Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

here's the helmet you get if you become a star citizen outlaw

lol that is dumb as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Logical Chimp got spayed and neutered by Chairgate it is awesome.

It's odd to see Logical Chimp making sense. Maybe there's hope yet for Logic Sol.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6401884/#Comment_6401884

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Is that for real? It seriously looks Stimpirey.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Logical Chimp got spayed and neutered by Chairgate it is awesome.

Why CIG is more comfortable falsely reporting that ships are nearly hangar ready for months on end. The Herald was ready to rock and roll last October, the Starfarer was 1-2 months away last June. Now the Starfarer is once again coyly circling the "oh man it's almost done" crowd despite being a month past due with no reason to believe it's anywhere near complete.

CIG knows that the fallout from saying something will be released for weeks and then moving on to selling the next piece of concept art is a way to plug the gaps and suggest progress and pay a light price. The Cutlass shitstorm would be a drop of rain riding on a summer's breeze compared to the whale fallout that would accompany them actually pulling the trigger on something like the BMM.

The next major feature is always three months away.
The game is always a year and a half from release.

e; actually I'm pretty sure the only ships CIG has managed to produce that haven't been observed as a pile of poo poo or incomplete have been the Aurora and the Gladius/Gladiator duo by whatever truly gifted F42 team that put them together.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 27, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

So THAT'S why Sandi is eating. It's because she values interacting with Shitizens. :confused:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

fuctifino posted:

The real reason why Ben hasn't got a loving clue what is going on around him.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/703324255509807104

He's been too busy archiving Wing Commander stuff.
What the gently caress. You hire a temp or an intern for this crap.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

In 9~12 months from now when the funding dries up, and they release big rigs over the space truckers, I will miss this thread. It has become my morning coffee read, but the end is soon. We must plan ahead.

paarp.

After it hits rock bottom and is universally agreed to be a failure, there will still be a decade of lawsuits to look forward to.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So like...Space Dishonored?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

So THAT'S why Sandi is eating. It's because she values interacting with Shitizens. :confused:

She could be doing something different if she wanted (working at target), instead she's cashing a seven figure paycheck. Please have pity on her

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Of course you don't

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Two more from my herd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ash1138 posted:

They did. He's Director of Spaceships.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

fuctifino posted:

Maybe because it's the only productive thing he's done for months?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NlnLySnq0

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 27, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

overseer07 posted:

Two more from my herd

How does the one on the right feel about wing commander?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ash1138 posted:

They would never show the proper reverence to the transcendent work of Chris Roberts

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ash1138 posted:

Kinda difficult to justify, given it looks like it's stuff relating to Wing Commander and nothing to do with Lesnick's actual job. Looks like he's using his paid time at CIG to catalogue stuff for his WC fansite. Does anyone in this company even understand what professionalism is?

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

overseer07 posted:

Two more from my herd

those good cats. part bengal on right?

this my other one:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Lord Kinbote posted:

Decided to give lowtax some beer money.I lost hope for this game a year ago but thank God I only payed for the aurora package.I can't take take my eyes of the shitshow though,it's like the crash you can't help look at on the motorway.

Posting from pages back but welcome!!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Inkel posted:

This is some wonderful Fox News style graph making right here. Put an incredibly popular game up against a game almost no one has heard of to show how no one plays the unknown game. I'm sure the SC forumgoers were shocked to learn that more people play GTAV than LoD.

You could make an identical looking plot for Star Citizen but they'll just say it's an alpha

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

Kinda difficult to justify, given it looks like it's stuff relating to Wing Commander and nothing to do with Lesnick's actual job. Looks like he's using his paid time at CIG to catalogue stuff for his WC fansite. Does anyone in this company even understand what professionalism is?

Or you just buy/rent a commercial scanner and do the whole thing in a weekend.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
One last thing before I call it a night.

Look at the wasted talent and art. You go from this :

To this :

They took one of their coolest designs and turned it into a grey turd. So yeah, this game is disappointment, never mind the missing seat.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Sunswipe posted:

I think the implication is that this person, who barely qualifies as having a job, is so busy that the only time she can find to eat is during the shows.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6401529/#Comment_6401529

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6403080/#Comment_6403080

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Lime Tonics posted:

One last thing before I call it a night.

Look at the wasted talent and art. You go from this :

To this :

They took one of their coolest designs and turned it into a grey turd. So yeah, this game is disappointment, never mind the missing seat.

