Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Instead of sleeping I decided to make Apoc Barthandelus kiss my rear end :boom:

Mastered with the weirdest party, with me running Vaan (BSB) - Alphinaud (BSB+SSB):

Seeing Cait Sith as part of the leader's team did not inspire confidence at all but apparently it worked. Tons of buffs and mitigation, our Healers and Wallers were prepared for the 51% dispel, and I took great joy in watching Barthandelus hit himself due to Deployment Tactics :allears: The hardest part was actually downing the two pieces of armor at the beginning since we were light on dps, but once I got Vaan's BSB train going we got through it. The Minfilia also deserves props for having her SSB with Last Stand ready after the dispel as a safety net in case Wall couldn't get up in time.

MP is easily my favorite feature on FFRK right now, it scratches the MMO raid itch without the commitment of an MMO.

a computer ghost fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I've beaten apoc Bart a few times now and you'll probably increase your likelihood of winning drastically if you just bring your own waller and bsb medica and pop them as soon as he hits his dispel.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Run tyro with powerchain.

Cue up an instant, smash out a SG, win.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Honestly I think Barthandelus is one of the few bosses who is easier to master in singleplayer than multiplayer. Ultimate Dispel + Haste + every attack instant cast + forced Battle Speed 3 + lag = recipe for disaster. In SP, he's faster but being able to use Battle Speed 1 and not having to worry about lag causing your instant attacks to take 20 seconds to resolve just simplifies things so much.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 10, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

acumen posted:

I've beaten apoc Bart a few times now and you'll probably increase your likelihood of winning drastically if you just bring your own waller and bsb medica and pop them as soon as he hits his dispel.

Just did this and welp, it worked. Thanks!

Also cleared U+ Lightning, she was pretty pitiful with all of my stacked mitigation and debuffs. Not a single one of her attacks was breaking 350 damage. Waaaay easier than the Ultimate.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Finally cleared Apoc Barthandelus. Our team had almost none of the staples too - Minfilia/Tyro, Noel/Vanille, Celes/Rosa and my own Vaan/Rosa. The Minfilia died early on so we had no ATK boosts at all (I presume she had Blessing of Light), and we had no Hastes at all other than the self-Burst ones. The DEF debuffs by Ark Blast carried us a long way. Finished with about 16 seconds left on the Doom timer and no other deaths.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 10, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

acumen posted:

Full break and a breakdown aren't usually enough for any U++. Try protectga/shellga/wall?

I was with a Tyro whose OSB landed for a whopping 4000 damage.

Most people use Tyro OSB for the stacking mini-burst for the party. If they don't have Wall, they shouldn't be bringing Tyro.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Single pull lifestyle still going strong. :aaaaa:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Aww, I'm gunna miss the d200 multiplayers :(

I keep getting connection errors and can't get in

My motes

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
100 gem nothing, 1/11 one rainbow. "It's gonna be the loving Lightning unique. gently caress." Raines Burst. :woop:

That marks the last ingredient to my mage meta team being fierce as gently caress: Maria(BSB)/OK(BSB)/Raines(BSB)/Faris(BSB/SB)/Yshtola(BSB/Wall). I actually feel sorry for all of the good physical people I have; despite having Kain BSB I doubt he'll be coming off the shelf any time soon.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I see people talking aboyut Sea lord broadside alot.
Does Beryl Serpent and SLB stack up?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Lightning was piss easy for me compared to the loving turtle for some reason. I one shot her with no issues and Cid Raines bsb did some loving work, god drat.

Will tackle the warmech after work.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

I see people talking aboyut Sea lord broadside alot.
Does Beryl Serpent and SLB stack up?

Sea Lord's Broadside is an ATK/MAG debuff on a different buff/debuff ID than Beryl Serpent/Full Break or the Breakdowns, so it stacks, yes. It's situationally extremely useful.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Finally took out Garuda! Turns out the feathers are red herrings. Every time I fought her I wasted time killing the first round of feathers to try and stem the incoming damage, then I realized they barely make a dent with mitigation up and the damage increase in her ultimate is negligible, and suddenly I had enough DPS to crush her before she could out damage my healer. I think this is the first u ++ I've beaten!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kanos posted:

100 gem nothing, 1/11 one rainbow. "It's gonna be the loving Lightning unique. gently caress." Raines Burst. :woop:

That marks the last ingredient to my mage meta team being fierce as gently caress: Maria(BSB)/OK(BSB)/Raines(BSB)/Faris(BSB/SB)/Yshtola(BSB/Wall). I actually feel sorry for all of the good physical people I have; despite having Kain BSB I doubt he'll be coming off the shelf any time soon.

