Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Literally open Jabber one time or listen to one Mumble thing. Lmao

Edit: cursed snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Rutibex posted:

Just to be clear, being randomly purged is not a slight inconvenience. I'm researching capital ship construction blueprints atm (in high sec thank god) so I can get into capital construction. If I was running capital ship construction jobs when my roles got pulled all of my industry jobs would be cancelled and I would lose billions of isk in materials. All of my market orders get hosed up too, and you have to pay tax upfront just to post market orders.

I think purging people to make them pay attention or whatever is a really dumb policy, and I can't risk having that happen again if I get into bigger production. So I'm going to see what I can do in NPC 0.0, where no one owns the stations.

Please tell us where you will be doing this so we can ship some shuttle bpos around

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

can someone explain to me what all these init and other goon elements are doing in low sec near provi bloc? And also why Panfam are down here? There was supposed to be a cool and fun war between spectre fleet and provi bloc and now all the big dick null blocs are down here ruining everyone's good time

Like just random roams or a big fleet doing strategic things? If it's just a roam it's probably because our official opponents refuse to undock so sometimes a fleet goes to find random fights for fun.

If it was a big deal fleet there was probably a random structure being defended/attacked. The other day I was on a fleet that went to loving metropolis to defend structure. We got a fight out of it, which was good. But it was a hilarious 30 jump expedition that passed through lowsec and highsec and as usual goons were terrible. We had the faction police yelling at several guys all the time. To keep the faction police from murdering naughty goons we would freeburn through the highsec legs, which led to the fleet splitting due to dumb autopilot settings a couple times. When we were going home after the fight one of our dudes got Concorded because he'd been popping enemy pods during the fight and his "red skull timer" hadn't run out yet. I think we lost an osprey to the Triglavians.
:newlol:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Just to be clear, being randomly purged is not a slight inconvenience. I'm researching capital ship construction blueprints atm (in high sec thank god) so I can get into capital construction. If I was running capital ship construction jobs when my roles got pulled all of my industry jobs would be cancelled and I would lose billions of isk in materials. All of my market orders get hosed up too, and you have to pay tax upfront just to post market orders.

I think purging people to make them pay attention or whatever is a really dumb policy, and I can't risk having that happen again if I get into bigger production. So I'm going to see what I can do in NPC 0.0, where no one owns the stations.

Seriously (kind of), why were you researching capital BPO in highsec with all the rigged Sotiyo that are pestering Delve and the ludicrous bonuses they offer? Looks like you saw this coming.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rutibex posted:

all you had to do was install jabber or mumble and literally log in for one minute a month on both or either, and you felt that was such an inconvenience to you or frankly beneath you as a true goon that special discompensation should be made to you and you alone. gently caress off you entitled shitbird

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

froody guy posted:

Seriously (kind of), why were you researching capital BPO in highsec with all the rigged Sotiyo that are pestering Delve and the ludicrous bonuses they offer? Looks like you saw this coming.

I didn't want them to ever be vulnerable to a siege if I stopped playing for a few months and didn't pay attention. I know they would go into asset safety, but they are expensive so it would be annoying. It's always been just as easy to make copies and fly them wherever I need.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

all you had to do was install jabber or mumble and literally log in for one minute a month on both or either, and you felt that was such an inconvenience to you or frankly beneath you as a true goon that special discompensation should be made to you and you alone. gently caress off you entitled shitbird

I purged about 300 accounts. There has been only one person complain. I've gotten a lot more messages and PMs from people that dodged the bullet by their random fleet or how their pc saved them by auto launching jabber. A few other people who were like "okay, nbd, back in a week."

All in all, by my calculations 99.7% of the people affected have acted like mature adults about this situation. However, there's always that one guy.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

I didn't want them to ever be vulnerable to a siege if I stopped playing for a few months and didn't pay attention. I know they would go into asset safety, but they are expensive so it would be annoying. It's always been just as easy to make copies and fly them wherever I need.

What I'm hearing is "so I can sell BPCs to enemies easily"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

You're still missing the point that had you been logged in to jabber once in 90 days this wouldn't happen.

You've no real reason to get all pissed off because for all intents and purposes you were just afking in the alliance.

However, continue to do so because it is funny to everyone in this thread.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

this guy is almost certainly a troll but the idea of throwing a fit about an activity purge, countered by the sole task of "staying connected to jabber and receiving pings" is pretty funny

poo poo i haven't done anything that would have given me a pap link in over a year and i didn't get purged, and i know andromache wouldn't think twice about booting my rear end if it was deserved

This dude has forever been the most obvious troll. He went from sharing totally shitfit ratting and pvp domi fits and playing the “hurr durr how to eve” game, to talking authoritatively about supers and industry over the course of like 5 months. Throwing a fit about LeAvInG fOr GrEeNeR pAsTuReS after not logging into jabber for a year, yet still playing actively enough to post retarded poo poo in this thread daily, exemplifies this.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 23, 2019

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

I purged about 300 accounts. There has been only one person complain. I've gotten a lot more messages and PMs from people that dodged the bullet by their random fleet or how their pc saved them by auto launching jabber. A few other people who were like "okay, nbd, back in a week."

All in all, by my calculations 99.7% of the people affected have acted like mature adults about this situation. However, there's always that one guy.

I think a part of you enjoy that one guy that validates all the fruits of your labor though.

we have just been blessed he's posting here. :toot:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Tsed posted:

just lol if you don't have a dedicated VM running bitlbee to goonfleet jabber so you can connect to your screened irssi/weechat sessions 24/7.

