Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also, MIDIG, since you asked for feedback in the other thread, I'm gonna give you feedback on your racial mod idea, and unfortunately it's not nice. My biggest feedback is why? What sets your racial mod apart from the 23 others available? Especially since Imperious exists and is (IMHO) the gold standard of racial mods. Sorry to be lovely about it, but you did want feedback. :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Agents are GO! posted:

loool

You dont understand if I dont get my hand crafted artisinal clicks I lose my self-worth.

i havent been following this closely but yeah isnt the whole idea that the modlists would be directly downloading off the individual mod pages so modders still get DLs or whatever it is they want and the individual mods will update when they get updated

i mean yeah i can sympathize people being mad that someone is going to get a mod off a 250-.esp monstrosity modlist and then come to the modders' page to complain that THEIR mod is breaking everything but those kind of people will do that whether its off a modlist or personally download it themselves

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Berke Negri posted:

i mean yeah i can sympathize people being mad that someone is going to get a mod off a 250-.esp monstrosity modlist and then come to the modders' page to complain that THEIR mod is breaking everything but those kind of people will do that whether its off a modlist or personally download it themselves

This argument has always been silly. Dumb people will do dumb things whether installing mods is easy or hard. Sure, there might be more dumb people around, but a wabbajack install is way less likely to have comparability issues than a manual one, both because lots more people are using that exact build, so it receives far more testing, but also because there's no chance of human error, compared to a regular mod list.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

You dont understand if I dont get my hand crafted artisinal clicks I lose my self-worth.
It's really just this. They need the likes.
I've been trying to engage with some of them over on the Nexus forum and it's honestly a bit sad to read.
:ohdear: "But the reason I mod is for the interaction with mod users"
:doh: "Wabbajack, similar systems or any hypothetical modpack will not prevent people from coming to your mod page and interacting with you"
:ohdear: "Yes, it will. I don't know how, but I'm mysteriously convinced it will".
For fucks sake, just be honest. Who are you trying to convince?

Edit:
Out of curiosity, I grabbed the USLEEP executable and took a look at it. It was made with InnoSetup, so it was easy enough to unpack. It's just your basic "dump some files in this location" type installer.
He has the installer run this batch file: https://pastebin.com/ARVRnGV9 Which seems a bit :psyduck:?
It's not harmful. It's just completely pointless? Unless he made that for the few users who actually use the mod manager build in Oldrim's launcher. In which case I think I might actually be a bit impressed that Arthmoor was considerate to that tiny possible userbase.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 24, 2019

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Agents are GO! posted:

Also, MIDIG, since you asked for feedback in the other thread, I'm gonna give you feedback on your racial mod idea, and unfortunately it's not nice. My biggest feedback is why? What sets your racial mod apart from the 23 others available? Especially since Imperious exists and is (IMHO) the gold standard of racial mods. Sorry to be lovely about it, but you did want feedback. :|

This must be trolling. I just posted in the pet peeves thread, that I hate it when you try to ask for advice on the internet and instead of that the person "helping you" with what you want, they instead invest their time telling you its dumb to even try. If it's not trolling, literally just non-feedback since you just said the existing ones are great and that mine sucks without even telling me why. But in case you were being serious here is what I aim to fix.

1. Provide meaningful bonuses that are passives, as the game offers enough active abilities and spells to juggle in combat and also allows enemies to gain these bonuses.

2. Keeping what is cool and sometimes improving upon it, instead of just adding new ones

3. Give a few nods to lore and culture of the individual races

4. Provide abilities that do not overlap with skills the player can obtain on their own (Flame cloak, Ancestor wrath), (Voice of the Emperor, Battle cry, Illusion magic).

Midig fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 25, 2019

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

What's this new racial mod thing you want me to judge? I wanna see. I got opinions.

Also, here's arthmoor's response to the change to exe:

quote:

So why the .exe installer you're wondering. I can see it in your eyes. You think I've lost my mind. Nope, not yet anyway!

