Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Crow posted:

So this looks kind of bad-rear end.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43732

Disappointing in the lack of iron boners however.

I never bothered with new races but now, huh.
Now I need ANOTHER run through as Johnny Five point Five He stays alive, but you won't) or finally grab that poncho mod for the Duracell Kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

See, I actually rather disliked the implant system in Project Nevada, because most of the added implants seemed really boring. I mean, +5 lockpick/+5 repair for a top-level implant? It's just so blah.
I dunno I've found some very cool implants. I've got one that acts as a rechargable EMP bomb, one that slows down everything around me when I'm sprinting, and one that lets me see the health and DT of enemies. I guess the +skill ones exist but why would you use them.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

I dunno I've found some very cool implants. I've got one that acts as a rechargable EMP bomb, one that slows down everything around me when I'm sprinting, and one that lets me see the health and DT of enemies. I guess the +skill ones exist but why would you use them.

Yeah, you have to find the good ones.

There's a document online that shows where all the cool ones are, if you're impatient. And the one that slows everything down when you sprint also makes you attack and reload faster in Bullet Time if placed in your arms.

And don;t forget the perks that let you add additional implants in each location. You can really load up.

My character is more machine that man... transhuman?

On the Robot race mod. I wanted to do a Replicant race that did everything this mod did except change the player model. DAYS before this was released I started brainstorming. Hate that poo poo. Guess this will make a good starting point. Gonna check it out anyway.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
My biggest gripe with PN's implant module boils down to a test of self control. I didn't like how a lot of modules were in plain sight on desks and tables along the main quest's route, and that some of them were worth over 10K caps. Being ~LVL 9 or so and stumbling across an 11,000-cap Implant is kind of ridiculous, in my opinion. Sure, I don't have to pick it up and sell it, but still!

Mr. Crow posted:

So this looks kind of bad-rear end.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43732

Disappointing in the lack of iron boners however.

This is very, very cool. Has anybody here tried that yet?

Cortex
Apr 2, 2011
Well drat, I've been playing up to Novac, I got Boone with me, and I went into the REPCON test site, helped the Ghouls get the basement back, and now i got to help them get the parts for the rocket, and until now, my game has run fine, but now EVERYTIME i leave the basement ladder to outside, or from inside the building to outside, my game crashes! The game has ran fine until then, so i don't know what would cause it, here's my addon list if maybe it'll get me some answers on why It's decided to just crash everytime i leave :/

FalloutNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CFWNV.esm
MoMod.esm
Mo'.esm
Caliber.esm
Active Wasteland.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
The.Armory.esm
Military NV Backpacks.esm
NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
OFT_Base.esp
OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Weapons.esp
IWS-MoMod.esp
NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Classic FO SM_v1.2.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Continue After End.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
The.Armory.Realism.Setting.esp
The.Armory.Realism.WPTweak.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
31 New Food Items.esp
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
ManualReload.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Unique Items & Collectables.esp
Collectable NES Games Bonus Pack.esp
Vinyl Collection Bonus Pack.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
better that gun 223.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration_SoundRestoration.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
that gun holdout.esp
DragonskinTacticalOutfit.esp
DragonskinNCRPersonnelWearingOutfits.esp
DragonskinBonusPack.esp
Military NV Backpacks - BumBagUseSlot1.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
Immersive Karma with NoStealingKarma.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
Destructibles.esp
noautoaim.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
dD-Smaller Wounds.esp
dD-Reduced Ragdoll Force.esp
dD-Screen Blood Vanilla.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
HighGrass.esp
PipLantern.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
UnderwaterFX.esp
Active Wasteland - Goggle Tints.esp
FNVIcons.esp
The.Armory.CaliberX.esp
IHATECAZADORES.esp

Total active plugins: 77
Total plugins: 77

Cortex fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 7, 2011

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Wait three days, save, put some mines on the ground and blow your limbs off, turn off your Pip Boy light, then try the ladder again.

Cortex
Apr 2, 2011

Chronojam posted:

Wait three days, save, put some mines on the ground and blow your limbs off, turn off your Pip Boy light, then try the ladder again.

Holy crap, you know what? Just turning off my light actually fixed that, can't believe it was that easy, thanks though!

