Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

Solice Kirsk posted:

People that give animal's people names are the worst.

C'mon..... Kevin is not a people name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Welp that chrome extenstion Emptyquote button actually emptyquotes

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Oct 6, 2015

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Dodecalypse posted:

C'mon..... Kevin is not a people name.

???

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
What do people look like where you're from

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tendai posted:

What do people look like where you're from

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Solice Kirsk posted:

You stay on your side of the fence. I think it's delightful to give pets completely ordinary mundane names.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
What if one of your friends named their pet after you? How would that make you feel?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

casual poster posted:

What if one of your friends named their pet after you? How would that make you feel?

I'd be conflicted. On one hand, I'm flattered. On the other hand, Rover is a weird name for a cat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Solice Kirsk posted:

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Astrobastard posted:

Welp that chrome extenstion Emptyquote button actually emptyquotes

e: I actually don't want to break the rules today.

Alternative pants has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Oct 7, 2015

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Trent posted:

I have a different opinion about the worst people and it involves apostrophes.

So basically you hate black people

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cacafuego posted:

So basically you hate black people

yes...

wait poo poo, trick question.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I named my cat Toby and now Toby is not a people name to me. I read the back of some crime thriller once because I was possibly going to buy it, but the protagonist's name was Toby and I couldn't stop laughing. Couldn't bring myself to buy the book.

Well that's my story, have a picture of Toby.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hey Aatrek, see you're still doing you.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

casual poster posted:

My friend's mom got a pair of dogs and named them after my friend and her brother. Don't worry, the dogs weren't a breeding pair.

Picnic Princess posted:

I named my cat Toby and now Toby is not a people name to me. I read the back of some crime thriller once because I was possibly going to buy it, but the protagonist's name was Toby and I couldn't stop laughing. Couldn't bring myself to buy the book.

His name is Kunta Kinte!

Bored has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Oct 7, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

How often do people call him by the wrong name?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Your cat should have been named Marmalade.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bored posted:

His name is Kunta Kinte! Kitty!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have two guine pigs named Blade and Whistler but if I get a dog I'm naming him Steven.

Mundane names for dogs rules. You can yell at them and pretend they are a jobless roommate.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Dogs get people names. Because dogs are people. :colbert:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

casual poster posted:

No joke, this happened to me and it made me feel very uncomfortable.

Also as a kid I named my dog Maggie because at the time I felt it was unfair that pets get weird names. How would you feel if you were a dog and got the name Rover?

Turns out Maggie is a super popular dog name.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I have to know if there are people named Rover

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I named my cat Mordecai and my roommate named my other cat Keke because he is uncreative. Keke was his but he couldn't even commit to taking care of a cat so now they're both mine and I'm okay with it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The woman calls our kitty "Kee Kee" because she refuses to call her by her legal name of "Pussy Galore."

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

goose fleet posted:

I have to know if there are people named Rover

http://www.roverradio.com/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

His name is Kunta Kitte! :colbert:.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Zero One posted:

No joke, this happened to me and it made me feel very uncomfortable.

Also as a kid I named my dog Maggie because at the time I felt it was unfair that pets get weird names. How would you feel if you were a dog and got the name Rover?

Turns out Maggie is a super popular dog name.
Wake up Maggie I think I've got something to say to you

It's a question

about who is a good dog

(it's you, you are a good dog)

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trickybiscuits posted:

Wake up Maggie I think I've got something to say to you

It's a question

about who is a good dog

(it's you, you are a good dog)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My rabbits is named Harriet because she is 90% fur.

she's Harry!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

she's Harry!

D'aww

My niece somehow managed to name my Maine coon Harry because he's almost all fur

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

she's Harry!

Huh, thought maybe you were going for an obscure cold in the underground railroad joke there.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's much better as the whole thing.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

If you don't observe your pets for a month and then name them based on their behavior then get the gently caress out of my face.
The vet techs love when I walk in with Tiberius Cornerbutt and Elizabun Peepants.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'll take the broken bunnies. Give me all of the broken bunnies.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Literally Esoteric posted:

If you don't observe your pets for a month and then name them based on their behavior then get the gently caress out of my face.
The vet techs love when I walk in with Tiberius Cornerbutt and Elizabun Peepants.

What does the DQ stand for? Disqualified? Because he only has one ball? That sucks.

And yeah, pretty much every animal I've ever cared for has it's name at the vet recorded as something stupid like Kitten A or Dog 4 because there's no way I have a proper name for it yet. Then, months later, they end up earning names like Conglom, Horn-Head, Devis Devis, Black, Mumbashi, Fatty and so on. If only we were allowed a period of time before formally naming our children instead of scribbling in whatever dumb poo poo sounds good when you and your wife haven't slept for 57 hours and just want to lie down instead of filling forms.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Literally Esoteric posted:

All cats should simply be named "cat" and I refuse to call them anything else. Same with pretty much any other animal. If there's more than one present, you can call them "grey cat" and "white cat" or "small horse" and "large horse" or whatever. Only dogs deserve real names.

HairyManling posted:

If only we were allowed a period of time before formally naming our children instead of scribbling in whatever dumb poo poo sounds good when you and your wife haven't slept for 57 hours and just want to lie down instead of filling forms.
Some people decide on a name before the baby is born to avoid being put on the spot like that.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

casual poster posted:

If it's a bitch, I'd be offended.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Some people decide on a name before the baby is born to avoid being put on the spot like that.
God drat it, Tiggum. You can't possibly have thought I was being serious in that part of my post. I swear you're like some rampant AI from an ancient, alien culture that was programmed to only focus on the hyperbolic portions of posts and point how they don't make sense to the rest of the highly efficient, and properly functioning machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wait.... so those dumb pet names were the serious part of the post?

• Locked thread