Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Young Freud posted:

That's some weird uncanny valley vibes going on. Everything looks realistically modeled that those cuts across the eye line tell you everything's off.

You're really not meant to think they're real people. That they're puppets/models isn't something Kaufman is hiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Trailer for Chi-Raq

Looks like is all in spoken word/poetry esque?

Wesley Snipes
Dave Chappelle
John Cusack
Samuel L Jackson
Angela Bassett
Jennifer Hudson
Nick Cannon and more

https://vimeo.com/144523728

edit - Can't embed Vimeo ? drat

bows1 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 3, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The Warcraft adaptation is probably going to be alright at least, since they're working with pre-defined "lore" (boilerplate fantasy stuff) instead of somehow desperately trying to create an original script that works off the themes and tone of the original property while also trying to pander to its fanbase.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bows1 posted:

Trailer for Chi-Raq

Can't embed a lot of cool poo poo on this forum.

:sigh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

video type = vimeo always works for me :confused:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

video type = vimeo always works for me :confused:

Thank you sir, fixed original post.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just wanted to point out this scene from the Warcraft trailer teaser:

Oof, that needs a lot of work.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

teagone posted:

:wave:

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
I'm such an easy mark. Not even a second long flash of Stormwind got me on board. Oh well.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

teagone posted:

Ming the Merciless there on the right particularly looks bad, his lighting is completely different from anything else.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

Woof.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Digging Jake Gyllenhaal's choices lately, and this one looks like it could be good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fny1Xp-ixgs

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bows1 posted:

Trailer for Chi-Raq

Looks like is all in spoken word/poetry esque?

Wesley Snipes
Dave Chappelle
John Cusack
Samuel L Jackson
Angela Bassett
Jennifer Hudson
Nick Cannon and more

If it's Lysistrata it should be in verse.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You can see one of the harvesters from Westfall here. :3:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

You can see one of the harvesters from Westfall here. :3:

Despite the obvious CG that's going to be worked on, Tobey Kebbel and Rob Kazinsky as the two main orc heroes is what I'm looking forward to the most :allears:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
No Van Cleef, no deal

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the idea that anyone is looking forward to a world of warcraft movie in 2015 is one of those bizarre things i just can't explain.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the idea that anyone is looking forward to a world of warcraft movie in 2015 is one of those bizarre things i just can't explain.

I figure it's just folks into fantasy stories getting another fix and from a universe they've spent a lot of time in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's not the only fantasy scifi property getting an adaptation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr3z_sTSNU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I figure it's just folks into fantasy stories getting another fix and from a universe they've spent a lot of time in.

the only way a Warcraft movie could be interesting is if it was a Starcraft movie

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I enjoyed both Moon and Source Code so having Duncan Jones directing was a boon to the production for me. The cast is pretty solid too. Biggest thing though is the lore of Warcraft is a massive cut above most other video game narratives. The movie has a lot in its favor for sure, and I've played the original RTS games in the past so I'm a fan of the franchise (never played WoW), but I know there's a lot riding against the film as well. My expectations are pretty high, but depending on the trailer that's going to drop Friday, that might change.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm down mostly because of Duncan Jones. Also, Warcraft lore gets kinda loving bonkers at times from my memory/what I've heard since I stopped giving a poo poo about WoW in high school, so that might be fun.

I honestly hope they sneak in the entire race of kung fu pandas that started out as a weird joke about how one of the Blizzard employees liked pandas and beer.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
No joke I'd be excited for a Diablo II adaptation that's just a miserable and deliberately repetitive tone piece about the impossible expectations placed upon heroes, the absence of meaningful support structures, and the frightful mundanity of a warrior's life. An inverted Spring Breakers, if you will.

All other Blizzard properties I'll pass on

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'd be down with just a straight Diablo adaptation tbh, it would basically be a 2-hour-long metal album cover

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The Solomon Kane film is pretty much just Diablo as is

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You just sold me on the Solomon Kane movie

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's pretty good apart from a bad CGI monster at the end

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

It's not a world of warcraft movie. It's a movie set in Warcraft's world.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The movie looks (unintentionally?) like it's going for a Speed Racer style of CG unreality, except it doesn't look a quarter as stylish as Speed Racer.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

computer parts posted:

It's not a world of warcraft movie. It's a movie set in Warcraft's world.

I think it's actually supposed to be an adaptation of Warcraft 1, or the events just prior to that game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The movie looks (unintentionally?) like it's going for a Speed Racer style of CG unreality, except it doesn't look a quarter as stylish as Speed Racer.

That's still pretty good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm down with WoW merely because it's given Duncan Jones the ability to make MUTE so.... yeah.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'd be down with just a straight Diablo adaptation tbh, it would basically be a 2-hour-long metal album cover

This sounds like a really bad movie though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Second trailer for the Bayghazi movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ikV32zwVOg

And now, Al Roker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjt6VFlcEU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

... a 2-hour-long metal album cover

This is the sort of movie that Michael Bay should be making. He needs to deliver on the promise of his Meatloaf videos at least once before he retires.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

teagone posted:

How ironic that the Warcraft movie should look so much like a Tiberium Sun cutscene.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hakkesshu posted:

It's pretty good apart from a bad CGI monster at the end

Trailer's not bad either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIBwQsOwEeM

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

BonoMan posted:

I'm down with WoW merely because it's given Duncan Jones the ability to make MUTE so.... yeah.

Speak of the Devil.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

teagone posted:

If you told me that was a concept art illustration, I would not have a hard time believing you. Everything looks very pasted together on top of CGI rendering and some of the elements look like hastily-done, partly-unfinished paintings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I feel like this conversation happens with most CGI-heavy preview trailers.

• Locked thread