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Cortex posted:

Holy crap, you know what? Just turning off my light actually fixed that, can't believe it was that easy, thanks though!
Your Pip Lantern mod is causing the crash, btw. I had the same issue.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Smuggins posted:

I never bothered with new races but now, huh.
Now I need ANOTHER run through as Johnny Five point Five He stays alive, but you won't) or finally grab that poncho mod for the Duracell Kid.

Well to be fair, new races are typically just female body mods or elves or something. This one is not only really well done but actually fits in with the Fallout setting.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I really want to try this thing but I don't want to mess up my load order or have my game explode.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

vandalism posted:

I really want to try this thing but I don't want to mess up my load order or have my game explode.

Adding a new race shouldn't really cause a problem - by their very nature they don't interact with any pre-existing elements of the game so it doesn't really matter where in the load order you put it. Even other racial mods won't affect it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cortex posted:

Well drat, I've been playing up to Novac, I got Boone with me, and I went into the REPCON test site, helped the Ghouls get the basement back, and now i got to help them get the parts for the rocket, and until now, my game has run fine, but now EVERYTIME i leave the basement ladder to outside, or from inside the building to outside, my game crashes! The game has ran fine until then, so i don't know what would cause it, here's my addon list if maybe it'll get me some answers on why It's decided to just crash everytime i leave :/

FalloutNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CFWNV.esm
MoMod.esm
Mo'.esm
Caliber.esm
Active Wasteland.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
The.Armory.esm
Military NV Backpacks.esm
NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
OFT_Base.esp
OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Weapons.esp
IWS-MoMod.esp
NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Classic FO SM_v1.2.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Continue After End.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
The.Armory.Realism.Setting.esp
The.Armory.Realism.WPTweak.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
31 New Food Items.esp
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
ManualReload.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Unique Items & Collectables.esp
Collectable NES Games Bonus Pack.esp
Vinyl Collection Bonus Pack.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
better that gun 223.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration_SoundRestoration.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
that gun holdout.esp
DragonskinTacticalOutfit.esp
DragonskinNCRPersonnelWearingOutfits.esp
DragonskinBonusPack.esp
Military NV Backpacks - BumBagUseSlot1.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
Immersive Karma with NoStealingKarma.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
Destructibles.esp
noautoaim.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
dD-Smaller Wounds.esp
dD-Reduced Ragdoll Force.esp
dD-Screen Blood Vanilla.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
HighGrass.esp
PipLantern.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
UnderwaterFX.esp
Active Wasteland - Goggle Tints.esp
FNVIcons.esp
The.Armory.CaliberX.esp
IHATECAZADORES.esp

Total active plugins: 77
Total plugins: 77

I know you solved your problem, but you only need one Simple Street Lights active, same thing for a better that gun. Also I'm not sure about El Ray Motel and West Vegas Fringe, but I do know that NVInteriors does add interiors to Cottonwood Cove so there's going to be a conflict there.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Better That Gun is probably obsolete now, anyway, since That Gun has been improved by patches.

Cortex
Apr 2, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know you solved your problem, but you only need one Simple Street Lights active, same thing for a better that gun. Also I'm not sure about El Ray Motel and West Vegas Fringe, but I do know that NVInteriors does add interiors to Cottonwood Cove so there's going to be a conflict there.

Alright thanks, I figured there had to be a couple mistakes on the list since I installed so much stuff onto the game, thanks for the catches! I'm honestly surprised how well the game is holding up for me, didn't even think I'd be playing it right now.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Since it's almost 9/11 day, I think we should all download and install this very respectful mod, in remembrance of all who died on that tragic day.

God Bless America.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Strudel Man posted:

Since it's almost 9/11 day, I think we should all download and install this very respectful mod, in remembrance of all who died on that tragic day.

God Bless America.

In remembrance of those who lost their lives...

VOTE/ENDORSE!

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Molerat Boobs was deleted for suspected vote dogpiling with the FOTM and yet somehow this doesn't qualify despite people auto-voting only because GOD BLESS 'MERICA!!!! and those votes are somehow different I guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Naky posted:

Molerat Boobs was deleted for suspected vote dogpiling with the FOTM and yet somehow this doesn't qualify despite people auto-voting only because GOD BLESS 'MERICA!!!! and those votes are somehow different I guess.

