Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

So in what may quite possibly be the most bizarre thing I have seen from WWE in quite some time:

Apparently at Takeover, we will be getting this: Shayna Baszler, Adam Cole, Dakota Kai, Johnny Gargano, and Tyler1 vs Seth Rollins, Ruby Riott, Tyler Breeze, Cesaro, and imaqtpie

In an NXT vs WWE League of Legends 5v5 matchup.

https://twitter.com/KarenNerdsOut/status/1052696460683354112

And I'm not joking either.

Wait wait, actually on the Takeover? :stare:

I can't decide if this is dumb as poo poo or actually pretty smart because esports are getting more and more popular and I feel like there's a lot of potential (and actual) audience crossover there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What the gently caress are Tyler1 and imaqtpie?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Should've made it Black Ops 4 so they could include Roman. UpUpDownDown Roman is best Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I believe actual pro gamers.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Aphrodite posted:

Pro esports dudes, at a guess

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Should've made it Black Ops 4 so they could include Roman. UpUpDownDown Roman is best Roman.

I can't tell if you're joking but that would unironically rule. UUDD Roman is awesome and is basically like if they overhauled Roman on TV like how they did The Usos (which I feel like they kinda briefly did with Roman As Dean's Buddy during Dean's ME push and as I recall it was pretty good and over) which would be potentially great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh I missed the "League of Legends" part of the tweet.

Now that I think about it I have heard the name Tyler1 before, though I had no clue who he was.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Aphrodite posted:

Tyler Bate and Trent Seven repackaged

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Zero clue about that thing.

But it probably ties into this:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1050137740543713281

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
rovert can you find out what Overwatch character HHH likes the best

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

rovert can you find out what Overwatch character HHH likes the best

Genji

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

I need to be put over

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Johnny Gargano was the one who attacked Alister Black.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1052707841193193472

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So is this a heel turn?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Some of y'all under estimate NXT's storytelling

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Some of y'all under estimate NXT's storytelling

Meaning it's not a heel turn, or...?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Airhorns.aiff

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1052713144441810944

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1052717130129596416

OK thats all well and good but im just waiting for Punishment Martinez

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1052717130129596416

OK thats all well and good but im just waiting for Punishment Martinez

Martinez is going to directly jump to the main roster and debut alongside Baron Corbin. Punishment Corbin and Baron Corbin. The Corbin Twins. They'll win by using twin magic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can't tell if you're joking but that would unironically rule. UUDD Roman is awesome and is basically like if they overhauled Roman on TV like how they did The Usos (which I feel like they kinda briefly did with Roman As Dean's Buddy during Dean's ME push and as I recall it was pretty good and over) which would be potentially great.

No, UUDD Roman is genuinely the best. He's just chill and better at CoD than everybody else.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, it's War Raiders, Dunne, and Ricochet, vs all 4 members of TUE in WAR GAMES.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tyler1 is basically what happens when you shrink roid rage into the body of a man that's only 5'4
Imaqtpie is what happens when RVD suddenly gives less of a poo poo about anything I mean the dude is a millionaire and showed up to NXT in gym shorts and addidas flip flops

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Tyler1 is basically what happens when you shrink roid rage into the body of a man that's only 5'4
Imaqtpie is what happens when RVD suddenly gives less of a poo poo about anything I mean the dude is a millionaire and showed up to NXT in gym shorts and addidas flip flops

Pretty sure imaqtpie and Matt Riddle would get along well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Both the clip provided in the nominees and his very excited acceptance speech are peak Imaqtpie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mIs7HBHDvU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Also, it's War Raiders, Dunne, and Ricochet, vs all 4 members of TUE in WAR GAMES.

Bobby Fish is back :woop:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Obviously this isn't going to be fully correct, but here is what the Takeover: War Games card will probably be. Only one match was confirmed for the card so far, however. Taken from another site, but regardless its pretty solid.

quote:

- War Games: Undisputed Era vs. War Raiders, Ricochet, and Pete Dunne (confirmed; Undisputed have the man advantage)

- NXT Championship: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Velveteen Dream (could also be a three way with Lars Sullivan)

- NXT Women’s Title: Kairi Sane vs. Bianca Belair (Bianca won a few big matches on the taping and she’s a heel, so it would make sense Kairi would be champion if she is challenging)

- Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano

- Matt Riddle vs. Kassius Ohno

Could also be a Nikki Cross vs. Candice LeRae match, but that one I am less sure of

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i dont know poo poo about esports but 'imaqtpie' is a great name for a guy to have when he kicks your rear end

edit: WAIT i do know a thing, there used to be 1 pro gamer and his name was fatal1ty

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They could have gotten Ninja but he wanted the KSA 'no women at the PPV' arrangement

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Obviously this isn't going to be fully correct, but here is what the Takeover: War Games card will probably be. Only one match was confirmed for the card so far, however. Taken from another site, but regardless its pretty solid.

Cross-LeRae seems like one of those taped before TakeOver things.

And I’d imagine they’ll have Bianca attack Sane at Evolution or in a taped backstage thing to set up that match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought Tyler1 was somebody copying a Wikipedia post with the reference number in it.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Dunne was selling an ankle injury pretty hard during the go-home show taping. Wouldn’t be surprised if EC3 took his place at War Games.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

So in what may quite possibly be the most bizarre thing I have seen from WWE in quite some time:

Apparently at Takeover, we will be getting this: Shayna Baszler, Adam Cole, Dakota Kai, Johnny Gargano, and Tyler1 vs Seth Rollins, Ruby Riott, Tyler Breeze, Cesaro, and imaqtpie

This is weird as gently caress but who the hell are imaqtpie and tyler1

edit: internet video game guys I guess, I missed the last page

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Tyler1 has a good physique and can cut a good promo, a great pickup by the performance center

https://clips.twitch.tv/LongMildConsoleFreakinStinkin

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

DarkstarIV posted:

Tyler1 on the face team lol

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SaberToothedPie posted:

Tyler1 on the face team lol

Everyone on that team except for Dakota is a heel now. :ssh:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought Dunne was legit hurt?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Potential Survivor Series stuff

WWE may be sending out a survey asking for fan interest in three matches at the event:

- Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rey Mysterio
- Charlotte vs Asuka

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"we haven't done these matches for 6 whole months, maybe the fans will like them this time"

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought Dunne was legit hurt?

He was but the event is still a month away, maybe he thinks he can swing it by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

"we haven't done these matches for 6 whole months, maybe the fans will like them this time"

The only one that's true of is Charlotte/Asuka. Braun and Roman have been feuding for months, and they literally just did Rey/Shinsuke.