There has been a lot of talk about mod packs and how great and convenient they'll be for the userbase. So with that in mind, why not do something that's truly convenient for the userbase. A run-and-done installer for USLEEP. All the greatness of USLEEP with no more of the hassles of being unable to install it properly.* Surely if the supposed trend is what people want, this satisfies that and then some. No more fussing around with all those mod managers that can't get half your mods installed correctly anyway.

If this is the appeal of mod packs, then there should be no downsides here.

And in case it isn't obvious, posts that do nothing but spread lies or fail to remain civil will be deleted. Repeat offenses will result in being blocked, and your post will be reported for it.

(if you people thought I was kidding, I'm not, don't start of saying you're gonna be constructive when your first statement is a personal attack)

*As in, users too dumb to install and manage a load order themselves.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Ass_Burgerer posted:

What's this new racial mod thing you want me to judge? I wanna see. I got opinions.

And here I thought it wasn't possible to think less of him!

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Skyrim lore based racial bonuses. Goal to add meaningful bonuses as passives that do not overlap with abilities the player can achieve on their own (fire cloak, illusion magic) and illustrate the culture and uniqueness of the 10 playable races in Skyrim.

-Woad (Nord): Decreased incoming damage (25 percent) + 50 percent stagger resist when low on health (40 percent)

-Hardy (Nord): 40 percent frost resist

Spent a lot of time here, but the solution was simple for me. But I think it provides good overall bonuses, while fitting the role of a warrior in a defensive fashion, while still making it a decent buff for anyone in combat. They are unyielding.

-Dragonskin (Breton): 30 magic resist

-Ambitious (Breton): Chance to gain a skill when helping out a lord or reading a book

Two magic resist effects was too much. Bretons have a culture about rising up in the ranks and being studious. This should reflect this.

-Adrenaline Rush (Redguard): Provide adrenaline rush when low on health (40percent), giving a boost to stamina regen, move speed and attack damage.

-Vigor (Redguard): 50 percent disease and poison resist

One of the easier ones. Adrenaline Rush needed a buff, some extra damage and movespeed seemed quite fitting to me.

-Perfection (altmer): Decreased skill gain by 15 percent when lower than 50. Increased by 30 percent when above 50.

-Aetherial connection (altmer): WeaknessToElements 25, increased magnitude from enchantments, potions, and scrolls

Magicka regen and cost reduction is easy to come by. Increasing benefits from enchantments as well as proividing incentives to specialize in skills makes it a cool race to pick for min-maxing a character while providing some needed nerfs and reintroducing the magical weakness they had from previous games.

-Animal Command (Bosmer): Increase time you control the animal

-Agility (Bosmer): Jump bonus, decreased fall damage + evasion when low on health or detected after sneaking

Creating bonuses to the animal actually requires difficult script work, which I unfortunately will not go through. Same goes for making it a companion. I wanted to give some specific bonuses that were nice if you were detected in stealth or in a pinch, giving you a chance to escape or avoid damage entirely. Still feels quite incomplete IMO.

-Ferocity (Khajiit): Fortify unarmed damage, 8. Increased hand to hand, weapon and magic damage while moving

-On the prowl (Khajiit): 30 percent faster while sprinting or undetected while sneaking.

Increased damage when you move in combat. Increased speed as well for closing in. They are fast and you are rewarded for being fast.

-HistSkin (Argonian): Regenerate health 5 per second when under 30 percent health.

-Aquatic (Argonian): Waterbreathing + 50 percent swim speed bonus.

Why didnt they have bonus swim speed to being with? Also need some new inspiration for histskin, as the bonus is quite boring TBH.

-Berserk (Orc): Berserk activates when under 25 percent health (2x damage, 0.5x damage taken). 30 percent magic damage added as well, to provide some bonuses to mages.

-Spurned (Orc): Decreased disposition from anyone not a part of your faction

Berserk has been changed into a passive and can turn around a difficult fight. Spurned will represent orcs as outcasts to those who don't know them. But anyone will set that aside and respect what they bring to the table once they are one of theirs.