Well they can't take it down otherwise that would be :911:UNPATRIOTIC.:911:

Also:

quote:

Don't forget to leave positive comments and endorse. Vote for Septembers file of the month to show the tribute for this month! A special edition version will be released on the ten year anniversary 9/11/11.

Can't wait. :allears:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Submitted it as being offensive to extreme jihadists. I would be really surprised if that had any effect.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Positive comments only! Please stroke my ego~

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Ugh, the new Nexus is terrible.

The Nexus Mod Manager sounds decent, though.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Naky posted:

I'm new to Vegas but there was a molerat boob mod? I thought the thread title was a joke.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm new to Vegas but there was a molerat boob mod? I thought the thread title was a joke.

I'm guessing Molerat Boob mod made in honor of the joke. That being said, Oblivion, FO3 and FONV do attract some creepy people with "brilliant" ideas to for mods, so I also wouldn't be surprised if someone made a non-ironic molerat boob mod.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Naky made the mod, posted it on the Nexus. A surprising number of Nexus members managed to get the joke, but that didn't include the staff, whose hides were mighty chapped that their precious pedophilia and prostitution mods were being beaten out in endorsements by a joke, so it was deleted.

IIRC he was also working on adding dongs to geckos, but decided to work on more appropriate phallic objects (guns). And thus The Armory was born.

don't listen to me

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
When I read the description of the 9/11 mod I thought for sure it was a troll. Are we sure it's not just going over the heads of whoever is endorsing it?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seashell Salesman posted:

When I read the description of the 9/11 mod I thought for sure it was a troll. Are we sure it's not just going over the heads of whoever is endorsing it?

I think that's just Poe's law at work. Sometime's it's just impossible to tell the difference between a satire of something and the actual thing it's satirizing.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Strudel Man posted:

God Bless America.

I got banned for sassing that mod. Totally worth it.

Also Nexus is a fuckin' shithole where any negative opinion is instantly dismissed as trolling and then the user gets banned. Pro circlejerking site.

edit: also the guy who made that mod is called agoon69 so who knows maybe it is a joke. If it is, the egg on my face! But really who would spend that much time on an ironic 9/11 tribute that's subtle enough to fly completely under the radar? What's the point.

Dush fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 8, 2011

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Has anyone experienced issues with Manual Reload? I just installed it now, and after a few saves my game crashes...as it frequently does. Problem is all my saves seem to instantly crash on load too. Are they nuked? If so :(

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Dush posted:

I got banned for sassing that mod. Totally worth it.

Also Nexus is a fuckin' shithole where any negative opinion is instantly dismissed as trolling and then the user gets banned. Pro circlejerking site.

edit: also the guy who made that mod is called agoon69 so who knows maybe it is a joke. If it is, the egg on my face! But really who would spend that much time on an ironic 9/11 tribute that's subtle enough to fly completely under the radar? What's the point.

If it really is a subtle troll, then I'd expect to see the punchline on Sunday, what with the promised special anniversary edition and all.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Male Man posted:

If it really is a subtle troll, then I'd expect to see the punchline on Sunday, what with the promised special anniversary edition and all.

Maybe it'll replace the holes in the memorial with massive dongs. That'd be sublime, oh my gosh.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dush posted:

Maybe it'll replace the holes in the memorial with massive dongs. That'd be sublime, oh my gosh.

Or even better a mosque, on top of some airplanes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Naky made the mod, posted it on the Nexus. A surprising number of Nexus members managed to get the joke, but that didn't include the staff, whose hides were mighty chapped that their precious pedophilia and prostitution mods were being beaten out in endorsements by a joke, so it was deleted.

IIRC he was also working on adding dongs to geckos, but decided to work on more appropriate phallic objects (guns). And thus The Armory was born.

don't listen to me

Wow, I didn't know the nexus was such a poo poo hole. I only downloaded the ones recommended on the first page of this thread and a few others, but never went into the site. The top ones always seem to be anime katana girls or pretty sim customizations.

I did find the "improved" Vegas strips though which were bloody weird, why put in so much effort into removing all sense of character from the strip to make it clean and sterile :psyduck:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Wow, I didn't know the nexus was such a poo poo hole. I only downloaded the ones recommended on the first page of this thread and a few others, but never went into the site. The top ones always seem to be anime katana girls or pretty sim customizations.

