Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Wiseblood posted:

So does the scene with Patches pushing you into the poison only happen before you beat Amygdala? I'm pretty sure I saw them walk by where that normally happens but didn't see the treasure or trail of shining coins. It's be a shame if Pat missed out on that.

It was kind of weird for me. I went to Nightmare Frontier several times with no sign of Patches anywhere. Then one time I entered and he was just there, hanging out on a the cliffside waiting for me. I don't think I just missed him, because the way his model was lit made him really stick out even from a distance. I still haven't killed Amygdala either though so I don't know what was making him not show up, then suddenly show up.

I know they most likely didn't go anywhere near his spot before Amygdala though, because at the start of the most recent video they still haven't opened the other shortcut in the zone and he's really close to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt, I don't know if you even look at this thread anymore, but for as much as you guys reference Trigun and Gungrave, you should check out Blood Blockade Battlefront, that guy's current series.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Patches will push you off even if you beat the boss. I had to go back after hearing about him and he was still there.

That being said I'm so glad they met the Cathedral Buddy this episode. This kills the snail :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fell behind the zaibatsu due to finals, just watched bloodborne up to 35 and holy loving poo poo the Amygdala boss is loving amazing.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Wow. I know I'm really behind, but pat getting butthurt about woolie calling him out about playing ahead is super childish. I can back pat up about almost everything, he's a crazy person who is arguably my favorite best friend, but him saying "are you getting emotional [that I'm ruining the playthrough]?" Is so.. Ugh. PAT!!!! I blame it on his brain not being as warm as it should be

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

It's almost as if I was making some sort of a "joke" rather than genuine criticism of boob jiggle. :monocle: I'm not sure why you felt the need to get so defensive of this game.

I was being facetious and pointing out all the other ways the video game is also chock full of dumb bullshit that isn't how things work in real life. Sorry, I'm bad at humor and didn't realize how much more sarcasm I should've dumped on my comment to make sure people didn't take me serious.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

RareAcumen posted:

I was being facetious and pointing out all the other ways the video game is also chock full of dumb bullshit that isn't how things work in real life. Sorry, I'm bad at humor and didn't realize how much more sarcasm I should've dumped on my comment to make sure people didn't take me serious.

It's a bad game

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

E: insert bad opinion here lol

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Finally something we can all agree on.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Hi my name is Woolie and I caNT CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

Hi my name is Woolie and I caNT CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!

That's the same noise he'll make when he learns there are scientists other than Michio Kaku.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

agreed

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

It wasn't until the comments for this video that it really sunk in how deep and ridiculous the SBFP lore is. When future generations sift through this section of the internet Woolie and Liam are just going to sound like mythical beings of legend.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Chrispurple posted:

It wasn't until the comments for this video that it really sunk in how deep and ridiculous the SBFP lore is. When future generations sift through this section of the internet Woolie and Liam are just going to sound like mythical beings of legend.

I think you're on the wrong side of history.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

goldblums eyes posted:

I think you're on the wrong side of history.

Don't get me wrong, I will one day tell the tale of Grandma Swamp to my children. It might be a little while before we start getting paintings of Liam lurking in vents though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam continues to suplex the poo poo out of Aria

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Sit right here on my lap, son, and I'll tell you the story of Chewie and Fuckface. Once upon a time..."

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

"Sit right here on my lap, son, and I'll tell you the story of Chewie and Fuckface. Once upon a time..."

I imagine this in the voice of the Winnie the Pooh narrator, and it is really perfect.

I feel like Best Friends lore will become myth the moment where the wikia disappears, and people have no way to know why or where these jokes started. Like, in the Prose Edda, it lists goddamned 30 names for Odin for no reason, I guess just cause that's what different local groups called him, and we're getting there. "We call him Woolie here, but he is known by many names. Woolsworth, WollieWollz, Woolie the Liar, Pie Thief, Grandma Swamp, Big Papa, Chewy, Shitlocks, Black Lightning, and Viper."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Liam continues to suplex the poo poo out of Aria

Yeah, he's really killing it so far. How much more of the game does he have left?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I could have sworn aria of sorrow was longer than this, holy poo poo liam is amazing

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

hoobajoo posted:

I imagine this in the voice of the Winnie the Pooh narrator, and it is really perfect.

