Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

jivjov posted:

Is this even specifically targeted at a group? I'm only coming up with "bear" as slang for big hairy gay man, and I think I'm missing the 'joke'

Boy scouts recently announced they were letting trans kids join so I assume it's about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ainsley McTree posted:

Boy scouts recently announced they were letting trans kids join so I assume it's about that

Ohhh, I forgot about that

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

jivjov posted:

Is this even specifically targeted at a group? I'm only coming up with "bear" as slang for big hairy gay man, and I think I'm missing the 'joke'

Tolerance is a monster trying to kill our children. The bear is just because the boy scouts are known for going into the woods.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

omnibobb posted:

I dont know if they still do it, but podcast Skeptics Guide to the Universe has a regular segment called Fact or Fiction, but they occasionally have a now atheistic Jewish man who comes on and does "Jewey or Screwy" where he goes over these and the hosts have to guess which one is an actual Jewish rules lawyering tradition.

I'm several pages behind, but Amish will also do similar things in regards to technology. For example, they won't drive, but they will pay people to drive them around. Rules are also very localized. We have an amish community ~30 minutes away from my house can use self-propelled lawn mowers. The other amish community ~30 minutes in the opposite direction cannot use self-propelled lawn mowers, but it's been a hotly debated topic in the church for the last few years.

Obviously, local Amish are rather liberal when it comes to co-mingling with 'the English' and also do not shun people.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 3, 2017

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Facebook post about the possible new law in Alabama that requires the father/family of the woman who wants an abortion to give permission, even in the cases of rape and incest. I called it Craster's Law. And promptly got a few angry posts from some FB friends of friends about how it's not fair how a woman can force a man to give his HARD EARNED MONEY FOR 18 YEARS FOR A BABY HE DOESNT EVEN WANT so this is totally levelling the playing field.

Even when I explained who Craster was, they didn't think it was funny, only that "feminism brought this on you."

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Co worker flipped on me about Obama. He claimed he lost his job due to Obama saying "not to go to Vegas." I feel bad for the guy, he had a good gig with a large heavy equipment rental company, but this seems so misguided.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

He claimed he lost his job due to Obama saying "not to go to Vegas."

What?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/7149616/Barack-Obama-tells-Americans-dont-go-to-Las-Vegas.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
All dogs in america will be deaf by the time Trump is out of office.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Dejawesp posted:

Those pesky gays no wanting to get kicked out amirite?

I don't know if it's intentional but I like to think that's the bear Conway thinks schools need to be armed against.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Co worker flipped on me about Obama. He claimed he lost his job due to Obama saying "not to go to Vegas." I feel bad for the guy, he had a good gig with a large heavy equipment rental company, but this seems so misguided.

I get the complaint, but this is basically just the classic Keynesian dilemma about how private virtue becomes public vice. Saving your money seems good, but it means it's not in the economy. Of course, in 2010 we were still feeling very strong effects from the recession. I would tell your coworker that that's the best possible explanation for why economic stimulus and borrowing money is good during a downturn. Obama's stimulus gave people money to spend in Vegas, while Republicans called for a spending freeze at the time, which would have made things so much worse.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

You mean Betsy Devos, right? It's really amazing how a rich, out-of-touch woman assumes every school in Wyoming is surrounded by roaming grizzly bears. If an urban Democrat ever made that gaffe, they'd be mocked endlessly for not knowing anything about "the heartland" and stereotyping middle America.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

VideoTapir posted:

All dogs in america will be deaf by the time Trump is out of office.

they didn't even do it right. looks like trump is white stoner kid trying to hide the evidence

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

VideoTapir posted:

All dogs in america will be deaf by the time Donald "The U.S. has become a dumping ground" Trump is out of office.

Kool-Aid I get, but Newports?