I did find the "improved" Vegas strips though which were bloody weird, why put in so much effort into removing all sense of character from the strip to make it clean and sterile :psyduck:

Some of the improved strips are decent - I think the original goal was to get rid of those walls in between each section (which are there for console reasons - the whole Strip itself is too big to fit in the tiny tiny memory you've got on a 360 or PS3). But people always have to throw in their own interpretation of what it means to be "fixed". Some of them are just focusing on making sure it works properly with the walls removed though, and those are good.

The trouble with the Nexus is just that it's got a really, really creepy fanbase inherited from Oblivion (and I think even they came from Morrowind?) It has a lot of really good mods on there, like the ones linked in the OP. You just have to go in with the understanding that you're probably going to have to click past a bunch of mannequin-esque naked ladies and anime/fox people to get to a really decent, setting appropriate armour mod.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

That's...odd.

Wow. It looks like I stuck in every ordinary/unique pair except the minigun. That was dumb of me. Updated version should be up on the nexus shortly; I'll make sure you don't have to abandon and re-adopt it or anything.

edit: Okay, updated version is up. Sorry about that! Boy is my face red.

Is there a way to tie what qualifies for signature weapon to any weapon that can be used for repair without the Jury Rigging perk?

If so, the mod could theoretically become instantly compatible with any weapon mod out there, couldn't it?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
To be fair whilst Nexus is poo poo it turns out everywhere else is worse. The admin recently had to block referrals from the mod hosting site GMod (design immeasurably worse than New Nexus) because they had a cunning plan to automatically copy all the file pages on Nexus there, and link people directly to the Nexus downloads. To help modders put their work up on multiple sites, apparently. As all modders love having a second site to check and update and this is why TESNexus didn't kill off Planet Elder Scrolls at all.

They also tried promoting their idea of something along the lines of the Nexus mod manager on the Nexus forums a few days before Nexus announced theirs, except you had to pay a subscription for it and it had clauses in the contract that meant they could harvest usage data from your computer.

vvv There's GetRepairList in NVSE.

Talkie Toaster fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 8, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

CommonSensei posted:

Is there a way to tie what qualifies for signature weapon to any weapon that can be used for repair without the Jury Rigging perk?

If so, the mod could theoretically become instantly compatible with any weapon mod out there, couldn't it?

Theoretically yes, but I don't think that would imply instant compatibility. It would probably be pretty simple for Strudel to change the mod to work off of the repairlist FormIDs on existing weapons, and so that WOULD include any new unique weapons that are being added to repair lists of existing weapons. I don't think it would include any weapons that have their own brand new repair lists, though. Unless there's a way to actually access a weapon's repair list directly through the weapon itself with a script (and I'm not sure that there is), in which case you could essentially set up a script that checks your weapon every time you equip one, and creates a new tracking variable for your level with that weapon type based on its repair list - if the check finds that the repair list is already being tracked, then it just has you use the pre-existing variable.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Theoretically yes, but I don't think that would imply instant compatibility. It would probably be pretty simple for Strudel to change the mod to work off of the repairlist FormIDs on existing weapons, and so that WOULD include any new unique weapons that are being added to repair lists of existing weapons. I don't think it would include any weapons that have their own brand new repair lists, though. Unless there's a way to actually access a weapon's repair list directly through the weapon itself with a script (and I'm not sure that there is), in which case you could essentially set up a script that checks your weapon every time you equip one, and creates a new tracking variable for your level with that weapon type based on its repair list - if the check finds that the repair list is already being tracked, then it just has you use the pre-existing variable.

Makes sense. The specific instances I was thinking of were the chargeable weapons that Project Nevada replaces. Those use a script to do so when you equip those weapons, so that would complicate things even further, I imagine.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
That 9-11 mod has to be a troll. Look at the author's name: agoon69.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
This might be a dumb question, but would WMX and WME get along together? Like, at all? I prefer WME but I want WMX's melee options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

LvK posted:

This might be a dumb question, but would WMX and WME get along together? Like, at all? I prefer WME but I want WMX's melee options.

They do not. You could mod them to make that work, but it would require some pretty extensive editing.