-Pride (dunmer): Ghostlike ancestors cloak on reaching low health (30). Stacks with other cloak spells. 4 unblockable damage + 20 percent damage reflect to the opponent

-Ashen curse (Dunmer): 40 fire resist

Fire resist is a nice bonus in and of itself so not trying to go overboard on the other one. The new cloak spell should be fairly good both early game and late game for different reasons.

-Colovian star (imperial):

-Tolerance/diplomacy (Imperial):

I want one ability to represent Colovian culture (militaristic might and exploration) and the other one to represent Nibense culture (magic, trade, diplomacy). Just no idea on how to do it in a successful and simple way.

Midig fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 25, 2019

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ass_Burgerer posted:

lmao Arthmoor is incredibly stupid. just amazing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Decided to dig into the new chapter of Arthmoor drama.
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/d8mq0n/what_extra_stuff_the_uslep_exe_does_that_i_did/

quote:

Bit of code review:

It adds entries to your registry saying the mod is installed

It adds a uninstaller (for a mod?)

It autoruns a script that activates the plugin by modifying your plugins.txt in your game folder - I am not okay with this

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
editing registry keys is something i need in a mod for a videogame. i also really enjoy when i don't have the game installed into the default location and, as a result, can't install a mod.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Admiral Ray posted:

lmao Arthmoor is incredibly stupid. just amazing.

I think he was just being smug. But like all parley modders, they are just underestimating how convenient all this stuff would be and what a boon it would be to modding. While overestimating how important they would feel by having people crawl to their page to download their mod. Most people who mod actively just want to pick up your mod fast and use it with no issues as it is likely one out of 300 anyways. I respect Arthmoor a lot since I think his mods are some of the most essential, but modding is to push the envelope of the game and that should be without the end user having to go through endless amount of steps wondering if they are breaking the game halfway through because of some unforeseen problem that they could not possibly have anticipated even if they went through all the bug reports and readmes. Honestly, making mods for anything but pure love for the community and the longevity of the game is just dumb.

For all the drama we have now. I am so glad that Cathedral project is coming along, that AllGUD a mod that finally allows the player to wear a visible bow, staff, sword, mace etc. without bugs with encumberance mods and Requiem with weight changes. True Weapons, a mod bringing back the blade/blunt system from Oblivion. SkyBlivion trailer and progress. Honestly, I am just glad that Skyrim modding is still alive, I expected it to be dead years ago. Even if its drama, it's cool to see that after all these years people still care.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28833

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18157

Midig fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 25, 2019

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Midig posted:

Skyrim lore based racial bonuses. Goal to add meaningful bonuses as passives that do not overlap with abilities the player can achieve on their own (fire cloak, illusion magic) and illustrate the culture and uniqueness of the 10 playable races in Skyrim.

Nord
Pretty cool. Straight 25% damage resist is quite beefy. Staggers in general isn't that meaningful against a player in melee, since they can still swing and do combat just fine. But it does make shooting spells and ranged attacks a lot harder.

Breton
I find the book skills thing interesting. Though, I've never really liked the whole "touch a book to read it" thing in this game. There needs to be more of a time investment in getting books to be counted as "read." But that's another topic.

Redguard
Seems cool to me. But the damage/poison resist thing always feels off to me on human type races. It really only makes some sense on agonians, since they live in poo-marsh Mississippi land.

Altmer
The exp rate shenanigans has some issues imo. -15% also effects skillbooks, which means a player can sometimes not get a skill-up from reading a skill book, which can be super annoying and feel like bs. Also, in general, this means that slow skills stay low (like alteration, speach, etc), and frequently used skills (destruction, weapons, archery) skyrocket. Only issue I have here.

Bosmer
They're getting a jump/fall bonus now? Khajiit are the ones who have a history of being good acrobats from previous games. They should be the ones getting jump buffs. As for other stuff to add, I suggest something involving their diet (green pact) or archery.

Khajiit
Hand to hand stuff is pretty standard. I still think they could use jump buffs here. "On the prowl" is good and I like it.
Imperious races is what I'm currently using. khajiits there have double sprint speed for double stamina cost. But it's scripted, so that stamina/speed stuff is like 1 second delayed and feels really bad and janky. They also get a scripted sneak-jump which is kind of like a built-in wuulf. But that is also janky and feels more like a mechanical arm from those prose grab machines grabbing my character and moving me some distance.

