Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Homework Explainer posted:

when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

James Joyce is way easier to read than MLS blogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

pretty good post/username combo.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
You say that, but one of DC United's main chants is "gently caress the Red Bulls", so we're not all PC.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Yes some of us are Mac hahaha

Ahahahaha

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

Haisley just unleashed a 332-word sentence:

The ending of that post makes me think it was ironic

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's intentional but in no way funny, clever or interesting to read

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nice post/tar combo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
When you start a game without Darmian, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, 6 first team defenders, you will concede goals, the only way we would've won that game is by scoring 3 or 4 goals, that game had to be a 4-2 or 5-3, take that in to account and look how we played going forward, you can't blame van gaal, how many chances fell to martial, to Fellaini, we don't have good enough players, it's as simple as that, having said that the only fault in van gaal from today was the subs, an accusation I've thrown at him time and time again, sometimes you've got to go back to go forward and we should've brought on Schneiderlin and Jones to plug the holes that the kids provided, the kids were thrown in and I'm not expecting miracles but they did as best they could, Bournemouth didn't play great tbh, they were very average and gave the ball away a lot which is uncommon for them, Depay did well until injured and young should've been on there and then, now we can all say van gaal this van gaal that, but end of the day it's Woodward who signs players, watching that game it's clear we need a handful of players throughout the team, martial shouldn't be our goal threat, Lingard shouldn't be our creative winger, Fellaini shouldn't be out go to guy for goals, yes we have plenty of injuries but Rooney Schweinsteiger aren't going to do out, only one player we have injured would've made a difference going forward today and that's Herrera

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
These Amore parodies keep getting weirder

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

HJB posted:

lol irl

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

HJB posted:

lmao that's great

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

same, op

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

HJB posted:

jfc lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i loled irl when i read that in the pos

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

HJB posted:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Relegation is a real possibility because the situation we find ourselves in is strange to all of us.
Jose: He has never manage a team struggling to avoid relegation, so he doesn't have the experience or clue on how to get us out of this mess.
The players: They find themselves in a strange situation because non of them have played in a team battling with relegation.
The fans: We are confused aswell. We think the team needs to create chances and dominate for 90 minutes to win games but it's not possible when the players don't have the confidence. Most teams that survived a relegation battle succeed by winning ugly just like Stoke, Sunderland.
Solution: I think Jose needs to step down for a while. And we need to get a manager that knows this league well and have experienced a relegation battle (A Pardew, R Martinez, S Allardyce). At the end of the season Jose will take over.
Just my opinion!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Wrong thread?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Relegation is a real possibility because the situation we find ourselves in is strange to all of us.
Jose: He has never manage a team struggling to avoid relegation, so he doesn't have the experience or clue on how to get us out of this mess.
The players: They find themselves in a strange situation because non of them have played in a team battling with relegation.
The fans: We are confused aswell. We think the team needs to create chances and dominate for 90 minutes to win games but it's not possible when the players don't have the confidence. Most teams that survived a relegation battle succeed by winning ugly just like Stoke, Sunderland.
Solution: I think Jose needs to step down for a while. And we need to get a manager that knows this league well and have experienced a relegation battle (A Pardew, R Martinez, S Allardyce). At the end of the season Jose will take over.
Just my opinion!

That is amazing.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Just my opinion!

Holy poo poo. :v: Source?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

From this thread on the Shed End about whether they're getting relegated, tbh even in this current predicament they're not nearly as funny a forum as Red Cafe or RAWK can be at times, which is kinda sad tbh, they should be melting down more if they wanna be a big entitled club.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brendan Rodgers posted:

From this thread on the Shed End about whether they're getting relegated, tbh even in this current predicament they're not nearly as funny a forum as Red Cafe or RAWK can be at times, which is kinda sad tbh, they should be melting down more if they wanna be a big entitled club.

:stare: I can see what you mean. The only replies to that offensively stupid post go like "with due respect," and "I respectfully disagree". There has got to be a less civil Chelsea forum somewhere.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2hHYHZrBvg

can you spot the dad of the year, hint 2:52

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

It's hard to fathom that there actually is someone out there, somewhere, who thinks Harry Redknapp is the man to turn Chelsea around.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
It's getting really really dull to read the exact same comments after every single game, with almost no talk about the actual football itself or tactics. It feels like I'm reading a Football Bible Twitter feed rather than a Reddit discussion, it's honestly getting ridiculous. Can the mods maybe set up two post-match threads? One for "banter" and one for discussion?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

It's getting really really dull to read the exact same comments after every single game, with almost no talk about the actual football itself or tactics. It feels like I'm reading a Football Bible Twitter feed rather than a Reddit discussion, it's honestly getting ridiculous. Can the mods maybe set up two post-match threads? One for "banter" and one for discussion?
Lmao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wrong thread imho.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Can we set up two Internets one without reddit users?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quiet enjoyment posted:

Can we set up two Internets one without reddit users?

SA goons are definitely better, and not the same type of insufferable nerds at all.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

PirateBob posted:

SA goons are definitely better, and not the same type of insufferable nerds at all.

We're cool and smart, and funny and nice.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...football-soccer

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

not clicking that

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't written by Brian Philips, formerly of Grantland

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

Except for you, yeah.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Another reason why we need two internets

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Except for you, yeah.

You actually believe this. :newlol:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

this has to be an ad right, sponsored content or whatever, i refuse to believe a sentient human being sat down and thought "yes, what people want to read is my star wars soccer fanfiction" but its not a stretch to imagine doing so as a way to shoe-horn star wars into your column and get those sweet sweet dollars

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

ESPN is owned by Disney isn't it?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

HappyCamperGL posted:

ESPN is owned by Disney isn't it?

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
American woman soccer player called Abby Wambach just finished her career. There should be a lot of juicy stuff out about that.