Ursa Majora
Dec 24, 2006

Ohhhh... you touched my Tra La La
"lol blacks smoke menthols"

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Gen. Ripper posted:

Kool-Aid I get, but Newports?

newports make up something like 50% of all cigarette sales to african americans

hell, menthol cigarettes as a whole are seen as "black"

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Aeka 2.0 posted:

If only there were some other company which had heavy vehicles that he could drive and get compensation for but no - THANKS OBAMA

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

There is not a :psyduck: big enough for this.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Please tell me this is parody. I have to believe this is parody :gonk:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jesus Christ, who gives a loving poo poo.

edit: like stick this in the "Obama says a true thing and is crucified" file

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Ah yes, a diet for McD burgers and whatever that instant death spell was.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Only loyal to old white men.
Constantly accuses people of betraying him.
Makes a bunch of stupid mistakes that gets good people killed.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

Harry Potter nonsense
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
jfc, read another book

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Defenestration posted:

Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
Read another book
jfc, read another book

ok! *compares everything to Hunger Games*

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

ok! *compares everything to Hunger Games*

Just Hunger Games? We can compare everything to Twilight as well!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm still on Star Wars

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
As a sophisticated adult I prefer games of thrones when drawing analogies.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

We used to compare politicians to characters from Ulysses in this country

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Animal Farm is the best source for political comparisons.

The Danish VHS, not the book.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So a liberal girl I know from work made a Facebook post about how much she respects John McCain and Glenn Beck (for being anti-Trump) and is now following their twitters. Such shameful behavior. Trump has successfully managed to push the Overton Window so far to the right that dumb liberals are praising any Republicans who condemn him. Like, what is the point of that even supposed to be?

(Hint: it's because liberals have a "finding common ground with those you disagree with" fetish; I'm not even joking, I think they derive sexual pleasure from it.)

Cowslips Warren posted:

Facebook post about the possible new law in Alabama that requires the father/family of the woman who wants an abortion to give permission, even in the cases of rape and incest. I called it Craster's Law. And promptly got a few angry posts from some FB friends of friends about how it's not fair how a woman can force a man to give his HARD EARNED MONEY FOR 18 YEARS FOR A BABY HE DOESNT EVEN WANT so this is totally levelling the playing field.

Even when I explained who Craster was, they didn't think it was funny, only that "feminism brought this on you."

Man, from reading your various posts in this thread and (I think) some PYF threads like IOSM, you really need to meet new people. Like, it's to the point where I recognize you as "that poster who knows a bunch of terrible people", which is kinda sad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still on Star Wars

Beyonce's having twins while an old, power-hungry creep runs the republic.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Beyonce's having twins while an old, power-hungry creep runs the republic.

but that means Jay-Z has to a) kill her in anger b) become evil and c) become said power-hungry creep's right hand man and enforcer.

and then d) their twins wind up defeating the both of them 20+ years later, with the boy child redeeming Jay Z at the last moment thus "bringing balance" ?

or maybe i'm thinking too much

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Is there anything more satisfying than dropping a good old-fashioned "Convicted War Criminal Allen West"?

I think not.

(he's mad about the UC Berkeley Protestors)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Defenestration posted:

Is there anything more satisfying than dropping a good old-fashioned "Convicted War Criminal Allen West"?

I think not.

It was funny when Milo "are you triggered??" yianoapoppoplis demanded an apology for being called a white supremacist, but then it was less funny when the mayor actually did it

never apologize to nazis imo

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

If a thin wire between two poles counts as an enclosing wall then why not just touch the two poles with the sincere desire to create a dividing line between them and not put any physical object?

It's in the same spirit as making appliances with options with no other purpose than to rules-lawyer God.

What was that movie this loophole was invented in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNlxBuB9jM

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Defenestration posted:

I think not.

Oh no: he was never CONVICTED of war crimes :smuggo: He plead "no contest" to the charges so: next best thing to innocent

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh no: he was never CONVICTED of war crimes :smuggo: He plead "no contest" to the charges so: next best thing to innocent

Shooting a pistol next to a man's head is pretty far down the list as far as war crimes go.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SimonCat posted:

Shooting a pistol next to a man's head is pretty far down the list as far as war crimes go.

That's still considered torture in civilized countries. Mock executions are pretty hosed up.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Youtuber who posted this TODAY posted:

no-one is going to suffer during the time trump is president( in the sense of trans and other minorities). I'm not responsible for anyone else but me, I am not a bigot. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SimonCat posted:

Lmao "it wasn't even bad torture!"