This but unironically.

Rutibex posted:

You're a loving retard, and I hope this actually ends with a blacklisting because of your obviously lovely behaviour. So-called troll or not.

Paramemetic posted:

He could do that out of Delve just as easy, BPCs don't take up much space and are cheap to move with ITL/PushX. Only he'd make a ton more ISK doing it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

causticBeet posted:

This dude has forever been the most obvious troll. He went from sharing totally shitfit ratting and pvp domi fits and playing the “hurr durr how to eve” game, to talking authoritatively about supers and industry over the course of like 5 months. Throwing a fit about LeAvInG fOr GrEeNeR pAsTuReS after not logging into jabber for a year, yet still playing actively enough to post retarded poo poo in this thread daily, exemplifies this.

Don't forget, they also claimed to be in capswarm and yet never logged into jabber or mumble to actually receive a ping for a capswarm op

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Don't forget, they also claimed to be in capswarm and yet never logged into jabber or mumble to actually receive a ping for a capswarm op

Relevant repost:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

andromache posted:

Relevant repost:

Looks like a spy to me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m pretty sure his industry jobs would have continued, he would have just been unable to dock and grab the results (and would have to be in the same region to click the finish button)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'd not put much faith in the forums dates though as Atrum has said:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Yeah, the forum dates in Manager are hosed and Bittey said he's not going to fix them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

orange juche posted:

Looks like a spy to me

That does seem like the level of effort you'd expect from a Groon spy.

koahi
Jan 14, 2013
lets all have fun and be cool

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Not even remotely how this works.

I got purged and my neighbor died!!! WTF!

Von Bonez
Apr 13, 2012

Rutibex posted:

It wasn't random, if you were actually contributing you wouldn't have been purged.

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.
Kind of a lovely spy if he isn't even logged in on jabber to leak pings.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I cannot fathom EVE or Goons or GoonWaffeSwarmImperium without Jabber. Like, the very idea I cannot parse. If you don’t have Jabber are you even loving alive?

Literally EVE is a coincidence in the relationship/connection to Goons at this point. Jabber is the real community.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Tsed posted:

just lol if you don't have a dedicated VM running bitlbee to goonfleet jabber so you can connect to your screened irssi/weechat sessions 24/7.

amen

all you need to do to not get purged is log into jabber OR mumble OR get a single pap every 90 days.

this is not hard and is something you can plan for.

:fuckoff:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CX8-6K BAI RUTIBEX
23G-XC YA LATER RUTIBEX
Y-2ANO RUTIBEXES ALLOWED

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

dragonshardz posted:

amen

all you need to do to not get purged is log into jabber OR mumble OR get a single pap every 90 days.

this is not hard and is something you can plan for.

:fuckoff:

You know you've hosed up when all the D-name posters come out for an easy dunk

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
but have you seen his reg date??????????

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

PST posted:

You asked for an explanation.

In essence your entire argument is that you were having a nice 1v 1 fight in lowsec and other people dared to land on grid and engage

I mean seriously wtf are you even trying to argue. How dare anyone third party? Only honourable space fights allowed?

Lmfao no you dipshit. I was asking how it was the northern conflict moved to a dead space of low sec since I’ve seen both big null blocs show up without any explanation in the past like, two weeks

My expectation is that there IS an explanation I’m not privy to and someone might talk about that but instead I got dumbass stale memes

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Lmfao no you dipshit. I was asking how it was the northern conflict moved to a dead space of low sec since I’ve seen both big null blocs show up without any explanation in the past like, two weeks

My expectation is that there IS an explanation I’m not privy to and someone might talk about that but instead I got dumbass stale memes

nice meltdown

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This is still a good thread

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Paramemetic posted:

That's it! That's what his discourse reminds me of! One of those supercap producers who gets SUPER ANGRY when they get caught selling to NCDOT.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
At this point why not, they'll never catch goons plus they too scared to throw them into anything

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I will say that Ruti's contributions to this thread has been magnificent these past few pages. If only his posting were as good in, say, elysium, or perhaps GBS.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

He wouldn't last a day in elysium, much less gs_isk :laffo:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I've never been vacationed since I joined in 2011, but I loving hate playing EVE on the regular with every fiber of my being, ever since I got a real long-term job. gently caress having two jobs. What is the modern process to being vacationed now? Will I get a notification? Whose dick do I have to suck to get back in (Scooter McCabe's is too obvious)? Since mine was a really slow burnout, am I just better off taking a clean break from EVE for 6+ months before attempting to return?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

School Nickname posted:

I've never been vacationed since I joined in 2011, but now loving hate playing EVE on the regular with every fiber of my being since I got a real long-term job. gently caress having two jobs. What is the modern process to being vacationed now? Will I get a notification? Whose dick do I have to suck to get back in (Scooter McCabe's is too obvious)? Since mine was a really slow burnout, am I just better off taking a clean break from EVE for 6+ months before attempting to return?

You probably got purged already unless you've been logging into jabber/mumble regularly. Follow the normal retvet process if/when you come back.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016
Free Holesquad

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

dragonshardz posted:

You probably got purged already unless you've been logging into jabber/mumble regularly. Follow the normal retvet process if/when you come back.

Yeah I've been logging into jabber at least once a week, or fortnight at worst for my eve career to keep up with PL's demise (I bully any PL members in mordhau now). I literally don't know what the retvet process is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You don't have to vacation. Just do your normal thing. IF you get purged, then you do the retvet. But if you've been doing jabber once a week you won't get purged and literally nothing changes from your current play style.