Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure how credible this is but apparently a Kingdom Hearts movie is rumored to be in the works too:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/kingdom-hearts-sora-movie-disney/

I have no confidence this will ever get off the ground but we’ll see I guess

Apologies if it was already posted in this thread before but a pitch pilot animatic for the scrapped cartoon series was also uploaded a few years ago by the director of the project:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=n_23o8Dj524

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/Jimcummingsacme/status/1785322069225525375

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1792728343650996560?t=wE_ilcYQhl5LkM4D7DHCGg&s=19

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wonder if it'll ever go on sale for under 50 bucks, since that's how I snagged everything except MoM on EGS

$49.99 (2.5+1.5) + $59.99 (KHIII) + $59.99 (2.8) - $102 - $22.29 + $3.64 = $49.17

Thank you free 30% off every item in cart during a holiday sale coupon from picking a free game, EGS

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

My three year commitment to never touching EGS finally pays off. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That's an hour from now :)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_3qdf19BU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqRmqV6qDB4

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
Not in love with this new Simple and Clean.

I am feeling pretty confident that KH4 is next year, probably January or February. Currently trying to manifest a NEO TWEWY world, and above all that they combine the reveal of that world with the reveal of TWEWY 3 for these holidays.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KH4 could certainly be next year but I simply do not think it will be January by any means

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It's possible we might start at least getting more information on the game either later this year or early 2025 if nothing else

The mobile UX sequel Missing Link is currently in beta stages last I checked so we'll probably get that one first

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Smart money has more KH4 information at D23 in August.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think kh4 will come out in the launch window of the switch 2

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I do not believe it will be next year because that's not how I remember S-E rolling with announcing release dates.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Funky Valentine posted:

Smart money has more KH4 information at D23 in August.

Have they ever done a KH reveal at a D23?

Though I guess E3 isn't a thing anymore so that really limits the options

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Blockhouse posted:

Have they ever done a KH reveal at a D23?

KH3 had a few: Rock Titan gameplay, Toy Box, and Monstropolis were revealed at past D23.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Smart, those are the best parts of the game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

I believe that KH4 will be released when Trump goes to jail.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of KH4 I wonder if we’re going to get any more TWEWY stuff in the game (the 104 building is literally present in Quadratum).

Also considering how the last two games ended it might be cool to get a KH2 Roxas-esque prologue where you play as Riku and/or Yozora for the first part prior to Sora waking up

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 23, 2024

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I wouldn’t complain if they wanted to give us Mickey/Donald/Goofy for a while.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

I wouldn’t complain if they wanted to give us Mickey/Donald/Goofy for a while.

Mickey/Axel/Kairi.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I wonder how badly they're going to screw Kairi over in this one (she's apparently going to start training under Aqua but we'll see if anything comes of that)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
More excited to see who Goofy and Donald are searching for in Hades that can help then bridge the gap between a fictional world and the real one (It's Auron)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

kairi's gonna train in the background until the final world of the final game in the franchise, where it will be a sora/riku/kairi party

she'll be incapacitated right before sora and riku fight the-master-but-with-xehanort's-soul's nobody and heartless in a tag team match

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

More excited to see who Goofy and Donald are searching for in Hades that can help then bridge the gap between a fictional world and the real one (It's Auron)

Obviously it would be Walt Disney and they must free him from the fires of hell itself. (And then he becomes the final boss where you fight his flying head ala Andross.)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Kairi gets to Quadratum but gets too distracted by Yakuza style mini games.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i predict that in KH4 kairi will beat pete in a cutscene and then immediately get chumped by maleficent, and she has to get bailed out by axel lea axel

they've entirely given up on the "nobodies and the original person are two separate people with individual personalities" thing right he's just called axel now? roxas was just a bizarre anomaly because of something something birth by sleep?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm going to be the final boss of KH4.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

i predict that in KH4 kairi will beat pete in a cutscene and then immediately get chumped by maleficent, and she has to get bailed out by axel lea axel

they've entirely given up on the "nobodies and the original person are two separate people with individual personalities" thing right he's just called axel now? roxas was just a bizarre anomaly because of something something birth by sleep?

No when he returned he called himself Lea and had memories of both parts but everyone just kept calling him Axel and he sighed and went along with it. It was a bit when he showed up to saved the day in DDD.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is there an actual, practical difference between the two in personality? that kinda felt like a self aware bit about how they don't want to bother with establishing a new character

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

is there an actual, practical difference between the two in personality? that kinda felt like a self aware bit about how they don't want to bother with establishing a new character

No because the bit was the heart grew back as the nobody experienced emotion. Not that they were separate unique beings. It's why when both are defeated the body and heart combine back

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ninjewtsu posted:

A Nobody is the Body and Soul left behind when a Heart succumbs to Darkness

The stronger the will, the stronger and humanoid the Nobody

The ability to emote comes from their memories, and they can eventually form Hearts of their own, though that knowledge is suppressed by Xemnas and Xigbar to keep the other members in line with Xehanort's plans

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nobodies and their originals are pretty heavily implied to be separate beings but also the same being. It is just one is kind of hollow and depressed without having meaningful interactions to build their own heart. When they fuse together you end up with a synthesis of the two but since they started from the same point they're going to be more similar than not unless poo poo went wayyyyy off the rails.

There's obviously some carryover, like how Axel and Isa are both older and Isa retains the scar that he got at some point as Saix.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 23, 2024

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think he just finds that being Axel is more in line with his sense of aesthetics.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Axel is a cool name so I can understand him. I think he got the best end of the deal as far as renaming goes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1793695640717033876

:thunk:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

KH4 will reveal that the Master of Masters is Jack Garland and SoP was a prequel all along.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jack would be a cool KH bossfight. The class changing could be cool to fight against.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised they never threw Gilgamesh into KH after all these years. He seems like a fairly natural fit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah, i'm turning towards this now. Maybe slightly outside the launch window but the All In One Package is at launch.

That said, the summer of cope is here. Maybe KH4 teaser at today's State of Play, or next week's Summer Game Fest, or Phil Spencer paid the combined salary of Tango and Arkane to have the KH4 video in their thing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There is a rumor that KH4 will be getting a Switch 2 release at least but we’ll see how it goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ok so a lot of the particulars of the KH story have faded from my mind i'm quickly learning. exactly how many people were clowncar'd into sora's body/heart/whatever again? were roxas, xion, ventus, and ansem's usb drive all hitching a ride or was ventus technically not inside of sora due to actually being in castle oblivion? really can not recall these plot points other than the funny realization that sora is a spare storage space

oh kairi was technically in there for a bit too in KH1 right