Argonian
Hitskin is good and much more balanced than imperious's version. Just right imo. Everything looks great here.

Orc
Looks fine to me. Confused about spurned. Is that like from anyone outside of guilds and such? Looks fine to me.

Dunmer
Looks good to me. The ancestor shield is a good callback from past games, 40% fire resist is fine and good.

Imperial
They could probably get some buffs to speach or trading. Maybe some early trade perks for free?

Overall I think what you're doing is great. Simplified and no scripts is the way to go imo, esspecially with stuff involving movement and combat where every milisecond counts. Scripts just don't work well there.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 25, 2019

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Breton
I find the book skills thing interesting. Though, I've never really liked the whole "touch a book to read it" thing in this game. There needs to be more of a time investment in getting books to be counted as "read." But that's another topic.

Redguard
Seems cool to me. But the damage/poison resist thing always feels off to me on human type races. It really only makes some sense on agonians, since they live in poo-marsh Mississippi land.

Altmer
The exp rate shenanigans has some issues imo. -15% also effects skillbooks, which means a player can sometimes not get a skill-up from reading a skill book, which can be super annoying and feel like bs. Also, in general, this means that slow skills stay low (like alteration, speach, etc), and frequently used skills (destruction, weapons, archery) skyrocket. Only issue I have here.

Bosmer
They're getting a jump/fall bonus now? Khajiit are the ones who have a history of being good acrobats from previous games. They should be the ones getting jump buffs. As for other stuff to add, I suggest something involving their diet (green pact) or archery.

Khajiit
Hand to hand stuff is pretty standard. I still think they could use jump buffs here. "On the prowl" is good and I like it.

Orc
Looks fine to me. Confused about spurned. Is that like from anyone outside of guilds and such? Looks fine to me.

Imperial
They could probably get some buffs to speach or trading. Maybe some early trade perks for free?

IIRC reading books is not exp based, but gives you a free level, meaning you should always wait to read them when possible. Pretty janky no matter how you look at it, but I like it for the flavor. The idea was that a questionnaire would come up for several books, asking a question which you would have had to read the book or know lore to answer. So that would be my way to test out if that would be any fun to play with.

Spurned is designed to make you as an orc hated by people not in your faction. You feel like an outsider until you prove yourself to a faction. When I finish this mod I hope I can make a mod to make entering factions a bit harder.

The thing with altmer is that I agree it might increase the problems. Maybe I will make it the complete opposite. Altmer are said to be perfectionists at almost everything they do, so maybe they should have a skill increase at all skills in the start, but that it slows down once they reach a threshold. Then again, does not make sense for it to slow down once they reach that level as you expect altmer to be the best at reaching skill level 100. I might have to rethink this one somewhat and make something that is smart yet simple.

Problem with imperial is the way speech and trading works. It's honestly a bit crap since the shops either have slightly better gear, very expensive enchanted gear and once you get a certain amount of gold, gold doesn't really matter. So unless I can give them some cool and unique advantage which would make speechcraft truly enticing, I would prefer to have it relate to combat.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

lmao, Arthmoor was threatening to do this kind of thing on the locked modder forums. He thinks he's making some kind of point about .exe files because Wabbajack uses them. See, if you're okay using Wabbajack, clearly you're okay with every mod being a random .exe file right? He's just throwing another loving tantrum, but, of course, he's doing it with USLEEP which isn't, or at least shouldn't, actually be his call, because that's a team project, just to be more of a poo poo about it.

I really, really hope someone else is the face of the unofficial patches for ES6, or some kind of rival bug fixing team gets going.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Midig posted:

IIRC reading books is not exp based, but gives you a free level,

Not from my testing it doesn't. I've had other mods that lower exp gain, and sometimes I'd notice that books would sometimes not give a level up to skills. I then noticed that I was getting exp, but not enough to get a level. Once I removed whatever negative modifier to exp, I would get the skill-up.