I have Maria, Cid, and yshtola bsb, plus hope osb/bsb and Terra's osb

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Lightning event ults weren't very hard*. Maybe Lightning's physical attacks are all short range and affected by rows but with Wall/Protect/Shell she rarely did more than 1-1.2k to anyone with her hardest hits and I have Y'shtola's BSB so outhealing that level of damage was trivial. When she swapped to magic damage it was even less dangerous due to Vaan's BSB.

D200 Bart took two tries, mainly due to the first being in a party with hopeless people, but the 2nd run had two Tyros who both had keeper tomes, my y'shtola with ss2/asylum, and a Vanille with her BSB, with buffs coming from an OK BSB. We could've had people die due to bad luck with AOE later in the fight but thankfully nobody did though neither person with curaise/full raise was among them so it would've still been recoverable.

* probably the realm I have the most synergy for, including 8* halloween hat/throwing weapon for y'shtola and tidus. Only front row person was Ramza, with a ~250 atk sword.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Finally took out Garuda! Turns out the feathers are red herrings. Every time I fought her I wasted time killing the first round of feathers to try and stem the incoming damage, then I realized they barely make a dent with mitigation up and the damage increase in her ultimate is negligible, and suddenly I had enough DPS to crush her before she could out damage my healer. I think this is the first u ++ I've beaten!

The only thing the feathers do is break the pillar and the damage of her one-time-only scream is based on how intact the pillar is; if the pillar is completely broken it does a fixed 6000 damage divided across the number of targets hit, which means it will do a whopping 1200 to everyone. Definitely not worth splitting damage to avoid.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Lightning event ults weren't very hard*. Maybe Lightning's physical attacks are all short range and affected by rows but with Wall/Protect/Shell she rarely did more than 1-1.2k to anyone with her hardest hits and I have Y'shtola's BSB so outhealing that level of damage was trivial. When she swapped to magic damage it was even less dangerous due to Vaan's BSB.

i just came back from the u+ cid mission and, uh, let me tell you, without a healing burst 1k AoE damage per turn at 650 speed adds up fast. even with Highwind, going with a shout RW instead of wall was completely out of the question.

healing bursts are an absolutely massive step up in power

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Koobes posted:

Just a reminder to fellow goons, you can generally find/make MP groups with goons over at our discord: https://discord.gg/83h3U6r

(Dr Pepper can you toss that in the OP please :D )

Added to the OP.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

i just came back from the u+ cid mission and, uh, let me tell you, without a healing burst 1k AoE damage per turn at 650 speed adds up fast. even with Highwind, going with a shout RW instead of wall was completely out of the question.

healing bursts are an absolutely massive step up in power

You're totally right. Eiko and Vanille's BSBs are carrying me through all current content despite having now-mediocre offensive BSBs (best are Celes, Kain, Paladin Cecil).

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

A thought occurred to me. If you craft Ultima and then sell it, are you forever screwed out of crafting another one because you didn't get the Ultima Record back?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

2/11 on banner 2, Raines Coat and Lightning's garbage.

Medica BSBs are indeed the poo poo. I have almost nothing (only Hope and Terra) for Mage SBs and mostly physical otherwise. Vanille and Y'shtola basically carried me to a completion of U++ last night. They also trivialized the Lightning U+. Once you get enough SB meter built up, nothing's really killing you anymore with two white mages.

I've been relying a LOT on Ramza's BSB Steel command to help generate wrath for Y'shtola though. As both my Wall and a Medica, she's become way too valuable to my teams right now.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

U-DO Burger posted:

A thought occurred to me. If you craft Ultima and then sell it, are you forever screwed out of crafting another one because you didn't get the Ultima Record back?

If you sell it as opposed to breaking it down, maybe? I know if you break it down you get the Memory of Ultima back because I did that in JP.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I whaled mercilessly on this banner and got Raines' BSB (plus Hope's OSB) so now I can sit pretty

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zurai posted:

If you sell it as opposed to breaking it down, maybe? I know if you break it down you get the Memory of Ultima back because I did that in JP.

yeah out of curiosity I just looked at the confirmation screens for both shattering and selling Curada, and it looks as though selling only gets you gil. I then immediately locked down every 6* skill I had because looking at the sell confirmation screen made my blood pressure spike

e: but maybe I'm wrong! Anyone volunteers who want to test it out? :unsmigghh:

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 10, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have 4/9 of the good cid banner... (no cid BSB, no serah bow, snow fist, guns, crap sword)

I have 4/9 of the good XIV banner... (none of the 3 bsbs, deployment tactics, medica II)

Pull on either? Wait for something good on the horizon?

