Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Le Saboteur posted:

Whoa the 0-1 guy killed that dude with the RNC.

imo he looked way better than your average 0-1 dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Fight ended due to cowardice/exhaustion.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Is the show good so far? I'm going to watch the tape back over the next few days to tide me over until next weekend's fights

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007

origami posted:

You are too stupid to watch mma

Maybe one day, if I study hard enough, I'll be able to fully appreciate Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This dude is walking out to the chilliest Brazilian reggae. He also appears to be sponsored by some Weed company called Chronic.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Brazilian weed man just destroyed the other guy. First round KO.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This guy is the funkiest MMA guy and is coming out to some straight up jock jams and dancing.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I appreciate that even though this organization is run by Andre Pederneiras he doesn't seem to give his fighters favourable match ups or easy fights. A lot of Nova Uniao losses on this card.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

A guy whose nickname is Karate just came out to the Mortal Kombat theme. This is the greatest promotion of all time.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So apparently a lady who is leading a seminar I'm participating in is also producing a Gracie Family biopic that Royce wrote, and she also offered me tickets to Bellator to watch Royce and Ken look really bad and old. I had to decline since I'm gonna be in Ireland, but drat if I didn't get excited for a second at the possibility of seeing that live.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
history as told by royce is gonna be a riot

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gvIcue_2UY&t=386s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

That was loving awesome.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

holy poo poo!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that was cool but i would think he would be hosed if he emptied his gas tank out that quickly against a more seasoned fighter. good poo poo though

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I like how he attempts an armbar and then immediately gives up on it in favour of beating the poo poo out of the guy some more

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

colonel_korn posted:

I like how he attempts an armbar and then immediately gives up on it in favour of beating the poo poo out of the guy some more

Looked like a dude button mashing a fighting game in the best possible way

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

brutal, that arm bar/gnp/suplex flow was slick

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That guys opponent experienced so many different kinds of pain in the matter of like 15 seconds.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

https://twitter.com/ZProphet_MMA/status/699283791483957248

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fedor hasn't faced a challenge like this since he fought Matt Lindland.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i can't wait until august 28st so i can finally see fedor's "ufc world 1436" branding for myself

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I didn't know it until now, but I have missed watching Wanderlei fighting heavyweights.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If wandy is on meth and steroids again I think Fedor gets axed.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
if that is a real thing, i suspect wandy will be taken down and dispatched on the ground quickly. fedor isn't an unstoppable machine, but he's fought guys much bigger than wand his entire career, and i dont think fedor's lost nearly as much mobility as wand has. theres absolutely no reason for fedor to stay on the feet any longer than it takes to set up a throw safely.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

if that is a real thing, i suspect wandy will be taken down and dispatched on the ground quickly. fedor isn't an unstoppable machine, but he's fought guys much bigger than wand his entire career, and i dont think fedor's lost nearly as much mobility as wand has. theres absolutely no reason for fedor to stay on the feet any longer than it takes to set up a throw safely.

Yeah but wandy is full of epo and trt now.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah but wandy is full of epo and trt now.

As opposed to the Russian professional athlete who hasn't fought in a tested fed since 2011, who surely is not chemically enhanced in any way

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

As opposed to the Russian professional athlete who hasn't fought in a tested fed since 2011, who surely is not chemically enhanced in any way

No doping in Russian sport. None at all.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/nikita-kamaev-leading-russian-anti-doping-official-dies-suddenly-1.3448531

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fedor probably has to face a rough 20 seconds before Wandy gasses.

He can probably 1HKO Wandy though.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Wandy is going to soccer kick Fedor to death and then test positive for polonium-210

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fatherdog posted:

Wandy is going to soccer kick Fedor to death and then test positive for polonium-210

Nuclear death is at his door.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i doubt wanderlei or the organisation are going straight to the money fight on a non nye show

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I will be an hour outside of Tokyo for this event and all things equal will be able to attend and offer up a trip report of what will basically be the most important experience of our lives

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lots of B League this weekend

FRIDAY 2-19-16
Bellator 149 on Spike

RFA 35 on AXS.TV

VFC 48 on UFC Fight Pass, featuring a square cage where everyone ends up in the corner getting elbowed

SATURDAY 2-20-16
ONE FC featuring brutal soccer kicks

WSOF 28, i think this is the last fight on marlon moraes contract

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks, Waffle Beard, I didn't know ONE FC was coming up at all.
What happened to that guy called individual something who used to post all the b league info?

PS: maffew, when are you uploading those cXb Dan Severn jams? I think I'll need a link to that.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Those are on my Mac desktop in my storage unit 400 miles away, I've got a deployment in a month and realistically won't be up there until Fall so either Christmas or more likely never

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Also I lost the keys to the storage unit, or more specifically threw them away because I hadnt used them in so long I thought they were something my rooms previous occupant left laying around

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Well that's sad news, and you should still try for the good of the internet, but you can't be the only one with a copy.
Ganryujima's coming up, maybe the man himself will show up and help me out.
I'm a big fan of hybrid rapping, I promise.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

fatherdog posted:

I want to see this so, so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

kensei posted:

I want to see this so, so badly

Fat Wandy suplexed stupid enough to think he's Santa playing soccer