Anyway, if you're rethinking altmer, maybe they could be a bit more focused on magic rather than all skills? Or have magic based passive abilities that would help non-mage altmers. And yeah, speech is p bad. There's a lot of skills in this game that are pretty lame.

But yeah, I'm all for making everything passive. A big problem I see in skyrim all the time is the huge flood of powers and activated abilities you get late game. +1 for passives. Also, I should probably say that I'm not completely against scripts. If the script is simple enough and is run only once in a while, and it's not combat or movement related (where you'd see jankiness), than I think it would be fine.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Wanna say that I appreciate the idea of an "all passives" race mod. Personally I never liked mods adding a ton of active abilities that I'll never remember to use when it comes to things like this.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

kartikeya posted:

I really, really hope someone else is the face of the unofficial patches for ES6, or some kind of rival bug fixing team gets going.

maybe tes6 won't need an unofficial bug patch

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Enai made morningstar mod. Which I think is a step in the right direction, but I also think he went a bit too minimalistic TBH.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Midig posted:

This must be trolling.

I wasn't trolling, and I think I didn't express myself well because I wasn't telling you that it's dumb to try. I was positing an explanation as to why you didn't get any feedback on it earlier, because nobody cared, but you're probably right it's because this thread is filled with bad opinions and obsessed with mod drama. :rolleyes:

But seriously, just scrolling through your ideas, they're not bad, they're just... kind of... bland, and again, some of them are things Imperious does already.

quote:

-Animal Command (Bosmer): Increase time you control the animal

-Agility (Bosmer): Jump bonus, decreased fall damage + evasion when low on health or detected after sneaking

Creating bonuses to the animal actually requires difficult script work, which I unfortunately will not go through. Same goes for making it a companion. I wanted to give some specific bonuses that were nice if you were detected in stealth or in a pinch, giving you a chance to escape or avoid damage entirely. Still feels quite incomplete IMO.

Now this is something I could probably help you with, I'm a not-terrible scripter, and this seems like a fairly straightforward idea.

Midig posted:

making mods for anything but pure love for the community and the longevity of the game is just dumb.

I disagree, I make mods generally because I want to use a mod but it doesn't exist, so I make it. :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Berke Negri posted:

Good one mate

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Holy crap I missed that one.

Skyrim Modding: maybe tes6 won't need an unofficial bug patch

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

:cawg:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

kartikeya posted:

Why isn't he spending all his free time on his wotanlore thing. You know, the furry game with bears or whatever. Shouldn't he just retire from Skyrim modding to concentrate fully on making his indie game the best it can be?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Why isn't he spending all his free time on his wotanlore thing. You know, the furry game with bears or whatever. Shouldn't he just retire from Skyrim modding to concentrate fully on making his indie game the best it can be?

Oh dear.

Looks like the RPG promising the moon and stars didn't pan out. I'm shocked. Truly shocked.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

You mean the one where the announcement had like 14 idea people and no dedicated programmers?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Who else would carry on his valiant fight against mod pirates and reddit?

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ok, I guess I am dumb for thinking it was just snark. Another member of the USLEEP team doubling down on the idea that the exe. stunt was to see if people wanted to use an exe. Backpeddling so hard.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
lmao

that excuse is the least believable lie i've read all morning. Yes, of course the reason people like wabbajack is automated installs as opposed to a different file extension. congratulations on coming to this stunning insight, usleep guy.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Arthmoor proved himself a dramatic tool when he had "RIP America" or whatever in his signature after Obama got elected a second time, on some forum or another. He just has to remind everyone occasionally.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Agents are GO! posted:

I wasn't trolling, and I think I didn't express myself well because I wasn't telling you that it's dumb to try. I was positing an explanation as to why you didn't get any feedback on it earlier, because nobody cared, but you're probably right it's because this thread is filled with bad opinions and obsessed with mod drama. :rolleyes:

But seriously, just scrolling through your ideas, they're not bad, they're just... kind of... bland, and again, some of them are things Imperious does already.

Now this is something I could probably help you with, I'm a not-terrible scripter, and this seems like a fairly straightforward idea.