I feel like Best Friends lore will become myth the moment where the wikia disappears, and people have no way to know why or where these jokes started. Like, in the Prose Edda, it lists goddamned 30 names for Odin for no reason, I guess just cause that's what different local groups called him, and we're getting there. "We call him Woolie here, but he is known by many names. Woolsworth, WollieWollz, Woolie the Liar, Pie Thief, Grandma Swamp, Big Papa, Chewy, Shitlocks, Black Lightning, and Viper."

"Able to eat 3 day old spoiled cheesecake and live!"

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, he's really killing it so far. How much more of the game does he have left?

After the boss of Top Floor there's another boss immediately afterwards in the garden and then one last area. At the rate he's going Liam will probably burn through the rest of the game in 30-40 minutes.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Finally getting around to watching the Bloodborne video. Pat mentioning the load times makes me kind of curious when we'll start seeing the post-patch load screens instead of just BLOODBORNE.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Kimmalah posted:

Finally getting around to watching the Bloodborne video. Pat mentioning the load times makes me kind of curious when we'll start seeing the post-patch load screens instead of just BLOODBORNE.

Possibly never, they're nearly up to episode 40 and it's ~3 days after the game launched.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wordnumber posted:

After the boss of Top Floor there's another boss immediately afterwards in the garden and then one last area. At the rate he's going Liam will probably burn through the rest of the game in 30-40 minutes.

Does Aria have multiple endings like Dawn of Sorrow did? I remember getting every bad ending in that when I first played DoS before lucking my way into the real ending.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aria has at least 2.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

Possibly never, they're nearly up to episode 40 and it's ~3 days after the game launched.

Maybe, but there's plenty of optional stuff they haven't gotten to so I guess we'll see.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Aria has at least 2.

I wonder if Liam will show off the bad end then, unless he's already passed that point.

When I was younger and playing through Dawn of Sorrow, for the longest time I thought Soma going crazy and turning into Dracula was the true ending.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
It's that time of the week again: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-093-children-are-encouraged-to-jump-from-their-karts

Preview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7cpJQUPkOk

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I need to get around to All You Need Is Kill and Edge of Tomorrow.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rodyle posted:

I need to get around to All You Need Is Kill and Edge of Tomorrow.

The manga is available in a single volume for $15 and is worth every penny.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also I can't wait for them to get to Life is Strange again, because shockingly I think the third episode may have salvaged the game. Hopefully it doesn't fumble it again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if Liam will show off the bad end then, unless he's already passed that point.

Liam can still get every ending except for the bullshit "have 100% souls" one.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh boy my dumbass post about Konami is the first item in the news. Can't wait to hear that part of the cast.

FauxGateau posted:

Also I can't wait for them to get to Life is Strange again, because shockingly I think the third episode may have salvaged the game. Hopefully it doesn't fumble it again.
Yeah, I know day 1 is asking a bit much but I'd love to see it soon. Honestly I'm both interested in seeing how the devs vary up the events and in seeing Liam rage at dumb characters.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Low-Budget Nintendoland is incredible

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Holy loving poo poo. Been playing through Scholar of The First Sin and the Crowns DLC for the first time. gently caress the Iron Passage. Holy loving poo poo this is wretched. High health, high poise, high attack enemies backed up by goddamn semi-automatic greatbow ghosts, assassins throwing lightning bolts, and priests doubling your loving equip load and throwing lightning around, all from out of reach, just so you can fight a literal goddamn pallete-swap boss.

I mean I'm usually one to defend Dark Souls 2, but gently caress this bullshit.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You get a cool hat.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Spiritus Nox posted:

Holy loving poo poo. Been playing through Scholar of The First Sin and the Crowns DLC for the first time. gently caress the Iron Passage. Holy loving poo poo this is wretched. High health, high poise, high attack enemies backed up by goddamn semi-automatic greatbow ghosts, assassins throwing lightning bolts, and priests doubling your loving equip load and throwing lightning around, all from out of reach, just so you can fight a literal goddamn pallete-swap boss.

I mean I'm usually one to defend Dark Souls 2, but gently caress this bullshit.

This exact thing was the final straw for me as well :(

Rodyle posted:

You get a cool hat.

It's item description:

"Hey! You remember Dark Souls 1 right? Right? RIGHT? Please like this video game love - not Miyazaki"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I do like it because it's Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That's an optional area I believe. Just don't do it if you hate it so much.