Will follow goon advice

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I have 4/9 of the good cid banner... (no cid BSB, no serah bow, snow fist, guns, crap sword)

I have 4/9 of the good XIV banner... (none of the 3 bsbs, deployment tactics, medica II)

Pull on either? Wait for something good on the horizon?

Will follow goon advice

I'd wait. The odds are very much not in your favor of getting a dupe, and trust me, that poo poo stings. The first banner on the Orlandeau/Gafgarion is pretty good (not as epic as XIV 1, but still pretty good), and the IV banner 1 coming up right after also looks pretty nice.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah there's a lot of garbage on this Cid banner, enough that I couldn't justify more than one attempt.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Dr Pepper posted:

Added to the OP.

I think discord links are always temp. But asking around should get people new links anyways.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Koobes posted:

Just a reminder to fellow goons, you can generally find/make MP groups with goons over at our discord: https://discord.gg/83h3U6r

(Dr Pepper can you toss that in the OP please :D )

Do you have a general raid ID everyone uses to find goon-only parties?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Zebia posted:

Do you have a general raid ID everyone uses to find goon-only parties?

4666 (GOON)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I had to beat multiplayer Gilgamesh twice cuz we shuffled our way out of mastery before the fight even started lol

Did beat (and master) him, and the other two multiplayer events that were due today, plus the regular events, but not the Cid Missions because I don't feel like it. Oh well. Probably should have tried multiplayer sooner, it's pretty fun.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Celes with Indomitable Blade gets work done on MP Barthandelus. Bring Banishing Strike along too.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Welp I missed the poison dragon MP cutoff, oops. Oh well. Completed everything else that was expiring on the 10th.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

RIP to all the extended events. But glad that the screens are less cluttered with stuff. But also upset that Gilgamesh's mug won't be staring at me from behind the tree anymore.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So how good are these double-strike spellblade skills? Kinda tempted to hone this lightning one, especially since it would be useful for the U++, but I dunno how useful they are long-term. I've been pretty happy with the -ara level spellblade stuff so far, since between Celes' RM and hitting weaknesses, it's pretty easy to hit the damage cap with them.

Do the double-strike versions see a lot of use in the JPN version, or do they end up being outclassed by other physical stuff?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Trip report from a day of helping goons finish multiplayer on the discord: Raines BSB owns bones

He may be stuck at 80 for a while but his utility and sheer damage output is absolutely nutty

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
I've still got a solo d200 poison pool bird thing fight queued up.

Ysh with BSB, SSB and wall, wrath.
Tyro with BSB and wall.
Maria with BSB.
Krile with sheepsong.
Alph with deployment tactics.

RW is vessel of fate.

I've given it one shot so far, closed at 10% left because I couldn't outpace his regen, cos alph and krile were dead and they had all the fire magic.

There's no reason I can't solo this right?

E: nm, asylum op, win

Inge fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 11, 2017

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Alright, I need someone to talk me out of heeding the Siren's song of pulling on the upcoming IX Banner 2 (the one with Steiner & Freya's BSBs):

Outside of a high risk of only getting a dupe Tin Armor, it has enough unique stuff (the afore-metioned BSBs plus Eiko's Hamelin, Garnet's Stock-3000HP Gown, Quina's Golden Haripin for Tidus' OSB) to entice me to gamble a good chunk of the mythril I've saved so far for the Anniversary Banners...

And keep in mind I'm also skipping TG Cid in favor of the Anniversary (And the fact all the good relics from that banner reappear together in the Malak side of the Rapha/Malak Event's Banners).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

AstraSage posted:

Alright, I need someone to talk me out of heeding the Siren's song of pulling on the upcoming IX Banner 2 (the one with Steiner & Freya's BSBs):

Outside of a high risk of only getting a dupe Tin Armor, it has enough unique stuff (the afore-metioned BSBs plus Eiko's Hamelin, Garnet's Stock-3000HP Gown, Quina's Golden Haripin for Tidus' OSB) to entice me to gamble a good chunk of the mythril I've saved so far for the Anniversary Banners...

And keep in mind I'm also skipping TG Cid in favor of the Anniversary (And the fact all the good relics from that banner reappear together in the Malak side of the Rapha/Malak Event's Banners).

Elephant Ambush posted:

Please use characters that you like and pull on their game's banners and don't obsess over clearing every single dungeon in the game. :tipshat:

• Locked thread