Wow, that's some real misrepresentation in addition to the seat thing. I guess I can kind of understand these guys day dreaming and thinking about their $150 space ship based on that first image. Like ok that sounds cool and it will be full of fun and whimsy. Then you get this poo poo and it looks like a Mechwarrior 2 cockpit out of it? I can't believe people apologize for this.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Does Chris think people will forget they're in a spaceship if 20% of the view isn't obstructed by struts?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

darkarchon posted:

I hope my short time impersonation of b'tak was at least mildly amusing as well :(

I was so up for believeing that, you had me.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

overseer07 posted:

Two more from my herd

right catte is a delightful roly-poly tabby. My catte makes an awesome couch barnacle.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Jared: Now one of the additions to 2.2 is the Xi'ian Scout...In this weeks 10 for the developers, revealed that the ship has morphed from a two-seater to a one-seater....

Lesnick: Yes, that's a big discussion on the forums right now, and we've looked into why that happened and how to make it not happen again, um....basically, and this is what we figured out in the last 24 hours, several months ago a tech-producer, I'm not going to name any names because he's not a jerk,

Jared [whispers]: Justin Chambers

Lesnick : Yes it was all Justin Chambers fault...no, no a tech-producer looked at the Xi'ian scout and said...you've all seen the early concept model with the two seats...one of our tech-producers looked into it and said "this won't work because you can't have a ship where one person is blocked in...this is a problem with the [Gladiator] right now and they're refactoring that...So essentially it was a design no-no to have one person blocked in and there response was ok, remove this extra-seat...it didn't function or anything at this point...where the process fell down is that was not really communicated it was put into our internal confluence which is what went to the tech set-up team, but it did not propogate to design or community so um, that's how that happened, it's kind of like when uh...you remember that probe that NASA sent it was the Mars probe where they mixed up miles and kilometers so, it was an honest mistake but unfortunate so, we're gonna look at a way to have a second seat its not necessarily something we can promise because it is a tech-blocker and its not something that is scheduled.

Yeah but did your write up have fancy gifs like mine? :smuggo:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
overweight cats loving own.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

That's some stimpire design right there

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ZenMaster posted:

Yeah but did your write up have fancy gifs like mine? :smuggo:

I missed it. :whitewater:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sunswipe posted:

What a shitstain he is

G0RF posted:

They did. He's Director of Spaceships.
:staredog:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Looks like their little "trade in your jpeg for an even shittier jpeg, $5 off!" caused the rotting cat corpse to bounce

I'm sure anytime we have sustained days of less than 40k they'll pull out some last minute sale to boost the numbers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Does Chris think people will forget they're in a spaceship if 20% of the view isn't obstructed by struts?

Well given the flight model they might think they never left the FPS.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
2.2e Patch Notes

quote:

Star Systems:
Fixed an issue that was preventing characters from picking up the Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle at the end of the PI Wanted mission.

Game Systems:
Fix for Gilly remaining stationary at the end of Chapter 4, preventing transition into Chapter 5 of the Tutorial. Criminals at Level 5 Wanted will not see the option to Quantum Travel to Port Olisar.

Ships:
Fixed an issue where the Sabre would lose a wing after being summoned to Port Olisar.

First Person:
Fixed an issue where the LH-86 Ballistic Pistol would not be completely picked up by your character. Fix for everyone on the server getting an Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle.

Technical:
Fixed a number of client crashes.

looks like they're wrapping up on this wave. Hopefully 2.3 can live up to the havoc this one caused. They're promising a Starfarer so that should be fun, whether it comes out or not.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 27, 2016

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Sappo569 posted:

Looks like their little "trade in your jpeg for an even shittier jpeg, $5 off!" caused the rotting cat corpse to bounce

I'm sure anytime we have sustained days of less than 40k they'll pull out some last minute sale to boost the numbers

It's also a great example of their long term problem - none of that was new money. It was the quickest, simplest way they could make an extra ~$20 off people who already owned a basic package, hopefully thus putting them on the path to whalehood.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Pages back but of course he has an obnoxious atheist handle.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Derek Smart does it concern you that when SC fails that you will probably not be able to do anything game related for years without the trolls coming out to destroy it in retaliation? Because obviously its your fault this game sucks or whatever they tell themselves.

he has protected himself from this outcome in the most clever way possible!

Inkel posted:

This is some wonderful Fox News style graph making right here. Put an incredibly popular game up against a game almost no one has heard of to show how no one plays the unknown game. I'm sure the SC forumgoers were shocked to learn that more people play GTAV than LoD.

you could put a whole lot of games in the top slot of a steam chart vs line of defense and end up looking pretty much the same.

the amusing thing is that shitizens are now defining down what they expect out of SC to be "competitive with Derek Smart's Line of Defense" rather than the top line. :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

The more the merrier! I just wanted it recorded somewhere for posterity. I bet they regret talking about it after the Ben post good on the forums. They had to make up a story that made the impossible possible. With hilarious results.

• Locked thread