Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fry is still posting videos from beyond the grave! Some say it's a time release video. Some say he gave someone else his account details. Some say it's the weed aliens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azVgX0gg-zM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...=14&authorName=

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I kept waiting for it to scroll down to a shot of space from the title crawl, and then for a long scene of a tarp hurtling through space pursued by the FBI

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Young Freud posted:

So, it looks like Cliven is now looking at anywhere from seven to 62 years in prison and $1,500,000 in penalties, on top of the BLM stuff.

Also, to bring up the conversation earlier, the Bundys may still end up in a Supermax prison. I was looking over the former inmates of ADX Florence a.k.a. "Alcatraz of the Rockies", and Ronald Griesacker, the founder of the Republic of Texas secessionist group, served time there because of his militia movement connections even though he went there for charges of mail fraud, bank fraud, and conspiracy to commit counterfeiting.

:jackbud:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Above all else, Cliven Bundy is right and truly hosed and his cattle will go to auction to partially pay off his millions in fees and fines that he had prior to getting arrested.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Above all else, Cliven Bundy is right and truly hosed and his cattle will go to auction to partially pay off his millions in fees and fines that he had prior to getting arrested.

So will we have another stand-off when the feds come to seize the cattle?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Cthulu Carl posted:

So will we have another stand-off when the feds come to seize the cattle?

Kind of hard to stand off if you're already in jail.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tricky D posted:

Kind of hard to stand off if you're already in jail.

What about all the other armed idiots who were at the Bundy ranch?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cthulu Carl posted:

What about all the other armed idiots who were at the Bundy ranch?

They're the same type of idiots that got abandoned in Oregon when the leadership got arrested. There isn't anyone down there to run the show. The primary "body guards" were with cliven when he got arrested.

There isn't anyone to coordinate or organize any resistance, and after seeing everyone get arrested a lot of the people are going to say "gently caress that" and not show up.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I guess I'm just hopeful for more FBI trolling on elite militiamen.

Like "stealthily" helicoptering the cattle out while the yeehawdists freak out about UFOs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I guess I'm just hopeful for more FBI trolling on elite militiamen.

Like "stealthily" helicoptering the cattle out while the yeehawdists freak out about UFOs.

Nah they'll do exactly like they did last time. They'll contract other local ranchers that can actually go out and wrangle up all of Bundy's loose cattle. His cows are not in one spot. They're just loving roaming over a huge area in nevada. It's gonna take weeks at least to gather them all up. The contracted parties will gladly do it just as they did the last time because they all hate Bundy and they'll be well compensated for their work.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
why is this even being discussed. it's uncivil. subversives like these should not be talked about by polite society, they shouldn't get court hearings, they shouldn't be seen at all by the public. they should just disappear off the face of the planet as soon as they're taken into custody.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Angela Christine posted:

In a huge surprise move, the tarptastic 4 have pled not-guilty!

quote:

I think it gave [Sandy] the additional spirit to get through the hearing.”

Spirit to get through the hearing? They just have to sit there, how do they not get through the hearing? If anything having spirit would have been anything but not just sitting there as required by law. I'm going to take a spirited nap this afternoon.

quote:

described the protesters as “a bunch of cowboys camping” whose actions did not warrant imprisonment.

The "cowboys camping" made a point to openly break federal law on multiple occasions even after their armed takeover of a loving wildlife refuge. How is it that Fiore doesn't have to clarify that such a statement wasn't the result of mental illness or willful deception. It's plainly factually, obviously not true, throw her in jail as a co-conspirator or a mental institution for being loony as gently caress. God the media is poo poo.

Three Olives has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Feb 13, 2016

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
and then when anyone asks what happened to them the government should just adamantly respond "who?"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mr. Nice! posted:

They're the same type of idiots that got abandoned in Oregon when the leadership got arrested. There isn't anyone down there to run the show. The primary "body guards" were with cliven when he got arrested.

There isn't anyone to coordinate or organize any resistance, and after seeing everyone get arrested a lot of the people are going to say "gently caress that" and not show up.

Yeah. Part of the comfort in being part of a large group is that "they can't arrest all of us". But that wears thin when they've already arrested 27 people.

Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband cause they’re arresting everybody out here.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

we all knew ammon and freedom fry and company were hosed but for cliven to show up and immediately get buried up to his neck in his own poo poo in the grand finale is truly a gift from the gods

praise be to marduk

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Spirit to get through the hearing? They just have to sit there, how do they not get through the hearing? If anything having spirit would have been anything but not just sitting there as required by law.
It's the beginning of being slowly, agonizingly crushed under the bootheel of an unjust, constitutionally invalid power. and the overwhelming anxiety from knowing that you'll never being able to cradle your security blanket gun.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Goatfather posted:

we all knew ammon and freedom fry and company were hosed but for cliven to show up and immediately get buried up to his neck in his own poo poo in the grand finale is truly a gift from the gods

praise be to marduk

obamarduk

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Please vote fiore off this planet

Seems like a good time to remind everybody about this:

Michele Fiore posted:

"What, are you kidding me? I’m about to fly to Paris and shoot ‘em in the head myself,” Fiore said, adding, "I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out, just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I'm good with that."