I disagree, I make mods generally because I want to use a mod but it doesn't exist, so I make it. :)

Well.I guess it is fair to say that you have little reason to share mods unless you care about the community more than stroking your e-penis. I guess I just got a bit miffed because I feel like posting modding drama is the only thing that garners a response, but I admit I have my part in it.

When it comes to your response, I guess I jumped the gun and saw your post the way I did because that is what happens 90 percent of the time no matter what type of help I look for on the internet. I find it so frustrating that I might become a cunninghams law poster. But onto my mod.

I know it's not incredibly flashy. But again, take a look at imperious. Why add small useless 5 points of difference in health or 0.25 differences in health regen. Why make you kill random people to gain an ability? Why give the player another active ability when the game already has enough stuff to juggle in combat though transformations, shouts, potions, poisons, weapons, SPELLS etc. This is on top of the fact that the mod just adds stuff instead of fixing racial abilites that are bad. Then lets look at morningstar. Ok, lets not. Checking out the abilities makes you fall asleep, it's bland even by my standards. Enai is extremely talented. But I think a lot of his premises are flawed. That being said I really like Sacrosanct and Ordinator.

So maybe my mod is not even finished, might not be flashy or even well executed yet. But I think what it tries to achieve is quite sweet. Help with scripting would really help, but at the moment I just need people to get a bit more specific. If something is bland, why? What can be done to make it less bland? Especially when it comes to Altmer what can be done to encapsulate their culture or abilities without THEY MAGIC VERY GOOD or with bosmer, THEY SEND ARROWS VERY GOOD.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Midig fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 26, 2019

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
To be fair, Arthmoor owed a substantial sum to the US government and Mitt Romney definitely would have told whatever agency was holding the gun to his head to leave that Content Creator alone so he could be free to live a free life to its maximum potential. RIP America, indeed.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I mean, considering his obsession with Germanic and Norse mythology, the fact that he's a die hard Republican, Trump supporter, and prefers mods that "remove the darker skin tones from more of the NPCs because Skyrim should be a generally ethnically Nord place," (paraphrase) uhh, I think there's a very simple term for what the guy might be... :hmmyes:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fuzz posted:

I mean, considering his obsession with Germanic and Norse mythology, the fact that he's a die hard Republican, Trump supporter, and prefers mods that "remove the darker skin tones from more of the NPCs because Skyrim should be a generally ethnically Nord place," (paraphrase) uhh, I think there's a very simple term for what the guy might be... :hmmyes:

A Stormcloak player :rimshot:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Set ES6 in Hammerfell and we'll never have to hear from Arthamor again.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Skwirl posted:

Bullshit, his first unofficial patch will make every body more light skinned and he’ll throw a fit if anyone says anything.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

chaosapiant posted:

Bullshit, his first unofficial patch will make every body more light skinned and he’ll throw a fit if anyone says anything.
he'll use the magic words of 'lore-friendly' and 'immersive'

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Skwirl posted:

It already is set in Hammerfell.

Best guess is that this one will revolve entirely around the war with the Thalmor, since Hammerfell is basically the biggest dog in the yard in terms of being able to fight them off, at least according to Skyrim in-game lore poo poo.

Unless they finally use a new engine (ahahahahaha) I'm not really convinced they can pull off big sweeping deserts and poo poo, especially in an era of engine tech where deformable terrain isn't that hard to do and would sorta be necessary for a good desert vibe.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Fuzz posted:

:lol: I missed any of that.

I mean, I figured, what with "RIP America" and at one point referring to the modding community as "going Baltimore on itself" but wooooow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

AngryRobotsInc posted:

:lol: I missed any of that.

I mean, I figured, what with "RIP America" and at one point referring to the modding community as "going Baltimore on itself" but wooooow.

This was 3+ years ago but it was a comment in one of those character retexture mods where it was suspiciously all light skin tones, even the darkest ones. Someone complained about it and Arthmoor chimed in with his rubber stamp of approval and some diatribe about lore accuracy or whatever and then a peanut gallery of sycophants lined up to :hmmyes: it and it was super cringeworthy.