Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

ManMythLegend posted:

So what happens if you copy an Awakened Part the Waterveil?

iirc extra costs like awaken or kicker don't add to the CMC

Edit: also from the rulings for Fork;
10/4/2004 When a spell with additional costs is copied, you don’t have to pay those costs again.

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

myDad posted:

Try Mystic Retrieval if you can find a slot for it, Splendid Valakut is great shenanigans

At that point I think I'd run more E-Witnesses TBH, I'd be too concerned with having Retrieval stuck in my hand with no way to cast it and only one card maindeck that lets me discard non-lands.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

lazerwolf posted:

iirc extra costs like awaken or kicker don't add to the CMC

Edit: also from the rulings for Fork;
10/4/2004 When a spell with additional costs is copied, you don’t have to pay those costs again.

This is why Pyromancer's Goggles + Tormenting Voice was so sick back in Origins. That was probably my favorite super standard just from all the janky combos that were available.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is actually really good. It's going to attack as probably a 4/4 on T4 most of the time... I think it's constructed playable.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Love the design on that card, and it looks very powerful just on its own, not even taking into account synergies. Stuff like Vizier of Remedies, Nest of Scarabs, Gryff's Boon, Decimator Beetle, etc.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
GB energy might just want to play this over Rishkar... Or Mardu might want to play it over Thalia. It's a super aggressive card.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I don't think you'd want to put this card in the same deck as Winding Constrictor...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gustav posted:

I don't think you'd want to put this card in the same deck as Winding Constrictor...

Yeah but I mean to say, the deck might move away from the snake if it's not playing Rishkar. Idk if that is the case but this card is powerful enough to ask the question.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Dies to Grasp..

I like it though, flickering with Displacer or the new angel might be good.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Zombie crocodile demon.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but I mean to say, the deck might move away from the snake if it's not playing Rishkar. Idk if that is the case but this card is powerful enough to ask the question.

Seems like it wants to be paired up with Rhonas and Hapatra, assuming I understand that interaction correctly.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

refuse to cooperate seems pretty bad, zombie crocodile demon seems fine

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/879347295048933377

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This would've been annoying with Marvel.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

This would've been annoying with Marvel.

It would've made the mirror even more of an arms race.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

That new guy that prevents -1/-1 counters works with this, I think. Could be sweet?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Another tutor target for my Modern Enchantress deck :v:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Another tutor target for my Modern Enchantress deck :v:

this is more an enduring ideal card than an enchantress card

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah that seems like a ridiculous card off of Ideal

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not seen this mentioned yet:

http://mythicspoiler.com/hou/cards/khenraeternal.html

Khenra Eternal
1B
Creature - Zombie Jackal Warrior
Afflict 1

Not terribly exciting except there is a 2CMC gap in most Zombie tribal decks right now.

I don't know if Ammet makes it into current versions of the decks but I think there is now enough left that it might remain a deck after rotation, as much as it will miss Cryptbreaker.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I have Nykthos in my build as a fake Serra's Sanctum. On second thought it might be better as SB material but yes it looks rad in Enduring Ideal.

Also it looks to be unplayable outside of those kinds of decks so it will be cheap enough to play around with on a whim.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I, for one, cannot wait to lose to t2 binding mummy t3 this

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Elyv posted:

That art looks loving sweet.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
So far this set is looking crazy aggressive

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oh look a demon with a downside

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Elyv posted:

Well hello there.

This easily slots into bw zombies, and I think the zombie croc demon is playable but probably not a strictly better option than what's available right now. The downside is real but it lives through most sweepers and makes it easy to connect one way or the other.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Question on Cooperate. Does it copy the "X"
value on cards? If my opponent casts pull from tomorrow using 6 mana can I use Cooperate to copy it, target myself and draw 4 cards?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Well hello there.

This easily slots into bw zombies, and I think the zombie croc demon is playable but probably not a strictly better option than what's available right now. The downside is real but it lives through most sweepers and makes it easy to connect one way or the other.

If this card is playable in standard I will be shocked. It is useful in exactly the scenario where you are both playing creature decks and you are on the offensive while also being an inefficient 3 drop, meaning it's bad if in other situations. It's going to murder you in draft sometimes, though.

Tainen posted:

Question on Cooperate. Does it copy the "X"
value on cards? If my opponent casts pull from tomorrow using 6 mana can I use Cooperate to copy it, target myself and draw 4 cards?

The value of X for cards is 0 in all places but the stack, so yes. If you cast Cooperate on a Pull for 4 you will draw 4 cards and discard 1.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i don't think Refuse is especially powerful but it is a cool as heck effect and so I love it

also more copy spells is always cool. so I don't think this card is especially good but I'm happy it exists anyway

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Can you use both in the same turn to double the CMC damage?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh look a demon with a downside

a demon with a downside that's actually interesting and cool even, top tier design

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tainen posted:

Can you use both in the same turn to double the CMC damage?

You can use both in the same turn, but it won't double the damage because Refuse has to resolve before the spell can hit the yard and let you cast Cooperate.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

This seems like something that's going to make us wish that it was a 5/4 after it gets played with for a bit.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The thing that interests me about this is that, between it and Geistblast, you can have eight copies of "2U, exile from your graveyard: copy one of your spells" in Standard. I'm not sure if there's anything worth doing with it, but any time you can get eight of an unusual effect it's worth thinking about.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What spells are worth copying in Standard? U/R Part the Waterveil?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

how underwhelming

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

how underwhelming

Wow that sucks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Does it actually suck that badly? It occurs the turn you play it so it generates immediate value at least

E: it reminds me of that Dragon's Maze (Gatecrash?) rare that creates hasty soldier tokens

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It actually works really well with Gate to the Afterlife since you can use the latter to loot away the former until you can profitably use the activated ability to bring it back.