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

why is this even being discussed. it's uncivil. subversives like these should not be talked about by polite society, they shouldn't get court hearings, they shouldn't be seen at all by the public. they should just disappear off the face of the planet as soon as they're taken into custody.

^ sovietcit right here

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

FuhrerHat posted:

^ sovietcit right here

communists are a blight on the planet, though I do admire the decisiveness with which they quash dissent

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dissent of this form is useful, though. If they disappeared it would only give credence to their cries that they're a persecuted minority. By actually getting the full due process of the legal system it sends a message to other such idiots that this is what will happen to them.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I've said it before in the thread but we really need to start hanging seditionists again

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

I've said it before in the thread but we really need to start hanging seditionists again

down with the traitors, up with the stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCheCryopA

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Three Olives posted:

The "cowboys camping" made a point to openly break federal law on multiple occasions even after their armed takeover of a loving wildlife refuge. How is it that Fiore doesn't have to clarify that such a statement wasn't the result of mental illness or willful deception. It's plainly factually, obviously not true, throw her in jail as a co-conspirator or a mental institution for being loony as gently caress. God the media is poo poo.

This is nothing new, at least since W Bush's first term the media has been so terrified of being labeled liberal that any conservative politician is pretty much free to say whatever they please, and at worst the narrative pitched by reporters is "yeah what they said is insane/offensive/stupid but both sides do it."

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

VikingSkull posted:

Stocks at least. I am curious to see how humiliation in public would have an effect on some of these idiots, including the rich kids that gently caress things up because they are spoiled.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Loden Taylor posted:

down with the traitors, up with the stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCheCryopA

this blasting out of loudspeakers, as a group of horses are simultaneously whipped. men with burlap sacks over their heads drop, hanging from the largest oak tree in the county

a bald eagle flies in front of a blood moon

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Stocks at least. I am curious to see how humiliation in public would have an effect on some of these idiots, including the rich kids that gently caress things up because they are spoiled.
Better to stay above them, but If you're going to go that route pillory would be better.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
10 to 20 years seems appropriate, not a bunch of goonish hyperbole about summary executions, black site torture, and public humiliation.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

10 to 20 years seems appropriate, not a bunch of goonish hyperbole about summary executions, black site torture, and public humiliation.

D&D has an excellent thread about this topic

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758570

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Not reading because it's D&D and I'm not a commie or Islamist.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Then we'd have to read d&d

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
well yeah, but if you want reasoned opinions that's a great place for them

this one is for goonish hyperbole

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

well yeah, but if you want reasoned opinions that's a great place for them

this one is for goonish hyperbole

I don't want reasoned opinion, I only want to talk to people who agree with me.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Welp, I guess they didn't take the plea bargain. Commence Operation: Hammer Down.

Rabbit Ears?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Three Olives posted:

You know who else made a point to openly break federal law? Jesus :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Goatfather posted:

An anti-suicide smock, Ferguson, turtle suit,[1] or suicide gown is a tear-resistant single-piece outer garment that is generally used to prevent a hospitalized, incarcerated, or otherwise detained individual from forming a noose with the garment to commit suicide. The smock is typically a simple, sturdily quilted, collarless, sleeveless gown with adjustable openings at the shoulders and down the front that are closed with nylon hook-and-loop or similar fasteners. The thickness of the garment makes it impossible to roll or fold the garment so it can be used as a noose. It is not a restraint and provides modesty and warmth while not impeding the mobility of the wearer.

gently caress they didn't make me wear one of those when I tried to off myself as a ~troubled teen~, David must be real special :allears:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

You know who else made a point to openly break federal law? Jesus :colbert:

Jesus didn't whine about getting crucified. He knew full well what was going to happen.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Young Freud posted:

Jesus didn't whine about getting crucified. He knew full well what was going to happen.

And Lo, did Jesus stand on the mount shouting "I have a cross at my head right now!"

And so it was that a lone legionary named Marcus strode forth and declared. "But Jesus! If thou come peacefully, thou might enjoy the warmth of our chariots!"

To which Jesus looked down upon Marcus and spoke, "Wouldst though also bring forth mine weed that I may toke of it? And wouldst thou bring forth a pizza for I am hungry."

The disciples were shocked at this. "But rabbi!" Shouted Peter. "Surely a trip to Denny's would be preferable to pizza!"

At this Jesus flew into a rage. "Do not call me rabbi! I am not a rabbi for it was the Jews who were responsible for the Second Punic War, and responsible for the Romans mutating thine bretheren with chemtrails!" And so it was Jesus did deliver his sermon to those at the foot of the hill, turning one hour into seven. And Judas did say, "My Lord, I do not believe there is anything I can sayeth to you anymore."

And so did Marcus once again step forth and spoke. "Jesus, I have talked to the Centurions and if you come with us, we shalt have our legions shout hallelujah for thee!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

why shouldnt they be treated completely normally
the whole protest was even non-violent for the most part

these people deserve due process, nothing about them is extraordinary

that being said, its too bad a jury of their peers cant convict them