Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zzulu posted:

She beams people who kill people, she gets kill participation

Right, but you shouldn't be getting over 100% kill participation. My best guess is that it's counting RIP-Tires/turrets/traps/something else as a "kill," but the percentage is being calculated as a function of the total number of player deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm perfectly willing to believe Lady Naga confronts people about racism and bigotry in real life too.

I've done it.

Not only that, I've also participated in many LGBT support groups (none since I've moved though unfortunately :( ) in order to help people who experience bigotry and used to attend most trans days of awareness with my good friend, who used to give a speech every year.

Not that I should really have to say these things like it matters what I do offline anyway, lovely behaviour is lovely behaviour no matter where it is.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 3, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I was the chairperson of an LGBT issues task force during Peace Corps and I don't think it's Blizzard's duty to end racism.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I was the chairperson of an LGBT issues task force during Peace Corps and I don't think it's Blizzard's duty to end racism.

Good for you pal. I don't agree with that statement either so I guess we're on the same page.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
PS4 and its lack of text chat is pretty swell, just sayin'.

Meanwhile I finally got a PotG as Symmetra, but given the nature of turrets it ended up showing me placing a teleporter while the enemy team was getting gibbed around the corner. :(

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Have you added me, Deadshanks? I saw Stoats did, we need to get a goon group sometime.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Probably should have spent that time in a literacy program

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

henkman posted:

Probably should have spent that time in a literacy program

Please don't shame the differently abled.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Please don't shame the differently abled.

How about I shame you for mischaracterizing your opposition's point in order to "win" a meaningless argument instead?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Do it in the context of Overwatch balance.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

The Shortest Path posted:

Shut your white rear end the gently caress up.

YOU'RE loving A WHITE MALE!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously though, let's not defend racists.

Anyways, I really like playing as Junkrat and Zarya, and sometimes Lucio. There's something really fun about running between two groups on anubis to keep my healing up. What's the most healing someone's got on Lucio?

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 21, 2017

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Do it in the context of Overwatch balance.

I want to nerf you out of existence.

Turtlicious posted:

hey guys I just don't get why we can't call people niggers and talk about lynching them, I mean really whats wrong with saying the word friend of the family, I mean, it just means ignorant. Should I get banned for calling people porch monkeys?

Oh yeah? I should

Well, I GUESS YOU BETTER JUST KEEP BEING A loving FASCIST YOU GOD drat KIKE

I'm glad there are people in the thread defending my right to use slurs, which is a right.
Oh shut up, Blizzard isn't gonna eliminate racism so we might as well not bother trying. Caring about things is for babies.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td7IhZAr3Ms

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I want to nerf you out of existence.

Well, it's High Noon somewhere.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Guys please racism is not okay unless its against robots, then its fine with most of the cast.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

"just press the mute button" is about as tone-deaf and ignorant as saying that the words don't matter.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad forum super stars are here to defend my right to tell the world how it is.

You ever notice that black people play games they pick winston.

You already know why.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I'm glad forum super stars are here to defend my right to tell the world how it is.

You ever notice that black people play games they pick winston.

You already know why.

Peanut butter?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

YOU'RE loving A WHITE MALE!

:chloe:

Turtlicious posted:

hey guys I just don't get why we can't call people niggers and talk about lynching them, I mean really whats wrong with saying the word friend of the family, I mean, it just means ignorant. Should I get banned for calling people porch monkeys?

Oh yeah? I should

Well, I GUESS YOU BETTER JUST KEEP BEING A loving FASCIST YOU GOD drat KIKE

I'm glad there are people in the thread defending my right to use slurs, which is a right.

e: oh no here comes lady naga telling me to behave. loving dike. I say what I want, and if niggers want equal rights, they should loving earn it by not being sad pussies scared of words.

:chanpop:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So how about that new Blizzard game, Overwatch. I heard it's pretty good

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

Guys please racism is not okay unless its against robots, then its fine with most of the cast.

