might still be relavent for much longer than otherwise. I'd go back for more glowhoo, if I needed to, for example.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

You can go back to the farm. It shows up on the director map on earth. Upper right corner, past the playable area on the map.

Oh good! I'll just use that to do all my Vanguard, Crucible, and Clan stuff there then. Thanks!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

no I mean the vanguards, shaxx, eververse, bird lady- they all go to the tower and are NOT replaced.

the only things that stick around in the farm are a cryptarch, vault and postmaster.

So yeah you can decode engrams at the farm, but uhhh, that cryptarch is further from the spawn than the tower's so that really defeats the whole idea

there is actually a quest that has you talk to farm's cryptarch but for general gameplay there's zero reason at all to use the farm, you're going to use the tower, and the tower is very big and spread out for some vendors

I don't really understand the point you're making. The dude said he wished he could go back to the farm and I was telling him he could. :shrug:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The game is only a few days old and sold very well; expect issues for a while, especially on weekends. While you can argue that Destiny isn't an MMO (it is, IMO), it definitely shares some of the issues of them, particularly that the servers stress a bit when lots of people are connected at once.

Yeah, I don't see many people complaining about it online which is making me wonder if there's something messed up on my end. I'm using those Powerline Adapters and they work great most of the time but sometimes the internet just cuts out completely.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

I don't really understand the point you're making. The dude said he wished he could go back to the farm and I was telling him he could. :shrug:

You're not wrong, but you did miss the point bigly.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

the complaint was that the tower was too big, so the farm's smaller size would be better- for going around talking to vendors. Why else would it matter if the tower's too big?

You can go back to the farm, yes, but you can't actually do anything there. It's more pointless than the reef, or the rise of iron place. So yeah you can go hang out but for general gameplay you're going to use the tower, and the complaint that the tower is too big still stands (although like I said the important vendors are right next to the spawn so it's not that bad).

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

the complaint was that the tower was too big, so the farm's smaller size would be better- for going around talking to vendors. Why else would it matter if the tower's too big?

You can go back to the farm, yes, but you can't actually do anything there. It's more pointless than the reef, or the rise of iron place. So yeah you can go hang out but for general gameplay you're going to use the tower, and the complaint that the tower is too big still stands (although like I said the important vendors are right next to the spawn so it's not that bad).

Okay, I see your point. I guess I was just thrown off since it was directed at me rather than the guy who actually complained about it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jolo posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Support/Troubleshoot?oid=12915

BEETLE looks like a general network error. Gimme some basics:

- Using wifi or hard ethernet cable?
- What's your network look like; is your console plugged directly into the router?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

xzzy posted:

Proc gen is stupid. It only means you have an infinite number of caves that all look pretty much the same. Instead of a handful of caves created by an actual artist.

Yeah serious why is it even a thing, let alone a selling point? I suppose it has niche realistic applications that aren't just being lazy

Like why do I care if No Mans Sky has a zillion planets to explore if they're all just copy and pasted from the same pool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are there alternate lines later in the game if you import your save, like for the first time you meet The Taken?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

RBA Starblade posted:

Are there alternate lines later in the game if you import your save, like for the first time you meet The Taken?

Related, but does the cool intro thing play again if you play another imported character? Because I deleted my warlock to start fresh and got no intro. If I had known it would only play the one time I probably would have recorded it. :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

No, there's absolutely nothing different for returning characters.

It would have been nice if they cut out the tutorial bullshit at least, but I can see how that would be of limited benefit compared to the work to implement it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
How game changing are the exotic effects at end game? I'm saying this co's I was planing on playing a sentinel titan but if that means I'm going to have to wear those doom fang pauldrons I think I'll have to say no.

I know this is the silliest thing but that thing is just hideous.

If they wanted my money instead of the limited shaders, I would pay a lot to be able to transmog that...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DrNutt posted:

Related, but does the cool intro thing play again if you play another imported character? Because I deleted my warlock to start fresh and got no intro. If I had known it would only play the one time I probably would have recorded it. :(

I was afraid of that happening even though I hate my robot warlock's face. And I am afraid they may add stuff later... but I am playing on PC so what does it matter. :3:

The intro is kinda neat but it's just a picture of something with some names. I don't think there is emblems or shaders or anything you get for being there since the start.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Finally getting a chance to play this, little by little.

I basically don't know anything about Destiny 2 which is awesome right now because finding out new stuff is great.

Wtf is the clan function?

THe beginning would have been way better if they had let your guardian die in the tower.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
if you're wondering what fusions own, Shock and Awe is pretty wicked. 90ish impact, 60ish range, and it's a legendary with the Plan C fast swap perk. it melts real gud.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I just got a grenade launcher that goes in the energy weapon slot :stare:

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 8, 2017

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Pigbottom posted:

How game changing are the exotic effects at end game? I'm saying this co's I was planing on playing a sentinel titan but if that means I'm going to have to wear those doom fang pauldrons I think I'll have to say no.

If they wanted my money instead of the limited shaders, I would pay a lot to be able to transmog that...

They're good but you have plenty of other choices for exotics as a titan. There's a really good void-based helmet from what I recall.

Brine fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 8, 2017

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

I think that's one of the better looking exotics, personally. The other titan arms, the ones that look kinda like the RoI raid gear, also look fantastic, especially with shaders. Anyway, you can just use a different exotic. The meta hasn't solidified yet, so it's possible that refusing to use a given one might give you a bit of a disadvantage, but it's not going to lock you out of viability, especially for PvE content.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Vintersorg posted:

I was afraid of that happening even though I hate my robot warlock's face. And I am afraid they may add stuff later... but I am playing on PC so what does it matter. :3:

The intro is kinda neat but it's just a picture of something with some names. I don't think there is emblems or shaders or anything you get for being there since the start.

Just this little thing for us long time players was immeasurably better than what their Age of Triumph tried to accomplish.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don't get me wrong - I thought it was really nice and they went above and beyond to pull up the people around you at the time. But if that is all it is - maybe watch once then recreate.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Soulex posted:

Wtf is the clan function?

You get prizes based on how good at the game other members are and also your clan gets a Sherpa Rating for how good you are at handholding pubbies.

The Clan Roster seems to be broken right now.

How many PS4 clans are we at? I'm in Biggest Dumbest Space Men, with 47 members, but I thought it was full up.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Speaking of, did anyone else's memory section not mention Crota's end? I was disappointed to not see it there because I guess it means the server thinks I never did it? Probably will never be relavent, but sort of annoying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bungie never learns.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Strikes are SO GOOD!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

GOOD! This gives me confidence they'll put No Land Beyond back in my hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

if you're wondering what fusions own, Shock and Awe is pretty wicked. 90ish impact, 60ish range, and it's a legendary with the Plan C fast swap perk. it melts real gud.

The Merciless exotic FR is real fun in PvE. By shot number 4 its firing as fast as you can pull the trigger.