Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I wish he would make a Bloodborne 2 in space

no......in vast underground cities made of gemstones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

In Training posted:

I don't look at a wiki until I've already beaten the game at least once maybe twice. After 4 of these games I know how they're designed and can guess at secrets and find my way through 95% of the stuff. The only thing I missed in Bloodborne was that I only found two umbilical cords my first playthrough, and I never stumbled across the old workshop (which is a cool location)
i only got bloodborne in like january this year and managed to stay completely unspoiled. i knew about clerical beast from a trailer way back and i heard the name gascoigne mentioned, but otherwise knew exactly nothing

i knew the basics from playing des ds1 and ds2, but i didn't worry about levels or weapons at all. i looked up the wiki after i finished and saw that i still had cainhurst, the clinic, the owrkshop and upper ward to explore

it was very satisfying, and i hope to do the same with ds3

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
bloodborne was prolly the best one of the lot to play blind because going in to it I dont think anybody anticipated it was gonna become all about lovecraft and cosmic horror halfway through

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the only ds2 music I remember thinking "wow this is really good" was sinh's. good fight too

In Training posted:

I wish he would make a Bloodborne 2 in space

you mean Demon's Souls 3 in space. because bloodborne is demon's souls 2 but with werewolves and lovecraft

other souls games on my wishlist:
egypt souls (with some mediterranean and fertile crescent influence)
wild west souls (red dead redemption souls basically)
moe souls

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

yeah i also did ds2 blind and the plot was nowhere near bloodborne

most of my friends who like the souls games looked up speedruns basically from day 1, im very grateful that they actually didn't spoil anything for me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

bloodborne was prolly the best one of the lot to play blind because going in to it I dont think anybody anticipated it was gonna become all about lovecraft and cosmic horror halfway through

i thought i was going to end up fighting giant gators, giant bears, all kinds of huge weird beasts......but once the trophy list leaked and i saw ebrietas daughter of the cosmos on it..............

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

running into the aliens in the forest the firs time feels

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I saw the opening cutscene and japanese release trailer and cut myself off after that. but thanks to youtube "helpfully" recommending vaati's playthrough videos and twitter autoplaying gameplay footage, I'm still getting spoilers

:(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

running into the aliens in the forest the firs time feels

watched my friend playthrough the game when it came out b/c he had a ps4 and I didn't, we freaked the gently caress out. "THAT is an ALIEN. that is a loving alien. WHAT THE gently caress." for about 5 minutes. it was a good time

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I saw people talking about a twist but managed to keep from spoiling myself. The plot going off the rails at the forbidden woods and the first celestial beings reveal were so good.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The second half of the game blind is like living in an insane nightmare

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another cool thing is that you have limited exposure to aliens really until you go to the secret upper cathedral, something that's easy to miss.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the DLC is like three different terrible nightmares lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i was suspicious really early on that there was some insane bs happening because i kept trying to figure out why there was a invisible vortex outside of the cathedral ward lantern

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress i may start a new character tonight. I wish the church pick wasnt so late in the game

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

i was suspicious really early on that there was some insane bs happening because i kept trying to figure out why there was a invisible vortex outside of the cathedral ward lantern
Same, that really got me. I was on a Skype call at the time too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Not that any of you need more convincing but ds3 is extremely powerful. I wish I had waited for English though

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Holy gently caress I can't wait to get my hands on Dank Souls 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to rush simons bowblade and try that for a playthrough

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i thought it was pretty cool. unsure if i'd want to do a full playthrough with it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i thought it was pretty cool. unsure if i'd want to do a full playthrough with it.

I figure having ranged is OP enough that I can fly through the game if I'm not feeling it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
rushing to the bowblade is like... 1 hour maybe? idk, if you have a chikage character they should be able to wield it, so you can just dick around with it in a few chalice dungeons and see if you like it.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

The bow blade is bad rear end. Makes a lot of the annoying part s of chalices a lot easier, u can play like a complete bitch and its even better than OP demons souls sorceies because it backstabs too :gonk: I rec charge attack up gems for the full experience if you have enough souls power to power through the chalices again

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

In Training posted:

I did this on my last playthrough and had a lot of fun. I also picked up the rakuyo towards the end and feel unstoppable.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Also, don't forget to pick up the monocular! When you use it you can free aim with the bow. hella useful for picking dudes off.

e. I forgot it's dumb name haha.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
You can even backstab with the bowblade but I never really came across any situation where that was useful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I grinded souls by being summoned at gascoigne so i could go right to amelia.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i kept dying on amelia bc i havet leveled up or upgraded my weapon.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I'd definitely recommend people avoid any sort of info for DS3. The game is jam packed with secrets and it's super satisfying finding everything out for yourself

i think peopel should do this for every game. but they are who they are. thats how i operate though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

i kept dying on amelia bc i havet leveled up or upgraded my weapon.

u need a +5. u can be sl 1 with a +5 or sl 100 with a +1 and it will still be easier with a +5

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chikage is confirmed extremely powerful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rhycool posted:

Also, don't forget to pick up the monocular! When you use it you can free aim with the bow. hella useful for picking dudes off.

e. I forgot it's dumb name haha.

i wish they never added the cross hair to it. im trying to get my view on

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

Chikage is confirmed extremely powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUacrPcCcKw

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i wish they never added the cross hair to it. im trying to get my view on

a toggle for it would be nice.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
crosshairs gone if u turn ui off in options

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

crosshairs gone if u turn ui off in options

i know

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

finally getting back into this... its been a while. is the dlc worth 20 bucks? really tempted

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Raymond Hog posted:

finally getting back into this... its been a while. is the dlc worth 20 bucks? really tempted

its worth 1 million dollars. im quite biased however

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

its worth 1 million dollars. im quite biased however

no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its really good. i dont know what 20 dollars is to you but if you can spare it then its worth it