Build a wall and make Bastion players pay for it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

So how about that new Blizzard game, Overwatch. I heard it's pretty good

It is, but a lot of the people who play it are poo poo.

And then there are the Widow players.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao why does every PGS/non-front page games thread turn into a racism/sexism whine fest

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously though, let's not defend racists.

Anyways, I really like playing as Junkrat and Zarya, and sometimes Lucio. There's something really fun about running between two groups on anubis to keep my healing up. What's the most healing someone's got on Lucio?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Akumos posted:

lmao why does every PGS/non-front page games thread turn into a racism/sexism whine fest

Probably because someone comes in and says something really gross and ignorant, I don't know, I don't make the rules.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Technogeek posted:

Build a wall and make Bastion players pay for it.

As long as matchmaking keeps dumping me into the losing side of a stomp I'm only gonna have one response;

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

As long as matchmaking keeps dumping me into the losing side of stomp I'm only gonna have one response;

Bastion is the bane of all lovely pubs.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Vermain posted:

Right, but you shouldn't be getting over 100% kill participation. My best guess is that it's counting RIP-Tires/turrets/traps/something else as a "kill," but the percentage is being calculated as a function of the total number of player deaths.

If she beams 2 people that each do 50% damage to the same character she gets more participations than there are kills in the game; thus, over 100%. You could get waaaaaay over 100% in theory. I've seen in a few 100+s in those 1 minute stomps in like 13 kills total

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Is there a better way to practice hook shots than on the robots on that training stage? It would be better to do it on real stages at real chokes. But I guess I am only going to get to "practice" that in quick play.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Because every time someone feels the need to support racists and sexists 'right to bigotry' or some poo poo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

itskage posted:

Is there a better way to practice hook shots than on the robots on that training stage? It would be better to do it on real stages at real chokes. But I guess I am only going to get to "practice" that in quick play.

You could play AI games, either solo or co-op.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh right by the way this was a thing

It was fun as gently caress

(Also watch Fronash's stream, he's on twitch)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

In the Great Internet War all threads are battlefields.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Shoutout also to whoever said as much as "stop being so sensitive and just use the mute button". I'm so loving dull to this poo poo I've never muted or avoided anyone but I sure as gently caress have reported people, for the sake of other people who might have to put up with them. Picture a black kid queuing into a match for some quality time with the "KILL ALL N******" channer edgelord crew. You are both too sensitive and not empathetic enough. Cheers.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Akumos posted:

someone got offended and the proper response is to offend and insult more people in a show of solidarity

it escalates

this makes the world a better place despite only one person saying anything racist in the past 3 pages

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Minrad posted:

someone got offended and the proper response is to offend and insult more people in a show of solidarity

it escalates

this makes the world a better place despite only one person saying anything racist in the past 3 pages

Nobody got offended.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Overwatch: Try countering Bigotry with Insults, Meltdowns, or Reports.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

You could play AI games, either solo or co-op.

Yeah. Might as well stick to quick play though. What I need is custom game with the cool downs off and some dummy to shoot at so I can just keep doing it until I get it down better.

Maybe I can get a friend to stand around or even someone that wants to practice the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Nobody got offended.

Verranicus posted:

Getting a lot of hate on this thread, does being called out on your apathy really sting that much?

Yup, I said it. Just got out of a game with almost the entire enemy team spamming "Let's lynch all the n1GG3rs!" Along with other blatant hate speech. Needless to say I reported and blocked them all. Now in the BEST case scenario, Blizz will slap them with what.... a 24 hour ban? Maybe 3 days if they are a repeat offender? Is this the standard they hold the community to? In my last 20 years playing Blizzard games, they do diddly squat to moderate the community, even responding to repeated reports similar to these with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, and I'm sick of it. BY REFUSING TO TAKE ANY SUBSTANTIAL ACTION AGAINST THESE ACCOUNTS, BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT IN EFFECT CONDONES RACISM AND HATE SPEECH.